EC Discrimination ???

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, EC, Dixie

Have you percibe discrimination at EC

yes
6
50%
what cases??
2
17%
No
4
33%
 
Total votes: 12

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

EC Discrimination ???

Postby Elba » Thu May 31, 2007 1:01 am

Particulary I think EC is one of the best sites to learn and practice English, not only because of the forum, but also all the resources in this space, like tools, links, chat, etc.
But sometimes I have seen too some atitudes of EC members that make me feel could be a grade of discrimation.
I hope I will be wrong, but I like to know if anyone percibe that feeling, maybe is my imagination, but in order to this website would be even better I want to invite to the comunity to give the opinio:
Feel free to say if you think there is discrimination, and -without mention any name- express your feelings.
I know I´m not the administrator, but I think this will help you a lot to be better.

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Postby Vega » Thu May 31, 2007 10:06 am

Double standarts.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Thu May 31, 2007 1:08 pm

Too few chicks.

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:21 am

Discrimination about what?

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:50 pm

Oriani, my dear girl, in this world there are too much forms of discrimanation: bu age, by color skin, by weight, by nationality, by religion, by hair color, by...by...by...

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: EC Discrimination ???

Postby MissLT » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:14 pm

Elba wrote:Particulary I think EC is one of the best sites to learn and practice English, not only because of the forum, but also all the resources in this space, like tools, links, chat, etc.
But sometimes I have seen too some atitudes of EC members that make me feel could be a grade of discrimation.
I hope I will be wrong, but I like to know if anyone percibe that feeling, maybe is my imagination, but in order to this website would be even better I want to invite to the comunity to give the opinio:
Feel free to say if you think there is discrimination, and -without mention any name- express your feelings.
I know I´m not the administrator, but I think this will help you a lot to be better.

Examples?

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Postby Vega » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Elba wrote:Oriani, my dear girl, in this world there are too much forms of discrimanation: bu age, by color skin, by weight, by nationality, by religion, by hair color, by...by...by...


Agree with you. :P

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:24 pm

Leny Trann wrote:Examples?


What examples Leny, better giver your opinion, do you think discrimination exist here or not, why??
Maybe Elba is totally wrong ¡¡!!

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:24 pm

I do think you're wrong, why don't you give your reasons, Elba?

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:23 pm

Of course I´m going to give my reazons.
You know, as a journalist I don´t use to be silent, but I want to know the opinion of the EC members.
It is not for my proteccion, it is because of an experiment: Every day we talk about multiple topics, some of them to improve our lifes, our relations, our world, but when we must to talk about any problem, a situation, a special behaivoir in the local comunity our option is to be silent. If we want to have a better world we musto to begin for have a better comunitty.
But 100 per cent of people prefer stop talkin, the reazon, don´t get in troubles. Then how we supposed we wopuld get a better world???
Give your opinion please, and VOTE, only VOTE

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:27 pm

Well.. I don't know.. maybe when an EC member doesn't write well? Hahahah.. well I don't know :? We have to analize the situation because If you have seen any discrimination here it's because there is.. don't u think, guys? But so far, I haven't noticed it!!!!

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:57 am

Elba wrote:Every day we talk about multiple topics, some of them to improve our lifes, our relations, our world, but when we must to talk about any problem, a situation, a special behaivoir in the local comunity our option is to be silent. If we want to have a better world we musto to begin for have a better comunitty.
But 100 per cent of people prefer stop talkin, the reazon, don´t get in troubles. Then how we supposed we wopuld get a better world???
Give your opinion please, and VOTE, only VOTE


Do you refer to any specific topics?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Elba wrote:
Leny Trann wrote:Examples?


What examples Leny, better giver your opinion, do you think discrimination exist here or not, why??
Maybe Elba is totally wrong ¡¡!!

This is just the problem of communicating. People always have different opinions, and since this is online others could interpret those opinions in many ways depending on whatever tone they're using to read the posts. For example, when I said examples in my previous post, it means I've already given out my opinion about this situation; I don't see where the discrimination lies at EC. Therefore, I'd like to see the posts that made you feel this way. You, on the other hand, didn't seem to get it and be a bit irritated. Maybe it's just me who read your intention wrong.

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:23 pm

Lennytran wrote:Maybe it's just me who read your intention wrong.





Yeah Lenny, you read wrong. Let me explain: Every day newspapers published news about different topics, coments about that, and some make polls. AGREE??
This is a poll, like another polls in this forum because this is the objetive of "polls and voting" forum.
If any newspaper made a poll about dogs peeing on the streets that no means that the editor in cheef be molest because of a dog peeing in front of his/her house, ofice etc.
Maybe the editor see the dog doing that and thought: "Could be boter for people??", Do the citizens worry about??" and too much questions. Then decide to do a poll.
In that case I see lots of topics, some are creative: "Wallpapers for EC"; some funny "Happy Birthday Dixie", some politics:"Which president do muslims hate".
And there are multiple replies and some topics never get a reply.
What does people who post thought about of "no answer" or about the answers???.

Does anyone could think that is discriminated for any reazon???

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:05 pm

I don't see the relation between your example you just made and the poll, which the question is not clear. Anyway, good luck finding your answer. I don't have time to see who will have the last word in this confusion.

jrkp
Gold Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Venezuela

Postby jrkp » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:51 pm

Regarding myself, I haven´t felt any type of discrimination in this forum so far, even thought I haven´t been using it for long time. I´+ve noticed some guys here have a very dark sense of humor and sometimes that could be taken as offensive but that is not my case at least...

Elba wrote:
Lennytran wrote:Maybe it's just me who read your intention wrong.




And there are multiple replies and some topics never get a reply.
What does people who post thought about of "no answer" or about the answers???.

Does anyone could think that is discriminated for any reazon???


Not at all!!!!! If a post don´t get any replies is because the subject is considered not interesting enough, not because we deliberate put aside in some way the guy who did the post. As far as I know, This forum is democratic and we have the chance to choose whatever topic we want to discuss.

Whereas, If you post anything, you have to be aware that some of the replies won´t like you, but it doesn´t mean that we are discriminating. As Lenny said, all depends on the tone you use to say it. Besides, I don´t think that you want to discuss a subject and realise that everyone is agreeing with you. If that happened, it wouldn´t be called a discussion, don´t you think?

Besides, the rules to posting here are made to avoid that kind of situations ocurr and so far, As far as the users respect the rules, I think we won´t have any problems with discrtimination.

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:09 pm

I didn´t open that topic to get a "last word" dear, I only post a poll.

I didn´t open the pool to get "my answer", I only open a poll.
All polls arround the word are made to get averages, percentages and stablish lines of study.

Sometimes people prefer the silence and this is the worst option. I think.

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:16 pm

Great! JRKP,
Finally someone give an opinion. It is the objetive, give opinions and not to think that the member who post the topic has a problem of discrimination.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:29 pm

Everyone discriminating me all the time. by being too ugly, too stupid, too male, not compliment my appearance, not being beguiled of my kindness and highness. But I'm not moan.. nor I groan. As current emperor of universe, I must take it all without complaining.. How else I could be emperor of defender of the universe.

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:25 pm

Lucia wrote:Elba, you seem to want your cake and eat it. You say you only post a poll but ask for opinions and ideas. Also, you need to define discrimination for your poll. As you say, there are many types today. Also your poll is not scientific. 3 questions, but one of them (middle one) is nonsense, and will draw answers from the third one. So you have "weighted" your poll. This is unfair and NOT professional for a journalist!!! Please talk to a pollster.


Good, another opinion!!, people begin to talk.

Hardi wrote:Everyone discriminating me all the time. by being too ugly, too stupid, too male, not compliment my appearance, not being beguiled of my kindness and highness. But I'm not moan.. nor I groan. As current emperor of universe, I must take it all without complaining.. How else I could be emperor of defender of the universe.


This was excellent :lol: :lol: :lol:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests