Plastic bags and the environment

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

hazel

Re: Plastic bags and the environment

Post by hazel »

plastics bags are due to plastic
:evil: we should make plastic bags because the other bags are less resistent
:prof: the greenhouse effect is good in a little part because the co2 retains a part of the heat caused by the sun
:geek: the green peace people say that it is very bad but in a little part is good because of this they are wrong
the plastic bags are more rresistent than the paper bags and we don´tcut down the trees and for the fabric bags we need to take products of animals and because of this the plastic bAgS ArE GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!
the plastics bags are bad because if you put it onyour head you can´t breath
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I hope the buddy above is ok though he's practising making experiments with breathing with a head stuck in a plastic bag still...

A single voice for paper bags - doesn't matter they are less resisitent - recycling can solve the problem without cutting trees actually - it's easier to recycle paper than plastic, by the way, where do you live in? Because here I don't know any present for the recycling - just future plans, moreover - here the government is planning to build 6 litter-burning plants. Absolutely preposterous idea in a 12+ million citizen city...
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I have heard that actually it could be possible to produce biodegradable plastics and etc with same price that used for petroleum-based plastics. But it's stick in technology everything is oriented to produce petroleum-based plastic and it would be too trouble some to switch.

Well I don't know if it's true. I only know there can buy biodegradable plastics bags for garbage or dog's poop, but they seems little more expensive.

There seems more information in wikipedia about it, but I didn't read it through, because I'm too tired.. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodegradable_plastic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioplastic
rowenalee

Post by rowenalee »

I hope that all markets will get rid of using plastic bags instead they have to use paper bags or they should provide rattan baskets to every customers. In this way we could protect our planet earth from potential damage and further global warming.
benhur

Post by benhur »

The government should have a specific law to forbid plastic bags to be used.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

rowenalee wrote:I hope that all markets will get rid of using plastic bags instead they have to use paper bags or they should provide rattan baskets to every customers. In this way we could protect our planet earth from potential damage and further global warming.
Paper is made of trees, there are no enough trees for every Earth-inhabitant's purchases :-(
netsem

Post by netsem »

Plastic bags are very harmful on environment. It is also bad for mankind. There is not reuse of these products. That's why some governments are making ban for using of plastic bags.
deakce

Post by deakce »

netsem wrote:Plastic bags are very harmful on environment. It is also bad for mankind. There is not reuse of these products. That's why some governments are making ban for using of plastic bags.
Benefits would be:

Cleaner air. Because plastic is burning toxins.

Less flood. Because bags are clogging up sewer systems
TutorVanessa

Post by TutorVanessa »

Agreed. Plastic bags are really bad for the environment! It should have never been invented..

There are many alternatives to using plastic bags.

Here's something interesting for you: A plastic garbage patch floating in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

It's real!!

Post by deakce »

Thanks, That's really interesting for me...
Now it's for you: ziplock plastic bags
erikasha

Post by erikasha »

openenglish wrote:I use those plastic bags for lining the small trash cans in my house or for picking up after my dog. Still, I think it would be so much better if people used their own reusable bags to carry their groceries.

its really nice work you r doing. dud :-) 8-)
jennyj

Post by jennyj »

I agree with you {-:
jennyj

Post by jennyj »

catchfoundation

Post by catchfoundation »

Catch Foundation has introduced this initiative to minimise plastic use by introducing specially made multi-pocket Smart Bags that are distributed to more than 6000 families today for various purchases such as fruits, food , and clothing.

Support us by visiting: https://catchfoundation.in/say-no-to-si ... stic-bag/
ambpickler

Post by ambpickler »

It's a problem we've been struggling with for a long time. Of course, it benefits the stores, because it's their profit. We start with ourselves, we buy waxing napkins, we sort the garbage, it's easy enough.