Do you want to live in a large modern city???

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Only a madman would choose to live in a large modern city.

Agree
31%
Don't agree
69%

Total votes: 16

flowerece

Do you want to live in a large modern city???

Post by flowerece »

Do you want to live in a large modern city? Is it good for people?
Last edited by flowerece on Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

From my point, I would like to live in a silent small city, but my daughter loves Modern city, so I had to move to my recent city.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Do you want to live in a large modern city???

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

flowerece wrote:Only a madman would choose to live in a large modern city.
or a madwoman :lol: :lol: .............

I am crazy about cities..... Believe it or not, I love the rushhours, the"parking lot hunting"for your car or bike.................When I am in a good mood ONLY...e.g. like today :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like to visit the countryside ,but not to live there. I really hate the household work........
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

But Miss. Ladybird, big cities have bad air, which is harmful for good health :cry: that is the most important reason why I don't like big city.

Plus, big cities are always noisy, so many reasons...
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Some people, like me, doesn´t have the oportunity to choose where to live.
Larger cities has advantages and disadvantages and I have the opportunity to know the two parts trough people I know.
I mean: In a large city you can get whatever you wish, not only places to get funny, but also hospitals with hig quality and services.
People from small cities sometimes must to trip to larger cities to get good medical atention.
At larger cities good universities, with all the carrers, in small cities not all what you want to study, similar situation if you need books in another languages.
Larger cities are too poluted, small cities not.
larger cities too noisy, small not
larger cities too stressed, samll not. etc etc etc

As you see there are advantages and disadvantages. People who live all the time in small cities doesn´t like largers, and viceverse, but think a little that in small or larger cities humans need respect each other.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I almost forget....

Elba wrote
I mean: In a large city you can get whatever you wish, not only places to get funny, but also hospitals with hig quality and services
the other advantage of large city: you can have more opportunities to date good guys!! small cities have fewer guys, the range of choosing guys is very tiny :lol:

therefore, despite bad air, people still like large cities.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I don't agree with the "only".
RedRose wrote:From my point, I would like to live in a silent small city, but my daughter loves Modern city, so I had to move to my recent city.
Do you think that it is really good for them ? [They want, so I let them do it. Is it really a good managing ?]
Miss.Ladybird wrote:I really hate the household work
But everything you use, you have to manage it. When you eat, then you have to wash dishes. If you don't make in order what you use, you are on the line to the border.

I don't really see the real advantages to live in a great city. I like visiting them for some days, but I would not live there.

You can live simply and happy in a town or a village. In a great city you will discover many new needs that you had not before.

Only consuming is in great cities. Not good for nature.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
flowerece

Post by flowerece »

I think; large cities are too big to control.
They impose their own living conditions on the people who inhabit them.
City-dwellers are obliged by their environment to adopt a wholly unnatural way of life.
They lose touch with land and rhythm of nature.
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

I'd like to live in the countryside or smaller city maybe a town when I decide to have a family. Right now I live on the outskirts of a big city and it's ok although I still hate going into the city. Big cities DO have a lot more to offer to the adventurous ... the night doesn't stop at 10pm like in smaller towns :wink:
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Now as a teenager I want to live in a large modern city,but I also like to have a small house in a small city or somewhere in mountains.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

I would prefer to live in a large modern city where there can be lots of people and lots of opportunities for career making and good entertaining places to visit with friends