To turn email notifications ON or OFF go to [Username] > User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options

Talent

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Post Reply

Are you talented?

Yes
4
50%
No
4
50%
 
Total votes: 8

User avatar
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Talent

Post by Vega » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:15 pm

Who do you consider a talented person? Or, what the criteria a man should have to be considered talented?

Are you talented?

User avatar
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Oriani » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:22 pm

Yes!!! I'm a good musiciam and singer!!!! :wink:

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:04 pm

I wish I could play piano as Oriana does. Or sing! I loved singing when I was small.

I also wanted to be a writer. Write lots of books and be respected for my work.

It is OK to imagine; however, not all of us have a talent :cry:

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:08 am

I wish I were.

jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by jrkp » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:02 pm

It says that everyone has a hidden talent. Sadly, I haven't discovered mine yet..........
Last edited by jrkp on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrkp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by jrkp » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:03 pm

Oriani wrote:Yes!!! I'm a good musiciam and singer!!!!
That's pretty cool!!! I hope one day I can hear you singing...

What kind of instrument do you play? I just play "el cuatro" and the only song I know is "Cam-bur-pin-ton"... :)

User avatar
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Re: Talent

Post by mamuta » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:52 am

Xkalibur wrote:Who do you consider a talented person? Or, what the criteria a man should have to be considered talented?
For me a talent is a possibility which has been given to us. We can use it or not. If you support it with hard work you should gain really impressive effects. And there is one little difference between talented people and swots or workaholics: a pleasure... :D

User avatar
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1535
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Talent

Post by Vega » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:02 am

mamuta wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:Who do you consider a talented person? Or, what the criteria a man should have to be considered talented?
For me a talent is a possibility which has been given to us. We can use it or not. If you support it with hard work you should gain really impressive effects. And there is one little difference between talented people and swots or workaholics: a pleasure... :D
What a wonderfull word!...D

User avatar
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Oriani » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:44 pm

jrkp wrote:
Oriani wrote:Yes!!! I'm a good musiciam and singer!!!!
That's pretty cool!!! I hope one day I can hear you singing...

What kind of instruments do you play? I just play "el cuatro" and the only song I know is "Cam-bur-pin-ton"... :)
Hahaha. Now Venezuela is ours.. hahahah.. you know what I mean???? Well, I know Violin, Piano (But Dixie plays better than me) , and flute.. and Of course a little bit of "Cuatro" (four in English)!! I used to play With the National Orchestra!!. Maybe when I go to Merida, I'll sing something for you..By the way,there was a Poetry Slam in my college ( in English) and I sang "Because You loved Me" By Celine Dion... :wink:

User avatar
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Oriani » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:48 pm

Dixie wrote:I wish I could play piano as Oriana does. Or sing! I loved singing when I was small.

I also wanted to be a writer. Write lots of books and be respected for my work.

It is OK to imagine; however, not all of us have a talent :cry:
Never is too late to start a dream.. You can do it! :wink:

User avatar
chiemdu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:44 am
Status: English Learner

Post by chiemdu » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:37 am

i wish i knew whether i and my friends are talented or not.

User avatar
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by mamuta » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:23 pm

chiemdu wrote:i wish i knew whether i and my friends are talented or not.
...so try to check it! Sing or dance or play football or...whatever :lol:

User avatar
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Oriani » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Being talented is also know how to communicate, to speak, to write and some other things: Build houses, create new things or even being talented to tell lies :evil:

Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other

Post by Hardi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:53 pm

I'm talented. I have many good talents, and the best Talent of mine, is the talent of hope, that I haven't discovered my best talent yet.

User avatar
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Oriani » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:55 pm

Good point. :!:

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Bambang » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:57 pm

mamuta wrote:
chiemdu wrote:i wish i knew whether i and my friends are talented or not.
...so try to check it! Sing or dance or play football or...whatever :lol:
Yeah, that's a good suggestion.

It's worth trying.

It's not that hard to find out your talent my dear Chiemdu.



My dear Mamuta, you rock.

User avatar
chiemdu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:44 am
Status: English Learner

Post by chiemdu » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:18 am

:lol: i can dance, sing, of course can play football either... but not too well, that cannot be considered i have talents....ok, i have found sth, I'm talented because i can stay up late for the whole 2 days continually. :lol:

User avatar
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am

The "touch the car" event.

Post by Bambang » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:07 am

Chiemdu wrote:I'm talented because i can stay up late for the whole 2 days continually.
You got it, my dear.

You could come to Jakarta-Indonesia and participate in a contest called "TOUCH THE CAR". All you have to do is to keep touching the car. The winner is the person who can keep putting his hand on the car for the longest time.

The prize is the car itself.

User avatar
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Talent

Post by Annaa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:11 pm

I thinkthat everyone has talent for something,many times I asked myself which is my talent :?: :shock: ,but really I don`t know.I can dance very good and when I want I can nervous people very fast :lol: :lol: .Maybe later I`m going to discover another talent.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..

Post Reply