How can you help your parents stop argueing??

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

meninpyjamas

How can you help your parents stop argueing??

Post by meninpyjamas »

My parents argue twice a year. Each time lasts for about 1 day but they don't talk to each other about 1 week. They say they would divorce, my dad go to my grandfather's house, I stay with my mother.
HOw can I stop them from argueing??
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Just twice a year? Man, you're so lucky.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Very sad for you...:cry: They just need time, I guess
to understand each other.
greencat
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greencat »

Oh, my parents argue at least once a month.
Don't worry, it's just kind of misunderstanding. When they work out, things will be alright.

People often say silly things when they get angry,'cause they say without thinking, just to ease the anger. but after calming down, they will regret and change their attitudes.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

My parents argue every day :lol:
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Admiral wrote:My parents argue every day :lol:
Hahaha, almost same here. :lol: My parents were arguing almost all the time, threatening each other about divorce and such but lol, they lived at each other side for 32 years until they died. I never understood it was love or hate that kept them in this marriage but I knew they would never get divorce anyway. :P Lol, women and men's relationship is such a mysterious thing, you never know the true definition of it. :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hello!!! I'm not good at talking about this topic, but what I can say that this situation is that they ( parents) are the only ones who can fix their arguments! My parents fight all the time because my dad loves drinking and my mom HATES it ( that's why I don't like drinking), and honestly is something that I had to face when I was growing up. ( I still face).

What I can recommend you, is not losing your mind and not be part of that proble. Keep your distance or it'd be worse. I tell you that because of my personal experience!

I hope everything goes well, and as Dixie said above "Lucky you".

Kisses!
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Well I think the best advice for you is to know: A husband and a woman who argue with each other twice a year are the most wonderful couples ever and their love will last forever.

Why do we argue with our husband/wife? Because we want them to be more perfect, because we want to care for them, to show them the right way, and to love them. If they never argue with each other, that would mean that they don't love each other.
feanor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by feanor »

i think there is no way to stop them, may be it is somehing about the nature of the marriage. but you r lucky though, at least they r still married. my parents' fierce arguments ended up with divorcement.
meninpyjamas

Post by meninpyjamas »

feanor wrote:i think there is no way to stop them, may be it is somehing about the nature of the marriage. but you r lucky though, at least they r still married. my parents' fierce arguments ended up with divorcement.
Sorry to hear that.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

You should worry more when they stop arguing. My marriage broke up because my x-husband could not stand any form of confrontation. Any relationship that is a good one; will have confrontation at some point or another. It is about communicating.

I think your parents actually have a healthy relationship by the sounds of it. Hang in there, I bet hey work it out.
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mamuta »

I agree with Oriani: keep your distance! It's a nature of marriage. And divorce is not the end of the world: I based on my own experience, I'm divorced. And believe me, we are better parents than couple. :)
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Shazzam and mamuta, I hope you're happy now and not being too affected because of getting divorced!
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

It's really opposite with my parents, so dont know how to say a good advice for u. Just say you might be a necessary and important factor among them.
Seafarer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Seafarer »

Divorce is the best solution. If my parents had managed it, my mother's blood pressure wouldn't be so high now cause of my father! I mean she would be more healthy!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:( :arrow: This is really a sad situation. But even brothers and sisters do argue, so I think, there's no way to stop them. But they will eventually reach a compromise.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How can you help your parents stop argueing??

Post by sweethuman »

I am myself searching a better solution to prevent them from arguments. Unfortunately they argue almost 4 to 5 times a month
Lexori

Re: How can you help your parents stop argueing??

Post by Lexori »

Twice a year is perfectly normal. Being around someone 365 of the year you're bound to get pissed off at something they do.