It is BAD that USA/UK attacked IRAQ
77%
I don't care
8%

Total votes: 53

Virgo

Do you support the War in IRAQ?

Post by Virgo »

What do you think about the USA and British attacking IRAQ? Is it OK for the "Coalition" to bomb civilians? Is it OK for the IRAQ people to use guerilla tactics?
harriet

devil

Post by harriet »

i don`t think attecking Iraq is a good deed.maybe some Americans think that the government has its own reason why to atteck Iraq.but in my point of view,i think the US just want to further control the world.now we all know that the United States is so called "super country".why?the reason is very simple.It is the most developed country in the world.some old saying said:"what could a 300 pound gorilla do?it can do anything he wants ."i think it`s quite suitable to this situation. :cry:
no one wants to live in the war because it always bring us sadness and sorrow of losing our relatives.people need peace not war.now the action that the US has already taken is a great harm on any of us.now just look at the people`s lives in Iraq,you will feel so sorry for them and took sympathy on them.they don`t have house,family and even sometimes live in the street.it`s you that bring so much terrible pain on those innocent civilians.you are the one that is to blame. :x
no war again in this world.that is everyone`s wish.
Lac

the war

Post by Lac »

hi all,
The war is bad in itself in whatever reasons. One cant use weapons to resolve well anything despite their resonable motives. The war in Iraq is only to resolve a problem: overthrow Sadam Hussein from his throne. If Sadam is an aristocratic ruler, the war can be tolerably accepted but with the minimum possible casualties and damages. Nevertheless, it is difficult to say that the war has its minimum bad consequences because it often leads to much sorrows.
When we have no more friendly negotiations for resolving some dispute, when our opponents just live to their benefits regardless of others' rights, we have the right to use all of the strong measures in response to create some security and safety for people involved. Of course, it must get agreements from those involved in terms of the least casualities.
The war in Iraq is not that of soldiers fighting each other, but a strategy in order to attain what British and America government desire. The cause of the Iraq war obivously results from the fighting against terrorism (Alquaeda) that America try to kill it all. This is called "tit for tat". If president BUsh wants to carry out some terrorist against Sadam Hussein, it's very easy!!!!
But America does not do that. It opened pubicly a desert storm in the Iraq territory.
Is that called an heroic deed or not ?

lac
lennye_tran

Post by lennye_tran »

[color=blue][/color]
Wow, all the replies are kinda old, so I'm not quite sure if anyone checks this topic or not; however, I still wanted to send my reply to share my thoughts with you guys.
This is a "war and peace" or POLITICS topic. It's huge! Also, we all have different opinions about this. Perhaps, everyone is right and wrong in his/her own way. I respect your opinions about not going to war, respect the peace we were all having. Not many people like wars; however, you have to think twice before expressing the thoughts that wars are bad. In fact, not all wars are bad such as slavery war or Revolutionary war, we called.
For this war, to my opinions, I do not like Bush, but I don't think he's trying to gain his powers by the war or the war is bad itself. This is not a matter of gaining power, but it's a matter of giving freedom to those who can't free themselves. My older generations--grandma,mom, dad, aunts, uncles had been living in war time, so they know how it feels to be in a country that you can't even have your own freedom. We, our generations, are born in peace time. That's why we don't feel the thing they felt. We don't live in bad conditions like they'd lived.
Also, if you did watch the news, you would have seen the Iraqi people are living in bad conditions. They don't have whatever you're having now. Moreover, their leader is a "mad man." He wants to control the world ( don't tell me to prove it because you should know yourself he has that idea) He wants to expand Muslim religion. He buries his own people alive. His sons raped virgin girls and turned their lives to a living hell. He also might have some connection with Bin Laden. He might be behind all the bombings and terrorist attacks, who knows. If you think this war is bad, what about the bombing of World Trade Center??? Lives lost, hello??? it is not bad ???.
Overall, this war is against him, not the whole country- Iraq. Americans have their own freedom and right now, they have the power to help others, so they should. Sometimes, you can't be selfish and think about yourself only. To me, I think whoever thinks the war has affected his/her life is selfish. They say, "there's a light at the end of the tunnel"; therefore, we should think that this war could get a better world for us later--a world of no terrorist attackings.
iguimar

I do not agree with you

Post by iguimar »

I know every one has the right to tell what he thinks. Maybe I can not say, due my english, some word to reluct your opinion on war. What you said is just a fanatism that not see the things is happening in the world, you told to the other to get their mind updated, but you just seem to have your thoughts on your country, in what the government sent you, what it just want you get know.
I do not wish to be a bad boy, just given my opinion on the subject you have put on. Have you ever thought about to be in the place the other person are, not just in the USA, the big protector of the poors ones, the superman, that fight against all injustices, all misery, and for that, invade countries, like vietnam, afganistan, panama, somalia, etc..., have happened to you that this countries generaly is not so strong to fight back?, have you thought way USA, have not invaded RUSSIA, during the cold war, after all on that time RUSSIA, was the big satan, why united states, do not invade china to solve the problems on nuclear weapons?, but it do invaded iraq, for weapons of mass destruction, that till today, nobody knows anything, where it is that weapons, and if was true, way not acts with diplomacy instead of get UNO afraid and loss it his role on the world, and finally, why USA, just do not kill Sadam, after all it kill many iraquians (do you now how many:, hundred, thoushands, million?, I do not know maybe just two or three using thousands of bombs).
Well finishing, maybe I am wrong and USA is really a big brother that wants help everybody, not just take the money, oil, dignity of the people on the world that has other cultures, beliefes, and hopes.
But if is true let me asking you something, I do not know if you have brothers, but if do, do you usually hit them to get something "borrowed" or do you prefer to use force, once you know they can not fight back.
Obs: I do not be you enemy just gave my opinion
See you
Best wishes
Iguimar brazilian
lennye_tran

reply to Iguimar

Post by lennye_tran »

When someone said "maybe it's your idea and I'm not gonna against it, but.." There's always a BUT in every explaination. Thus, quote your sentences, "What you said is just a fanatism that not see the things is happening in the world, you told to the other to get their mind updated, but you just seem to have your thoughts on your country, in what the government sent you, what it just want you get know."
I'm not quite sure I get it right, but I think what you were trying to say is that I TRY to manipulate everyone's mind on this war and TRY to defend whatever the US is doing. For your information, I don't just say things out of no where. I've read news, media, facts from ALL points of view, not just from what I've seen on television or what my government WANTS me to know. I've seen good views and sad views from both sides of people who make documentary about this war. I take this seriously about saying things to people because I believe if one misunderstood about this war, it could lead to WW III. I've learned this in my sociology class from the beginning of the war until now--the time the US dropped the first bomb to declare war to Iraqi government.
"I do not wish to be a bad boy, just given my opinion on the subject you have put on. Have you ever thought about to be in the place the other person are, not just in the USA, the big protector of the poors ones, the superman, that fight against all injustices, all misery, and for that, invade countries, like vietnam, afganistan, panama, somalia, etc..., have happened to you that this countries generaly is not so strong to fight back?, have you thought way USA, have not invaded RUSSIA, during the cold war, after all on that time RUSSIA, was the big satan, why united states, do not invade china to solve the problems on nuclear weapons?, but it do invaded iraq, for weapons of mass destruction, that till today, nobody knows anything, where it is that weapons, and if was true, way not acts with diplomacy instead of get UNO afraid and loss it his role on the world, and finally, why USA, just do not kill Sadam, after all it kill many iraquians (do you now how many:, hundred, thoushands, million?, I do not know maybe just two or three using thousands of bombs). "
If you read this again, I think you should apology to me for whatever you've said. One thing, I am Vietnamese. My whole family were from Vietnam, and do you guess why we all are in the US?? You think it's because we were captured by the US?? AHHAHA.. fat chance.!!! (sarcasm). My family left Vietnam because we're southern people and we don't like to live in the country that runs by communists. We chose democratic system. We lost the war because the US gave up on us or the south government didn't work well, who knows. A lot of things were behind this whole thing. NOT BECAUSE WE COULDN'T FIGHT BACK. You should get more information before making some examples like that.
Also, the US haven't fought with Russia because we were allied in WW 2. Russia hasn't done anything to threat the peace. You don't just go a fight with some country because you don't like that country. In addition, we've found some facts about Saddam and you think it's just as easy as go there and kill Saddam without "harming" or whatever you say to people. If it was that easy, we wouldn't need anyone to remind us. WE ARE NOT THAT STUPID.
Moreover, do you think you're being fair to this whole thing??? Everything the US do is wrong and you can judge it, but when bad things happen to us, we deserve it or something because we've done bad things??? You said I don't put myself in the place of others, but do you put yourself in the place of mine?? If the US is a bad place, why do people keep on trying to come over for any reason, even if it's illegal?? You have to make your opinions strong, no matter what.
Do you think you're being fair to say all that stuff to the US? I don't say anything bad to the other side, but what I'm trying to say is open your heart and understand other's actions. Don't judge before your heart and mind are opened.
guess

Wars

Post by guess »

Leynne,
Thumb up to you.
I also experienced and lived through a war in my country. What I learned was
"PEACE DOES NOT COME WITHOUT COST!!!".
I am not for war if I can avoid it. Those people who are anti-war just on their lips. I wonder what they will really do if they have to live day to day in a war ridden country. It's always so easy to anti war when one lives comfortably in a free society (without dictatorship, free speech, free everything).
guess

Wars

Post by guess »

Leynne,
Thumb up to you.
I also experienced and lived through a war in my country. What I learned was
"PEACE DOES NOT COME WITHOUT COST!!!".
I am not for war if I can avoid it. Those people who are anti-war just on their lips. I wonder what they will really do if they have to live day to day in a war ridden country. It's always so easy to anti war when one lives comfortably in a free society (without dictatorship, free speech, free everything).

Post by Guest »

Heya!
Can you name a single war for peace waged by the US? If you do then you know nothing after having read so many funny things. You ARE being brainwashed.
QUI BONO is the only motto for wars. And after WW2 the US (not even Russia) is the most aggressive country. Take it or leave it. The world has always been washing its hands making allowances to the US for many reasons. Now the time is nearly over, the war is a clumsy step to avoid the crisis which is on the way - $ is going down, do you believe it will rise soon?
Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Question to Guest,
Did you ever wonder how many innocent people Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and the terrorists killed? Are you and the anti-everything people against the US for fighting against the terrorists, the communists and the religious extremists? Wake up before it's too late. People around the world should unite to get rid of those terrorists! Those evils installed hatred and murdered innocent people under the name of their God!!! Don't blame the US and its policy!!! Blame the terrorists, the religious extremists!!!
Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Question to Guest,
Did you ever wonder how many innocent people Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and the terrorists killed? Are you and the anti-everything people against the US for fighting against the terrorists, the communists and the religious extremists? Wake up before it's too late. People around the world should unite to get rid of those terrorists! Those evils installed hatred and murdered innocent people under the name of their God!!! Don't blame the US and its policy!!! Blame the terrorists, the religious extremists!!!

Post by Guest »

That's a try-n-find game: I spy with my little eye something beginning with... then goes the first letter of the name of a 'vicious enemy' of your modus vivendi. The only thing under question is how the loser is going to cover the expenditures of the US for having defeated him. Neither Bin Laden nor Hussein have anything to do with the US aggression. The whole world knows it. That's why noone but GB supported the aggression. It's a witch hunt beyond the US borders. Their own territory isn't enough anymore. It's the US who are dangerous. Take it or leave it.
lennye_tran

Post by lennye_tran »

"take it or leave it" blah blah blah blah.... Is there anything that you can say besides that???????? You can't even show your profile or tell anyone who you are because you're afraid that some people on here may actually know who you are and if anything you've said opposites to what you do in your life, you'll be in a big embarrassment. Also, don't even tell me you don't want anything that deals with the US. Don't use dollars, don't speak english, don't watch movies. There you go, nothing to deal with US since we're soooooooooooo bad and many of us are being "brainwashed".
Were your family living in the war time? Have you dealt with wars? Have you lived in a country like Iraq??? If you have not then open your mind and see it for a chance. No one feels good when they're being accused. Questions and answers of ethic are in everyone's heart. Thus, I can see you're not a good person.
Agnieszka

no war

Post by Agnieszka »

Hi all,I have just joined the club but at once I noticed this interesting topic.I come from Poland ,and as most of you know one of the 3 areas in Iraq is controlled by polish soldiers .Nevertheless,the decision of polish gov. to send there troops was not supported by most of the nation.
I am against war,not against the war in Iraq,but against any other type of violence which may influence the culture, history,lives and future of other country.Poland went through so many wars and rebellions and still years after them we feel the breath of history and we will feel for a long time.War is not justified at all and the worst is that often Iraqis or Muslims from other countires take this as an attack on the Islam.Every war,every decision,every action against other country,whatever the circumstances is against the logic,against the heart and against the humanity.I strongly oppose that kind of actions,and being Christian i will say inshallah hope it will all end.
lennye_tran

Re: no war

Post by lennye_tran »

Agnieszka wrote:I am against war,not against the war in Iraq,but against any other type of violence which may influence the culture, history,lives and future of other country.
The US civil war wasn't wrong. If it didn't happen, I don't know how long the slavery would go on. WWI and II weren't wrong at some points. Hitler and SOME other countries were trying to dominate the world. He killed the Jews.
Agnieszka

wars weren't wrong?

Post by Agnieszka »

I have read quite interesting reply to my words.At some point wars weren't so bad?What so wonderful happened after the WWII?Was it rebuilding the countries?I do not think so.Simply we look at it from different perspectives so I will not try to convince anyone that war is war and nothing good in it.Lets just discuss and state our opinions.Only one question bothers me now-In many countires or parts of the world there are conflicts,poverty,unjustice so how about a little war there too to solve their problems?USA is nuclear super power so should we attack it?Of course not as it is the internal matter then plz let people of given country decide.Thank you for interesting reply.
Agnieszka

Re: wars weren't wrong?

Post by Guest »

Agnieszka wrote:Lets just discuss and state our opinions.

As you said, "let's just discuss and state our opinions"; however, it seems like you're a little bit annoyed by what I've written. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm not. Who knows?!?!?!??!
Anyways, I was just stating MY OPINIONS that not all wars were bad. Not like I like wars (totally hate them) or anything, but one just can't gather everything together and think each of them is the same. As for the US civil war, even though Abraham Lincohn did start the war, but his reason was understandable. It was him who freed the slaves. It was him who gave America another idea about slavery. We can't just deny all his works and say that that war was bad. WWI and II were bad ideas of whoever or whichever countries started them wars--a dark history in humans' s history. Those evil people were arrogrant. They didn't give a damn if religion people sang holly music to them. They did not care what the world thought. That was why some countries had to stand up and took back the freedom for the whole world.
Overall, you can keep your opinions; and you said everyone can keep his/her opinions. If you understood it, why did you get so annoyed when someone posted something different than yours? I didn't get an attitude to whatever you've written, so I do not understand why you've had an attitude to whatever I've written.
Agnieszka

Annoyed?

Post by Agnieszka »

Who gets annoyed?me?not at all,thank you very much i am not interested in getting annoyed at all as i know that whatever we state here in our discussion will not influence any of the politicians who really can change anything.I just keep discussing and exchanging views .You said yours ,I said mine and all is great.The only thing i wanted to say is that I am grateful for respnding and that my opinion is same as i wrote above,nothing else .Anyone should feel free so i felt too but i guess you got it a bit wrong.Thanks again for reply and I hope that all here will have different opinions on various topic as differences between people make us all really interesting and worth of admiring.
Agnieszka
frenchie

no!!!

Post by frenchie »

hi i'm french and i don't support the war on iraq I think this is an unfair war!!

they lied they cheated, they've killed thousands of civilians ans so on!! though i'm not anti-american!!
denriza

stop war!!!

Post by denriza »

I'm not agree with war, because war just make people sorrow, authorities of civils pulled!! :oops: . Why do we must war between human? does war have a heart of hearts? I thing no!!.
No WAR anytime, anywhere whatever reason.
keep peace men!!!!.
:P :P
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

war is not good...
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

no. i will never support war. eve though if it's a religious war(jihad). i hate to see bloodbathe and people suffering from the effects of war. i pity those families affected by the war. some lost their loveones and their properties. they may find it hard to recover from such damage.
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Do you support the War in IRAQ?

Post by Annaa »

I don`t support,and I do support.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I think that explosions are very pretty!!!
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

what are u talking about did you see the Destruction that they left in name of freedom ????????????????????????
i believe that this war is only for oil not to free people as they claim war only bring suffering why we should suffer only for Political and economic interests for people do not care about us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!how about people normal people their loss who will Compensates them ??????????????????????????? how long it will take to rebuilt their homes and places when Refugees will back do not make Iraq new Palestine this war should not happen at all it must be ended

i hope only to think before start new war
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
murugan

Post by murugan »

what are u talking about did you see the Destruction that they left in name of freedom ????????????????????????
i believe that this war is only for oil not to free people as they claim war only bring suffering why we should suffer only for Political and economic interests for people do not care about us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!how about people normal people their loss who will Compensates them ??????????????????????????? how long it will take to rebuilt their homes and places when Refugees will back do not make Iraq new Palestine this war should not happen at all it must be ended

i hope only to think before start new war

No words to describe about our sister sweets

See everybody

A young mother has been formed for the Palestine people by baskar, I hope

How she thinking about the fact?

I am glad she is going in the right path

Keep going

God bless you

murugan
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

thanx for supporting murugan :-D

cheeeeeeeeeeeers
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
EricPine

Post by EricPine »

War is not only pathetic but lame and with hidden reasons/stuff.... it's kinda like two Cavemans measuring the size of their maces and the most savage caveman wins... and steals the other one's mace... so sad and regretable people supporting ANY war

Specially bully-wars where someone who's obviously going to win inavdes the other one for the fun of it, look, I have the biggest mace, who wants to try it?
southrnpride

Post by southrnpride »

I don't even understand why people are still arguing about this. What's done is done. The past cannot be changed. And you can argue about whether it was right or wrong until you're blue in the face, but the fact is that the U.S. is in Iraq. It's now U.S. duty to stay there until things have righted themselves because it is the honorable thing to do.
Of course now Obama's going to pull out all the troops and extremists will take the country again.

I don't want war. As a Christian I'm against it. But those people were suffering. It annoys me to no end that our world is content to sit around and let innocent people be massacred in the name of "sovereignty". Look at Iran right now. No one is going to help those people get the rights they deserve because everyone's so caught up in the politics. The U.S. stepped up and did what it had to do. The only reason it acts as a supposed "world police" is because no one else has the balls to do anything.

Furthermore, this wasn't just a random invasion. For those of you who are over 25 or so you may remember the Persian Gulf Wars. We warned Saddam then, and continued to warn him for almost two decades after that. Slaps on the hand in the form of sanctions weren't working. Even if there weren't weapons, which I believe they are now sitting in lovely little bunkers and caves in Iran, the fact remains that he murdered thousands of innocent people. Remind you of someone?

But like I said, what's done is done.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Wow! This topic is very old!

In my opinion, I do not like any kind of wars! I am against this kind of soucers of defending a country's ideology.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Oriani wrote:Wow! This topic is very old!

In my opinion, I do not like any kind of wars! I am against these kind of sources for defending a country's ideology.
Player

Post by Player »

southrnpride wrote:I don't even understand why people are still arguing about this.
Actually nobody was arguing about this until you opened the subject up again after 1 year (25 Jul 2008).
southrnpride wrote:What's done is done.
How very convenient. But not much consolation for the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis murdered by the occupation forces, or for their surviving relatives. Nor for the millions of displaced. Nor for those who suffered torture at the hands of the USA military. As a Christian you will know that God does not say "what's done is done" unless you repent and are genuinely sorry. Although Obama rightly opposed USA aggression towards Iraq, the USA and its lapdogs have not learned from their sins, let alone repented. This hardly matters because the USA, partly as a result of the The Three Trillion Dollar War (book by Nobel prize-winner in economics Professor Joseph E Stiglitz), is now being brought to its knees economically and shown up for the corrupt, self-serving entity that it is. Within 15 years the USA will go the way of the Roman Empire on which it vainly modelled itself.
SNAZZY

Post by SNAZZY »

No sane person will ever support any war. So far, in the world history, no war has ever achieved any positive results except the death of human lives and destroying the infrastructure which are meant for the same human lives. How on earth Iraq war will be different from any of these wars particularly where Americans are involved. Did Vietnam war a success? Only millions died. Americans chased out Iraqies from Kuwait was a story like 'locking the stable after horses are out'. Iraqies had done enough damages to the oil wells when Americans entered Kuwait. And Kuwait has never recovered from then. Every Iraqi should know that Americans declared war against Saddam Hussein with the pretext that he has nuclear weapons which was never proved.Then why war? Did Americans give peace to Iraqi citizens from this war? Day in and day out more graves are dug to bury them.Till today.How can you trust these Americans when their job is to create war whenever and whereever is possible so that they can sell weapons to keep their economy strong. Iraq's need- of-the-hour is a true leader who can rebuild the country for his people rather than being a puppet to these Americans.
From SNAZZY, INDIA