Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

You belong to this community!

Post by behnam »

WiLZiN wrote:Forgive me if I bothered any one or tired your minds with some stories or feelings.
And Forgive me for my short, few, prosaic, and worthless posts in this thread.
Hi Wael,

Thank you very much for your sympathetic words. You are a kind-hearted person, and It is an honour to have you here. You belong to this community. Your posts are great, and I always enjoy reading them.

We are not competing with each other for writing long posts! A simple 'Hi' from you means a world to me. Please go on reading and putting posts, and having belief that you are an important member of this group.

As a man, we have to be strong. Be strong Wael! I am sure you don't get what I mean by saying 'be strong!'. Imagine, there is a farm, and the farmer is watering it. Where does the water go? It flows down to the shallow part of the farm! Be the shallow part of the land, water will come there. Be a shoulder to cry on, people will come and put there heads on it! You see, when you are the shallow part of the land, water comes, and when you are standing quietly, butterfly comes! These two theories are in agreement! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 12 April, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by WiLZiN »

Dear friend Mohsen...

Thanks allot for your reply, And your words Condole me.

As you said "This is philosophy of God and human doesn't have enough wisdom to understand this philosophy" yes god is punishing us for what we did and still doing.
We are killing, stealing, scamming, forbidding, and hatting in the name of Islam. as Allah said in the holy Koran: (( وَلَكُمْ فِي الْقِصَاصِ حَيَاةٌ يَاْ أُولِيْ الأَلْبَابِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ )).

I'm glade to be in touch with you dear.

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just
watch what they do."

-- Andrew Carnegie
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Dear friend Behnam...
My older brother...

You are the most wise friend I have ever met, It is an honor to be here with all of you my dear.
I always read and follow your posts and replay, and some times I write replies in the same subject as my post about "Syria... What is really going on" maybe you didn't see it.
If you see me as a weak man, that isn't correct because I'm still here and working to achieve my goal despite all what is happening.
Dear... The water and the butterfly now are choosing the "Self-distancing" option, that's mean I'm alone in this story but I will not fall back.
Please pray for me my dear :-( :-( :-(

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Wilzin,

You may take comfort in knowing that everybody in this forum like you.
God addresses the believers that the law of retaliation makes a security for the members of society, this law was prescribed that in case of murder, the murderer should be executed ,so nobody in the society commit a crime ,so God say that the law of retaliation makes the security for the society.
This is the interpretation of what God has said in Quran 2-179 .
God always have mercy on people ,and when he punishes the people he would like to aware people for avoiding of committing sins. For example may people committing adultery and he punish them by earthquake , flood , hurricane ,drought, activity of volcano …and so on
Furthermore sometimes God tests the believers to measure their faith in order to see who the patients are

وَ نَبْلُوکم بِالشَّرِّ وَالْخَیْرِ فِتْنَةً
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mohsen,

How are you?

Sorry, I wasn't at home so I couldn't reply earlier. Don't worry about me please, since I don't have to go to the frontier and fight, the fight is near my house! {-: :roll:

Anyway, I want to write about spoiled children and upbringing. I think these days the parents need to learn about upbringing before they raise their children. They should know a lot about how to deal with the new generation since now the new generation is smarter but they don't use there smartness in useful things, they use it to deceit their fathers and mothers in term to get what they want.

The parents should know when to say "No or yes" to their kids requests and as you said they should control their kindness. However, these days most parents don't care, they just want to live their life and enjoy it, no matter what would happened to their children or how they will be in the future...

For example, my cousin is just 3 or 4 years old, he eats A LOT in unmoral way; he couldn't stay a minute without eating. However, if his mother didn't give him food, he keep crying till he gets what he wants!!!

Although giving him food isn't healthy for him but his parent keep doing it just to not hear him crying, they feel sad about him and there is another reason too; they don't want to tolerate his voice!!! :-|

My family and me really feel angry of their actions because first of all it isn't healthy for him and he will get sick in the future above that giving him what he wants always, will spoil him. However, we can't say anything because he is just a kid who doesn't know his interest and his parents think that they are {pampering?} him!!! :-| :-( :-(

Thanks for reading.
Wish you the best,
Amal
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Amal,

My worries never be ended unless I see white color in Syria. I remember when my city was striking by missile and air fighters of Sadam forces ( Iraq regime), my parent took me to a garden 50 kms far from the city. One day my brother and I came back home to pick up some thing and took it to the garden. At home I saw that all of windows glasses were powdered ,and the house was full of dust ,the trees and the garden were dried. The color of death covered everywhere . we had a big house (650 sqm).I was very sad ,I never think that I could to sleep in that house again and felt the calmness again. But it happened ,thanks God. I hope it will happen in your country as soon as possible and you come back to your house.

Anyway let me say something about children and parents.

The parents' heart is the source of love for their children. The love for children has been `legislated' by God in the very nature of parenthood. It is normal for a parent to love his or her child; it is abnormal for a parent not to love his or her child. This is the natural law as well as the religious law.
The prophet of Islam said that The child is the master for seven years;but it doesn't mean that the child is free to do everything , it means that the parents are not free to do everything in presence of the child ,because the child is the master ,so when there is a master at home ,the parent should be very polite in front of him/her, the parent should be careful in their behavior.
,the parents should not shout and quarreling ,never use bad words ,not have sex when the child is near to them and …so on.
When parents follow their responsibility correctly ,the child never be spoiled. This is the meaning of the prophet Hadith , but many parent interpret it in bad way.

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

TOLIMO Exam!

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

I am taking TOLIMO exam on 21st of June. TOLIMO stands for The Test of Language by the Iranian Measurement Organization. It is very similar to TOEFL. In fact, it can be said that TOLIMO is an Iranian version of TOEFL. It has different sections. I writing section, the candidates are given a topic to write an essay about it. Candidates must write their essays in 30 minutes. Then they are given 140 questions. Forty questions are about 'Structure and written expression', fifty questions are about 'Reading comprehension', and fifty questions are about 'Listening comprehension'.

About three and a half years ago, I took IELTS exam. It was easy, because in IELTS questions are designed to test candidates' language skills. However, like TOEFL, TOLIMO focuses on their knowledge of the English language. Therefore, candidates have to memorize some grammar points as well as the meaning of many words.

To be honest, I am practising and making myself ready for the exam. Today, for example, I worked on some models test with a very nice friend. We revised some grammar points. It was great.

To practise writing, I've decided to write an essay everyday. I've got a book entitled 'How to prepare for TOEFL essays'. I will copy essays down exactly as it is written in the book. This will help me 'and maybe you, with essay writing.

People attend college or university for many different reasons. Why do you think people attend college or university? Use reasons and examples to support your answer.

People attend college for a lot of different reasons. I believe that the three most common reasons are to prepare for a career, to have new experiences, and to increase their knowledge of themselves and of the world around them.

Career preparation is probably the primary reason that people attend college. These days, the job market is very competitive. Careers such as information technology will need many new workers in the near future. At college, students can learn new skills for these careers and increase their opportunities for the future.

Students also go to college to have new experiences. For many, it is their first time away from home. At college, they can meet new people from many different places. They can see what life is like in a different city. They can learn to live on their own and take care of themselves without having their family always nearby.

At college, students have the opportunity to increase their knowledge. As they decide what they want to study, pursue their studies, and interact with their classmates, they learn a lot about many subjects in their classes. In addition to the skills and knowledge related to their career, college students also have the chance to take classes in other areas. For many, this will be their last chance to study different subjects.

Colleges offer much more that career preparation. They offer the opportunity to have new experiences and to learn many kinds of things. I think all of these are reasons why people attend college.

My comment: The essay is written beautifully and effectively. However, some words such as college and attend are overused. In somewhere, college could have been replaced with university.

As far as I am concerned, the introductory paragraph and the conclusion are written effectively. Some words, for example 'prepare', are used in different structures with different functions. Most importantly, the essay is written coherently.

I hope to read your comments on this essay.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 April, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

I am taking TOLIMO exam on 21st of June. TOLIMO stands for The Test of Language by the Iranian Measurement Organization. It is very similar to TOEFL exam. In fact, it can be said that TOLIMO is an Iranian version of TOEFL. It has different sections. In writing section, the candidates are given a topic to write an essay about it. Candidates must write their essays in 30 minutes. Then they are given 140 questions. Forty questions are about 'Structure and written expression', fifty questions are about 'Reading comprehension', and fifty questions are about 'Listening comprehension'.

About three and a half years ago, I took IELTS exam. It was easy, because in IELTS exam questions are designed to test candidates' language skills. However, like TOEFL, TOLIMO focuses on knowledge of the English language. Therefore, candidates have to memorize some grammar points as well as the meaning of many words for preparation.

To be honest, I am practising and making myself ready for the exam. Today, for example, I worked on some model tests with a very nice friend. We revised some grammar points. It was great.

To practise writing, I've decided to write an essay everyday. I've got a book entitled 'How to prepare for TOEFL essays'. I will copy essays down exactly as they are written in the book. This will help me, and maybe you, with essay writing.

People attend college or university for many different reasons. Why do you think people attend college or university? Use reasons and examples to support your answer.

People attend college for a lot of different reasons. I believe that the three most common reasons are to prepare for a career, to have new experiences, and to increase their knowledge of themselves and of the world around them.

Career preparation is probably the primary reason that people attend college. These days, the job market is very competitive. Careers such as information technology will need many new workers in the near future. At college, students can learn new skills for these careers and increase their opportunities for the future.

Students also go to college to have new experiences. For many, it is their first time away from home. At college, they can meet new people from many different places. They can see what life is like in a different city. They can learn to live on their own and take care of themselves without having their family always nearby.

At college, students have the opportunity to increase their knowledge. As they decide what they want to study, pursue their studies, and interact with their classmates, they learn a lot about many subjects in their classes. In addition to the skills and knowledge related to their career, college students also have the chance to take classes in other areas. For many, this will be their last chance to study different subjects.

Colleges offer much more that career preparation. They offer the opportunity to have new experiences and to learn many kinds of things. I think all of these are reasons why people attend college.

My comment: The essay is written beautifully and effectively. However, some words such as college and attend are overused. In somewhere, college could have been replaced with university.

As far as I am concerned, the introductory paragraph and the conclusion are written effectively. Some words, for example 'prepare', are used in different structures with different functions. Most importantly, the essay is written coherently.

I hope to read your comments on this essay.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 April, 2013

P.S. Some mistakes are corrected. Sorry for posting twice.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

Dr.Behnam jooooooooon;
Congratulations!
Kiss YOU!
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Congratulations dear Behnam on the excellent result of your PhD exam.

Wowwwwww,I knew that you get the best of results, cause you deserved it. Hearing your good news about your exam's result made me very happy. Thanks for sharing your great success and happiness with me. Your happiness is mine too. :-D :-D :-D :-D

We have to hold a party and I'm going to take my " soor" from you! YES! {-; :lol:
I'm not there to have your sweet victory confection, but I want it, I don't know how, but you HAVE TO give me the sweetest confection you can. How? I don't know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

*A million Congratulations from me to my dearest friend on one biggest victories of his life*

Wish you the best,
Elham
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

Iranian Measurement Organization announced the written exam results today. Among about 300 people, I ranked fourth. It means that I passed the written exam successfully. The result was beyond my imagination! Thank God!

The next step is choosing the universities which have my subject(Photonics) in their education program. I am allowed to choose all of those universities. Then, next month, they will invite me for an oral exam. It is like a job interview. Professors will ask me some questions about the subject. In fact, the interview is like a meeting. The professors will test my ability and knowledge. Then they will mark. Finally, in September, Iranian Measurement Organization will announce final results.

For me, it was a great success. Besides God's help and support, some people have played important roles in this success. First of all, I'd like to thank my wife for her encouragement, support, care, and patience. Without her support, it was impossible for me to focus on studying and preparing for exam. She has provided a friendly peaceful and calm atmosphere for me at home. Finally, I have got some wonderful friends. My friends have supported me emotionally. They have encouraged me in achieving this goal. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all friends for what they have done for me. Thank you all very much indeed.

I am really excited. I don't know what to write. Please accept my apology. I do love you so much.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This was a gift from God. God helps people who help each other. You helped me, and God gave us this happiness. I am happy to share this happiness with you.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Second Essay!

Post by behnam »

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Parents shape their children from the beginning of their children's lives. They teach their children values. They share their interests with them. They develop close emotional ties with them. Parents can be very important teachers in their children's lives; however, they are not always the best teachers.

Parents may be too close to their children emotionally. For example, they may limit a child's freedom in the name of safety. A teacher may organize an educational trip to a big city, but a parent may think this trip is too dangerous. A school may want to take the children camping, but a parent may be afraid of the child getting hurt.

Another problem is that parents sometimes expect their children's interests to be similar to their own. If the parents love science, they may try to force their child to love science too. But what if the child prefers art? If the parents enjoy sports, they may expect their child to participate in different teams. But what if the child prefers to read?

parents want to pass on their values to their children. However, things change. The children of today are growing up in a world different from their parent's world. Sometimes parents, specially older ones, can't keep up with rapid social or technological changes. A student who has friends of different races at school may find that his parents have narrower views. A student who loves computers may find that her parents don't understand or value the digital revolution.

Parents are important teachers in our lives, but they aren't always the best teachers. Fortunately, we have many teachers in our lives. Our parents teach us, our teachers teach us, and we learn from our peers. Books and newspapers also teach us. All of them are valuable.

My comment: I don't know why I dislike this essay!

All the best,
Behnam, 15 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Dear Iranian friends...

How are you all?!

please tell me about your news. I'm afraid about you all. May Allah bless you all.

I'm waiting for your replies...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Dear friend PhD. Behnam...

Congratulations my older brother, what a great news. I am very happy for you dear.
Words are not enough to express my happiness and how much I'm proud of you.

I want a "dessert" "تحلاية" for this news, this is one of our Arabic habits "when some one have a good news he should bring desserts to his dear ones".

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

The Third Essay!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Thank you very much for your care. Mit, Eli, Wael, Amal, Seti, Mohsen, Mary, Kami, Roq, Roy, Ami, Vens, Heaven, Sofi, sumi, Shari, .. It is not possible to list all people who have congratulate me in different ways. Thank you very much indeed.

Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Food is a basic part of life, so it follows that improved methods of food preparation have made our lives better. Nowadays we can prepare meals much faster than we could in the past. We can also enjoy a greater variety of food and eat more healthfully, all because of modern methods of food preparation.

Microwave ovens have made it possible to prepare delicious food quickly. people these days rarely have time to shop and prepare meals the old-fashioned way. We live very fast lives. We are busy working, caring for our families, travelling, playing sports, and many other things. Because of microwave ovens, we have time to enjoy a good meal with our family and then play soccer, go to a movie, study, or do anything else we want to afterwards.

Modern methods of preserving food have made it possible to enjoy a wide variety of food. Because of refrigerators, freezers, canning, and freeze-drying, we can eat fruits and vegetables that come from far away places. We can prepare a meal one day and save the leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer to eat at another time. We can keep different kinds of food in the refrigerator or on the shelf. It's easy to always have food available and to be able to eat completely different meals every day.

Healthful eating is easier now than it ever was. Because of modern transportation methods, fresh fruits and vegetables are available all year round. Modern kitchen appliances make it easy to prepare fruits and vegetables for cooking. Bread machines make it possible to enjoy healthful, home-cooked bread whenever we like. We can eat fresh and healthful food everyday because modern methods have made preparation easy.

Our lifestyle is fast, but people still like good food. New food preparation methods have given us more choices. Today, we can prepare food that is more convenient, healthier, and of greater variety than ever before in history.

**********************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 16 April, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,
In fact you got one of greatest achievement in your life ,that is your perseverance which have been proved.
I want to congratulate you for your great success. I wish that your recent success leads to real happiness and satisfaction as well, as you start making a new life. God bless you more!

Good Luck,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Behnam

Post by Kamelia »

How are you doing dear doctor? I used to call you ostad sometimes and you said something like don't Kami, don't! :-D Now I am going to call you doctor and you can't say NO :-D

Everybody congratulated you HERE and I could not so now I am making it up to my dear ostad, or maybe make it up to me, since everyone's talking of the confection so I thought like maybe I was going to miss it LOOOL
No but seriously, congratulations on your big success a million times and no doubt you will pass the interview even better {-;

I cannot state how happy I felt the day I heard of the news, it felt like me myself had won a contest!!!

Hope to hear the next good news so soon, :-D

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Mohsen

Post by Kamelia »

Hello there. How are you doing?

LOL I am writing this post to prove you wrong :-D That I am writing before the next Holiday :-D

Just kidding, dear Mohsen I was reading your post to dear Amal and I was especially attracted to the part where you talked of your parents' old house. I have not lived in old houses with the wonderfully Persian style of their decoration and structure but from what I have seen mostly in books and magazines and our old one which I lived in for nearly about 8 years I can say that no architecture is as cozy and as charming as the old Villa houses. One felt pretty comfortable in them. Now some days ago we were walking in certain streets of Mashhad which have lots of old houses. Some of them were occupied and some not vacant and pretty ruined. Still they were SO beautiful. The lovely colorful windows, wooden doors and windows sometimes, big yards, lovely little gardens, round plumpy columns, especially the type which has four columns on front. Now I wanted to ask you how your old house looked like. And tell me if you like the Villa type or the apartment complex ones?

Hope to read from you so soon,
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Elham

Post by Kamelia »

How are you doing Ellie jo0o0on? How is everything with you? How does spring work on you? Pretty enjoying it or you feel allergic for the first few days? :-D

Thank you so much for the lovely message of friendliness, I dearly appreciate it.

Uh Ellie joon Eid finished as simple as that, even Ab Paria finished and I could not watch the last session, did you? How did it end? :-D But the days after the Holiday are like...uh...drags! I almost got a mountain of stuff to read and evaluate and then to come up with evaluation and critique papers and guess what? I have not even cracked a page, lazy me! :~:

Hmmm...I reached the pc-room and I felt like I need to write to my friends so I just clicked to sing in. But now I am thinking what topic to bring up so that you could write something in return too :-D
Oh wait...in our major we deal with poems a lot. Before this I never liked poetry, I could not understand what they say. I thought like they were just making up stuff so that they seem beautiful. This happened about not all the poets but some of them. It seemed like I could not read poetry on my own, I needed an interpreter like our high school times. But now, I HAVE to read them, it is not the matter of choice or like but a matter of MUST!

I was wondering if you ever felt like me or maybe you never did and were always a fan of poetry. Well in case you fit into the latter case, will you tell me why do you enjoy it? How is it different? Or is it any specially poet you want to mention whom you always enjoyed?

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Amal

Post by Kamelia »

Hi there sweet one. How are you doing these days?

You wrote about how bad you were because you delayed writing to me and I was wondering what AM I comparing to you?!!! :-D I keep writing with long long intervals and then I justify myself with not having internet access here ( not that I lied or anything) but somehow it is too bad to bring excuses everytime. You are an angel comparing to me honey, don't bother! :-D

Oh concerning the joke somebody had played on you, I could kill her if you want me to ( :-D ) , since I hate when somebody tries to play dirty or dangerous stress-causing jokes on my friends! You know what it is horrible when they give themselves the right to make somebody worried like that! It is unfair, because for a moment after reading that text or hearing a call even you could think of millions of things, God knows where your mind treads!

You know something, I think most of the times it goes back to your mentality. If you got a good mentality concerning the cell-phones and the textual jokes then it would be pretty easy for you not to mind them and dissmiss them one by one since you got a background of what MIGHT have been the real content, serious or jokingly. I mean you know that you got friends who might joke with you just trying to make you laugh or something. Now the reverse case, if you got a bad memory or mentality from these texts, like me, then they might be too painstakingly to bear. Actually the past three years and even this year was full of bad and good news that most of them reached me via cell phone. Now tell you what, the bad ones where horrifyingly sad or stressing like the news of my lovely classmate's death. So I got a very sour scene from texts. I am not saying that I am a total pessimist, waiting for bad news from my phone every minute, but that I feel like it IS possible if the person who is sending this text might be TRUE! Then comes the moment when my minds goes a hundred ways making up plots of what might have happened! Do you see what I am trying to say? Well maybe if I did not have those memories I would not think this way.

All in all, I am not saying that it is good that people try to joke with you like this and that it just goes back to your mentality. I consider it a very bad deed but in addition to that I believe in the effect of your previous experiences on how you interpret the texts.

Now tell me, to what extent do you think it right to joke with somebody physically and verbally?

Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Post by Krisi »

This (forum topic) is really a very attractive invitation for English Learners. Congratulations to the organizer(s) and those who supported and still supporting this topic!
It is really nice to know that you have seen the good side of being on this site and how you can make use of what is being offered here to support your English studies.This site is really useful to all of us wanting to learn and improve our English.
I too, had been using this site to support my English studies and also, helped me a lot to improve my reading and writing skills. Though you will find some (most of the time new) members spoiling some board topics from time to time, just don't worry because eventually they will find their way and see for themselves that this site can help them too.
Good luck to all!

(I miss all my English Instructors. Thanks)
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Krisi!

Post by behnam »

Hi Krisi,

Welcome to this thread, and thank you for putting comment. Thank you once again for joining us. You've been on this site since 2007, and you've written more than five thousands posts! That's amazing! You are an experienced learner and writer. I'd like to know where you have put the posts.

Would you mind introducing yourself? What do you do? Your English is excellent. What level you are at?

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi kamelia,
A man enjoy when incite a woman to prove something, I know that you want to say that no no … the fact is something else …

About my old house which I used to live ,it was a big house with ten big rooms, two kitchens, some rooms had arch roof ,and all doors and windows were made of wood.
A pool in middle of yard ,a stone fountain in middle of pool ,in the morning or evening we sat on benches which were around the pool ,eating fruits or tea while the water went to the air by fountain. The pool overflew to the garden. We enjoy swimming and play with water in summer, also cared about fishes not to fell in the garden when the water overflowed .there were also some big red fishes in the pool. The well was full of water; the water was pumped to water source on the roof and then leaded to the stone fountain.
Dear Kamelia , I never lived in the apartment, no experience I have , now I am living in a 200 qm villa house , it is a jail for me.

Women always prove that men are doing wrong .
See you after next holiday.
B.Wishes,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Friends,
Once a ship got caught in a violent storm. It wreaked havoc and the waves cast its wrecks on the sands of the shore. Among them was a sailor who lay senseless on the beach. When he came to his senses, he cursed the sea saying, "The Sea is a cheat indeed. It attracts people with its cool and calm waters and once they are in its grip, it turns furious and destroys them."

Hearing his reproach, the sea felt pinched. But it didn't want to trouble the sailor anymore. So, it came to the sailor in form of a damsel.

"Who are you, O lovely lady?" asked the sailor.

"I am the sea and am as lovely as you see me now. You are blaming me for the wreck but it isn't just." Surprised, the sailor asked, "Who is just then?"

The sea urged, "The wreck was caused by the cruel winds that blew into gusts and gales over me and created stormy waves in my calm waters."

The sailor had nothing to say except feeling sorry for blaming the sea.

Almost all unhappiness in life comes from the tendency to blame someone else. - Brian Tracey

Are the Dzhokar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev reponsible for Boston explosion .
They were from USA , originally they were from Chechen, They had no interest in Islam ,the had no faith, the were good cases for doing a new plan and making a new story against Muslims.

What people do for money ,when their minds washed by Zionists.
Are the USA people believe what the USA media are telling them !!!!

Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Friends,
I heared the voice of their mother from the news, she claimed that her childern were under the FBI control for many years, they couldn't even take one step without police eyes.
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
naseh

Post by naseh »

Hi Dr. Behnam:

You news regarding being the forth among 300 students was for me another Iranian quake.
I think the quake came just as a result of the that news. Earthquakes come because of reasons. so, that news was another quake and made me instead of asking about your live to write to congratulate you!

Dear Dr., Forgive me for my late responses. I have tried many times to post here and suddenly fail. I don't know why?

Please accecpt my latest congrats on the occasion of your success! I kept it late on purpose. I want you to feel that your success is our success as a whole Ummah. You know what? If I was about to congratulate you with people, may be you will be happy for some moments then you will forget your great success. But I want you to stay feeling it longer and know that people are proud of your great achievement!

God bless you,
Naseh
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Defensive

If someone is defensive, the person feels criticized and quickly tries to explain.

Example:

Don't be defensive; I just asked why you didn't vote!
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

8 Qualities of Successful Person

Post by behnam »

8 Qualities of Successful Person

1. Burning Desire
The motivation to succeed comes from the burning desire to achieve a purpose. Napoleon Hill wrote, "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve." A burning desire is the starting point of all accomplishment. Just like a small fire cannot give much heat, a weak desire cannot produce great results.

2. Commitment
Integrity and wisdom are the two pillars on which to build and keep commitments. This point is best illustrated by the manager who told one of his staff members, "Integrity is keeping your commitment even if you lose money and wisdom is not to make such foolish commitments."

3. Responsibility
People with character accept responsibilities. They make decisions and determine their own destiny in life. Accepting responsibilities involves taking risks and being accountable which is sometimes uncomfortable.Responsible people don't think that the world owes them a living.

4. Hard work
Success is not something that you run into by accident. It takes a lot of preparation and character. Everyone likes to win but how many are willing to put in the effort and lime to prepare to win? It takes sacrifice and self-discipline. There is no substitute for hard work.

5. Character
Character is the sum total of a person's values, beliefs and personality. It is reflected in our behavior, in our actions. It needs to be preserved more than the richest jewel in the world. To be a winner takes character. George Washington said, "I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most valuable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

6. Positive believing/Thinking
Positive believing is a lot more than positive thinking. It is having a reason to believe that positive thinking will work. Positive believing is an attitude of confidence that comes with preparation. Having a positive attitude without making the effort is nothing more than having a wishful dream.

7. The Power of persistence
The journey to being your best is not easy. It is full of setbacks. Winners have the ability to overcome.Persistence means commitment and determination. There is pleasure in endurance. Commitment and persistence is a decision. Athletes put in years of practice for a few seconds or minutes of performance.
Persistence is a decision. It is a commitment to finish what you start. When we are exhausted, quitting, looks good. But winners endure. Ask a winning athlete. He endures pain and finishes what he started. Lots of failures have begun well but have not concluded anything. Persistence comes from purpose. Life without purpose is drifting. A person who has no purpose will never persevere and will never be fulfilled.

8. Pride of performance
In today's world, pride in performance has fallen by the wayside because it requires effort and hard work. However, nothing happens unless it is made to happen. When one is discouraged, it is easy to look for shortcuts. However these should be avoided no matter how great the temptation. Pride comes from within, which is what gives the winning edge.
Pride of performance does not represent ego. It represents pleasure with humility.

The quality of the work and the quality and the worker are inseparable. Half-hearted effort does not produce half results; it produces no results.
Excellence comes when the performer takes pride in doing his best. Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it, regardless of what the job is, whether washing cars, sweeping the floor or painting a house.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Maniya

Post by Maniya »

hi Behnam.
I want to know In English, what was the secret to your success? :~:
You are fluent in English so good. {-:
I really can not speak English in public. :oops:
a flower is beautifull for a day
but love a beautifull flower for ever
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Maniya

Post by behnam »

Hi Maniya,

First of all, I'd like to say a warm welcome to you. Welcome to this thread! Thank you for joining us.

You've considered me a successful person in English, and you've said that my English is fluent! Thank you very much for paying some nice compliments. That's very kind and generous of you. However, I am an English learner. My English is neither good nor bad. I just can pull my own weigh! In chat rooms, I have no difficulty in making conversation with people, but I am not fluent at speaking.

About six years ago, when I started to learn the English language seriously, some friends of me used to ask me for the goal of learning English. They used to ask, "Behnam, what's your ultimate goal of learning English?" Once I answered, "A good action doesn't need any motivation or goal. It is a goal itself."

I planted a tree 6 years ago. I've been watering it(looking after it) for 6 years. I can easily say that at least 4 hours a day I've practised different English skills; listening, speaking, reading, and writing. I took every single opportunity to improve my skills and abilities in English. I spent a lot of money, energy, time on it. Some people wrongly think that learning English is easy. On TV, for example, sometimes I see some funny advertisements claiming to to teach English(the to learn it) in 10 sessions, in one month! I often laugh at those advertisements and at people who believe such ridiculous things. Learning a new language is a lifelong process.

After 6 years, in PhD entrance exam, I picked the fruits of that tree! People who are learning a new language must be patient. I believe patience is one of the most important factors in achieving our goals. Obviously, patience plus hard working result in success. Some people are patient, but do nothing. Therefore, it is necessary to be determined, patient and hard working when learning English.

In order to speak in public places, you need to have self confidence. Being confident about your ability is extremely important. Try it, little by little you will gain enough self confidence to speak in public. Don't worry about making mistakes. Even native speakers make mistakes. Try to learn from your mistakes. If we don't make mistakes, we learn nothing.

I have to leave right now. I will write about this topic again.

Please write more about yourself.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hiiii Mohsen

Post by Kamelia »

How are you doing? I hope everything is going on very well with you and your lovely family.
Oh come on! You do not mean that you were provoking me to prove you THAT! LOOL

Anyhow, you succeeded, what comes next? :-D You did me the favor to put more time and write more often, half kidding actually :-D Since I am a bit freer in this time of the year so...

Never mind about Muses stuff, so let's seeeee....your house was quite a dreamy old one! An old mansion with arch roofs and so on :-o that must have been so interesting for you as a a child to wonder and search about the house. I am thinking that children in those eras (not that you are an old man, in no sense :-D ) had much more fun because everything they needed as to serve their curious consciences were already provided by the lovely big house :-D

Thank you so much for telling me about it. You know what made me ask you that? In the Noruz Holidays that we just passed I used to watch documentaries about Persian ancient styles of houses with the gorgeously beautiful architectural design then I kept wondering who could I ask more about it. Oh and most of the houses belonged to Esfahan, Yazd and Shiraz!

So thank you again for making time to write to me about it,

naseh

Post by naseh »

Hi friends,
How are you all? I have to tell about something very important for me and you . Of course, it means I need your help.

This is to let you know, I am going to present my presentation at the college tomorrow morning . My university subject's name is "Practical Research Methods. "

In this subject, our Dr. choose a topic for every student. Then, according to the time and the day you have chosen, you have to stand to perform your topic in front of your doctor and the whole class and according to your performance you can get your marks .

My topic for Monday is about "Participant Observation. " It is very short. but very important for every researcher. It is of two parts, the first one is direct observation. and the second is participant observation.

Participant observation is of two types: openly and secretly participation.

I want your opinions about this topic. It does not matter what it is, just write something you know about the topic .Also, I want to hear those graduated students who have well knowledge and enough experience.

I have gathered enough information and many videos as an example for these two types of observation. One is about an American citizen who have been in Yemen for long time. He is studying Arabic language. He is an example of participant observation who tried to immerse himself in the Yemeni society to know more about their behaviours, habits, and customs. He has entered Islam. But it is indicated from his speech that he is doing a secret research.
The second video is about a British citizen. An Arabic Tv have met him at the street of Old Sanaa. He was chewing Qat as yemenis do. He speaks Arabic good. He is an example of direct observation because he is a joournalist. and trying to gather news. Therefore, no need to immerse him sled in the Yemeni society . I was shocked when I saw this video. This British man was my friend. I have met him alot during the first days of Yemeni revolution. He is a journalist. He worked as an editor for a local English newspaper, Yemen Times, and at the same time was working for the British newspaper, the guardian. His name is Tom Finn.
I hope I can hear from you so soon so that you can enrich my topic. I am going to write to you as soon as I finish my presentation and get access to internet.

Yours,
Naseh
Maniya

Post by Maniya »

good for you Behnam.
I try to speak English and use it in every day conversation but so difficult when you are not in enviroment .because of that You forget so easy.
for example I have a lot of problem in my grammer and I need someone to correct my mistakes Just do not look at me.
I start learning English about two years ago when I was 16.(Safir Language Academic)
my father is upset that I can not speak English during these two years.
It is close to the June exams and this year I have a university entrance exam.
My mind is too involved and I do not know what to do.
:oops: }:
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

How can we correct ourselves?

Post by behnam »

Hi Maniya,

Many thanks for your reply. Safir institute has knowledgeable teachers. After finishing all courses in Kish institute, I went to Safir institute and took part in IELTS skills courses; listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The courses were really useful.

There is a saying in English, 'if you don't use it, lose it'! It comes true when we consider learning a new language. It is the same for all learners.

Obviously, when writing and speaking, we put some words beside together to make a sentence. We must know that putting words randomly beside together hardly creates a correct meaningful sentence. In making conversations structurally correct sentences are necessary. In other words, knowing grammatical rules is important in making effective conversations. There are many methods to learn English grammar. Self-correction is one of the most effective methods. How can we correct ourselves?

When putting words beside together we must care about some rules. In order to make it clear, let me give you an example from your own post:
Maniya wrote: I start learning English about two years ago when I was 16.(Safir Language Academic) my father is upset that I can not speak English during these two years.

These two sentences are written wisely. The first sentence indirectly mentions to your age. It says that you are 18 now! As you know, making conversations and communications in English is one of the main purposes of learning the English language. The conversation has been made perfectly, since I understood what you meant. However, you may intend to improve your grammar. You can do it-to a great extent- by self-correction, but how?

In the first sentence, you are speaking about something which was done in the past. So the tense of verb must be in past simple. Therefore, It must be 'I started learning English about two years ago.' You can ask yourself, which of the following sentences is correct and why?:

a) I started to learn English two years ago.
b) I started learning English two years ago.

Then you refer to some reference books and see that they are a little bit different, but for this case both can be used. When we say 'I stop(start) to smoke', the action isn't done before stopping. In other words, the action will be done after stopping(starting). However, when we say 'I stop(start) smoking', we are doing the action(smoking in this case).

In the second sentence, your father is upset because of something, so that's better to use 'because' instead of 'that'. Plus, 'can not' is a common mistake. It must be 'cannot'. In addition to these minor mistakes, 'during these two years' doesn't make sense. I guess you mean something like this:

Despite taking part in some courses and practising English for two years, I still cannot speak English well, and this has made my father disappointed in me. Or, ...and this has made my father angry with me!

When we use 'during these two years' we emphasis on the duration of time that the action has been done. In the second sentence, you are, actually, complaining about dissatisfaction with your spoken English. Speaking is considered as the result of your learning. In other words, your father expects you to speak quite well now. Therefore, it is incorrect to use 'during these two years' for this purpose!

I don't mean to correct you. What I am saying is that by spending some time on the structures and considering other possible options we can both correct ourselves, write more effectively and beautifully.

I hope that helps!

All the best,
Behnam, 28 April, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Naseh

Post by Kamelia »

How are you dear friend? I guess I never got the chance to write to you. This is my first time and it is a little bit hard to start the posting since answering your post is a little bit difficult.

So I see you got a presentation. Tell you what? I guess most of my friends from Iran here are too much familiar with the presentations, or at least guys my age!
These lectures have become a routine way of achieving grades in Universities nowadays and they are really good BUT....only if they are presented in a very articulate professional way! Not by a sleepy tired student trying to finish it as soon as s/he can! Do you see what I mean? :-D

Oh I passed research methodology course about two years ago. I new almost all the subjects by heart but unfortunately I never even heard of participant observation or maybe I was not as good at it as I thought I was! :-D

Could I ask you something? What is your major?

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Maniya

Post by Kamelia »

How are you doing dear friend? How is everything going on?

Dear Maniya, I read your post and then dear Behnam's post to you. I was thinking that what I could help you with as an English learner. I am not a very good adviser but there are some stuff which I faced when I was your age and learning English.
Actually I remember my first and worst problem was that why could not I learn which propositions go with which verb! Next problem, why could not I speak fluently and stop pausing after each word I used? You see? There was a lot to go. I could not even write properly! What I thought was that I could NEVER learn them, like really hell NEVER!

Now, I am not as educated or as experienced as Behnam is in teaching or in English but I know something. You are never going to learn a language unless you give yourself SOME TIME! Try to level with your father that in two years you are not going to be a professional BBC news reporter! You see what I am trying to say?

Oh and something else, more than trying to speak, LISTEN! Listen to everything English that is available! Listen and then repeat them to yourself.

It is funny but I had a very fluent teacher in speaking who told me that he used to talk to himself! Alone! He used to bring up a subject for himself so then he thought about it and tried to discuss with himself. This seems a very easy way, right? Because we think of too many stuff everyday and then if we could just spit them out in English, miracles would happen!

Best of Luck dear
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Behnam

Post by Kamelia »

How are you dr? :-D Long time and no posts to you made me miss you so I am finding a little excuse to write to you here.

I was reading your post to Maniya. I still cannot express how much I liked it. You advise people greatly without even making them feel like you are a very knowledgeable person to whom they HAVE to pay much respect, do you see what I am trying to say? No pompous airs! While you ARE that great person!

I always look carefully to learn new tips and hints from you. Thank you for being so inspiring :-)

Hope to read so soon from you,
naseh

Post by naseh »

Hi Kamelia,
How do you do? I am glad to know you. Please let's start a new page of friendship. I know only more about Behnam. So I am going to take the chance.

Thanks a million for writing to me even if my writings were broken. Since language is way of communication so it doesnot matter. In my opinion, nowadays, those who write free writings are better than those who write formal writnings. I think those mistakes are the one and only which can attract the attention of the reader. What does matter is the idea. If you have an idea and some rules that make you convey it in an understandable way.

Once again, thanks for sharing me your experience. Oh my God, sorry! Take it easy if I said you asked me a question I am tring not to answer. So, it is an obligation for me to answer since it is your first question. My major is Translation plus ..!
I hope to know more about you.
Maniya

Post by Maniya »

Dear Behnam &Kamelia
I am grateful for your helpful instruction to improve my language
but I think I can never be like you. }:
You and the other member are very good at talking. {-:
I like successful people in their life and trying to be one of them :oops: .I think Behnam is one of that successful people Who makes life so much attention. ;-)

naseh

Hi Maniya

Post by naseh »

How do you do? I am glad to know you! Have a big shout for joining this thread! I am happy to know the forth Iranian Friend. I know only the female ones, Mohsen and Behnam. But my beloved ones, Kamelia and you, I am sorry if I say I know not your gender. Fact must be siad, I have problem in recognizing names whether is it male of female. Since I think there is no rule in the English language to allow you to distinguish genders.

In Arabic, my mother-tongue, I can recognize a person through knowing his name. However, I suffer nowadays from a phenomenon of westernization of Arabic Names. For example, I know the old-male name 'Ahmed, Mohammed, Ali, Hassan', but couldn't recognize these recent names as : ' Barakat, Alawi, Faten, Sa'aoud', though these names are Arabic. The reason is that in every Yemeni area, some name a woman as "Barakat" and the others name a man as "Barakat", depending on the culture of each area. I don't know if there is scientist who can manage this problem.

Your English is very good since you are studying English at an institute. If I am going to compare your English with mine, as a university-student of English, it will be shameful on me. I am not flattering with you. This is what I see. Dr. Behnam has a good experience in struggling to get the language.

For me, I was studing English at an institute.I think, it is nothing if we compare the institute's syllabus with the university's curriculum. That is to say, academic teaching is the real teaching. Of course, there is something its name is "Distance Learning" that makes us rich of enrolling universities. In my opinion, universities are like paper-books during E-books. Paper- books has its beauty and characters.

That's it!!!
naseh

Dear Friends

Post by naseh »

Today, Our doctor was absent of his lecture. I was so nervous all night till I dreamed that I was doing my presentation in front of my doctor. It was hard for me since I saw myself nervous. I think that is a natural feeling every one have it if s/he is about to do something for the first time publicly, except some.

Now, I have lost that feeling. I am now comfortable. I have decided not to do it again. I hate doing things again. However, I love doing things again in one condition, that is if I fail doing it. So, since I didn't fail doing it, I am going to delay it or choose another topic while I hate alot being fail. I know failure is a friend of successful people but I hate it in my studying.

Of course, every one want to be the first one in everything. Every one want to achieve his goals in order to help his parents and his country. Sometimes I get some laziness. For one year or more, I have been addicting with Facebook. I spend more than 8 hours each day. Please pray for me to get rid of facebook. I spend most of time in politics. This is what made me leave this thread since I was active member in every thread that Behnam was trying to build. He was moving from one site to another untill he has stayed here. He was leaving those sites for some reasons. Anyway, I do love his obstinacy.

To conclude, everyone need to be stubborn in getting his rights and achieving his goals. I think it is the one and only tool that allow us to achieve what we want otherwise we may be eaten by others. We have a proverb in Arabic "كن ذئباً والا اكلتك الذئاب", its translation is:' Be a wolf, otherwise you will be eaten by other wolfs"

That's it!!!
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Kami,

Happy to see you here these days. I check the posts everyday, I really want to write, a looooooot, but I don't know why I don't feel like writing. I've really missed writing long energetic posts.

I'm sorry for being late to reply to your post and questions you had asked me about poem! Honey I love to write about this topic, but I prefer to do this while I'm in a poetic mood!haha :-)

There are times when I get terribly poetic and feel deeply in love! In love with what? Emmmm, different things, different persons.... I love those times,.............

Oh Kami I do love to write about this topic aloooooooot, alooooooooooooot, I miss writing.... but I don't know what's wrong with me...... ~.....

You know, There are bothering thoughts preventing me...

Kami? What has been your biggest loss in life? What's the worst feeling you've ever experienced? If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
What do you think is the saddest thing you may experience?

Oh sorry Kami, I was supposed to answer your questions not to ask!

Emmm........ busy mind.... sorryyyyyyyyy

Hope to write to you in a better mood soon,
Kiss
Maniya

Post by Maniya »

dear Naseh
that is kind of you.thanks a lot. :-(
I,m female.
i am so glad to be one of your Iranian friend. ;-)
mattyppz

Post by mattyppz »

Always try to stress doing writing assignments!!! Best Advise I can give any educator.

"Best Advise..." should read: "Best advice..." - Admin
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Kamelia,

How can I provoke a smart girl like you , no one believe it , you write here like other girls , but I can't ignore that currently you are more active than Elham . It means that writing is like eating a piece of cake for you.
I confess that I use dictionary for my writings, it is not because of having no time to practise , I am not created for memorization of words , but my imaginations is not bad or muses stuff.
A I told you I have never been living in apartment , the house always has been a large villa house for me. I am having some pictures for your consideration from old parts of Isfahan.
Look at this picture

http://mjrd1.persiangig.com/image/amin%20house1.jpg

This is the house of Aminotojjar , It was destroyed about 45 years ago by municipality of Isfahan for establishing a new street which is called Abdulrazagh street . The remain of this mansion is still remain in one side of street .
The house of Aminotojar is famous , he was the father of Banoo Amin , a famous Islamic woman who was buried in old Isfahan cemetery which is called Takht e foolad .This the picture of her shrine.

http://www.iqna.ir/news_imgs/553084_5img243%20L.JPG

In some part of the city the mixture of old and new architecture is seen , look at the following picture

http://www.chn.ir/Images/News/Larg_Pic/ ... 834949.JPG

It is an old lane in which the old houses and monuments are being destroyed , The shrine in this picture is belong to Avicenna , a famous scientist who was buried in Isfahan.
Where was you born ? Did you have experience of living in old house?

B.W.
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Naseh

Post by Kamelia »

How are you doing dear Translation student? How was your presentation by the way? Oh i wish that went really well.

I am no judge of people's English but I got some bones to pick up with you, first things first, right? Hope you don't get mad at me! :-D Dear friend, you got a lot on your mind and you want to bring them all on the writing page but there is one rule to that. It does not really matter how much you are good at English or not but you have to order them one by one so that the person who reads them gets time to think of them and then either agree or disagree with it, you might want to put some room for them, right? This way, if you keep pouring out the words and then jump from one sentence to another without a good connection, mind you, the reader would be frustrated, confused and then might even have difficulty grasping the real meaning of what you intended to write, do you see what I am trying to say? I really really hope that you do not mind. I am only telling you this as a friend, alright? By the way, I was a horrible writer too. I used to cram my sentences with words and never put a full-stop at the end till the reader gets me! :-D You see?

Anyway, your major is Translation, English to Arabic and vice versa, is it? Mine is English literature. Glad to meet you :-)

Oh problems with Facebook and recognizing names, pretty global these days :-D I got problem with recognizing people from names too, especially these days! They put every name that seems "beautiful" on their children, they don't think of the poor child's future! There was a list that was published recently, it gave you information about the weirdest names that people choose. One had chosen the "Crazy Frog" for her son, now I don't know if the frog has got a positive connotation in their culture but it is really gross, huh?

Facebook, yeah I wish you drive it away. It really is time consuming especially if you got friends with high photographing capabilities LOOOL

Enough talking too much with me :-D

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Ellie joonam

Post by Kamelia »

How are youuuuu dear one? How is everything going on? I hope you are doing just fine.

Oh come on, excuses again? :-( Why do you always have to make me wait to read something from you? Have you forgotten how much I enjoy writing to you? Reading from you? Your posts are highly energetic funny ones which I have always read with utmost pleasure. Oh you cruel girl, so you have to be in a poetic mood now, huh? :-D Ok Ok I give up, you are smart in twisting the matter. Cami is defenseless now, write about it whenever you felt like it :-D

Oh Ellieeee, what has been preventing you from writing? What has upset my dear friend? I know, things happen. Even if the worst thing happened to you, God forbid, then you just have to take it easy. Grief is always there. There is no escape to that, but you have to be strong. The Kami that is writing here has suffered LOTS of terrible stuff, she has cried, grieved, writhed with the pain of some loss in her life, but what can she do? Kill herself? Nope, life goes on. Everyday is a new one. You cover for you loss, make up to your heart, pray that God gives you a new energy and happiness to start all over again. I mean is not life just a circle? It is you who gives meaning to this endless circle!

The biggest loss of my life, hmmm, huge question. It is too hard for me to answer this since it goes a bit to personal matters, but anyway, I will make a general thing out of it. Well actually the biggest loss of my life is the worst feeling that I have EVER experienced, so your two questions go unwrapped with one answer :-D Ummm...for almost a week I felt I was abandoned, alone, life did not mean anymore. I could not talk about it to my friends, my little sister, the loveliest little sister on the whole planet was the only person I could talk to. I was afraid that my mom would even be sad because of me, so the alternative of talking to a parent was a NO-NO one! Uh..but what could one do? Cry till you die? It relieves you for a while but then you see that even the tear drops would not console you. You know what? Here is a little secret, books relieve me like I am born again. I put myself under extensive reading, This loss or terrible experience or whatever your names it happen in a year ago and I remember there were these four-unit courses that I, quite unbelievably, got 20! LOOOL I changed the loss to something more powerful, glorious a bit! :-D

Oh...what would I change? I would turn my life to 5 years ago, erase all the stupid stuff I had done and take another chance. Everyone deserves a new chance, don't they? :-)

Naughty Ellie, you cannot keep me writing like this since you have to answer all these questions plus the poetry stuff. Oh and NO cheating! Your burden would not be unloaded except you start writing :-D

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Mohsen

Post by Kamelia »

How are you doing? LOL Ellie told me she is in no mood to write long posts so I guess that is why I am "postful" these days but otherwise she is a VERY faithful friend of this thread. I mean where was I when she used to write and make all the friends here happy with her posts? :-D Hope that she comes up soon :-D
There is something else too, due to the shortage of semester, our professors have decided to put the mid-terms away that is why the happy Cami that you see frequents the PC-room and library these days :-D

Oh and...no it is not that much a piece of cake. I have to use the dictionary too but the lazy kid that I am, I ignore it this easy LOOOOL

Oh Mohsen, you don't know how fun it was examining the pictures here. Actually some days ago I was checking the Tabatabayi ha House (in kashan I guess :?: ) , which was so amusing too.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I really liked them. I am going to ask you something about the last picture, but you have to promise that you would not laugh at me, alright? Is not the Avicenna shrine in Hamedan? :-?

Oh I was born in Gonbad-E-Kavus in Golestan. Do you know the Ghabus-Ebn-E-Voshmgir tower? It is believe to be the tallest brick tower in the world. It feels so good when you watch it so close, it gives you a strange feeling. Or maybe all ancient places do give me this feeling.
Uuuuh...living in an old house, well yes I do have such an experience. Well the house was not as big and as beautiful as yours, I am sure, but it felt so cozy and warm, warmer than these new houses with modern designs. Not that I hate modern or post modern architectural stuff but that I just love the air of those old houses, mansions, huts, whatever :-D

Hmmm...anyway I am no architecture neither an engineer. I don't know about structures at all. I just feel so good watching the old houses and even living in them, with all the hardships they might have. Do you know what made me write about this topic? I see huge cranes and building machines all around the cities everywhere in our country, and with this huge population growth, God knows what will happen in future! And when I see an old lovely house with the garden and fountain and etc. is being destructed, my heart wrenches! Hmm...do you see what I am saying? It simply is sad. Are we on the same track? Or you believe in "extending the city programming" and these stuff?

Mohsen it was so0o0o fun writing to you about it and if I just overwrote about this feeling of mine, you have to excuse me :-)

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

A nice article, please read

Post by Elham »

How To Make It A Great Day

Have a great day. I say it all the time. It sounds so simple, doesn’t it? My friend Kay always says, “Make it a great day.” This shows others they have power over their circumstances.

The following are 10 simple steps that will make every day a great day.

1. Give of yourself. Help others, go the extra mile and share your gifts and talents. Each day we have limitless opportunities to put others first. Out do yourself today. Commit to helping 5 people. Everyone needs an extra hand. Be the first to offer yours.

2. Tell others you love them. Is there a person in your life that is difficult to love? Yes, that’s the person. Tell them first. Then text your friends, children or parents, “I heart U.” Surprise someone with a handwritten note expressing your appreciation and love. When you think of someone silently whisper, “I love you.” We all need love and many don’t get enough.

3. Be thankful.Finish the sentence, “I want and need to thank __________ for ____________. Now do it. Thank the earth, the flowers, the trees and the air. Thank the trees, the server, the cab driver. Thank the cashier, the co-worker and web designer. Thank everyone who is making the world a better place. Especially thank the most difficult people in your life.

4. Welcome your lessons. Today you’ll face difficult and unpleasant situations, welcome them all. They give you the opportunity to learn and grow. You’ll also have plesant and easy situations. These will teach you joy and appreciation. Welcome them and they’ll increases tenfold.

5. Forgive and let go.Everyone hurts someone. Be the first to apologize. Be quick to forgive and the last to judge. Walk a mile in someone’s shoes. We feel better about ourselves when we go to bed without enemies and regrets.

7. Ask for quidance. Ask to see the truth. Ask for a different perspective. Ask for the wisdom to do the right thing. Ask to see the higher road. Listen to and take action on the guidance you receive.

8. Own your greatness. Know that you are a unique spiritual being born to do great things. Make a difference. Believe in yourself. Take action no matter how small the step. You have a reason for being. The world needs you to do your part.

9. Lighten up and laugh. Grab a happy attitude. Speak happy words, think happy thoughts and do happy things. Look for opportunities to laugh. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Instead choose to have fun.

10. Make a difference in someone’s life today. Give a hug, a hand, a wink or a smile. Small thinks don’t go unnoticed. Everyone is carrying their own set of problems. What we all really want is to love, be loved and know that we matter.

When you’re feeling stressed, grumbling over your finances or complaining life isn’t going as it should remember how easy it is to make each day great. Make each moment count!

What are your ingredients for a great day?
What are you willing to do to make yours great?

http://theboldlife.com/2009/10/great-day/