To turn email notifications ON or OFF go to [Username] > User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options

What's your religion?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Post Reply

What's your religion?

Catholicism
5
12%
Protestantism
1
2%
Islam
13
32%
Hinduism
1
2%
Buddhism
2
5%
Others (specify)
7
17%
No one, I'm an atheist
12
29%
 
Total votes: 41

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

What's your religion?

Post by Dixie » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:40 pm

I see most members are religious. What's your religion then? I see we've got lots of Muslims and Catholics, if I am not mistaken. What's yours? ;)

User avatar
Shahid
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:03 am

Post by Shahid » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:51 am

My religion is Islam and im Muslim .
Shahid Javed
shahidkayani@msn.com

Legends Never Die So I Am Alive

User avatar
Asep
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:49 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by Asep » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:00 am

I wonder what your point in asking us this question is, Dixie? :) Well, you've got what it takes to amuse yourself, though. Hehehehe.... :wink: :****

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:27 am

:shock: eh? Image

I asked because I see people is really religious here. Just asking...

User avatar
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:43 am

Post by mr_Love » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:50 pm

iam muslim

whats about you dixie????

it really dosent matter here ........ we are a family nothing can spiret it. nothing is defferent here

your riligon, country, color, gendr, age, ......

we are like the teeth of the camp

User avatar
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:30 pm

Post by chemist » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:56 pm

I'm muslim :)

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:59 pm

mr_Love wrote:whats about you dixie????
Catholicism is the religion of my country. I was educated in a Catholic family and so on. But as I grew older and learned a little about life and religion I decided I didn't want to have a religion. So now I am an atheist.

User avatar
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:43 am

Post by mr_Love » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:02 pm

huh

with out a riligon

how does it could be ???!!!!1

you nothing for nothing

in this way you just live this short life

do you belive in the last life?

the long life after this short life

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:12 pm

Look, mr_love,

Religion does not mean "life" in all its senses. Religion is just a personal option. You believe or you don't believe. It's just up to you. And I can assure you I live very happily.

Super Girl
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:15 am

Post by Super Girl » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:00 am

I'm Muslim
Image

greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:00 am

Post by greatJim » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:43 pm


---- -----------------------------



_______________________________

|
|
|
|
|
_______________________________

User avatar
fatyma1417
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:22 pm

Post by fatyma1417 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:26 pm

[b]Religion[/b], sacred engagement with that which is believed to be a spiritual reality. Religion is a worldwide phenomenon that has played a part in all human culture and so is a much broader, more complex category than the set of beliefs or practices found in any single religious tradition. An adequate understanding of religion must take into account its distinctive qualities and patterns as a form of human experience, as well as the similarities and differences in religions across human cultures.

Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner

about religion

Post by Elba » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:57 am

Catholicism is the religion of my country. I was educated in a Catholic family and so on. But as I grew older and learned a little about life and religion I decided I didn't want to have a religion. So now I am an atheist.
As dixie, but my decision was to study all what I can about religions, I even can´t find an answer, but is very interesting the topic.

The problem in our world is´nt the religion but also what men do with the religion I mean men use the religion as a gun.

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:14 am

That's the point :!: ;)

Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner

what is your religion

Post by Elba » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:18 pm

well my dear Dixie,

We have similar opinion about the religion, but there is a little detail: To be atheist is another thing, that mean that you don´t belive in any superior being, you only belive in the forces of nature. I don´t pretend to question your "not beliving" I only want to congratulate you because of your force of understanding. After many years of study I can´t understand that maybe there isn´t anything special in the creation of the universe, of the world, of the man.

Have you ever read something about Karl Sahagan. He was an atheist, he belive in the Big Bam Theory, in fact is his thehory, but in his last book "Thousand of millions" he finaly think that maybe could be "something" and he thought that would be fine for hhim to have a beliving.

Maybe you should read karl sahagan

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:23 pm

I don't know that author but I will definitely look for that book ;) Thank you, dear Elba! ;)

munomoni
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:23 am

Post by munomoni » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:34 am

" Truly We ( Allah Almighty ) created everything on measure, and our command is but one (act) like the glance of an eyes " (Qur'an 54 : 49-50 ) :roll:
" It makes no difference if it's sweet or hot, just give it rhythm and everything you've got ! "

User avatar
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Post by kimo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:15 am

Hi Super Girl...

How r u?...u look toooo sweet... ;)
B 4 ME

User avatar
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Post by kimo » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:50 am

Hi Dixie ..
I don’t think that u have to read some persons book. But really u have to get more information about religions then u the only one how choose the true one which u feel it but the main point is u have to be more careful to read the truth about them,
And I think(on my own view after respecting ur own view) it’s very dangerous when u ignore the God who created u and gives u a lot of things the other people don’t have it….i hope u got my point :oops:
B 4 ME

User avatar
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:50 pm

Post by Miss. Ladybird » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:42 am

Although our parents raise us with their thoughts to believe in, I think that we are the one who really choose to be a believer or not. As for me, I've been raised as a Muslim.
My father told me once" don't believe in something because you saw others do so. Just believe what your soul believes" So, I studied religions for 5 years and then I decided to be a Muslim, a true Muslim.
My advice to you is to look around you and to think in what you see :idea: .
I just want you to remember this: what you think it's right someone may think it's wrong, and what someone thinks it's right you may think it's wrong. It's a dilemma but it isn't a disaster. ;)

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:02 pm

kimo wrote:Hi Dixie ..
it’s very dangerous when u ignore the God who created u and gives u a lot of things the other people don’t have it….i hope u got my point :oops:
Ok I'll ask my parents for forgiveness ;)

User avatar
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Post by kimo » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:23 am

Ok I'll ask my parents for forgiveness ;)[/quote]

ok , i will pray for u .... ;)
B 4 ME

User avatar
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:04 am

I am an atheist and I am happy about this because I feel free when there is no link between me and God or any other Saint. I always respect your religion, though. ;)

_Arale_

User avatar
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Post by kimo » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:10 pm

Arale wrote:I am an atheist and I am happy about this because I feel free when there is no link between me and God or any other Saint. I always respect your religion, though. ;)

_Arale_

Also me tooo I respect ur opinion …….but kindly can I ask u why u become an atheist… :!: do u think when u believe in ur God u will not be free.... :!:
B 4 ME

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:44 am

why am I an atheist? what a question!

why am I an atheist=why are you not an atheist :mrgreen:

and why are u a muslim?

User avatar
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:44 am

kimo wrote:
Also me tooo I respect ur opinion …….but kindly can I ask u why u become an atheist… do u think when u believe in ur God u will not be free....
Redrose wrote:
why am I an atheist? what a question!

why am I an atheist=why are you not an atheist :mrgreen:

and why are u a muslim?
Kimo, I am an atheist because I have no religion. It is my choice. You are a believer and it is your choice. I feel free when I don't believe in God. I feel free in my world and you feel free in your world. ;)
Redrose, a wonderful answer! :mrgreen:

_Arale_

User avatar
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Post by kimo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:20 am

Sorry … :!: maybe u didn’t get my point …
Any way Good luck ;)
B 4 ME

truthseeker
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:29 am

Post by truthseeker » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:34 pm

Hi Dixie;
How are you :P . I wanna ask u if some one show u a car and says that it comes by itself by a coincidence and no one makes it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do u believe him or u'll say he's crazy . "Why? " because u know and do believe that there's a skilful maker behind such a machine.So don't u think that human body with all it's perfect form,organs and mind come in vain and without a maker . How is that?????????????????????? Even the pencil has a use and if not there'll be no pencils .
Look around u and u'll see beauty everywhere "in the sky and it's stars ,in the sea, in the mountain, in the butterfly , in the trees , in the flowers ,in yourself, etc. Everything in the world is created for YOU and YOU've been created for a reason.Without knowing this reason u'll not find real peace.We've been created to make this earth a better place to live and spread justice and peace among humanbeings. It's the soul peace which makes u feel good in the darkest times because u believe that there is an eye that's watching u and willn't leave u and whenever u lift your hands up to pray and ask God(Allah) for help u'll be the happiest person in the world. :D It's just then u'll happy in this life and paradise will be there in the other life waiting for u to make all your wishes true and much more.
I wish that as u read these word so sit a lone in your room , think a lot about them :roll: and please please please raise your open hands and ask God to show u the right way and ask this from the bottom of your heart.PLEASE just try because you'll not lose anything.
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. ;)

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:07 am

truthseeker wrote:Hi Dixie;
How are you :P . I wanna ask u if some one show u a car and says that it comes by itself by a coincidence and no one makes it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do u believe him or u'll say he's crazy . "Why? " because u know and do believe that there's a skilful maker behind such a machine.So don't u think that human body with all it's perfect form,organs and mind come in vain and without a maker . How is that??????????????????????
Yes, my parents were really skillfull makers too :lol:

Hi Truthseeker,

I never said I didn't respect your beliefs, which means you should respect the others'. I never tried to change anybody's faith, so why do you guys keep pushing? You won't win anything ;) It's ok if you believe something, and it's ok if somebody else doesn't. Respect that, please. Respect is essencial.

User avatar
RedRose

Post by RedRose » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:13 am

yeah, anyway, I am just an atheist, and I can't help it :mrgreen: why should I believe so-called god who never takes care of me and never shows off? I do everything myself. I must obtain everything by myself.

truthseeker
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:29 am

Post by truthseeker » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:38 am

I'm sorry if u misunderstood me because I've never meant to push hard and I respect your opinion too.Also this is not a competition to win .We are just exchanging ideas and as u made your point clear I also wanted to share what I had with u and made myslef clear.
You're free to believe in something or not but don't u feel curious to find out why this person is proud to be muslim and other christian .
READ A LITTLE BIT ABOUT SUCH RELIGIONS AND U SHOULDN'T BE NESSARY ONE OF THEM.

Dawn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:40 am

Post by Dawn » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:50 am

Well, I'm a Catholic...but sometimes I'm thinking if there's really such a thing as "life after death" like what others say.

User avatar
Awisewizard
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Awisewizard » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:36 am

Remanu means power. I have my own God, my own religion. My religion is my belief..
Last edited by Awisewizard on Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A wise wizard

poro
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:49 am

Post by poro » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:05 am

I love God. Athough I'm not a Catholic or a Muslim or Buddish... I still belive in all these kind of religion. God give me strength and belief. I think God and religion appeared because of these reasons, right? Because sometime,we are not strong enough, our believes are not strong enough and so we pray for god, right? So I belive all.

truthseeker
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:29 am

Post by truthseeker » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi guys:
I wanna ask u why do u think islam gets 44% of this voting? :idea:

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:17 am

Maybe the site is more popular among Muslim communities.

User avatar
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:43 am

Post by mr_Love » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:45 pm

it is more pupular in asia .dixie

u can see more members are from china, vitnam,.....

User avatar
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am

Post by Lalee » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:14 pm

I believe in God. I know that all of us are here for a purpose. Even though, sometimes our lives seem meaningless. I know that the world has been created for us, the problem is that most of the time, we don't know what our job is.
Although, the world seems a mess, to God, the world is beautiful because He has created it, and us, too.
It amazing how we are able to get up every morning, and there's air to breathe. We can move, and think. Sometimes it's important to reflect on this. Everything happens for something. Nothing is just coincidence. Just bear that in mind! :P

masa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:58 am

Post by masa » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:28 am

Actually, almost all Japanese peopel have no religion. Of course Japan has many many shrines and temples, but they celebrate Christmas, do Wsetern Type Wedding Ceremony, girls give boys Chocolate in Valentine`s Day, and so on. Of course, they cerebrate New Year to go to shrine to pray a year wish.
Perhaps, Japanese people doesn`t believe in God, right?

User avatar
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am

Post by Lalee » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:52 am

masa wrote:Perhaps, Japanese people doesn`t believe in God, right?
Masa, do you believe in God?

User avatar
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:37 am

somewhat agnostic (!?!?)

Post by essie » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:42 am

"I don`t subscribe to a formal religion. Concerning the ultimate nature of being, my view is simply that I don`t know. I want to understand existence to the limit that our human perceptions allow, therefor I am fond of science. But I don`t think it likely that finite beings can fully understand an infinite and eternal universe. Thus my perspective in regard to being - my religious perspective, if you will - does not involve concern about what the universe, God, nature, reality, etc. can do for me. Rather, it involves an awe and a gratefulness that existence simply is."

masa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:58 am

Post by masa » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:14 am

Oh, oh... . I am so sorry to reply this answer late.
I do not believe in God. I have to say "sorry" for Christain, Muslim, Hindu, and so on. :( But I think God is the symbol. :roll:

User avatar
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 am
Status: Other

Post by Unknownsu » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:11 am

I am aetheistic because Dixie is.

Yeah right, as if! Nah, I cannot bring myself to believe there is a supreme being (other than essie) watching over us in the sky when no proof of existence has been recorded. No offence to members here but I feel the bible is not proof enough. Everyone has a right to their own religion and to forcefully try to make someone convert only brings annoyance. The only thing I believe in is myself. :idea:

User avatar
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by frengo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:31 pm

To Essie: well said! We can be religious even without a religion...

UKS, I totally agree with you as well!

Since there are so many things we don't know or understand, millions of humans NEED to have some form of explanation: religions are all coming from this desperate need. Furthermore, a religion can help to accept the absolute lack of justice in our world.

shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by shokin » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:43 pm

I am atheist (or I believe more in nature).

Religion is the people's opium, isn't it ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

User avatar
johntwain
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:23 pm

religion is up to people

Post by johntwain » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:00 pm

Although i am a muslim ,i am not interested in anybody's religion. I live in Turkey and most people should learn more about secularism.
i_love_OASIS

User avatar
serpico
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:20 am

Post by serpico » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:28 am

I'm orthodox , but not greek or russian orthodox . I'm from Romania .

User avatar
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:01 am

Post by idalia » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:03 pm

I'm catholic, and I think that everybody should respect other people beliefes and why not? try to learn more from other religions.

Unfortunately, religion has been the cause for such terrible wars too :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: What's your religion?

Post by Annaa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:54 pm

I`m muslim 8-) :-D
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..

User avatar
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other

Re: What's your religion?

Post by sweethuman » Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 am

By the grace of Allah, I am Muslim

Post Reply