Look More upon the Bright Side

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Look More upon the Bright Side

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Don't you sometimes feel "stuck" to a problem or a no-win situation and you find yourself very depressed and unable to do any thing? It even gets worse when you find nobody to talk to.
Well, I had gone through this a lot. One of the things that helped me is reading these lines every time I feel depressed. They're a part of a novel called" Robinson Crusoe" written by Daniel Defoe. It's a story of a sailor who was desolated in an island alone and with nothing to help him survive. Believe me! It will help you to see the bright side of any problem.
"I had now brought my State of Life to be much easier in it self than it was at first, and much easier to my Mind, as well as to my Body. I frequently sat down to my Meat with Thankfulness, and admir'd the Hand of God's providence, which had thus spread my Table in the Wilderness. I learn'd to look more upon the bright Side of my Condition, and less upon the dark Side; and to consider what I enjoy'd, rather than what I wanted; and this gave me sometimes such secret Comforts, that I cannot express them; and which I take Notice of here, to put those discontented People in Mind of it, who cannot enjoy comfortably what God has given them; because they see, and covet something that he has not given them; All our Discontents about what we want, appear'd to me, to spring from the Want of Thankfulness for what we have." "Robinson Crusoe" by Daniel Defoe
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Look More upon the Bright Side

Post by Dixie »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:Don't you sometimes feel "stuck" to a problem or a no-win situation and you find yourself very depressed and unable to do any thing? It even gets worse when you find nobody to talk to.
I've been through this a million times. And I feel bad to say so, because I can't help but thinking there are millions of people in the world who would love to live like I do, that mine are not real problems, etc...