Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I broken a mirror.

Post by Hardi »

Will I have now 7 Years bad luck?

I went to market place today, to buy new pants.There wasn't a right room where to try them on. The seller man insisted me to use a small room in back of his store. It was really cramped. He gave me an mirror. Rounded one, that wont stay up! Well in end when I decided which pants I buy and was about to leave from the backroom, the mirror decided to fall and get broken. I didn't had to bay for mirror, but I didn't get discount either.

Now, will I have the bad luck? Or will the store/mirror owner have bad luck? I hope no one have, but really, it would be better if it's not me. I once broke an very small mirror and have had only bad luck.

Maybe I should go and search 4 leafed clover leafs now, to turn my luck. But where I can find them. could I find some in snow. :-P Probably I would find only dogs poop instead.
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: I broke an mirror.

Post by sweets »

do you really belive with these things

do not worry iam sure you will find sonething might change ur luck {-:

cheeeeeeers
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: I broke an mirror.

Post by Hardi »

Well believing or not. But It did feel bad to broke it. I think I don't believe, but if you broke property of some one else. It doesn't feel good. Even if it looks like an old thing. And even if the owner says it's okay no need to bay for it.. I don't know I didn't feel well. So I would say it can be bad luck to broke an mirror, but as omen? Who knows. It can't be proved, so there isn't believing or not believing.

And, Well I received an complain that the forum is too deserted. So I thought to show some activity and post something. :)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: I broke a mirror.

Post by Dixie »

I hope you don't mind I edited the title. We use "an" when the next word begins with a vowel, which is not the case :-P
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I don't mind. Why do u use an only there... I don't see there any reason why it wouldn't fit with non vowels.

And now I have to go to research what the hell are vowels. So yes, I still mind!
sanjadz
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sanjadz »

I don't think breaking a mirror brings bad luck. I'm not superstitious.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: I broken a mirror.

Post by Krisi »

May I know where'd you learn the superstitious belief of a broken mirror? And the 4 leafed clover, I have no idea what's that?
Could someone help me please? :roll:

thanks.
esl member since 2007
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I have heard it from many people. That breaking mirror will bring 7 years of
unfortunate love.

But I think it's better to not believe it. If you believe it. It might really become true. :) So I don't.

About four leafed clover.. Here is an article in wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clover#Sym ... _mythology

I'm sure u can find more by google.

I have sometime found some four leafed clover, when I was kid. I ate them. I thought that's the most sure way to make it true. :P
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Hardi wrote: I have sometime found some four leafed clover, when I was kid. I ate them. I thought that's the most sure way to make it true. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: Is that true?

then how did it taste Hardi? :lol: :-P
esl member since 2007
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

It doesn't taste very good. Although cows and other grass-eating animals like it. Clover is widely used to grow in agriculture as for animal food. And it does good for soil too.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Hardi wrote:It doesn't taste very good. Although cows and other grass-eating animals like it. Clover is widely used to grow in agriculture as for animal food. And it does good for soil too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you're funny Hardi! I think you watched them while they eat huh!

Hardi wrote: About four leafed clover.. Here is an article in wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clover#Sym ... _mythology
I'm sure u can find more by google.
Thanks for that link Hardi!
esl member since 2007
(((Edu)))
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by (((Edu))) »

I have heard such conversation since I was a child. Actually I killed many cats and nothing has heppened to me regards this crimes.
searchlight

Post by searchlight »

Superstitions are something..they actually eat you up.Drive you to that madness when you stop believing in yourself.be careful about them.