Have you fallen in love with an older man/woman than you ???

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Have you fall in love of an older man/woman than you ???

Yes, the age is not important
11%
No, definitly
67%
Maybe
22%

Total votes: 9

Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Have you fallen in love with an older man/woman than you ???

Post by Elba »

How many of you have prejudice about go out with a woman/men older thant you?
How much older?
How many of you have prejudice about fall in love of that person?
Would you be able to go to a party with him/her?
or would you feel embarased in the party?

START the discussion!!!!!!!!!
southrnpride

Re: Have you fall in love of an older man/woman than you ???

Post by southrnpride »

I wouldn't go out with a guy who's more than five or six years older. Seven would be kind of pushing it. They could be a perfectly great guy, but the age difference could mean that we would want different things in life and have a different perspective. People in their thirties are starting to think about getting married and having a family, but younger people probably aren't coming from the same place. In my opinion, it's better to date people who are at about the same stage in life. Eh, I'm still young so I might change my mind later.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

southrnpride wrote:I wouldn't go out with a guy who's more than five or six years older. Seven would be kind of pushing it. They could be a perfectly great guy, but the age difference could mean that we would want different things in life and have a different perspective. People in their thirties are starting to think about getting married and having a family, but younger people probably aren't coming from the same place. In my opinion, it's better to date people who are at about the same stage in life. Eh, I'm still young so I might change my mind later.
You'll find that 7 years older is a very small difference to you after you have "grown up" too. Age has little to do with what people want in life. Wisdom has more to do with it! Find a man that you see wisdom in that you can trust to make good decisions. Marriage is never 50/50, somebody has to bend. If you cant do that then don't get married.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

danyet wrote:
southrnpride wrote:I wouldn't go out with a guy who's more than five or six years older. Seven would be kind of pushing it. They could be a perfectly great guy, but the age difference could mean that we would want different things in life and have a different perspective. People in their thirties are starting to think about getting married and having a family, but younger people probably aren't coming from the same place. In my opinion, it's better to date people who are at about the same stage in life. Eh, I'm still young so I might change my mind later.
You'll find that 7 years older is a very small difference to you after you have "grown up" too.
Oh, how he's right, southrnpride. I have an 11-years gap with my sister and her husband and their friends. When I was a teen I thought I'm so small and they were grown-ups and probably we would never be able to communicate like people of the same age. Believe 10 years and 20 years - it's an abyss between, 20 and 30 - a gap, and when you're 40 you can easily deal with someone of 50.
Asep
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Have you fallen in love with an older man/woman than you ???

Post by Asep »

Well, I'll give it some thought...
Serg

Post by Serg »

It's doesn't matter when each of them quite young. But when one of partners will become old it would be problems. Because one partner will become weaker but another will be in the prime of life. :cry: (It's a thought about big difference)
Jessiejin

Post by Jessiejin »

Actually I don't imagine whether I will fall in love with an older man as at present I love my husband very much. But I think it's ok if I do fall in love with an older man. I will go shoppint together with him just as usual.
Please don't hesitate to let me know my mistakes in grammar, vocabularies, or anything else. Thank you in advance.
cindyislucky

Post by cindyislucky »

in my opinion, it's OK if he's just 10 years older than you or less. If not, he will have a different thinking way from you so you can not confide everything to him. Day by day you will get depression.
eggplant

Post by eggplant »

I don't want fall in love with any man who is from 5 years older than me. I beleive that such men will control me and have much power than me in the family. If day by day, you have to live with a husband who always wants to make orders on you, how is your life going? If an older man asks me out on a date, I will never accept.
cindyislucky

Post by cindyislucky »

eggplant wrote:I don't want fall in love with any man who is from 5 years older than me. I beleive that such men will control me and have much power than me in the family. If day by day, you have to live with a husband who always wants to make orders on you, how is your life going? If an older man asks me out on a date, I will never accept.
If you want to control your husband, you can get married to a man that is younger than you. I think there isn't "control" concept in a real family. So It's no problem if you get married to a man loving you so much and you also love him too.
eggplant

Post by eggplant »

If you want to control your husband, you can get married to a man that is younger than you. I think there isn't "control" concept in a real family. So It's no problem if you get married to a man loving you so much and you also love him too.
I don't want to fall in love with both younger and older man. And I strongly beleive that the concept "control" somehow exists in many familes where the husband is very older than his wife. On account of different age, the older will have much experience than the younger in terms of life experience, knowledge, viewpoint,etc. As a result, the older may naturally think that their thoughts and acts are better than the younger, and they like to order the younger. However, that 's for sure if a couple loves each other very much, and an age gap will not be a big deal!
Converserly, if getting married with the younger man, I am afraid of seperation happening in family. The husband may become an adultary some days in the future when the time "robs" the wife 's beauty while his age can still help him become a "lady killer".