What would you do in this situation?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Aimee

What would you do in this situation?

Post by Aimee »

A girl belongs to an orthodox family. Her parents love her a lot and do everything she wants. She too love her parents a lot. When she was doing her graduation she had a friend(boy). They two were close. Day by day the friendship has been changed as love. At first the girl refused but then she accepted the boy's love and they started enjoying their life as lovers. The parents believed that they are friends. One day She came to know that her cousin was in love with a boy but that boy cheated her (he was already married) and started threatening her. After hearing this incident the girl's parents said to her that If she loves someone and want to marry that person we will suicide. They ordered her to marry a boy of their wish. She is not able talk with her parents about her love because they are orthodox and very strict in the decision that she has to marry a person of their wish and couldn't forget the boy. The boy suffers a lot because of this bad decision. He loves that girl truly. The girl loves both her parents and that boy. If you are that girl what would you do?????
Oleg

Re: What would you do in this situation?

Post by Oleg »

Hi!
I don't get what her love to the boy has to do with her cousin's affaire?
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Life is very short. And life should be lived for oneself. I think the better she can do is marry that boy and to found a new family. Her parents would have the option to waive their strict regulations and love their daughter without conditions.
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

If I was that girl, I would choose my parents. I think, they do not allow her to marry this boy,because of their differences. I mean they have different interests, point of view and religion. It can destroy their family in future.....
raniaaa

Post by raniaaa »

If i were that girl, i will choose my parents, because my parents knows more than me about the life. I'm sure she will find another good boy in the future.
xeantero

Post by xeantero »

if I was the girl, My parents is my number one choice. I will marry the boy that my parents has been ordered to me. that's the best think that I can do for my parents. Parents and my family will keep remain intact then the boy that I love can find another girl outside there.

just for share my opinion,, however here i'm not that girl..i'm just a man. :D
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

From my point of view I see there are many cultures and each one understand the situation of different form.
In my culture (it is not the better nor the worse), we consider women and men as equals. There are not differences between both sex. So, women can choose freely their husbands and parents don't have, normally, any problem to accept the marriage.
Obviously parents have the responsibility to guide their daughter or son as best as possible. But here the father (or mother) do not imposes nothing, in this case, to his daughter.
Is a culture matter.
All cultures must be respected. Less those who no respect the dignity and physical integrity of the human being.
For all of that, I think in this case, woman has to do what her heart feels. Her life in his main property and with her life she can do what she want to do. Freedom to choose is the essence of freedom to live.