The end is near?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, EC, Dixie

The end is near?

It seems like it
3
60%
It's just a bad year. People die everyday. That's all.
2
40%
I don't know, but surely hope not.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 5

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:09 am

LennyeTran wrote:Well, maybe if people think the end is near, they would be nicer to those kids. Judgement Day, ya know--those should be judged will be judged. And please tell me what you have done so far to help those kids; I'm pretty curious since you're here to talk about helping the kids. Aren't you supposed to be in a community service right now? Talk is cheap, ya know :roll: .

Quoted myself... That's bold part above is a joke, but since you didn't get it, I said never mind it. I have no problem with you being a volunteer for whatever organization or you don't do anything with your life. I'm not here to tell you whether you should do something with your life or not; it's your life that you have control of. I was asking you what you have done save the kids because I've met people who brag about what they do; however, they totally do the opposite thing than what they say they do. For instance, I was on the train to school last time, I saw some guy who was eating on the train and then threw the trash next to him. I asked him if he would leave it there or throw it in a trash can. He told me he was just leaving it there because he wanted his hands to be free. In fact, he was an environmentalist; he picked up trash for others-- he followed the rules and there was no need for me to tell him to pick up the trash. I asked him, "if you followed the rules, didn't you know you were not supposed to eat on the train? It's against the station's law and you could be fine $250 for breaking it?" He shut his mouth up!
You see, some people talk about nice things; however, they actually do it or not is a doubtful question. You say nice things, so it made me curious that you actually do it or not. It was a question out of curiosity. If you were offended by my question, you could tell me you were offended. Don't tell me that I asked you the question and then I said my quesiton was a joke because I couldn't find this and that out of your answer. It's ridiculous. My question was not a joke; that bold part was :roll: . And how could a question about what someone does is a joke? It makes no frigging sense :? .

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:17 am

quicksilver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
I think LT has a great heart :lol: :lol:
She is worrying bout all the bad things are going to be happen
to human being.
But i think we dont have to worried so much .
Everything will come , and i think we can solve them.
Ya, BTW, i think enjoy your life , dont let those thoughts make you older. :lol: :lol:

:roll: Well, this topic was supposed to be a joke since we'll all die eventually, so does it matter if it's the end or not? Dying sooner or later we're still going to die, right?

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:12 am

If it's end then it's only because of humans own arrogance and stupidity!

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:42 am

i think the third war world will come 2010 :shock:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Postby quicksilver » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:19 pm

ahmads wrote:i think the third war world will come 2010 :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And Ahmads is the person who will start the 3rd war.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by quicksilver on Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Postby vince90 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:21 pm

louvicine wrote:I think the end is very very near, more than your imagination.
The bibl mention smething aboutit, Nostradamous give son dates. Tha antichrist could be the new Pope.
¡¡¡¡¡¡OOhhh my GOOOOOOOOODD!!!!!

BLAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ :twisted:

This topic is wate of time

Why don´t talk about children that don´t have meals and died all days?



I think everyone here have the right to post any topic (under the rules of the board). If you don’t like the topic then ignore it, but don’t judge their post is nonsense. For me the main goal here is to share the opinion and learning English together. If you want to talk about the children then post your own topic. I am sure many people will joy you to talk about it.

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Postby vince90 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:28 pm

ahmads wrote:i think the third war world will come 2010 :shock:


It's interesting! Can you share with us what make you think that? :?:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:32 pm

quicksilver:
And Ahmads is the person who will start the 3rd war.

hhhhh,I love if I have command and be famous but with another way ,because I am a good person :lol: :lol: :lol:
vince90:
It's interesting! Can you share with us what make you think that?

I have dreamed about war hhhhh, I am kidding.....
actually all things that happen everyday indicate to war...
If there is racialism so the war will came ...
if there are many people who
are like Hetlir >>>the war will came ...
if there are many countries without freedom >>>>The war will came ..

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:42 pm

ahmads wrote:
if there are many people who
are like Hetlir >>>the war will came ...
if there are many countries without freedom >>>>The war will came ..

I've heard a rumor that the prediction says another Hitler would be back soon :shock: .

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Hardi wrote:If it's end then it's only because of humans own arrogance and stupidity!

Well said! This is exactly what I believe in. We usually dig our own graves, not the nature itself.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:50 pm

ahmads wrote:i think the third war world will come 2010 :shock:

*Note to self: record the year on the calendar because this guy might be another Nostradamus* :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:55 pm

quicksilver wrote:
ahmads wrote:i think the third war world will come 2010 :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And Ahmads is the person who will start the 3rd war.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*Another note to self: maybe she would be a female Nostradamus, and this guy might not be Nostradamus but a future Hitler; that's why he set the date to conquer the world.* :lol: :lol:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:29 pm

LennyeTran:
I've heard a rumor that the prediction says another Hitler would be back soon .


:? :shock:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:31 pm

vince90 wrote: I think everyone here have the right to post any topic (under the rules of the board). If you don’t like the topic then ignore it, but don’t judge their post is nonsense. For me the main goal here is to share the opinion and learning English together. If you want to talk about the children then post your own topic. I am sure many people will joy you to talk about it.

vince90 wrote: I think everyone here have the right to post any topic (under the rules of the board). If you don’t like the topic then ignore it, but don’t judge their post is nonsense. For me the main goal here is to share the opinion and learning English together. If you want to talk about the children then post your own topic. I am sure many people will joy you to talk about it.

Thank you, Vince. There are people who don't know me at all saying to others that I make fun about what others do and stuff. If they had known me a bit, they would have known I was raised not to joke about others' jobs. I do criticize and judge people; I admit it. I find nothing is wrong with it since I'm only a human being. However, I live by my own rules/principles plus some that I was raised by my family; therefore, I criticize and judge people in my own way. I judge people who don't find a job when they could; I judge people when they try to find an evil, lazy, easy way to pinch off others's money; I judge people who do the jobs because they want something back in return. And there are more people I judge based on my own moral reasonings. No matter I judge people for what they do with their jobs or not I don't disrespect or joke people about what they do. I've done that once when I was a kid and I had to pay a big price for it.
Well, I was a spoiled brat when I was a kid since I could somehow have whatever I asked for, and I didn't have to do a single thing in the house because we had maids who usually got things I wanted for me. Therefore, if I asked something and they didn't give it to me, I would be really pissed. Once day I asked the lady who worked for us to do something for me; she said she couldn't do it because my mom said no. I'd asked her several times and still got no; I was really pissed, so I told her that she should get me what I wanted because I was her master. Right after the word "master" slipped out of my mouth, I got beaten up by my mom who just got home with a rope in front of the maid. She did not stop until the maid begged her to stop. Then I had to kneel down facing a wall for more than an hour, so she could lecture me about my behavior.
She told me we'd had all the good things happened in our lives because of the ways our family lived and treated people, starting from my great great-grandparents. We started to have maids around their time, but none of them had ever disrespected a maid like I did. The maids were either treated like a member of the family or lived with comfortable feelings, for they had to live far away from their families because of the job and the money. She told me the physical pain she did on me was the same mental pain I did on our maid when I disrespected her. She would rather beat me, so in a way, I could pay that pain back to the maid than to see me living a bad life afterwards because of my immature attitude. Addtionally, she told me if she ever hears me saying anything disrespectful to anyone about what they do for their jobs, I would either be kicked out of the house or disowned.
Thus, to me, a job is a job. Nothing is shameful about having a job even if it's trash picking. As long as one is not sitting around wasting time or trying to stick like a leech on others for support, then the job is a beautiful thing. And it's even more beautiful when one spends the time to help others and ask nothing in return. People who donate and volunteer have beautiful souls to me. Unfortunately, some people didn't know I thought that way :roll: .

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:33 pm

ahmads wrote:LennyeTran:
I've heard a rumor that the prediction says another Hitler would be back soon .


:? :shock:

I remember I was reading some articles about reincarnation, and there was a part that said Hitler said, "I will be back!" before he died. This sounds cheesy and stupid, though :lol: . He ain't the terminator.

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:39 pm

LennyeTran:
I remember I was reading some articles about reincarnation, and there was a part that said Hitler said, "I will be back!" before he died. This sounds cheesy and stupid, though . He ain't the terminator.


so :? we have Hitler II

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:50 pm

ahmads wrote:LennyeTran:
I remember I was reading some articles about reincarnation, and there was a part that said Hitler said, "I will be back!" before he died. This sounds cheesy and stupid, though . He ain't the terminator.


so :? we have Hitler II

That's what it predicted, but again it sounds cheesy and seems like a hoax to me.

User avatar
louvicine
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Andorra

Postby louvicine » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:07 am

Ahmads,

Don´t worry about the finall of the world. All what LT says is a joke. Don´t Worry.
About Nostradamus, I must to inform that he had the power to dream future events, he usually got scare after each dream, then he ask to one of his teachers about his situation and the reacher said that he need help. Then give Nostradamu a infussion and Nostradamus began to have alucinations about future events and wrotte his verses or predictions, but he never could dream that his wife and son were near to died of chikenpols.
I say the story not because I belive in the predictions, but also because is a interesting story, the story of a man who suffer the terror of predict when another were near the died, but not in his own family.
In the bible people think that the chapter of Exudus is a future prediction, but if you read carefully you can know that was the sotry of a town, not of the future world, and Saint John explain that in the beginig og the chapter.
I don´t belive in predictions, I only dream that men are responsable of what happen in the world and only men must to find a solution. Belive in predictions mean don´t to want the world would be better.
Louvicine D´amour

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:33 am

louvicine:
I don´t belive in predictions, I only dream that men are responsable of what happen in the world and only men must to find a solution. Belive in predictions mean don´t to want the world would be better.

I dream too , I dream about future events hhhhhhhh,I am kidding :lol: :lol:
I don't believe in prediction and I do'n't read about it ...
the prediction mentions bad things that makes people scare...
so....we must not read it ...... :lol:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:12 pm

Each, think that you can change something in this story.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Postby quicksilver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:28 am

ahmads wrote:LennyeTran:
I remember I was reading some articles about reincarnation, and there was a part that said Hitler said, "I will be back!" before he died. This sounds cheesy and stupid, though . He ain't the terminator.


so :? we have Hitler II

I think Hitler is a great brain , a talent.
But he had tooooooooo many great ambitions, and he is too greedy, cruel.
But we have to admit that he had an excellent brain.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests