Cars that run on solar energy!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Should car companies spend money on developing SOLAR POWERED CARS?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 8

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Cars that run on solar energy!

Post by Shazzam »

There is an oil shortage crisis in the World; plus soaring fuel prices. Besides the fact that we need to reduce green house gases; which we know that fumes from motor vehicles definately contribute to.

Do you think car companies should be spending more money on developing SOLAR POWERED Cars?
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Why not ? if it can reduce greatly/totally the pollution (utopia ?).

But pollution or not, people should learn a moderated consuming of everything, even cars, and not only cars.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

Yes, we should research and develop as many "clean" energy sources as we can. Reducing global energy demand is another great (amd difficult) goal to be achieved.

PS Shokin, this time we are totally aligned, have you noticed? :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

One of my teacher told me that there was a rumor some guy has sucessfully made a drawing about solar powered cars, and some car company bought his plan, but they then destroyed the copy. I wonder if it's true or not since I've been checking it; however, this kinda thing is hard to check when they're trying to cover it :x .
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Anyway, I think Toyota has been on their way to do their research about this since their Toyota Hybrids are a version of gas/electric/solar power type. The cars use solar power in daytime and switch to gas at night-time. The models are ugly, though.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

frengo wrote:PS Shokin, this time we are totally aligned, have you noticed? :wink:
Situation is not hopeless. :mrgreen:

Nature is coming back, calling us to ask us for treating it well with respect.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:Anyway, I think Toyota has been on their way to do their research about this since their Toyota Hybrids are a version of gas/electric/solar power type. The cars use solar power in daytime and switch to gas at night-time. The models are ugly, though.
I know there have been some proto-types; but that is what I mean do you think they should spend MORE on research and development? :)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: I know there have been some proto-types; but that is what I mean do you think they should spend MORE on research and development? :)
In my highest guesses, I think they spend their money on this kinda stuff based on the market and consumer's needs. Toyota has put those cars out; however, if it's not going well I don't think they will spend much money to do research. Or they might be do, who knows. They might spend money on research to see why people like it and why they don't, what need to be fixed, improved, etc.
In my own personal opinion, I think they should; however, if the price for a solar powered car is too expensive, I'm sorry I have to say I will have to go with a regular car runs with gas. Unless I'm rich then I'll fully support solar powered cars. It's hard to support it with an empty handed, you know.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: I know there have been some proto-types; but that is what I mean do you think they should spend MORE on research and development? :)
In my highest guesses, I think they spend their money on this kinda stuff based on the market and consumer's needs. Toyota has put those cars out; however, if it's not going well I don't think they will spend much money to do research. Or they might be do, who knows. They might spend money on research to see why people like it and why they don't, what need to be fixed, improved, etc.
In my own personal opinion, I think they should; however, if the price for a solar powered car is too expensive, I'm sorry I have to say I will have to go with a regular car runs with gas. Unless I'm rich then I'll fully support solar powered cars. It's hard to support it with an empty handed, you know.
Lenny you are referring to ONE car company only! There are hundreds of car companies. :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: Lenny you are referring to ONE car company only! There are hundreds of car companies. :roll:
:roll: As an example.......
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: Lenny you are referring to ONE car company only! There are hundreds of car companies. :roll:
:roll: As an example.......
I think I have made my point! :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: I think I have made my point! :roll:
Really, you think so?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

frengo wrote:Yes, we should research and develop as many "clean" energy sources as we can. Reducing global energy demand is another great (amd difficult) goal to be achieved.

PS Shokin, this time we are totally aligned, have you noticed? :wink:
Alot of houses in Australia are now using solar energy for lighting, heating, cooking even phone lines. The government is considering making it compulsory with any new home built. As well as rain water tanks (because of water shortages). I'm all for it! :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

What concerns me is that we have an oil shortage in the World and it is only going to get worse (look at the petrol prices). We need to look at alternatives NOW. We have to put this pressure on car manufacturers if they want to sell their cars; then they have to look at cheap and available fuels.

In Australia for a while a team of young people were looking at using cow, horse manure to make gas for vehicles.

Come on guys! Does anyone have any ideas. We are the future we need ideas. :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow: :arrow:
Ika

Post by Ika »

I am optimistic. They will run. But not so soon.
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

The Australian government is being forced by the population to research cheaper and more abundant fuel alternatives as the price of petrol is killing families.

This week there is going to be a program on our television here about an inventor that has created a car that runs on rubbish. Imagine that.

This is no ordinary car either it is a sportscar.

Imagine instead of emptying your rubbish onto a compost pile; or in the bin for the rubbish collectors; you went out each morning and filled your petrol tank with it...I love it! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Cars that run on solar energy!

Post by Annaa »

Yeah,they should do that.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..