TALKS FRIENDLY AND CLOSELY TO YOU
67%
EXPLAINS EVERYTHING IN THE MOTHER TOUNGE
No votes

Total votes: 6

hoanggia

THE TEACHER'S ROLES

Post by hoanggia »

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE ROLES OF TEACHERS NOWADAYS .ARE THEY JSUT SIMPLE MASTERSS OF THE SUBJECTS ? :idea:
ANY IDEAS WILL BE GREATLY WELCOMED! :!:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

About the tongue used, I think it's important that we use the target language. In my school, I'm obliged to talk to my students completely in English.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Dixie wrote:About the tongue used, I think it's important that we use the target language. In my school, I'm obliged to talk to my students completely in English.
The same here. I think it's good for teachers and students to use English in an English class. How to improve English? For me, the only way is to stick to it. Think in English, talk in English, write in English, read in English...I set a rule for my students, if they want to send me mails or SMS, all must be written in English.

_Arale_
ngphuongtu

Post by ngphuongtu »

1. Cares for students in every meeting: not suitable nowadays, because modern studying method requires students to be active and independent. When students are doing exams, no teacher beside them, how can they manage to finish them?
2. Talks closely and friendly with students: This is the most preferable choice to me. It helps to reduce the formal border between teachers and students. Sts can discuss things freely and receive advice or correction from their teachers.
3. Explains everything in the mother language: When studying English, I'd like the teacher to explain new words in English, then I myself find the equivalent Vietnamese words. But I think no need. Sts should themselves look up the words as well as their usage and take notes. By doing that, they can remember the words longer
hoanggia

Post by hoanggia »

Bravo ,why dont you guys vote the poll /Pls do it .
stick to Englsih sounds good ,but it may work for hard-working ones :x
hoanggia

Post by hoanggia »

ngphuongtu wrote:1. Cares for students in every meeting: not suitable nowadays, because modern studying method requires students to be active and independent. When students are doing exams, no teacher beside them, how can they manage to finish them?
2. Talks closely and friendly with students: This is the most preferable choice to me. It helps to reduce the formal border between teachers and students. Sts can discuss things freely and receive advice or correction from their teachers.
3. Explains everything in the mother language: When studying English, I'd like the teacher to explain new words in English, then I myself find the equivalent Vietnamese words. But I think no need. Sts should themselves look up the words as well as their usage and take notes. By doing that, they can remember the words longer
Do you have any comments on this answer???
Can you follow these tips ?
How hard do you think it may be??
:?:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

hoanggia wrote:Bravo ,why dont you guys vote the poll /Pls do it.
Sorry, I don't vote because I like none of them. :roll:

1.Cares for students in every meeting: There are many students in the class so the teacher CAN'T care for everyone every meeting. Otherwise, if the teacher cares for them too much, they can't find their own way to self-study.

2.Talks closely and friendly with students: Not all the times could the teacher talk closely and friendly to students. Sometimes students are too lazy so the teacher can be angry with them.

3.Explains everything in the mother language: the worst way ever.
hoanggia wrote:stick to Englsih sounds good ,but it may work for hard-working ones :x
I don't think so. Everyone can do that except you don't want. Day by day, it'll become your habit to use English all the time.

_Arale_
dangshevaMrJ

Post by dangshevaMrJ »

The teacher is a guide for studying. Offer the student ways to study. I like the teacher who gives me the methods and let me pick out the best way fix to me.Caring the students enough to find when students get wrong ways and take them to right ones.Teachers are very important people in society. But being good teachers is so difficult. :lol:
hoanggia

Post by hoanggia »

YEAH I AGREE TO YOU ALL HERE
HOWEVER, DO YOU THINK TEACHING IS A HARD WORK??DO YOU THINK THE TEACHER NEED TO BE /MUST BE REALLY IMAGINATIVE/CREATIVE? :idea:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

hoanggia wrote:YEAH I AGREE TO YOU ALL HERE
HOWEVER, DO YOU THINK TEACHING IS A HARD WORK??DO YOU THINK THE TEACHER NEED TO BE /MUST BE REALLY IMAGINATIVE/CREATIVE? :idea:
Well I think it's esential. We must be creative so we can motivate students. I like my students to have fun in class and learn at the same time.
minhquang

Post by minhquang »

The best way to learn languge is to live with it,English is no exception. I think it depends on the level of programme then the teacher may choose suitable way of teaching.For example,for kid level,teacher need to be creative,easygoing,and use both English and mother language, some English games may be a good choice to make them more interested in teaching period.
But in higher classes like Toefl class,teacher should make all conversations in English,student of Toefl class can't complain about you because this is Toefl class,if they want to speak in Vietnamese,or some game, plz go to lower level.Shouldn't put students at different levels at the same class cuz it affects both quality of learning and teaching
Anyways,as you said to us,Mr.Gia, Teacher is just a guider,so the result depends much on student efforts
hoanggia

Re:

Post by hoanggia »

minhquang wrote:The best way to learn languge is to live with it,English is no exception. I think it depends on the level of programme then the teacher may choose suitable way of teaching.For example,for kid level,teacher need to be creative,easygoing,and use both English and mother language, some English games may be a good choice to make them more interested in teaching period.
But in higher classes like Toefl class,teacher should make all conversations in English,student of Toefl class can't complain about you because this is Toefl class,if they want to speak in Vietnamese,or some game, plz go to lower level.Shouldn't put students at different levels at the same class cuz it affects both quality of learning and teaching
Anyways,as you said to us,Mr.Gia, Teacher is just a guider,so the result depends much on student efforts
Hi ,it's great to be able to get back after such a decade
It has been 3 years since the last time i was here and i feel like this topic has lots to be talked about. The roles of teacher and students to some extend have been conversed ;sts became more active and independent and sometimes rebelious ( if you see my point here), some teachers stop in their learning and turn around and about with their old limited knowledge which does more harm than any good to students.One student of mine told me this late afternoon that he used to have a boring time in his college study because he had been fed up with the boring and passive ways of teaching in his collecge.This was so bad that he became rebelious by biting back( talk back abruptedly ) to his lecturers ( ill mannerd , i guess)
The question is now: what can you say about this phenomenon and how to deal with a rebelious st like him?
any ideal will be greatly welcomed!