How important being proud of oneself is?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

hanami

How important being proud of oneself is?

Post by hanami »

Anyone can tell me?
happiness is something you can't foretell
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

you have to know your own value and respect yourself therefore it's good to be proud of onself when there is something to be proud of, of course. Obviously too much proud is wrong, but being proud and self-confident really helps in life... even when you're not proud of yourself, surely there are things you've made or done, that you're proud of and you have to think of them :-)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

If you can't be proud of yourself; then who can you be proud of? It has to start from you. You set your own standards and goals and when you live up to them you should give yourself a great big pat on the back! 8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:If you can't be proud of yourself; then who can you be proud of? It has to start from you. You set your own standards and goals and when you live up to them you should give yourself a great big pat on the back! 8)
Same thing as if you can't even love yourself, how would you expect others to love you? Be proud of who you are and how you live up with your own rules and expectations for yourself. Be generous, easy going, understandable, but don't forget times you should say no :wink: .
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How important being proud of oneself is?

Post by sweethuman »

I dont think so one should be proud of him or herself. I would go with this sentence that:
ALWAYS REMEMBER YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE NOT THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE UNIVERSE so be kind to everyone