HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, EC, Dixie

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:51 am

Assalam-O-Alaikum Dear Friends,

I congratulate all my Muslim friends in this forum for the forthcoming HOLY month of RAMADAN. May Allah give you the strength to perform good deeds and worship alot in this month of blessing and mercy.

Wish you have a blessed month ahead, And hope your prayers and fasts are accepted in the House Of Allah.



Be happy and spread peace. :-) :-) :-D

getthatjames
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:09 pm
Status: Other
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby getthatjames » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:12 pm

To all my Muslim Friends, may you have a prosperous life this time of Ramadan. I hope we can all find peace in ourselves so as to reflect it on others.

peace to all.

Nanning
Silver Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: mainland China

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Nanning » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 am

I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.
The closing day of fast when big eating is carried out, the streets and everywhere were turned into a big butcher house where cattles were killed, which was not good for sight and somewhat terrible.
hehe, again, I hope you do not mind, and I wish you happiness and health.

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

Nanning wrote:I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.The closing day of fast when big eating is carried out, the streets and everywhere were turned into a big butcher house where cattles were killed, which was not good for sight and somewhat terrible.
hehe, again, I hope you do not mind, and I wish you happiness and health.


Well My friend,
First of all, Being sincere and respectfull to your religion doesnt depend on the religion however on the person who is doing so and his deeds, the same point can be observed in every religion, some people strictly imitate their religion and do good deeds and some dont imitate and commit sins. So it has nothing to do with the religion but the person's own personality, behavior and nature. We can say that all FIVE FINGERS OF THE HAND ARE NOT THE SAME. Offcourse there will be people who will not strictly obey the FASTING laws and rules, and they are responsible for their own deeds.
Secondly, Being a muslim, since I have lived in 3 muslim countries I havent observed so as you mentioned that at the evening the streets turn into a butcher house. We buy things from the market for the IFTARI (Break fast) and meat as well. By the way let me clarify that in ISLAM eating meat of cows, goat, sheep etc are allowed/lawful and we eat them same as most of the people eat pork, in some countries they eat dogs, in some countries they eat snakes, frogs etc.
The living styles and comestible food depends upon ones own likes and dislikes as well as the culture and religion.
I didnt mind your saying. Be Happy.

User avatar
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Catalunya

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Nanning wrote:I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.


I'm not a Muslim. I'm a Catholic and concerning what you say I think it's logical that many people don't participate in its own religion as in the Catholicism there are a lot of people doing the same despite their credences. I consider myself as a non practising catholic. I don't go to the church on Sunday, for example. I pray at home. That issue must be a personal election or at least should be it. Here where I'm living I've seen many Muslims eating pig because they had to do a cruel choice: eating anything or die of hungry. Or simply they eat pig cause they like it.

Nanning
Silver Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: mainland China

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Nanning » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:44 pm

sweethuman wrote:since I have lived in 3 muslim countries I havent observed so as you mentioned that at the evening the streets turn into a butcher house.

I think you have misunderstood me. What I said is the day when all the fast ends, which is another big festival, the name of which I do not remember now, not the evening of a certain day.
Sometimes when there was so much blood here and there, you might thought you were in a battlefield or a crime scene. I had a mixed feeling when I saw a big bull or cattle was brought down without resistance by some people who applied sharp knives to its neck. In my country the biggest festival only sees us killing a chick or a duck, the cutting of pigs or cattles are done by professionals out of the sight of general public.
Once I was invited by a local friend to share his beef, I did not really enjoy the cooking and had a hard time digesting the rough beef and had some pain later.
I can even tell you some Muslim religious bearded guys went to other towns to enjoy movies because they were afraid to be known by local people if they saw films locally. That is what I saw in Bangladesh and absolutely true.

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:16 am

Nanning wrote:
sweethuman wrote:since I have lived in 3 muslim countries I havent observed so as you mentioned that at the evening the streets turn into a butcher house.

I think you have misunderstood me. What I said is the day when all the fast ends, which is another big festival, the name of which I do not remember now, not the evening of a certain day.
Sometimes when there was so much blood here and there, you might thought you were in a battlefield or a crime scene. I had a mixed feeling when I saw a big bull or cattle was brought down without resistance by some people who applied sharp knives to its neck. In my country the biggest festival only sees us killing a chick or a duck, the cutting of pigs or cattles are done by professionals out of the sight of general public.
Once I was invited by a local friend to share his beef, I did not really enjoy the cooking and had a hard time digesting the rough beef and had some pain later.
I can even tell you some Muslim religious bearded guys went to other towns to enjoy movies because they were afraid to be known by local people if they saw films locally. That is what I saw in Bangladesh and absolutely true.


Well my dear that is true, Let me give you a short description regarding it and to clear your misconception that day is called EID-UL-ADHA, it is a religious day when ABRAHAM wanted to slay his son ISMAIL, so GOD sent a sheep instead of it, so he slaughtered that sheep. We celebrate two Holy days in a year that is (Eid-Ul-Fitar) and (Eid-Ul-Adha). It is observed in all muslim countries, and also when the muslims go to SAUDI ARABIA for HAJJ then there is a specific day for it, those cattles and sheeps, cows etc which you mean are slaughtered by muslims, it is apart of our belief and religion and the only reason behind it is that: we distribute the meat of those animals amongst the poor people as charity. (For free).

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:55 am

ArnauEstanyol wrote:
Nanning wrote:I am not a Muslim, but I stayed in Muslim countries for a while, so I want to share something with you if you do not mind.
I saw some people did not really and sincerely observe such festival because they would enjoy eating some food behind others or before foreigners only,some of my Muslim friends even tried to eat some pork for a change, to much surprise of us.


I'm not a Muslim. I'm a Catholic and concerning what you say I think it's logical that many people don't participate in its own religion as in the Catholicism there are a lot of people doing the same despite their credences. I consider myself as a non practising catholic. I don't go to the church on Sunday, for example. I pray at home. That issue must be a personal election or at least should be it. Here where I'm living I've seen many Muslims eating pig because they had to do a cruel choice: eating anything or die of hungry. Or simply they eat pig cause they like it.


Thanks ArnauEstanyol,
This was what I wanted to make him understand. Thanks for the comments. :-)

sweets
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:35 pm
Status: Other
Location: some where behind the sea
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweets » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Ramdam kareem to all of you
may Allah accespt your prays and fast inshalla

thanx to swwethuman who post this topic

Nanning
Silver Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: mainland China

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Nanning » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 am

Actually before you made your explanation, I know everything well enough.
Each time I hear the news of death of pilgrims in Saudi Arabia, which is more often than not, I feel very sad. What is wrong with those guys? Many Muslim people would make prayers five times a day, and ask others with great concern and interests what their religion is, making you think they are so religious that if there was no Islam they would have difficulty to live on,but what they do is the opposite.
If you ask Chinese people what their religion is, they may not have a very clear idea of the question. To them a religion is not just a temple where you have a statue of deity or some prayers said repeatedly at a fixed time, but a way of life which has led the Chinese people through a lot of troubles and survived many difficulties. There is not a dominating tangible religion in form but it exists in the mind of people.

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:13 am

We strongly believe in our religion and just imitate all those paths instructed to us through our Lord, religion, Our Holy book Quran and holy prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) and nothing more in this world.
I dont care what the chinese follow and what they dont since it is their own lives.

It is very easy to criticize in every religion but difficult to respect it. So if we cant respect others religion we are not supposed to criticize. As the matter of fact is that " FOR EVERY HUMAN HIS/HER OWN RELIGION, BELIEF and IDIOLOGY IS GOOD".

User avatar
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Catalunya

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 am

We do nothing good to own religion if we go criticizing the other ones.

I believe in one unique Universal religion that it has been understood of different forms by the different people wide world. Catholics say God, Muslims say Allah and Buddhists say Brahma. But I strongly believe that all of them are the same God. Is for that reason that I respect all people's beliefs less all ones who can hurt people's health and people's dignity.

So, when I pray I'm praying to God, Allah, Brahma, Buddha and a thousand of names more. The name, for me, is not important.

Nanning
Silver Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: mainland China

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Nanning » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Hey,sweethuman brother, you have over-reacted,please calm down. The climate is warm now, so be cool for a while.
I do not think I have criticized Muslims and their religion, but I just made an interesting comparison based on things and reality(I swear what I saw and said were absolute truth), you know, there are always barriers between cultures and peoples. Only when we see the difference can we fully understand the truth and the nature of things.That is why we need some research done on cross-culture communication and we need to visit this very site to voice our opinions.

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:03 am

ArnauEstanyol wrote:We do nothing good to own religion if we go criticizing the other ones.

I believe in one unique Universal religion that it has been understood of different forms by the different people wide world. Catholics say God, Muslims say Allah and Buddhists say Brahma. But I strongly believe that all of them are the same God. Is for that reason that I respect all people's beliefs less all ones who can hurt people's health and people's dignity.

So, when I pray I'm praying to God, Allah, Brahma, Buddha and a thousand of names more. The name, for me, is not important.


Yes ArnauEstanyol, at least if we can adopt and implement the good points amongst all religions we can be a perfect human. ROBERRY,Lying, corruption, torturing other humans, abusing and so on is prohibited is ISLAM, in Christianity, in budhism, in Communism, in sikhism, in jews and so on. Why dont we take all the positive points from every religion to live a peaceful life rather than criticizing other religion's so called negative points, If there is any negative point in any religion according to someone's thoughts so he/she should only adopt the positive ones so he could be satisfied and with a good comportment.

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 am

Nanning wrote:Hey,sweethuman brother, you have over-reacted,please calm down. The climate is warm now, so be cool for a while.
I do not think I have criticized Muslims and their religion, but I just made an interesting comparison based on things and reality(I swear what I saw and said were absolute truth), you know, there are always barriers between cultures and peoples. Only when we see the difference can we fully understand the truth and the nature of things.That is why we need some research done on cross-culture communication and we need to visit this very site to voice our opinions.


Well my dear,
Every one will get furious, if you put such criticizing comments about one's religion this was what you mentioned in your previous post:
(Many Muslim people would make prayers five times a day, and ask others with great concern and interests what their religion is, making you think they are so religious that if there was no Islam they would have difficulty to live on,but what they do is the opposite.)
Yes this is a reality that we muslims would have difficulty without our religion (ISLAM), since all our lifestyle and life depends on our religion and we imitate each and single rule of it as ordered by ALLAH. if any muslim doesnt it is what I mentioned before that ALL FIVE FINGERS OF A HAND ARE NOT THE SAME.
Coming to your latest post, I agree that knowing about religions and beliefs of others is good, your research is also correct, I know it is good for a human to find out the fact and know the reality. however, In a question manner, like a person who is curious to know not to criticize.
I like all humans and humanity.

User avatar
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Catalunya

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Sweethuman. I agree with you.

Under my point of view the first to take in consideration are the persons. You're a Muslim and I'm a Catholic. But first of all we both are persons and, as a person, you have to be treated with all my respect.

You say that we must take the good things of the religions and refuse the bad ones. Okay, but I go beyond. For me good and evil are two relative concepts. What is good for someone can be evil for another one. I think that the good and evil things into the religions have been introduced by the men and don't come as part of the original religion.

You can imagine a coin. The coin has two faces. One face could be the good, and the other one the evil. So both, good and evil, are part of the same coin. For me God or Alah is over that couple of faces. God aren't evil neither good. God overcome the good and the evil.

It's for that reason I don't criticize other religions. What to me is wrong may be good for other people. But always there are limits and must have limitations. I repeat: cannot be respected a person who attempt against the life and rights of other persons in name of his ideas.

The ignorance is the worst men's enemy.

Best regards

maya
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:47 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby maya » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Dear Muslim friends , I wish you a blessed Ramadan

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:51 am

ArnauEstanyol wrote:Hi Sweethuman.



You can imagine a coin. The coin has two faces. One face could be the good, and the other one the evil. So both, good and evil, are part of the same coin. For me God or Alah is over that couple of faces. God aren't evil neither good. God overcome the good and the evil.

I repeat: cannot be respected a person who attempt against the life and rights of other persons in name of his ideas.

The ignorance is the worst men's enemy.

Best regards



I agree with you dear ArnauEstanyol,

Overall, what we need to do is to live peacefully and never try to hurt any one.
Live and let others live. And never criticize any religion because if we do so we definitely hurt the other people feelings and respect.

Be Happy

Elisa
Gold Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:13 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby Elisa » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:50 am

IS THERE a God or not? People have a burning desire to seach for one. Why is that? Maybe God has instilled something in us or pushes us towards Him every once in a while.
But, on a more practical stand, people need to have security in the unknown. They need somewhere to run to with their fears, ignorance, and their problems. Some examples of our ignorances are the concepts of infinity and nothingness. Nonexistance outside the realm of life is a scary thought, for ourselves and our loved ones. Life is uncertain and people need something they can count on. So, if there is a God then he fills these voids. And if there isn't, the belief that he does exist serves the same purpose.
I am not saying that there isn't any.
I'm just saying that God has to help us to live and feel better :!:
[color=#FF4040]OR.....RElIGION SERVES AS A COVER FOR FOR WARS OR PERPETRATE INJUSTICE? :?:
[/color]

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby sweethuman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:05 am

Elisa wrote:IS THERE a God or not? Offcourse there is a GOD. Who is the owner and the LORD of this whole universe. And No religion denies that, because in every religion we believe that there is a owner, a creater, a Lord. And as mentioned by ArnauEstanyol in the previous posts that GOD is known by different names. So we cant deny the existance of GOD.

I am not saying that there isn't any. Offcourse GOD exists so we and the whole universe exists.I'm just saying that God has to help us to live and feel better :!: We should always pray for it
OR.....RElIGION SERVES AS A COVER
FOR FOR WARS OR PERPETRATE INJUSTICE? :?:


Religions are not the base of wars in the world nowadays, but its greed of a human for property, money and the world's other assets or sometimes political issue.

User avatar
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Catalunya

Re: HAPPY RAMADAN (رمضان)

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:53 am

Elisa wrote:IS THERE a God or not?


Hi Elisa. Glad to read you. I agree there are people who believe in God for the fear they have to the unknown. What there is after the death? A good question.

There is a solution about the doubt in the God's existence. The observation: Look at yourself. You'll find out that your body is like a machine. How the machines are made? through the intelligence. Now you can extend this form of thinking to the forests, to the seas and to the all you know. You'll find the same: creative intelligence. One thing doesn't exist if at first someone has had no imagination, will and power to create it.

When you can see this, you'll have found God. This doesn't means that you know God. But you'll been able to distinguish his/her/their/its footprint.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests