Only the real talented ones.
80%

Total votes: 5

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Their income

Post by MissLT »

In general, with one movie a Hollywood movie star could earn thousand to million of dollars. Just one movie while others have to work for their entire lives to get that amound of money. Thus, do those movie stars deserve the money that they earn?
phucauto3
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by phucauto3 »

only real talented one!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

phucauto3 wrote:only real talented one!!
So only actors and actresses like Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Bruce Willis, Julia Roberts, etc. deserve their checks. The rest of them should go to back to school..... :lol:
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

I agree with phucauto3 ,but only Julia Roberts deserve that because I love her very very much :lol: :lol:

LennyeTran wrote::: :lol:
The rest of them should go to back to school.....
yes the rest of them should go to back to school.... :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I voted yes on this; for several reasons.

Unfortunately movie making is all about getting peoples bums in seats after they have paid their money. No matter how great the script only popular actors will pull the public into the seats. That is why they get paid the big dollars as the movie studios need them to promote their films.

I suppose when you consider how much of their lives are lost to the public after release dates it could be considered fair enough.

In addition, their working life is limited by age and looks. When you consider that actresses like Meg Ryan and Demi Moore were earning the big dollars ten years ago (where are they now). They need to make as much as they can; while they can. I reckon good on them. If people are going to pay you that much why not?

This is one reason why I have always admired George Lucas. Whether you love or hate the Star Wars films, he has always relied on the story; he has never paid for box office stars. He has always used virtually unknowns and let the story tell itself.

Pretty cool really. :!:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

ahmads wrote:I agree with phucauto3 ,but only Julia Roberts deserve that because I love her very very much :lol: :lol:
I don't know if she's really talented or not since I don't find her is. She's a big diva, and I hate divas.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: In addition, their working life is limited by age and looks. When you consider that actresses like Meg Ryan and Demi Moore were earning the big dollars ten years ago (where are they now). They need to make as much as they can; while they can. I reckon good on them. If people are going to pay you that much why not?
I don't know about Meg Ryan, but Demi Moore does a perfume commercial for Versace; she's still making money. I think look or age is important for them if they're still into publicity and stuff; however, if they care about the money, then they're pretty okay set. Only one movie and they could make millions even the sucky ones as like Britney Spears :roll: .
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

LennyeTran
She's a big diva, and I hate divas.
really?
what did you mean ?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

ahmads wrote:LennyeTran
She's a big diva, and I hate divas.
really?
what did you mean ?
She's really bossy, demanding, and a bit bee-yatch because she knows people want her in their movies. They either have to do what she demands to have at the set or she's gone. If you really needed her in your movie, what would you do? Of course, you have to meet her demandings. This is what I meant by diva. Someone like Tom Hanks doesn't have that bad reputation because he's really sweet with people in the industry. It doesn't matter who they are he treats them the same.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Their income

Post by Annaa »

Only the real talented ones :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..