Don't understand what it means?
No votes

Total votes: 13

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Post by Shazzam »

I have read many books on peoples opinions on reincarnation. I suppose it can take on many meanings to many people.

The real idea given to reincarnation is that you have the opportunity to live more than once on earth. So i'm not talking about eternal life in heaven. I'm saying do you believe that you can live more than once?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Never did :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Yes. Reincarnation hasn't been proved like it's supposed to be, but it doesn't mean it does not possibly happen.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:Yes. Reincarnation hasn't been proved like it's supposed to be, but it doesn't mean it does not possibly happen.
I know that some people including famous ones (Shirley Maclaine - actress) believe that they can remember the previous lives that they have lived. They even remember details about their names; families, where they lived etc.

It is actually quite facinating. If nothing else they are good fairytales. I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but I'm not put off by people that do. 8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: I know that some people including famous ones (Shirley Maclaine - actress) believe that they can remember the previous lives that they have lived. They even remember details about their names; families, where they lived etc.
I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated. And I remember when the Titanic first came out, it was a big hit in the media and stuff. There were so many books and magazines talking about it. A lot of them even found out people who said that they were on the boat in their previous lives. They were hypnotized to tell the details on that boat or things that nobody knew. It was weird to consider yourself to believe it or not :lol: .
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

in my religion there isnt anything like that so i don't believe it...
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:in my religion there isnt anything like that so i don't believe it...
I agree illusion most religions don't consider reincarnation possible or ethical for that matter. But I think it pays to keep an open mind and still listen to people who do believe in it and have a story to tell. Some of the stories I have read about reincarnation and peoples experience of it (if you believe what they are saying) are really interesting. It is really similar to the stories that people tell about out of body experiences.
:)
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Do you believe in reincarnation?

Post by pob »

shazzam1452 wrote:The real idea given to reincarnation is that you have the opportunity to live more than once on earth. So i'm not talking about eternal life in heaven. I'm saying do you believe that you can live more than once?
Perhaps this is your last life :)
Perhaps reincarnation happens but you have already lived all the rest of your lives, and this is your last one... :lol:

I don't believe in anything. How can a human being believe in something? it's stupid... we are not so clever... our mind is not able to comprehend reality at that level...
We must know things and not believe in things... When you believe in something, you are doing something stupid and that could carry negative consequences.

Should I mention suicide-terrorists?

Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.

:lol:
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

:D
Last edited by pob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

pob wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated.
Are you boudhist? It's strange to read that opinion... why only Dalai Lamas and some other monks?
I said I believe; hence, I don't have to explain it to you if I don't feel like it. And right now, I do not feel like explaining anything to a disrespectful person. End of discussion.
Pinay

Post by Pinay »

Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.

The most profound truths are simple indeed, aren't they? I allowed myself some mockery, I hope you don't mind.
The eternal student. There is much to learn, discover and talk about.
Pinay

Post by Pinay »

LennyeTran wrote:
pob wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated.
Are you boudhist? It's strange to read that opinion... why only Dalai Lamas and some other monks?
I said I believe; hence, I don't have to explain it to you if I don't feel like it. And right now, I do not feel like explaining anything to a disrespectful person. End of discussion.
I want to believe in reicarnation. It is a comforting thought... that we are eternal students and our reason for being aside from existing is, to learn. I am Catholic (If I may be allowed to say so) so I don't have the luxury of believing this... but I've found the idea intriguing. One question comes to mind : Why wouldn't it be possible? Reicarnation, that is.
The eternal student. There is much to learn, discover and talk about.
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

i don't believe in such things although i've heard also that some religions do believe in it especially in eastern asia i have heard that they believe that the soul of dead people can be found in other people or sometimes animals......as i recall.... :roll:
Ika

Post by Ika »

My mind is open to all ideas, if I haven't experienced it myself, I say everything is possible. In my religion there is no reincarnation mentioned, but that is not the reason to say it is surely not possible. I love the idea of reincarnation.
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Pinay wrote:Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.
Exactly!
louvicine

Post by louvicine »

[color=red] [quote]LennyeTran wrote:

I believe all Dalai Lamas and some other monks were reincarnated.

Pob Wrote:

Lennye Tran wrote:
I said I believe; hence, I don't have to explain it to you if I don't feel like it. And right now, I do not feel like explaining anything to a disrespectful person. End of discussion[/quote][/color]

[color=red]Very good manner Lennye....¡¡¡¡¡.....!!!![/color]

[color=red]ABOUT REINCARNATION[/color]
A friend of mine practice a process of [color=red]regresion[/color], all was good. she knew that in one of her past lifes she was a poor woman that live in some town of india, and see a little pink house house. she see that her housband in that life was too bad with her and hit her a lot. for any strange reazon that man has the face of her father in her actual life.
some months after she got a strange sickness: PROTEUS, that doctor said was an old sicknes in extintion
after a year she trip to India to know SEI BABA or something that. a holly man that is considered a God in that country, she know the holly man and in the next day while she walking on the street she saw the pink house that she saw in the regression. and she feell the same sensation she has in that time.
Even when doctors said she was ok after the first time she got PROTEUS she continuou with the sicknes time by time and nobody could explain how she got that sicknes that was characteristic of people who live in places empty of people. I mean that sleep 20 in a room with not cleaning and very poor.
she said thhat the woman that pratise the regresion said that she got the sicknes in the proces of regretion.
well this is a version of reincarnation, it could be and it not could be. In every case I think life is beautifull and we should enjoy it.
Louvicine D´amour
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

LennyeTran wrote:
Pinay wrote:Not believing in something is also believing something, and is also stupid, and could also carry negative consequences.
Exactly!
I wrote that, not Pinay... Pinay made a joke about that !! :D
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

:)
Last edited by pob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

:roll:
Last edited by pob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

pob wrote: Negative consequence--> you feel offended, and you deny the posibility of debate/discussion... great!! What comes after rejecting to talk?
When I think someone is rude or something is wrong with that person, I will ignore that person completely. I don't reply to that person's post as long as that person don't get in my way. In other words, that person doesn't exist to me.
When I have my negative feelings about someone, my debate won't be justified. To avoid doing that, I won't debate with anyone whom I have negative emotions to.
pob wrote:I don't think talking "truth" is disrespectful at all. But you are free to feel as you wish and consider it disrespectful...
I hope you recover a good mood soon, read it from the other side, and tell me your point.
You can talk about the truth all you want, but you have to remember one thing, did I ask for it? Did I ask for your opinions about my family members? I was sharing my story and you attacked my loved one? How dare you....
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

8)
Last edited by pob on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

pob wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: 1- When I have my negative feelings about someone, my debate won't be justified. To avoid doing that, I won't debate with anyone whom I have negative emotions to.

2- Did I ask for your opinions about my family members? I was sharing my story and you attacked my loved one? How dare you....
1- why do you have negative emotions to me?

2- You still don't understand... I didn't attack, you saw an attack in your mind...
Can we please stay on topic! :cry:
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

shazzam1452 wrote: Can we please stay on topic! :cry:
Sorry, I'll delete my messages...
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

pob wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: Can we please stay on topic! :cry:
Sorry, I'll delete my messages...
No need to delete your messages; i don't think you can do that anyway. We just need to stay on topic otherwise it gets very boring for other people that would like to join in on this thread. :)
Silvita

Post by Silvita »

I don't believe. When a person dies, all have finished.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Silvita wrote:I don't believe. When a person dies, all have finished.
Then how do you explain the evidence of ghost that people have seen or felt?
Silvita

Post by Silvita »

Excuse me for that but I going to answer your question with another question. How do you explain the differences between of ghosts?
If the ghosts would true, all of them would be similar. All of them are different and with different manifestations. All the people when describe a horse say the same, but when describe a ghost never they are in complete agree. You can’t find two ghost’s tales identical.
LittleA

Post by LittleA »

Silvita: why should ghosts be similar?

Anyway, I tend to believe in buddhism... reincarnation can't be a stupid thing. Sometimes we have dreams, or remembrances, ok, it's not proved that they are from our previous lifes, but why not? It's hard to think, that we will die, and then there will be the big nothing. I think our soul really moves into another body.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Silvita wrote:Excuse me for that but I going to answer your question with another question. How do you explain the differences between of ghosts?
If the ghosts would true, all of them would be similar. All of them are different and with different manifestations. All the people when describe a horse say the same, but when describe a ghost never they are in complete agree. You can’t find two ghost’s tales identical.
They could describe the horse in the same way if they were given the same horse; however, would you think they describe it in the same way if they were given different horses? Same thing for people who have seen and felt ghost. They didn't see the same ghost; they saw different ones. How do you expect them to describe what they saw in the same way when they saw different things? :roll: I just don't get it......
Silvita

Post by Silvita »

All the horses are different, of course, but all of them have four legs, a big heat, run so fast, and eat gram.
When different people describe a ghost and their manifestation they told things so different. One of then fly, the other is like a light, the other is a cold presence.
If this phenomenon would be real, they would be more similar.
I think, however, that believe o no in ghost is an act of faith. I don't believe, for me the death is only the final. But I respect the people that believe in the ghosts.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I don't know if you can call a ghost a reincarnation. To me the definition of reincarnation is you come back as a person and live a life. A ghost doesn't live a life.

I some religions they believe that if you make it into heaven etc that is eternal life.

Reincarnation is a belief that you actually live more than one life on earth i.e. you can be born as a cattle herder in New Zealand in your first life; in your second life you can come back as a prime minister of a country.

The supposide credibility of reincarnation is that some people state that they can remember their previous lives on earth.

Very interesting.

Shirley Mclaine (a famous; and wonderful actress) claims to have been here before and supposedly remembers her prevoius lives. 8) :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:I don't know if you can call a ghost a reincarnation. To me the definition of reincarnation is you come back as a person and live a life. A ghost doesn't live a life.
The problem is anything could happen. If there are ghosts, then there are reincarnations. Right? :wink:
louvicine

Post by louvicine »

Lennye wrote:The problem is anything could happen. If there are ghosts, then there are reincarnations. Right?

OMG!!!!!!

Ghost and reincarnation are different things. Both are part of different belivings.
Lenny do you think that a Ghost is a reincarnated being. jajajajajajajajajaj.
Silvita you are a bright girl, please send me a PM to talk about budism. I´m very interested. I don´t think after died people get the glory and go to the heaven if they were good in the life, while "bad" people go with the evil. this don´t have sense for me.
Louvicine D´amour
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

louvicine wrote:
Lennye wrote:The problem is anything could happen. If there are ghosts, then there are reincarnations. Right?

OMG!!!!!!

Ghost and reincarnation are different things. Both are part of different belivings.
Lenny do you think that a Ghost is a reincarnated being. jajajajajajajajajaj.
Silvita you are a bright girl, please send me a PM to talk about budism. I´m very interested. I don´t think after died people get the glory and go to the heaven if they were good in the life, while "bad" people go with the evil. this don´t have sense for me.
What I meant was that both of these subjects are out of human's understanding. There are much more in life and universe that we don't know yet; therefore, there is a no definite answer for most of the things as like ghost or reincarnation. Get it now?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I see what you are trying to say Lenny they are both unknowns.

But I must admit I do see a difference between ghosts and reincarnation. Just that a ghost is a spirit of someone; reincarnation is living a new life (the only difference is that this person believes that they have lived another life before this one).

I'm not sure about either.

I think I am the kind of person that would have to experience it! Now that is a scarry thought. :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:I see what you are trying to say Lenny they are both unknowns.

But I must admit I do see a difference between ghosts and reincarnation. Just that a ghost is a spirit of someone; reincarnation is living a new life (the only difference is that this person believes that they have lived another life before this one). I'm not sure about either.

I think I am the kind of person that would have to experience it! Now that is a scarry thought. :lol: :lol:
Either if a ghost or reincartion is true, we would still come to a conclusion that there are souls. Death might not be the end of each's life. And birth might be not a pure beginning of each indiviual; it might be a repeated cycle of souls.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:

Either if a ghost or reincartion is true, we would still come to a conclusion that there are souls. Death might not be the end of each's life. And birth might be not a pure beginning of each indiviual; it might be a repeated cycle of souls.
Ok Lenny I definately understand where you are coming from and you definately put up a great argument.

What I would like to do is simplify this thread.

So what I am suggesting is that we leave ghosts out of the thread.

I will try my best to redefine the idea of reincarnation.

I haven't been able to read everything available at this website but I think it will give people a better definition of the idea of reincarnation:

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation.html

I will try to look further into this site during the week.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: Ok Lenny I definately understand where you are coming from and you definately put up a great argument.

What I would like to do is simplify this thread.

So what I am suggesting is that we leave ghosts out of the thread.

I will try my best to redefine the idea of reincarnation.

I haven't been able to read everything available at this website but I think it will give people a better definition of the idea of reincarnation:

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation.html

I will try to look further into this site during the week.
You know I don't like reading and you gave me this long ass article. Man, oh man.... :cry: I'm only one-third done with it. Give me another week or two to finish the whole thing then we'll talk :lol: .
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

I belive in PARADISE but not in reincarnation.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..