Wedding ideas

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

I like my wedding to be

Traditional style
8%
Western style (white long dress, going to the Church, etc.)
23%
Small, with family and closed friends only
46%
No ceremony, but a week of honeymoon
15%
Nothing. Just a signed paper is good enough for me.
No votes
I don't know yet
8%

Total votes: 13

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Wedding ideas

Post by MissLT »

More females participate at EC than males, so this is for EC females (males are welcome to shout out your opinions :wink: ),
What is your dream wedding? How would you like it to be? And how long have you been dreaming about this perfect wedding?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

My husband and I had a small wedding in a really old rotunda on the beach with just family and friends. It was lovely. I don't think I could go through the nerves to have a big wedding. All that organisation etc would drive me crazy. It was nice and simple. We concentrated on the honeymoon. :oops: :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:My husband and I had a small wedding in a really old rotunda on the beach with just family and friends. It was lovely. I don't think I could go through the nerves to have a big wedding. All that organisation etc would drive me crazy. It was nice and simple. We concentrated on the honeymoon. :oops: :lol: :lol:
:wink: Cool, this is exactly how I'd like my future wedding to be like. In fact, I don't even want a small wedding. I only want a small dinner with family and relatives of both sides to announce my happy day. I'd send greeting cards to friends to announce the relationship. Then we'd go around Asia for our honeymoon. Man, what a perfect wedding!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I'd like a small wedding, too. I am so shy I hate being the focus of attention :lol: And I've been imagining that day for years! Although you know what happens: when you think too much about a future situation, when it comes it's so different than you had imagined...

After all, all we have to do is sign some papers... right?

Anyway I am not going to get married in a church, that's for sure!
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Honeymoon, if I should marry then it should be worth.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hey... well but ...mmm How can I say??? Oh ok. I'd like to wear a long white drees in my wedding. I don't know why but I want..have a big party after the wedding and have a nice and sweet honeymoon.... It sounds nice.. OH MY GOD....! AND THEN?? KINDS???
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oriani wrote:Hey... well but ...mmm How can I say??? Oh ok. I'd like to wear a long white drees in my wedding. I don't know why but I want..have a big party after the wedding and have a nice and sweet honeymoon.... It sounds nice.. OH MY GOD....! AND THEN?? KINDS???
A long white wedding dress is nice, too. I used to own a bunch of magazines that had a lot of nice wedding dresses, and I used to dream I could have one of those dresses for my wedding. Now Vietnamese people have made some nice wedding dresses with a mix of Westerner wedding dress and Vietnamese long dresses. Gosh, I kinda wanna wear those :oops: .
kamiya

Post by kamiya »

i like a simple n not expensive wedding party, but i like a honeymoon to a foreign country, like singapore or thailand :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

kamiya wrote:i like a simple n not expensive wedding party, but i like a honeymoon to a foreign country, like singapore or thailand :D
Or Hong Kong? :wink:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

Well, my option it’s quiet obvious, in my opinion and related to facts that have in my hands the best thing in a marriage it’s the honeymoon, who cares about a big party and then sleep in the cheaper hotel and go in honeymoon to a place we don’t like, so.. what I’ve been doing it’s to do a bit of honeymoon always that i can, about the rest and to be honest i have never thought , i heard many friends that have already married saying that since they are married the freedom it’s over… so I cannot abdicate of the thing I most like in live, ok i'm joking on this last sentence... i'm sure there's many happy marriages around the world :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I've found the dress that I was talking about in my previous post. What do you think? Too dressy? Too corny? :oops:
http://www.aodaistyles.com/product.php?lan=&pid=417
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Rui wrote:i heard many friends that have already married saying that since they are married the freedom it’s over… so I cannot abdicate of the thing I most like in live, ok i'm joking on this last sentence... i'm sure there's many happy marriages around the world :lol:
It depends on who you're marrying to. My cousin's boyfriend's parents are a happly married couple. He told my cousin that his dad pays about 60-80 dollars every year for a license number plate, which has his wife's name on it. It's so frigging romantic to me.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote:I've found the dress that I was talking about in my previous post. What do you think? Too dressy? Too corny? :oops:
http://www.aodaistyles.com/product.php?lan=&pid=417
mmmmmmmmmm looks like candyfloss :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote: It depends on who you're marrying to. My cousin's boyfriend's parents are a happly married couple. He told my cousin that his dad pays about 60-80 dollars every year for a license number plate, which has his wife's name on it. It's so frigging romantic to me.
:shock: I don't find it romantic, instead I think that man has so much money he doesn't know what to spend it on :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
:shock: I don't find it romantic, instead I think that man has so much money he doesn't know what to spend it on :D
Oh, he complains when he pays the bills. My cousin's boyfriend asked him why he never wanted to cut this off since it was really unnecessary in his opinion. His dad told him it feels more special for him to have his wife's name on the car (this is one of many ways of his to show the world he's committed). Some people love to wear their love on their sleeves, I guess :lol: .
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
mmmmmmmmmm looks like candyfloss :lol:
You've made me realize I can be really corny at times :oops: .
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote: Oh, he complains when he pays the bills. My cousin's boyfriend asked him why he never wanted to cut this off since it was really unnecessary in his opinion. His dad told him it feels more special for him to have his wife's name on the car (this is one of many ways of his to show the world he's committed). Some people love to wear their love on their sleeves, I guess :lol: .
Yeah, I find it soooo freaky!!! :lol: :lol: I think being romantic doesn't have anything to do with that. That's totally unnecessary, he's wasting his money! :roll: :twisted: Well, that's his business anyway... :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
Yeah, I find it soooo freaky!!! :lol: :lol: I think being romantic doesn't have anything to do with that. That's totally unnecessary, he's wasting his money! :roll: :twisted: Well, that's his business anyway... :D
It is, indeed. But it's still better than sky-writing to me. Gosh, this thing is a waste of money :roll: . I mean, c'mon lazy butt, get off your a** and get her a HUGE diamond ring with a nice bouquet of roses to propose to her :lol: .
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Dixie wrote:
It is, indeed. But it's still better than sky-writing to me. Gosh, this thing is a waste of money :roll: . I mean, c'mon lazy butt, get off your a** and get her a HUGE diamond ring with a nice bouquet of roses to propose to her :lol: .
:lol: Well maybe not huge Lenny. You have to remember diamonds cost money you have to keep your budget in mind, however it doesn't mean you have to be stingey either. :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Cood and quiet, simple and modest wedding !

Shokin
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

RUI wrote:Well, my option it’s quiet obvious, in my opinion and related to facts that have in my hands the best thing in a marriage it’s the honeymoon, who cares about a big party and then sleep in the cheaper hotel and go in honeymoon to a place we don’t like, so.. what I’ve been doing it’s to do a bit of honeymoon always that i can, about the rest and to be honest i have never thought , i heard many friends that have already married saying that since they are married the freedom it’s over… so I cannot abdicate of the thing I most like in live, ok i'm joking on this last sentence... i'm sure there's many happy marriages around the world
Ohhhh my dear Rui, men only think in sex!!!!!

who cares about a big party and then sleep in the cheaper hotel and go in honeymoon to a place we don’t like, so

Well, I was thinking in give you the honey moon as a wedding present, you must to choose between mexican beaches: Acapulco, Cancún, Puerto Vallarta (the last in where Elizabeth Taylor had one of her honey moons with Richard Burton)

Unfurtunally : i heard many friends that have already married saying that since they are married the freedom it’s over… so I cannot abdicate of the thing I most like in live.

Lenny, which is the difference between a traditional wedding and your second option in the poll????

And tell me dear why you don´t include in your option a "Hippy Wedding" ?????
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote:
Lenny, which is the difference between a traditional wedding and your second option in the poll????

And tell me dear why you don´t include in your option a "Hippy Wedding" ?????
Oh, traditional wedding is for people of different cultures like Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc. who have their traditional wedding dresses instead of the long white wedding dress.
What's a hippie wedding? :?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:
:lol: Well maybe not huge Lenny. You have to remember diamonds cost money you have to keep your budget in mind, however it doesn't mean you have to be stingey either. :lol:
But that skywriting will fade away; the diamond wedding will not. The ring doesn't have to be big, but it's still a lot better than skywriting to me. Skywriting is the most stupid things for proposal to me. It's even more stupid than giving that person a bouquet.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

hIPPY WEDDING:

Both use informal, very informal atuend, both in withe. she with florwers in the hair and He with long hair. Th objetive if you can´t see who is the man and whoi is the woman.
About the meal, only vegetables. Music of Bob Dylan and no chairs or tables all the people in the garden and to much marihuana. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote:hIPPY WEDDING:

Both use informal, very informal atuend, both in withe. she with florwers in the hair and He with long hair. Th objetive if you can´t see who is the man and whoi is the woman.
About the meal, only vegetables. Music of Bob Dylan and no chairs or tables all the people in the garden and to much marihuana. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've never heard of it. Thanks for the info. :wink:
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Wedding ideas

Post by Annaa »

I never thought for this,but I`d like a small wedding in the beach(but my country doesn`t have beaches) and I`d like my husband to give me a diamond ring :lol: :lol: :-D :oops: .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Wedding ideas

Post by sweethuman »

Small, with family and closed friends