Where would you find a date?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

I think I'd find a date...

At school/ at work/ at Church etc.
25%
Dating services (ads from newspapers, dating agencies, TV, etc.)
No votes
Through friends
25%
Bars, clubs
13%
38%

Total votes: 8

tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: I had to say

Post by tikay »

LennyeTran wrote:
tikay wrote: I went with the only way i ever get into anything serious which is in person...so far anyway, The last online guy cancelled me at the very last minute ...I was ready to walk out the door...and he knew it was my birthday too. Pure rudeness!
:shock: Are you serious? This guy is an ass! I've never heard a guy canceling on a girl in the last minute and on her birthday like this. This is outrageous! :x Want me to contact my people and beat the ~ outta him? :lol:
tikay wrote: I went out anyway and had a nice time with someone else I met at Starbucks... this was just last week. He tried to make up for the other guy... (the jerk who cancelled) :lol: NOW I WOULDNT CHANGE A THING!
so Bye bye to Johnny Online...and HELLO Carlos!...the real deal!
Attagirl! 8)

Well this just happened on the 10th of feb...last week, I think I put him under some pressure by saying it was my birthday or something when we were setting the time....

still yeah! Can You Call Your People!??? I will set up the next date and they can meet him for me. :lol: LOL!

Maybe we should start a club where we report these guys and we will know where to check on them...eh?
Well he was from yahoo dating site and a good looking guy about 40. Intense blue eyes, and a groomed light brown/greying beard in the one pic and just the moustache in the other....he was online everytime i looked at the site though...now that is GROSS...that worried me.

Anyway I met Carlos, guapo guy of 26~ and Latin oh Yeah!
I hope to hear from him again, before the weekend rolls 'round!
DEVINE....FUN.... & BEYOND GOOD-L :D :D KING!!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Lalee wrote: Yeah, it seems that now you're more charming than me. :cry:
Nah, I'm just saying that. At this board, I'm only interested in Danyet. I just can't get enough of him. :lol:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

LennyeTran wrote: Nah, I'm just saying that. At this board, I'm only interested in Danyet. I just can't get enough of him. :lol:
You know, I'm getting tired of this.
Danyet this, Danyet that. Stop it!!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: I had to say

Post by MissLT »

tikay wrote:

Well this just happened on the 10th of feb...last week, I think I put him under some pressure by saying it was my birthday or something when we were setting the time....
Still, man. It was rude! I remember I met a guy from online who lived in San Diego. We'd talked for like half a year, and then he told me he would be in Frisko for his meeting. I told him it would be great if we met since it would also be on my birthday. I met him in Frisko, and we had a great time hanging out together. He bought me dinner, a present, and a greeting card for my birthday. This is what I called being a man! 8)
tikay wrote:still yeah! Can You Call Your People!??? I will set up the next date and they can meet him for me. :lol: LOL!
Sure! I have Vietnamese mafia, Japanese mafia, Italian mafia, Chinese mafia, and a bunch of mixed nationalities mafia. Which group do you want me to get? :lol:
tikay wrote:Maybe we should start a club where we report these guys and we will know where to check on them...eh?
Well he was from yahoo dating site and a good looking guy about 40. Intense blue eyes, and a groomed light brown/greying beard in the one pic and just the moustache in the other....he was online everytime i looked at the site though...now that is GROSS...that worried me.
Personal dating at Yahoo, right? Wow, there are people who have contacted me because I posted a personal ad as a joke, but they're only my online friends. I haven't met them yet. I stopped meeting people online after the day I dated my bf. I didn't know they allow jerks to post now.....
tikay wrote: Anyway I met Carlos, guapo guy of 26~ and Latin oh Yeah!
I hope to hear from him again, before the weekend rolls 'round!
DEVINE....FUN.... & BEYOND GOOD-L :D :D KING!!!
He's younger than you, right?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Lalee wrote: You know, I'm getting tired of this.
Danyet this, Danyet that. Stop it!!!
Yes, ma'am. :cry:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

oh yes

Post by tikay »

OH YES... he is too much younger...I am still young at heart but I have already revealed my age enough in here. I thought you knew. :oops: He is eighteen years younger than me...think of Demi and Ashton. ( I told all my pals that I would never do that) - they are still laughing about it, and I am not... (probably)...going to fall in love, though!
now that might be wierd! :D
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Tika, Tikay,

Please don´t be worry about age. You are woman, he is man, both like each other, fell something, that´s all, as mexicans used to say: "Avientate comadre" (translation: go a head my blood".
Don´t worry about wht the people say. People give opinions all the time, include if you don´t ask for that. Like me :oops:
Remember Just do it.
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

thanks

Post by tikay »

Elba...hi!
Well I plan to do it but to fall in love with a man barely older than my oldest son...ah but you are right ...people do dont they? I dont want to judge the next person and I guess I could try giving myself the same breaks sometimes!
I am so much harder on myself with the standards thing...I expect so much of poor me sometimes! While I would easily say the same to someone else to go for it!

Maybe I am worried that with my being older, his eyes would wander more to women more his age, and I will be hurt by it.

I have become very cautious with romantic love !
I guess that love cannot thrive with too much caution, and holding back!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: oh yes

Post by MissLT »

tikay wrote:OH YES... he is too much younger...I am still young at heart but I have already revealed my age enough in here. I thought you knew. :oops: He is eighteen years younger than me...think of Demi and Ashton. ( I told all my pals that I would never do that) - they are still laughing about it, and I am not... (probably)...going to fall in love, though!
now that might be wierd! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Like Demi Moore and that guy!?!??!! Gosh, you're funny! I like that! You can make a joke out of your relationship. How cool! 8)

I remember when I dated the guy who was 25 years older than me, I called him Daddy for two reasons. Well, one you can guess without me telling :wink: . And the second one was because he had children. It's like your Mommy called your dad Daddy. However, people found it gross. Oh well.... :roll:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

so..

Post by tikay »

HERE IS A CRAZY TRUE STORY OF A BOY I MET WHILE OUT DANCING WITH GIRLFRIENDS...I will call it....

YANKEE, VERY MUCH...YOU PSYCHO!

well it has been a week and no word from my young prince...my rescuer on the lonely birthday night!
I think he is being careful too because i told him about the last guy I saw (a couple of times) now he was really not right in the head....from India.
I met him at yankee doodles and in half an hour he was talking about getting married (together) it was time to leave the place was closing...then when the next day rolls around I check my tele at about twelve in the afternoon and he had called FIVE times already. 5 times!
I was like OH BOY here it comes...another psyconaut! Straight from the far off reaches...:lol: I didn't call him for a few days and the calls from him add up to about thirty....you know?
When I call he said something like..." what happened to you I thought you forgot all about me"...and I say "and I figure you are psycho...SO?"
It was interesting to say the very least...I eventually did date him once to see if I could relate if I tried and he had started first to keep some boundries that I laid down...I am not a phone person...I went out to Thai food with him and he was nice. We cuddled in the taxi...we kissed...we enjoyed the ride home.

Now get this...when I decide we can be more serious that he is okay after all...(we talk for a couple of weeks on the phone) he was a phone person...called every two days or so THEN we decide to help out his roomate with a double date (he decides ) I go along happily, My friend Eve, decides she will go and we all meet at a local bowling alley for a hopefully fun date...well we couldnt bowl ...it was too early to bowl there ? but we go out to eat a a nice (expensive) Italian place on snazzy boulevard (Ventura) and we have a good time.

I am full of fun and we laugh a lot...(being the life of the party was once my thing) THEN, when I go to the ladies room...Mr. Perka...my date, is holding the palm (reading my friends palm) of Eve ( no I did not know he could read palms) anyway ...so I say that am next!...(I was not upset) but when he didnt stop reading her hand after some time... I say what about me... and he seems to hate letting her hand go...you know? and then, not much to say with me...about my palm which he eventually loses track of...

LONG story shortened....He next calls to set up another date ...possibly with Eve and another two friends, to try to bowl this time and his guys friends will meet another of my friends...and, HE SAYS that, "since we are not serious"...(He now says)...maybe I could pay my own tab on the next date and ....eventually friends?maybe I could set him up with one of my FRIENDS!

WHAT IS THAT??? I have to question!!!
What the hell is going on with people like that?

Are they just retarded or? I was really hurt and really personally affronted, by it all. It upset me for weeks...I was not able to concentrate well at school, couldn't eat right...sleep right. It was nuts. I told the story to Carlos as my last fiasco with a guy. And we had a good laugh at his (stupidity) how lame can you get right?

Why did he act like I was the only woman for him and the lets get married then SWITCH to FIX ME UP ?
( My tires would have screeched had I been driving.) But I was alas at school looking at my girl EVE...the beauty...while he said it. At least she was there to co-miserate and she had met him so she knew who i was hating at the moment!

How is that for a crazy story. True story!
Happened about 9 weeks ago...now it is just funny in an insane sort of way. What a creep.
:shock: :twisted: :shock:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

:lol: I didn't know how else to reference it to myself...so I said well...do I judge Demi for her Ashton and...of course not...she deserves whatever guy she wants so...then I felt that if I were equally less hard on me, as I am easy going to others well, then I will deserve a good thing too. :oops: :D :mrgreen:

so... I went from red light....:oops:
over to the yellow light........:wink:
over to mean green light......:mrgreen:

and we all know green means go!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:? I don't get it. What happened to Eve? Did she date that jerk?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

tikay wrote::lol: I didn't know how else to reference it to myself...so I said well...do I judge Demi for her Ashton and...of course not...she deserves whatever guy she wants so...then I felt that if I were equally less hard on me, as I am easy going to others well, then I will deserve a good thing too. :oops: :D :mrgreen:

so... I went from red light....:oops:
over to the yellow light........:wink:
over to mean green light......:mrgreen:

and we all know green means go!
People can be really uptight about anything they don't understand. I guess they might not understand how he would find her attractive. Or even how he wanted to date her while he could get a girl around his age. Same thing with Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas. People still make fun of the difference of their ages. I love them both, so personally I find nothing is wrong with their relationship. On the other hand, I found it distubring and gross when J. Lo dated Ben Affleck. Man, I used to like the guy, but after he dated her I found him becoming really trashy. To me, I don't really care how difference in age people can get as long as how they carry their relationship.

In my world's religions class there is a girl who is 19 dating with a guy who is 50-ish. Can you believe it? I've talked to her and she seems a bit immature for me, but I guess maybe the guy she's dating is young at heart. Also, my aunt is about 20 years younger than my uncle. Thus, to me you and your guy ain't really weird afterall. If he could understand you and treat you right, go for it :wink: . Don't let the age get into you. I know some women who get really paranoid when they date younger guys. And they literally destroy their own relationship by comparing themselves to other young women. I mean, if a guy cares about whether he could get a younger woman or not, he would try to get a younger woman. He doesn't stay for someone who is much older than him and then dump that person for a young one.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Life has two minutes: born and die, and the intermediate is learning, even from yourng people we can learn something.
Suffer is part of the life, aches are part of the life, smiles are part of the life, experiences are part of the life, tears are part of the life.

Tikay, you can´t say NO to the life!
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

LennyeTran wrote: On the other hand, I found it distubring and gross when J. Lo dated Ben Affleck. Man, I used to like the guy, but after he dated her I found him becoming really trashy.
Why don't you like her? Maybe because her butt is bigger than yours? Most women hate her for that reason.
LennyeTran wrote: To me, I don't really care how difference in age people can get as long as how they carry their relationship.
We all know that. :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Lalee wrote: Why don't you like her? Maybe because her butt is bigger than yours? Most women hate her for that reason.
I don't care for women's butts. I like men with cute butts, and you know who has a cute one. I've told you this already! :wink:

To me, she's trashy. Something about her that is not classy. My uncle once told me that women don't have to look pretty just as long as they don't look like one of the cheap common wh***s. And to me, J.Lo is a cheap common wh***.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

LennyeTran wrote: And to me, J.Lo is a cheap common wh***.
Oh Lennye. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Lalee wrote: Oh Lennye. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excuse my language :oops: . You can go ahead and wash my mouth with soap, but I couldn't find other ways to describe her best than that. :lol:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

LennyeTran wrote: Excuse my language :oops: . You can go ahead and wash my mouth with soap, but I couldn't find other ways to describe her best than that. :lol:
It's ok. You sound cute when you curse anyways. :lol:
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Where would you find a date?

Post by Annaa »

I voted 4 school :-D .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Where would you find a date?

Post by sweethuman »

Bars/clubs and office or university