Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, EC, Dixie

eman
Gold Member

shy

Postby eman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:42 am

hi to all members...

i really have problem with my self..i'm shy person :oops:

i feel very shy when i want to talk to everybody espicall my teacher in my university...i can speak english but i dont have courage to speak..so what sould i do to kill my shy..and be normal person...
:oops: :oops:

FIVER
Gold Member

Postby FIVER » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:13 am

Hi, I'm a shy person too. I'm only confident when I talk about things that I know about. It will take time. Most my friends are talkative and when they talk, I just listen. If you NEED to talk to someone then I would suggest taking deep breathes and try calming yourself. Um, something that helps me with my shyness is chewing gum when I'm nervous; it might be considered rude to some people but it helps me and the person doesn't seem to mind that there's something in my mouth. Being out in the world, I'm not so shy anymore. I even talk to strangers sometimes at the store or someplace I am visiting.
Hope this helps. :D Remember, gum! Hehe.

eman
Gold Member

Postby eman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:29 am

like what you said :cry:Most my friends are talkative and when they talk, I just listen.it is also happing to me,i try mant times to do what you said,but i felt every time..when somebody heard my feeling i allready start crying..but
thanks honey, my dear for your helping..i will try
:wink:

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:58 am

FIVER wrote:HMost my friends are talkative and when they talk, I just listen.

That happens to me, too. When I am with a group of people and they start talking, I don't. I just listen. I am shy too :oops:

Lalee
Platinum Member

Postby Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:35 pm

Dixie wrote:That happens to me, too. When I am with a group of people and they start talking, I don't. I just listen. I am shy too :oops:

Yeah, Dix. We've noticed that on skype. :wink:

Lalee
Platinum Member

Postby Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:36 pm

FIVER wrote: I even talk to strangers sometimes at the store or someplace I am visiting.

:o I wish I were able to do that.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:46 pm

Lalee wrote:Yeah, Dix. We've noticed that on skype. :wink:

That's mean. I still haven't sorted it out :(

Lalee
Platinum Member

Postby Lalee » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:19 pm

Dixie wrote:That's mean. I still haven't sorted it out :(

Too bad. I really wanted to hear your voice. :cry:

ahmads
Platinum Member

Postby ahmads » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:57 pm

I don't in general,,but sometimes I feel I am shy ,,specially when I talk with girls ,,
and I have a problem with shy people :lol: specially with girls too

Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby Oriani » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:54 am

Hi dear . How's it going about yor Shy personality?
Sometimes is not too bad to be shy. I mean, I'm a shy person but I'm sure about myself..!!! The most important thing is that you have to be yourself and love yourself and yours.!!!

I'm a shy person, but sometimes I have to go out of that shynees world because of the situation. Its' reflected here, by the way. You can notice it that I haven't posted here since Decembere or January.. I've been reading the others instead. Why? Because I feel that I don't know what to say on one of those Topics or conversations!!!! But it's ok!!!

As I said before, be yourself. I know you'll a a great like..( I know you've got it)

Enjoy the life. KISSES.! :P

FIVER
Gold Member

Postby FIVER » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:28 am

Oriani wrote:I'm a shy person, but sometimes I have to go out of that shynees world because of the situation. Its' reflected here, by the way. You can notice it that I haven't posted here since Decembere or January.. I've been reading the others instead. Why? Because I feel that I don't know what to say on one of those Topics or conversations!!!! But it's ok!!!

Just say whatever comes to your mind at the moment. You don't have to be shy. No one minds. It is all about your opinions here and no one can do anything about it. You are even shy on the internet? :shock:

eman
Gold Member

but what about crying

Postby eman » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:26 am

akey members...everyone has his personality but my own is very rude..
what will you do if somebody hurt your feeling?
about me i start crying when i want to talk to this person ,i can defened my self,,,i dont know why..?

:( :? :cry:

Dixie

Re: but what about crying

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:58 am

eman wrote:akey members...everyone has his personality but my own is very rude..
about me i start crying when i want to talk to this person ,i can defened my self,,,i dont know why..?

If the person who hurts my feelings is someone I love, I would feel really miserable and even cry. I cry for everything, now that I think of it. Oh I hate myself. I wish I was stronger.

Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Re: but what about crying

Postby Tora » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:30 pm

Dixie wrote:
eman wrote:akey members...everyone has his personality but my own is very rude..

If the person who hurts my feelings is someone I love, I would feel really miserable and even cry. I cry for everything, now that I think of it. Oh I hate myself. I wish I was stronger.

Ladies you almost have to admit me to your offence-and-crying club! :cry: I can't argue at all, when someone hurts me I burst out crying, feel so miserable and loved-by-no-one... and go away! If it's someone close or elder or one who you respect i behave that way, otherwise I try not to notice offence! :cry:

Dixie! Please, don't say that you hate yourself! :!: Never! It's no good! You should love yourself as you are! I was given this advice so often, but I refuse to follow it anyhow :oops:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:39 pm

You're right, Tora. Thank you. I believe that if you don't love yourself, nobody will. So we should learn to love ourselves first... As hard as it can seem for some :roll:

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:58 pm

Reading through these posts I noticed everyone who wrote something in here admits they are a shy person...Are you really that shy? It's just really weird to me. My mum always taught me to speak my mind freely and frankly having no fear whatsover and I guess that's why I grew up feeling really secure about myself and self-confident. Even the people I spend most of my time with aren't shy at all. I actually know very few people who are shy...I think the best way to fight off your shyness is deliberately getting into all sorts of situation that you feel really shy and uncomfortable with. It's the advice I heard the psychologists usually give to shy people becuse when you learn to cope with all sorts of stressful situations you will be able to overcome your shyness. I also heard that smiling might be helpful because when you smile you stilmulate your brain and you feel better. :)

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:24 pm

illusion wrote:Reading through these posts I noticed everyone who wrote something in here admits they are a shy person...Are you really that shy? It's just really weird to me. My mum always taught me to speak my mind freely and frankly having no fear whatsover and I guess that's why I grew up feeling really secure about myself and self-confident. Even the people I spend most of my time with aren't shy at all. I actually know very few people who are shy...I think the best way to fight off your shyness is deliberately getting into all sorts of situation that you feel really shy and uncomfortable with. It's the advice I heard the psychologists usually give to shy people becuse when you learn to cope with all sorts of stressful situations you will be able to overcome your shyness. I also heard that smiling might be helpful because when you smile you stilmulate your brain and you feel better. :)

Mal, your post really encouraged me. I know it must be hard to face a situation you feel uncomfortable with but that's the way it must be done. Thanks for your advice... I liked the smiling part. I think it's so true.

ahmads
Platinum Member

Postby ahmads » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:02 pm

today I spoke in front of 20 persons ,,,i made a presentation about how to use your free time usefuly ?.
I typed it and printed it out.
but unfortunately when I started to speak ,I forgot all things that I wrote ,although I put my paper beside me ,
and I couldn't read what I wrote .
and I started to imagine another things to say .
Omg!!! I think that shying transports from one to one :lol:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:39 pm

ahmads wrote:today I spoke in front of 20 persons ,,,i made a presentation about how to use your free time usefuly ?.
I typed it and printed it out.
but unfortunately when I started to speak ,I forgot all things that I wrote ,although I put my paper beside me ,
and I couldn't read what I wrote .
and I started to imagine another things to say .
Omg!!! I think that shying transports from one to one :lol:

But it all turned out well, right?

It's happened to me, too! Then I try to pretend and especially not to get nervous.

ahmads
Platinum Member

Postby ahmads » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:45 pm

Dixie wrote:
But it all turned out well, right?

mummm.... :lol: it was very very funny .. :lol:

ahmads
Platinum Member

Postby ahmads » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 pm

Dixie wrote:
It's happened to me, too! Then I try to pretend and especially not to get nervous.

what about people who have been listening to you ?
have you seen a strange acts of them?
I saw many strange acts :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”