Why makeups??

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, EC, Dixie

Phoebe

Why makeups??

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 04, 2005 9:37 am

I am now a junior student in college, and i am confront with stepping into the society. i like the casual way of life, especially, i like wearing sports and leisure clothes. But my friends and my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls. i hate makeups. should we do that if we want to be a successful lady both in family and work??

Chet Baker
Gold Member

Re: Why makeups??

Postby Chet Baker » Thu May 05, 2005 1:51 am

Phoebe wrote:I am now a junior student in college, and i am confront with stepping into the society. i like the casual way of life, especially, i like wearing sports and leisure clothes. But my friends and my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls. i hate makeups. should we do that if we want to be a successful lady both in family and work??

Hi Phoebe, althought, i am a man, i don't need to make up when i go to work. I understand the feeling of dislike and it will make you unconfortable. I need to put on my businese suit even the temperature is high or rainny. The reason is that you need to show your respect to your clients. making up has the same meaning.

fatyma1417
Silver Member

Postby fatyma1417 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:11 pm

Phoebe,

AM a 21 yrs old girl that looks like a 15, and i know that because everyone tells me i dond wear make-up either because i believe it acts just as a mask i dont wear girlish clothes like you i preffer a good pair of sneakers pants and a tshirt with scooby doo in it

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Fri May 06, 2005 8:43 am

Wearing make-up or not is a personal choice, not an obligation. Personally, I put on make-up everyday, but that's because I got used to it many years ago. I can't go out without it :!: But it's very light, I do not look like a clown! :lol: :mrgreen:

takeshi
Silver Member

Postby takeshi » Mon May 09, 2005 7:44 am

makeups makes girls more attractive and charming.why not?? :?:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon May 09, 2005 8:10 am

takeshi wrote:makeups makes girls more attractive and charming.why not?? :?:

Well, I know a lot of guys who think we shouldn't wear make-up, because beauty is a natural feature. My boyfriend always says that make-up just hides reality :D

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Tue May 10, 2005 12:28 am

People let themselves believe that possession and appearance are so important.

Inform people about environment, about nature ! make them conscious and sensitive.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

Lalee
Platinum Member

Postby Lalee » Mon May 16, 2005 5:56 am

Phoebe, I think you'd look nicer wearing make-up. Of course you have to look as natural as possible. If you wear too much, you'll like a clown! :lol:
Anyhow, I think it's up to you whether to wear it or not. As Dix said, it's not an obligation.
Most women wear make-up and they really look good.
As for me, I don't like to wear make-up. My mom always tells me to wear it and I only listen to her whenever I have to go out.
Once I remember one of aunts who always used to wear make-up wherever she went. One day, I happened to see her without it and I was shocked. She looked so different. Well the thing is that she wears way too much, she looks like a clown most of the time. :mrgreen:

babyangel
Silver Member

Postby babyangel » Tue May 17, 2005 6:16 am

Simply, make-up makes women more beautiful. ;) I don't like to see make-up man. :evil:

Butler
Platinum Member

Postby Butler » Tue May 17, 2005 6:27 am

Dixie wrote:Wearing make-up or not is a personal choice, not an obligation. Personally, I put on make-up everyday, but that's because I got used to it many years ago. I can't go out without it :!: But it's very light, I do not look like a clown! :lol: :mrgreen:

You sure don't !!! :)

Lapkina

Postby Lapkina » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:53 am

I'm fond of make up. I always buy a lot of lipglosses and mascaras, but I use a little. I prefer natural look, but being natural blond I can't go out without mascara. I use a lip gloss, because I've got pretty lips and it helps others to see it;)

Anja

Postby Anja » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:37 pm

As for me, I rarely wear a make-up (only in that cases when I really have to: on hollydays, dates etc.) I support a defense of natural beauty.

Ari

Postby Ari » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:11 pm

i also hate make up especially eyeshadow

but mam want me to wear it

to make ugly women uglier and beautiful women ugly
[/quote]
Actions speak louder than words

Ms.A.Z
Gold Member

Re: Why makeups??

Postby Ms.A.Z » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:42 am

Phoebe wrote:my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls.

HI,

Its not important or necessary for girls to put makeup infact natural beauty is better if you ask me. Its just a matter of choice and prefrence some like to put makeup and some don't but dose not mean you SHOULD.I some times go out without makesup and some times I never leave home without it ,depending on my mood and the place I'm going to :roll: . About dressing well, well its good to dress well and look good not just because your a girl trying to attract boys or so but for your self. :wink:

mr_Love
Platinum Member

Postby mr_Love » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:45 am

i prefere agirl with out meckup !!!!! :lol: 8)

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:04 pm

i think make ups are for people who need make-overs.. ;p

trinity19
Silver Member

Postby trinity19 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:47 pm

i think you should do what you feel comfortable with and not what other people tell you. personally, i put make up when i want, when i feel comfortable with it but never as a rule or because of what people will think...

Pinay

Postby Pinay » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:46 am

Make-up allows you to play up your features. You can play up your features to look vampy, or you can apply a hint of pink to bring out the sweetness in your personality...
The eternal student. There is much to learn, discover and talk about.

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:03 pm

yeah whatever... but still i guess being natural is so much better than having a wallpaper on your face and all pimples and spots covered thoroughly...
Last edited by illusion on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kk

Postby kk » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:14 am

I think that you had better makeups.
Makeups will makes you beautiful.

Return to “General Discussion”