100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

GOAL SETTING!

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:21 am

Do you find it hard to reach your goals? I seem to start off with really good ideas at the beginning of the year and by mid-year realise that I haven't accomplished most of them.

How do you stay on track? Is it will-power (determination)?

:?: :idea: :!:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:40 am

See first about what YOU HAVE TO DO !

for you AND for your family, your friends

and for your country, for the society, for the nature !

Then you cannot be bored, always something to do.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:33 pm

shokin wrote:See first about what YOU HAVE TO DO !

for you AND for your family, your friends

and for your country, for the society, for the nature !

Then you cannot be bored, always something to do.

Shokin

I seem to find something new everyday that I set goals for (even if it is just extending how far I walk). There are so many other things that I find that I would like to set goals for including extra education, finding ways of getting more involved in community projects etc. I think you need to find something new everyday. If you do you will never get bored.

I totally agree with you SHOKIN. 8)

Tanca

Postby Tanca » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:58 pm

It's not so difficult to set goals as to follow them and don't forget about next month or day. Please, before setting goals think is it really so important for you, because the road you go won't be easy...

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:01 pm

Well it depends how to define goal... If u starting something, then of course u have goal, to finish it.. else what the point even start, but no time limit.

I think I don't have goals.. don't know, it's stupid to make plans.

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:44 am

Hardi wrote:Well it depends how to define goal... If u starting something, then of course u have goal, to finish it.. else what the point even start, but no time limit.

I think I don't have goals.. don't know, it's stupid to make plans.

Why do you think it is stupid to make plans Hardi? :? We all make plans even if it is planning to clean your house, or plan your day. Sometimes even the smallest things can be goal setting. For example: planning to clean the toilet; and actually doing it. :wink:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:15 am

But usually u don't plan to clean your toilet too long. you clean it when it's dirty.. or better you buying new one. :lol:
Last edited by Hardi on Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:48 pm

It's so easy to think of one's next goals... and so hard to accomplish them...

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:01 am

I use my calendar dayplaner book every day. I set what I need to do for that day, and my goal is to finish all the tasks. At the end of the week, I will review all the un-checked tasks I haven't finished yet and those will be my weekend's work. If I have finished them all, I'll treat myself with a rest or I'll go shopping in the weekend.
It sounds like a robotic thing to do, but it works really well for me. I feel alive doing this 8) .

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:26 am

LennyeTran wrote:I use my calendar dayplaner book every day. I set what I need to do for that day, and my goal is to finish all the tasks. At the end of the week, I will review all the un-checked tasks I haven't finished yet and those will be my weekend's work. If I have finished them all, I'll treat myself with a rest or I'll go shopping in the weekend.
It sounds like a robotic thing to do, but it works really well for me. I feel alive doing this 8) .

I think what you are doing Lenny is great. You must feel so good at the end of the week when you have accomplished everything that you have set for yourself. I think that is what it is about; making you feel like sense of worth; and a job well done. Good for you. I wish alot more young people in my Country were as focused. Things would be much easier (for everyone).

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :) :) :) :)

xiaomanman

Postby xiaomanman » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:24 pm

I have many short-term plans, but I have no long-term plan. because it is hard to accomplish a long-tern goal.

short-term goals, such as losing 10 pounds in one month, not going shopping for more than 5 times in 10 days, teasing people for less than 15 times in one month :wink: ....are accomplishable :lol:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:17 pm

xiaomanman wrote:I
short-term goals, such as losing 10 pounds in one month, not going shopping for more than 5 times in 10 days, teasing people for less than 15 times in one month :wink: ....are accomplishable :lol:

Going shopping 5 times in 10 days?? You must be rich! :D

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:09 pm

Dixie wrote:
xiaomanman wrote:I

Going shopping 5 times in 10 days?? You must be rich! :D

Really Dixie? I go to the shops everyday I have to. I buy my fruit and vegetables every day.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:28 am

shazzam1452 wrote:Really Dixie? I go to the shops everyday I have to. I buy my fruit and vegetables every day.

Oh, I meant going shopping in the sense of going to buy new clothes and stuff! :D I thought that was what she meant...

xiaomanman

Postby xiaomanman » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:58 pm

No, dixie, going shopping isn't always for something huge or luxurious. mostly, we buy stuff everyday. what stuff? as shazzam1452 said, Toothpaste, soap, towel,....maybe condoms.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:50 am

shazzam1452 wrote: I think what you are doing Lenny is great. You must feel so good at the end of the week when you have accomplished everything that you have set for yourself.

Yeah, it feels really great. At first, I made all the big plans and goals like New Year's resolutions, things-must-be-done-this-year list, etc. And not many of them turned out good, you know. It was so frustrating and unmotivating. Then I realized that I didn't have to make goals for the whole year; I just needed to make goals I wanted to accomplish today or tomorrow. And days after days of doing little things of your goals, you would finally achieve all your goals. Thus, I started to do dayreminder plans, and it's turned out great ever since. Now I'm on the right track, so sometimes it bugs me when I break my schedule :P .

authorityquery
Silver Member

Postby authorityquery » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:40 am

You know Lennye Tran, you have same ideas with me.
But I still set a longtime goal. For example, what I try to do in the future. To succeed, ditermination is important, you have to be under your schedule. What you do today, what you get tomorrow.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:01 pm

authorityquery wrote:You know Lennye Tran, you have same ideas with me.
But I still set a longtime goal. For example, what I try to do in the future. To succeed, ditermination is important, you have to be under your schedule. What you do today, what you get tomorrow.
Thanks.

:wink: Hehehehehe, doesn't it feel great to finish all your tasks on schedule? And yes, I do set long-term goals, but I also make small goals and tasks in a day to reach to my long-term goals. I break things into small pieces. Remember when we were kids, we were taught that story of the old man with his sons and a bundle of chopsticks he wanted them to break??? Yeah, that's the story I always carry with me.

putrialya

Postby putrialya » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:43 am

LennyeTran wrote:I use my calendar dayplaner book every day. I set what I need to do for that day, and my goal is to finish all the tasks. At the end of the week, I will review all the un-checked tasks I haven't finished yet and those will be my weekend's work. If I have finished them all, I'll treat myself with a rest or I'll go shopping in the weekend.

actually i'm doing the same thing like LennyeTran do but sometimes only, maybe i do it for 2 weeks then i stop it...when i notice this thing (dayplanner) very important for me.. then i do it again...i started practise it since last year...but always stop for a while then continue....i hope i'll maintain practise it at least 1 year never stop...wish me good luck....& you guys also need to try it..this is very usefull...

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:59 am

putrialya wrote:

actually i'm doing the same thing like LennyeTran do but sometimes only, maybe i do it for 2 weeks then i stop it...when i notice this thing (dayplanner) very important for me.. then i do it again...i started practise it since last year...but always stop for a while then continue....i hope i'll maintain practise it at least 1 year never stop...wish me good luck....& you guys also need to try it..this is very usefull...

I agree that keeping a journal or diary is a great idea. We all have great intentions; but sometimes you forget. If you have written down what you need to do you have more chance of actually doing it. 8)

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:17 am

same here..for short-term goals..i aLways carrY one.. :) it's reaLLy helPful, like if there are minor stuff that i am are probabLe of forgetting..i jot it down..that way, i couLd just scan the dayplanr for things i haven't done yet, or things that i forgot to do..

for long-term goaLs.. i don't make a list like that on new year's.. i just set the goaL in my mind.. and i think it's working for me.. :wink: you just have to stick with it.. and be determined to accomplish that goaL :)

Return to “General Discussion”