Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Simplicity is an art!

Post by behnam »

Dear Hurieh,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. As your posts reflect, your English is excellent and your writing skills are great. Your thoughts are deep.
Hurieh wrote:It’s been my habit to put my thoughts in a complicated form(در لفافه ), and expect my audiences to use their acumen to decode them.LOL.
I don't mean to criticize, but I'd like to take your post or your statement as an excuse to write something about simplicity. Simplicity is an art. Speaking and writing in a way that the majority of people understand you easily is an art. When speaking and writing, we are not going, on the one hand, to make puzzle for people, on the other hand to limit our audiences. Well, obviously, when we expect our audiences to use their acumen(as you have put it) we assume that they are some special people, for example with high IQ level. Therefore, our audiences must be some special people. This is not a defensible idea. We are dealing with different people with different level of talent, intelligence and acumen. We should know how to communicate effectively and efficiently. Certainly, we need to be as plain as possible.

As a psychological rule, people get bothered when they don't understand something. Many people get offended when they don't understand the speakers. They think of it as an indirect insult from the speakers
and writers when they don't understand them.

Giving some advice to his son a man said; "My dear son, try to sit somewhere above others and speak big words to show yourself important." To follow his father's advice, the boy sat on shelf and said 'elephant'!

I am speaking generally, although the post is addressed to you. I am even considering myself, I mean to remind myself 'Behnam, be careful when speaking and writing. Behnam, write as simple as possible. Behnam, teach as simple as possible!'

Hurieh wrote:You’re right. Doubt is something devastative that ruins relationships and even the person him/herself.
As it is mentioned above and all people(me included) believe that your English is excellent and your writing style is great. I personally envy your writing skills. However, in order to give an example of what I meant in this post, and in order to give you some feedback, I put a cut of your post there to ask you about the reason of using that wrong word[devastative is used wrongly. It is devastating which means badly damaging or destroying] instead of using simple equivalent words such as 'damaging, destroying, affecting negatively, killing, removing, taking away, threatening, ...'! Although some of these words may not be proper for the structure of our sentence, instead they are easy to understand. In other words, people will get what we mean. Effective communication is essentially important, not literary style of writing!

I do believe in simplicity. We must learn to be clear. We must think of plainness as a virtue and try to teach it to the students and try to spread it among people in the society. We must try our best to avoid the probable misunderstandings that our sentences cause.

As I've written in my previous post, everyday I may read one book, in English of course. These days, I study for my PhD final exam. I won't be lying if I say I spend about one hour a day on English books. Although they are related to my major, they are written in literary language. I can follow them easily. I seldom use dictionary to understand the text. Why? Am I very good at English? No, I am not. As a matter of fact, books are written in a way that readers can easily follow the contexts. It is a must in writing effective books to be clear.

Last night I read 'Know can do'! I didn't use dictionary at all. Why? It was easy to follow. No need to know the meaning of all words when reading a book. It is only important to get the points.

Finally, as a general rule, cohesion, coherency, simplicity, and clearness are musts when it comes to effective writing.

I have to repeat that these things are not directed to you, although the post itself is directed to you. I just took it as a proper opportunity to express my opinion about the style of writing. I love simplicity.

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

correction!

Post by behnam »

behnam wrote:I won't be lying if I say I spend about one hour a day on English books.

I won't be lying if I say I spend about ten hours a day on English books mainly Nonlinear Optics, Quantum Optics, Laser Physics, Modern Optics, Fiber Optics, Nanophysics, nanophotonics, Optical Switching, Pulse propagation, Physics of waves, Photonic crystals, etc. These books are in English. Although they are all related to my major, it doesn't mean that they are only filled by some spiritless physical formulas. In Physics, authors must explain all the mathematics they use for describing the phenomena. What I am trying to transfer is the importance of being as simple as possible.

Albert Einstein says; "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
skystar

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by skystar »

Dear friends
Hi.I hope every thing is going well with you. This is my first thread after months of being absent {-; . I was busy with my exam :-( . I'm very happy to be here again and I can read your nice threads.

Dear Behnam

In my opinion when we write or speak, we have to consider whom we are writing to and why we are writing. When we write to lay people or to public, our writing should be as simple as possible. As writers we shouldn't use the same style and language when we write to children, to adults, to experts of a field, etc. I agree with you about the importance of simplicity in academic texts. I, myself, feel more comfortable when I read a coursebook which I understand and I don't need to consult a dictionary or any expert to check the meaning of any words, phrases or sentences. Maybe this is because of the nature of the academic texts as they aim at increasing readers' knowledge of the field and making readers understood. Then, I think simplicity is a must in scientific books as they aim at increasing knowledge of the reader. However, it's not the same for literary texts as they aim at expressing the writers' feeling. So, in literary texts careful selection of the words becomes very important as they express writer's feeling.

Maybe we love simplicity because we are teachers {-; .

Best
Sara
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feelings!

Post by behnam »

Hi Sara,

Long time no see! So happy to see your new post in the thread. Thank you very much for keeping the connection with the thread going. Congratulations on your great success in final qualifying exam.

Thanks a million for putting comment on my posts. You are right. I agree with you.

First of all, I'd like to re-emphasize that I am speaking generally. I don't mean anybody, although I may address my posts to someone.

I am going to write something about 'feelings'. What I am going to write is not a newly born idea. In fact, during my studies I have had similar debates with different people, literature teachers and professors.
skystar wrote:Maybe this is because of the nature of the academic texts as they aim at increasing readers' knowledge of the field and making readers understood. Then, I think simplicity is a must in scientific books as they aim at increasing knowledge of the reader. However, it's not the same for literary texts as they aim at expressing the writers' feeling. So, in literary texts careful selection of the words becomes very important as they express writer's feeling.
On a typical day, everybody experiences different feelings. For example, s/he is angry in the morning, happy at noon, sad in the afternoon, laughing in the evening, and crying at night! We all experience different feelings. How many feelings are there in the world? I don't know, but depends on the situations, I believe every human being can experience all the existing feelings. The strength of feeling something may differ from someone to someone, but everybody may have sort of reaction if we put them in similar situations. Their reactions-maybe-will be different, but having a response to a feeling-based situation can be common! I don't know! I am not sure about this part of my idea.

Light contains a continuous spectrum of different wavelengths. For example, if we let a beam of sunlight passe through a prism, it will be separated to different colours. We see different colours in the universe. All these colours are the result of interacting the same sunlight(beams of one source) with matters. This is really amazing! Everyday we see blue sky and red sunset. Right now in spring the nature is mostly green. Oh, flowers with different colours! Isn't it amazing that the Sun is the only source of this great range of variety of colours?

Making an analogy between, on the one hand, a beam of sun and all existing feelings in the world, on the other hand between matter reactions(as detectors) and human beings, I believe everybody has kind of response to the existing feelings. Everybody is a detector and detects some part of those feelings. Detectors have got different response sensitivity, efficiency, rise time, fall time, etc.

How to describe our feelings? It depends on the sensitivity of the detector. It depends on the matters which are used in the structure of a detector and used technology. Similarly, in human beings it depends on someone's personality, gender, upbringing, culture, geography, etc. Many factors are involved in detecting a feeling and then describing it, or showing it, or reacting to it, or whatever you call it!

So far, we agree that: 1)There are many feelings in the world. 2) Human beings have the ability or capability to detect(to feel) at least some of them. 3) Human beings will have different responses(or level of responses) to a particular feeling. 4) Human beings' responses is a very complicated function of time, gender, personality, upbringing, age, environment, etc(our response to the same event will be different when we are hungry or full :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Therefore, many variables are involved in our response function.

Now, it is time to come to the main goal of this post. A poet looks at a flower at different situations. At first time s/he is thirsty. At second time s/he is hungry. At third time s/he is drunk! His/her poems will be different in these different situations. Is it possible to understand what poems were been said when? Suppose we could identify them. What is the use of it?

Somewhere is the country of poetry, poem and poets. What is the use of it? Does it solve the problems? Are the people special with delicate feelings? What is the main effect of it?

Painting is a way of expressing feelings! In a film that I have watched many years ago, a mentally ill lady is fighting with her husband! Why? She mixes different colours in a buckle and randomly sprays it into a piece of paper or into a wall and creates a painting! Some millionaires from her family buy her paintings. Little by little the lady goes under illusion that she is different. She believes her husband doesn't understand her. She asks for a divorce!

I am tired of sitting on the chair at my computer now. The mission isn't accomplished yet. I intended to say that something is valid when it is possible to be learned, to be taught, to be transferred, and to be measured. If something is not measurable, it is not reliable and valid. If people have some difficulties in understanding our feelings, we shouldn't say, oh, you don't understand me. We should say 'Oh, sorry, I don't know how to describe my feelings in a way that you can understand them'.

Dear Sara, as you have said, feelings are too much difficult to transfer. Therefore, in describing feelings it is a must for writers to put their feelings into words in a way that people(readers) can get at least some of them. If a feeling is not transferable, it won't be as effective as it can be.

....will be continued.

All the best,
Behnam, 29 May, 2015
Last edited by behnam on Fri May 29, 2015 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

What Feynman says?

Post by behnam »

Hi,

Let's read what my favourite Physicist Richard Feynman says:

A poet once said, "The whole universe is in a glass of wine." We will probably
never know in what sense he meant that, for poets do not write to be understood. But it is true that if we look at a glass of wine closely enough we see the entire universe. There are the things of physics: the twisting liquid which evaporates depending on the wind and weather, the reflections in the glass, and our imagination adds the atoms. The glass is a distillation of the earth's rocks, and in its composition we see the secrets of the universe's age, and the evolution of stars. What strange array of chemicals are in the wine? How did they come to be? There are the ferments, the enzymes, the substrates, and the products. There in wine is found the great generalization: all life is fermentation. Nobody can discover the chemistry of wine without discovering, as did Louis Pasteur, the cause of much disease. How vivid is the claret, pressing its existence into the consciousness that watches it! If our small minds, for some convenience, divide this glass of wine, this universe, into parts—physics, biology, geology, astronomy, psychology, and so on—remember that nature does not know it! So let us put it all back together, not forgetting ultimately what it is for. Let it give us one more final pleasure: drink it and forget it all!

All the best,
Behnam, 29 May, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Thnaks for Your Feedbacks Behnam.(2)

Post by Hurieh »

Hi dear Behnam,

How do you do? I Do appreciate your unique subtlety and powerful feedbacks once again. As a learner and a student, I’ve been learning a lot out of your posts, comments and thoughts. Thank you very much for all of your praise-filled statements regard to my writing even if they sound a bit paradoxical. I personally don’t believe my writing is that excellent. I think you also know it. A friend usually says: “Let go of the compliment and praise me frankly please.” Winking!

Dear Behnam, You are ABSOLUTELY right. It’s a crucially vital necessity to be clear and easily be understood—especially for people who are going to add something to the body of literature and science and those who have responsibility towards the growth of science. I personally like to learn how to write and speak clearly. You’ve already warned me about this weakness of mine several times, and I tried to get rid of it. However, I think I need to practice more and more.

But why I usually choose unfamiliar words in my writings??? Or I’d better ask ; “Why my words seem unfamiliar to you? “
We are supposed to get ourselves busy with many heavy textbooks and complicated articles to keep up with the rapid growth of medical science like many other majors. So it’s quite normal. We tend to use the words and structures that we’re usually dealing with. I’ve personally read many articles and books related to my major that most of them were too complicated. I got habituated to reading these books and articles. Now, I can read them easily and so fast because they taught me so many words and vocabularies which still exist in my mind and I use them regularly—especially in writing formal texts. I can watch movies and films and get the point easily, because of being familiar with large diversity of words. However, there are many new words that I still don’t know the meaning, and I should guess or look them up in a dictionary. It’s not surprising or disappointing if we don’t know all of the words. Learning would be meaningless if we knew everything and didn’t make any mistake. This is what I usually say to the trainees when they make silly mistakes and get disappointed.

However, I confidently say that our students (at the university that I’ve studied or better to say grown up actually) don’t spend their time on reading such complicated books, translating them into Persian, and after that getting to conclusion what the books are trying to convey. Not only the students (I mean MS students, not BS) but also majority of our professors are like that. They consider it waste of time reading original textbooks. They tend to read translated books since they believe our texts are complicated and they don’t have enough time—and MAYBEEEE literacy. Believe it… Last month, I wrote an article related to my specific major and sent it to two of our professors who are the faculty members of a governmental university. I haven’t received any reply yet. I called one of them and politely asked him the reason. He answered; “ You were supposed to write it in Persian at first. After getting my comments, translate them into English. ” This is funny and disastrous what’s going on in some universities, but is a real fact. Once again I confidently say that most of them are not able to write a single sentence in English correctly. I’m envious of your students for having such professors like you that care about second language too much.

Once again, I also love simplicity and really like to be clear. I have to try more but I confess it’s not that easy for me. It’s beyond my control. Perhaps you’re right. I have to say: “'Oh, sorry, I don't know how to describe my feelings in a way that you can understand them.” That’s all.

Dear Behnam, I learn new words out of watching movies much better than reading. Once I was watching a documentary program about “How to be able to control your anger”. One of the actors used “devastative” in his speaking and it stuck in my mind. I checked a dictionary to make sure if I used it correctly after reading your last post addressed to me. The result is this: Both “devastating” and “devastative” are adjective. However, it’s important in which dictionary we looked them up. Longman dictionary is very good but usually lacks some words. Please check it out on google yourself.

Regarding your question, I will give you my own answer and I’m sure you’ll laugh at my explanation and the funny way I’ve chosen to link things incoherently. Hehehehehehe
behnam wrote:

How can we know whether we are thirsty for something or hungry for that? :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol:

To my knowledge, it’s not that easy to make a difference between these two different feelings. Scientifically speaking, the same part of our brain is responsible for interpreting hunger and thirst signals. So, it’s difficult for most of us to understand whether we’re thirsty or hungry. Some people may feel thirsty but they start eating meal, and then put too much weight and complain about obesity. In such situation, a nutritionist or experienced nurse will offer these patients who are usually too overweight to drink at least 5 glasses of water per day. It prohibits them from eating excessively.
The other recommendation is to instruct them the signs and symptoms of hunger and thirst. Believe it. We have some patients who don’t exactly know whether they are thirsty or hungry. By the way, is there any one here who is suffering from obesity??? hehehehehehe

Ah…Damn… We came back to the square one I guess. I’m لایتغیر Behnam. But I have a solution! I’m grounded for an unpredictable time until I’ll shape up. I guess it’s better. Winking!

Once again, thank you very much for your feedbacks. You don’t need it but I’d like to wish you luck in your exams.

Have a lovely Friday,
Hurieh
May 29th, 2015
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Hurieh!

Post by behnam »

Hurieh wrote:Thank you very much for all of your praise-filled statements regard to my writing even if they sound a bit paradoxical.
Dear Hurieh,

Thank you so much for replying. I really love your posts and enjoy reading them. Nothing is absolutely bad or absolutely good in the world. Everything has got some advantages and some disadvantages. Nothing is perfect. Your English is excellent and your writing skills are great. It doesn't mean your posts lack grammatical mistakes. It also doesn't mean all your sentences are written correctly and understandably. When I say your English is excellent, I do mean it. When I say your writing skills are great, I do mean it. When I ask you to be as understandable as possible, I do mean it. I am sorry if you have found them paradoxical.

Hurieh wrote:Both “devastating” and “devastative” are adjective. However, it’s important in which dictionary we looked them up. Longman dictionary is very good but usually lacks some words. Please check it out on google yourself.
That's really strange! I know that my vocabulary is not large. That's a fact. I was on the metro when reading your post. I found some words new. I couldn't guess their meanings from the context. Then I used my mobile phone. I have installed Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English on my mobile phone and my computer. I really love it. Strangely, I couldn't find “devastative” in it! Put yourself in my shoes please. Frankly speaking, I said some bad words about you at that terrible situation! :lol: {-: :lol: I حرص می خورم, why? What is the insistence on writing such a word when it is not even in a famous dictionary?
Hurieh wrote:But I have a solution! I’m grounded for an unpredictable time until I’ll shape up. I guess it’s better.
Although this sentence is wrong, this time I could get what you mean by that. Nobody restricts or punishes you. In fact, nobody has the right to do that. I personally love your presence in the thread. It gives me a lot of assurance. I appreciate your presence and take the value and importance of it. What you are going to do is not a solution. It is, actually, erasing the problem, not solving it.

All the best,
Behnam, 29 May, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Finally Setayesh came!

Post by behnam »

We sat on the banner, laid by me on the ground among trees in a quiet place. Elham showed me a notebook, full of memories, feelings and thoughts. The story of the notebook is long. I don't intend to tell it now.

We spoke about different issues. Elham's mother called her. She talked to her mother on her mobile phone. She said; "dear mum, I am with Behnam now." I also talked to her mother. She had a very friendly voice. She was very kind to me on the phone.

It was about 13:30 that Setayesh called me and said; 'I am in the book exhibition now. I am standing in front of 'Digital Devices' compartment! I wanted her to stand somewhere within sight; somewhere to be easily seen and identified. Elham stayed on the carpet. You know, I was sure that if we both left that place other people would occupy there. Therefore, I wanted Elham to sit there and to say 'no' to people who may ask for sharing the carpet. I left Elham alone for a while to go and find Setayesh and then to bring her to the place. It was my second time to meet Setayesh, so we knew each other. We met each other at the entrance door number 1.

We came to Elham. When these two girls met each other, something amazing happened. They kissed and hugged each other frequently. Elham firmly hugged Setayesh, and Setayesh jumped on her arms, they did it again and again! I didn't know what to do. I felt a little bit embarrassed, you know, they were hugging and kissing each other so friendly that I decided to bend my head at the ground.

We sat and talked about different things. We shared some gifts. Elham has brought me a piece of beautiful carpet to lay and pray on. She has brought a very beautiful candle housing to Setayesh. I gave a scarf to Elham and Setayesh. Setayesh gave a purse to Elham. We took some photos of them in different situations.

It was about 15:30 and I was hungry. Keeping their food containers in hand, a boy and a girl came to our place and asked; "May we sit here?" I answered; "No, it threatens our privacy.". Strangely, they sat on our carpet! They started eating their foods. I said to them; 'We are three hungry people here. If you cannot share your food with us, why do you sit beside us?" After a while, another boy joined them. They were shopkeepers.

It was time to leave, since Elham had to meet her sister and her cousin. We left our cool and nice place and went to the food station to buy some food. I bought three sandwiches. We again found somewhere nice and quite and ate our delicious sandwiches. I didn't let girls sit on the ground and make their clothes dusty or dirty. I found some cartons and laid them on the ground. We sat on a clean place.

After eating our sandwiches, it was the time to say goodbye. Elham's sister and cousin were waiting for her. Setayesh wanted to greet them. I said goodbye!

Elham was a tall, friendly, kind, beautiful, polite, and patient girl. Setayesh was kind, polite, friendly, beautiful, shorter than Ehlam, but fatter than her!

Good old days!

All the best,
Behnam, 29 May, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Hurieh the great!

Post by behnam »

Hi Hurieh the great,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing very well. I've read your posts again and again. I guess I understood them. You are a great lady with great thoughts. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us in this place. Actually, for me personally, that's an honour to be your friends. I really take a lot of pride in making friends with you.

The majority of your thoughts are great, and the majority of your writings are wonderful. I should have looked at the half full of the glass. I shouldn't have highlighted some minor mistakes. I apologize.

Please be with us. I will miss you a lot if you leave us for a time more than one week.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Hurieh ,

A flower is deserved to be in front of you , but if you want to put the flower in other parts of paper , I present it to you ,it depends upon you ,wherever you want ,put it.

Thanks you for your translation, your English is fluent and you have a good command in writing, you should send me your account No. in order that I make the payment to your account, I want to pay 100% of your translation charges in advance,
Last edited by Mohsen on Sun May 31, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

I translated another parts of this article as follow , thanks if you and other friends read it and put their comment about translation

Also, after the arrival of zombies to TV series, "Frank Darabont" the director of the famous film " SHAWSHANG REDEMPTION " in 2010 began making a series entitled «The Walking Dead» with subject of epidemical virus of Zombies at Apocalypse, which so far , three seasons of it has been broadcasted and the latest episode of the third season of the series in Nielsen television audience measurement system (Nielsen ratings) in America, beating the record number of viewers of a television drama series.

Poster of walking dead series

This propaganda process went ahead as far as the 12th of October was named Zombie World day and each year people in USA and many of European countries go to the street with Zombie appearance and make a Zombie walk

12 th of October , The day of Zombie Car naval

An statistical survey in IMDB web site indicate that from 1966 till today about 300 movies with subject of Zombie have been know in the cinema of world which among them about 158 movies ( more than half of them ) were made after 2001.
If you draw a graph that five-year intervals from 1966 to 2013 ,the horizontal axis and the vertical axis is the number of films made on the subject of zombies in each of these slots, the very important and significant results achieved.

The process of making movies with Zombie’s theme

This graph shows that the production of Zombie base movies has increased till the near 1990 and then goes down to 2001 and then from 2001 to 2013 ,making of these products increase steeply than before. If we review the events of these years, we know the growing trend of 1990-1991 is coincident with the end of the Cold War and the collapse of the former Soviet Union. At this point, two strategies were fed in America cinema, One of the current was Sovietphobia and the other current was Zambyphobia ,both of them introduced important movies in 80's.
After the Cold War, we see the America ,which converted to undisputable pole of the world at that time ,reduced the artillery fire of his cinema and greatly reduce the proceeding of horror base movies in cinema, but with the emergence of al-Qaeda and the Taliban and the events of September eleven that America had a major role in its formation, we see that the films with the theme of zombies in American cinema and television greatly speeds up ,as far as the number of zombie movies, and series productions were made more than ever after 2001.
In fact, this was Islam power rising in these years and America wanted to shed a claw in the face of Islam by creating of the Taliban, and by its military presence in the Middle East wanted to prevent the growth of this emerging power and this time the trend of Islamophobia and the Zambiophobia in America was simultaneously growing and increasing.
Since zombies is an imaginary creation each writer and director made changing in characteristics and stories of zombies; this innovations in the past few years led to create new words and concepts related to zombies. One of this word is Zombieland which was added to Zambie literature,that was the name of movies in 2009 ,also in the year 2009 for the first time the word of zombies was attributed to a group and this year a film was made in Norway called «Dead Snow» where the Nazis in the form of zombies threated to end the life of human.

On the other hand the concept of "zombies" and "Apocalypse» so tied together that phrase as «Zombie apocalypse» has become a key word in all the Zombie films and stories, because the zombies are always like a viruses looking for the prevalence of their disease to all mankind and announced the proximity of the end of human life . Also the word of "terrorist" which have increasingly been attributed to Muslims in American literature after 2000 ,in these years was put beside the word of zombie and zombies sometimes were seen in movies in the form of terrorism.

All the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Happy birthday of Imam Mahdi (AS) to you

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Hi Behnam

I would like to post a short essay about Respect for Other people's decisions

Argument, persuasive or make decision for other person, a lot of people think they have rights to do that. Do you think people have rights to tell others what to do with their life? However people are forgetting our constitution and freedom that we have the rights to choose or do what we think is better for us. Also Human Rights requires empathy and the rule of law that impose an obligation on persons to respect the human rights of others. I believe that each person has the rights to make their own decision and not one not even the government has rights to choose or make decision for us.
In my country we have an idiom Donde terminan tu derechos comienzan los mios. This means Where end your rights begin mine. I believe it isn't right to persuade, argue, judge other that doesn't think like us. There will be always a person that want to control others in different ways. A example of this is medical procedures that violate civil rights. This can be seen in Ashley when she was six year old she had a surgical procedures that removed her breast buds, uterus and she received high doses of hormones to keep her permanently small. Please see video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQZbOsOvDac
Sometime we can make decision for others but what happened if the decision isn't the right one. What happened if the person died because what we told them?. There are a lot of case that person have been persuade to do something and they died after they changed their mind. An example of this is Frances Cappuccini, 30, died after she was 'reluctantly persuaded' to change her C-section birth plan to a natural delivery. Having a home birth is very normal and a great experience but this is not always the same for everybody. For example, Claire Teague, 29 who died after a midwife insisted was safe having a home birth.
When the government, rulers and simple people has the power to choose what is better for others then at that moment they are starting taking people rights away. When we give this kind of power to others we are losing our rights to choose what we think is better for us. People can disagree in a lot of thing but that doesn't give us rights to tell others what to do with their life. We think that we have rights to criticize, argue, persuade or make decisions for others; but what about the other person rights?. We will say a lot of thing that will make that person feel worse, doesn't matter how persuasive we can be. When a person made their mind up about something no one will change it.
I believe that each person in this world has the rights to make their own decision with out being harassed by others. I can disagree with a lot of thing with others, but it is not my rights to tell them that under my own view they are wrong, because the truth is that at the same time under their own view they are right. I can disagree in a lot of thing but that doesn't give me rights to make comments about other people decisions.

Resource :http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/medic ... vil-rights

http://www.disabilityrightswa.org/sites ... elease.pdf
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Divina!

Post by behnam »

Divina wrote:I believe that each person has the rights to make their own decision and not one not even the government has rights to choose or make decision for us.
Divina wrote:I believe that each person in this world has the rights to make their own decision with out being harassed by others.
Hi dear Divina,

First of all, I'd like to say a warm welcome to you. Welcome to this place! Thank you very much for joining us and putting such a wonderful post full of interesting point. As an English learner, it will take me a lot of time to digest those important points you have put finger on.

I am not in a position to either argue or answer to your questions. I also cannot agree or disagree with your beliefs, since both need an in-depth knowledge of human beings' rights and some related subjects in the humanities. However, I don't like to leave your great post unanswered.

As you may know, my major is Physics. In physics, an observer stands in a frame of reference and describes the different physical phenomena which are happening around themselves. In other words, what an observer observes depends on the frame of reference s/he is in. In comparison with physics, too many different parameters are involved in social issues. This makes the study, description, judgment, observation - or whatever we call it - of human-related phenomena much more complicated. In this area, aside from the frame of reference and the variety of parameters and their complex relations with each other, the observer's judgments will be unwillingly affected by their culture, moods, background, religion, etc. Actually, someone who comments about the rightness or wrongness of something related to human beings is wearing dyed-glasses. What s/he sees is affected by the colour of her/his glasses.

In order to understand your beliefs, I'd like to ask you about the meaning of freedom. Does it mean that a person has complete freedom of doing whatever s/he likes? Is there anything to limit his/her freedom? What can limit our freedom? I personally don't understand, for example, to what extent I have freedom of making decision or doing my favourite things.

In physics, a completely free particle has a continuous spectrum of energy. However, if we put a particle in a box(impose some limitations on it), its energy will be quantized in a way that the particle will have some particular amount of energy. As a rule, bounds(limits) force it to satisfy some boundary conditions, consequently, its freedom gets limited.

Marriage, for example, imposes many bounds on us. A married person cannot have the same freedom that a single person has. How do you think? {-:

Because of being social living in a society among other people, we have to satisfy some limits. As a result, I personally don't believe and even don't feel that I am a completely free person and I've got absolute freedom of doing whatever I like. {-:
Divina wrote:I believe it isn't right to persuade, argue, judge other that doesn't think like us.
Yes, I agree with you. Consultation, sharing our experience, and giving advice are okay, but judging and persuading is not fair most of the time.

Hope to read more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 4 June, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Friends ,
I read the following article ,some part of it was very difficult for me to understand , there were many new words for me ,but when I translated the new words , I didn’t get the meaning of sentence , I think no grammar points was considered in this writing , would you please help me translate the second paragraph for me , Dear Hurieh you usually use difficult words in your writing , I am sure you can help me in this case.

B.Wishes,
Mohsen

Progressive Apocalypse: Obama Opens Door to Nuclear Nightmare

By Chris Floyd

As all the world knows, the United States government is fervently dedicated to advancing the cause of peace throughout the world. Tirelessly, selflessly — and thanklessly — America pursues this noble mission in every corner of the globe: standing shoulder to shoulder with Saudi extremists in slaughtering civilians in Yemen, with al Qaeda and ISIS beheading their way across Syria, with fascist militias in Ukraine. But recently, America’s Nobel Peace Prize-winning president went far beyond these localized acts of lovingkindness and made a beneficent decision that potentially could effect every single person drawing breath on our blue planet.

Late last month, the Peace Prize Prez (PPPOTUS) “blocked a global document aimed at ridding the world of nuclear weapons,” the Washington Post reports. Obama’s peace-loving action means that “the entire blueprint for global nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation” has been killed dead in its tracks. It will now be five years until the next UN review of the landmark Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

You might think this is odd behaviour from a president who has spent years tightening a stranglehold on Iran with an endless series of aggressive, bellicose acts just short of outright war, in order (ostensibly) to prevent that ‘rogue nation’ from developing nuclear weapons. Very late in the day, he has recently decided to try to craft a non-proliferation deal with Iran that is very similar to the deal that Iran offered the United States more than 12 years ago — the kind of deal that has been on the table from Iran for his entire presidency. It’s likely that the main spur to his belated attempt at deal-making stems from his realization that he desperately needs Iran’s help to quell the ungodly maelstrom of murder, ruin and extremism he and his predecessor (and their Saudi allies) have unleashed in the Middle East.

In any case, he has long insisted that the proliferation of nuclear weapons must be opposed and thwarted at all costs. Why then has he stepped in to stop the global framework for, er, thwarting nuclear proliferation? To protect a ‘rogue’ nuclear state which has illegally developed a vast ~ of nuclear weapons — and which adamantly refuses to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. (Unlike Iran, which has for years accepted an international inspection regimen far more rigorous than the Treaty calls for.)

The nuclear renegade is, of course, Israel. And the treaty review that Obama just killed would have called for a conference in 2016 on eliminating all nuclear weapons in the Middle East. Of course, only one nation in the Middle East actually has nuclear weapons. But Israel is concerned that such a conference would force it to acknowledge the existence of the large nuclear ~ that everyone in the world already knows it has.

So the United States — with the slavish support of its London lapdog and Ottawa underling — moved to kill the negotiations for the conference. The decision “has alarmed countries without nuclear weapons, who are increasingly frustrated by what they see as the slow pace of nuclear-armed countries to disarm,” the Post reports. “Amid a growing movement that stresses the humanitarian impact of nuclear weapons, Austria announced that 107 states have now signed a pledge calling for legal measures to ban and eliminate them.”

Of course, Obama’s action was not merely a benevolent service for Israel. For not only does the United States want to keep Israel as its nuclear-armed crusader fortress in the Middle East — it also has no intention whatsoever of eliminating its own nuclear ~. This will never happen, no matter which faction of militarist courtiers happens to wrap their candidate in the imperial purple for a time in 2016 or 2020 or 2024, etc. So any undermining of genuine efforts toward nuclear disarmament also serves America’s bipartisan agenda of unipolar domination of world affairs.

This is far more important than ridding the world of nuclear weapons — or even trying to control their proliferation. Now there are five years of open field ahead for more nations to jump into the nuclear club — including America’s Saudi buddies, who say they might get some nukes for their own selves if Obama cuts a deal with Iran … which, as every Western intelligence agency has avowed, is not actually trying to build a nuclear weapon.

To speak plainly and with no addition: America’s bipartisan elite would rather put the entire world into more nuclear peril than surrender a single iota for
their lust for loot and power.

http://tinyurl.com/nsg8yzx
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say a warm welcome to you. Welcome to this place! Thank you very much for joining us and putting such a wonderful post full of interesting point. As an English learner, it will take me a lot of time to digest those important points you have put finger on.

Thank you. I appreciated that your took your time to answer my post

I am not in a position to either argue or answer to your questions. I also cannot agree or disagree with your beliefs, since both need an in-depth knowledge of human beings' rights and some related subjects in the humanities. However, I don't like to leave your great post unanswered.

I talked about one thing inside human rights and that is our rights to make our own decision.

As you may know, my major is Physics. In physics, an observer stands in a frame of reference and describes the different physical phenomena which are happening around themselves. In other words, what an observer observed depends on the frame of reference s/he is in. In comparison with physics, too many different parameters are involved in social issues. This makes the study, description, judgment, observation - or whatever we call it - of human-related phenomena much more complicated. In this area, aside from the frame of reference and the variety of parameters and their complex relations with each other, the observer's judgments will be unwillingly affected by their culture, moods, background, religion, etc. Actually, someone who comments about the rightness or wrongness of something related to human beings is wearing dyed-glasses. What s/he sees is affected by the color of her/his glasses.

You said: "the observer's judgments will be unwillingly affected by their culture, moods, background, religion, etc." and this is the reason you think different than me ""

In order to understand your beliefs, I'd like to ask you about the meaning of freedom. Does it mean that a person has complete freedom of doing whatever s/he likes? Is there anything to limit his/her freedom? What can limit our freedom? I personally don't understand, for example, to what extent I have freedom of making decision or doing my favorite things.

You said: Does it mean that a person has complete freedom of doing whatever s/he likes?. This not about freedom, I took only one topic inside human rights and I am talking about our rights to make our own decision.

I really believe so, with one condition when this involved my person and nobody else. You said:"I have freedom of making decision or doing my favorite things". GOOD for you. Perhaps you don't know how it feel when someone makes decision for you. When someone doesn't consulted you and that decision can affect your life forever. Some people don't have freedom not even to do their favorites things.

In physics, a completely free particle has a continuous spectrum of energy. However, if we put a particle in a box(impose some limitations on it), its energy will be quantized in a way that the particle will have some particular amount of energy. As a rule, bounds(limits) force it to satisfy some boundary conditions, consequently, its freedom gets limited.

You said: "As a rule, bounds(limits) force it to satisfy some boundary conditions, consequently, its freedom gets limited.". I am wondering if you watched the video, maybe the video didn't pop up. I am talking about our rights as a human being to be able to make our own decision and nobody else.

Marriage, for example, imposes many bounds on us. A married person cannot have the same freedom that a single person has. How do you think? {-:

You said: "Marriage, for example, imposes many bounds on us. A married person cannot have the same freedom that a single person has. How do you think?"

I think that sex behavioral between singles and married couple is out of the context under human rights. Now, that you bring this up. I can tell that even in marriage someone will take away the other person rights. About your comment, maybe you don't know that some marriages have a lot of freedom and what they do, it doesn't concern me.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lett ... uman-right
http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/edumat/stu ... ation.html

Because of being social living in a society among other people, we have to satisfy some limits. As a result, I personally don't believe and even don't feel that I am a completely free person and I've got absolute freedom of doing whatever I like. {-:

You said: "we have to satisfy some limits. As a result, I personally don't believe and even don't feel that I am a completely free person and I've got absolute freedom of doing whatever I like. " Our human rights is not about satisfaction. I am not talking about freedom to do what ever we want...like kill or raped others. My opinion is about our freedom to make your own decisions.

Divina wrote:
I believe it isn't right to persuade, argue, judge other that doesn't think like us.

Yes, I agree with you. Consultation, sharing our experience, and giving advice are okay, but judging and persuading is not fair most of the time.

[b]Thank for your answer. It was a nice experience, maybe we can do this again. {-: [/b]

Hope to read more from you. So do I
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Sorry, I need to make myself more clear.

I really believe so, let me explain. I am talking about make our own decision and with one condition when this involved us and nobody else. You said:"I have freedom of making decision or doing my favorite things". GOOD for you. Perhaps you don't know how it feel when someone makes decision for you. When someone doesn't consulted you and that decision can affect your life forever. Some people don't have freedom not even to do their favorites things.
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

A must-read for Behnam and Mohsen!!!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Behnam,

A million thanks for your heartwarming words and moral support. No need to apologize since you’re doing your responsibility as a teacher very well. It’s my fortune that my writings are being followed by your subtle eyes. If you don’t share these vital tips with me, what should readers and audiences of mine do with my awkward style of writing? Huh??? LOL

You know, I was going to write something to you and make a connection between my lifelong dream of being a writer and your post about “feeling”. Unfortunately, I can’t concentrate at the time I’m writing to you…maybe some other time… All I know is that I’m still a learner who is in the beginning of a long bumpy road, and without doubt the warm friendly companionship of my friends’ and yours will be welcomed happily in this nice wonderful journey.

Anyway, I received an e-mail from a friend this morning. It was written;” Every time you tell me we shall not meet anytime soon. Are you trying to make me beg you? LOL
I’m sure, DAMN sure that Mohsen and you also would mutter these words after reading my current post. Winking!

Dear Behnam, there is only a few days left to the end of the present month and I have a lot to do. I already talked to you about that article that I’ve been working on for several months in row. I called a Ph.D student who used to be my teacher and asked him for favor. Now, he is the head of a research center in a hospital. He kindly and generously accepted my request without expecting anything in return. He said that he is working on his thesis too and I should give my paper to him very soon. The holy month of Ramadan is also coming. Hehehehe… I wonder if I have privilege of writing on forum very soon. Please, please, please, wish me luck.

Dear Mohsen,

Thank you very much for your kindness. The nice flower you had dedicated to me was so beautiful. I consider it the sign of your kindness and accept it happily.

By the way, may I ask you a question? Does your wife know the story of the flower? Hehehehe…. If not, forget all about it and don’t tell her anything about this story.

No matter for which purpose you have sent a flower to a young lady, your wife wouldn’t get satisfied with any logic and explanation. As a default feminine rule, even the most famous logicians in entire history are totally unable to convince a furious lady and satisfy her logic in similar situation. So, you’d better keep it a secret to keep yourself alive. It wasn’t a joke… This time I was quite serious! Hehehehe….
I was going to share a experience of mine about flower, or a rose bouquet actually in order to make it clearer but I’m running out of time. Maybe later… Just as a lesson, I learned flower should be treated with careful attention in our society. Hehehehehehe… Anyway, I really like to receive flower as a gift. What mostly matters to me is the purpose of the action rather than the performer of the action. LoL

Dear Mohsen, I’m not a translator. As a lazy girl, I just do translation for myself and my friends and never expect them anything in return.
As Mola Ali (PBUH) said: الزکات العلم نشره
So, you owe me nothing. OK?

By the way, I’ve already written to dear Behnam that how busy I am these days; however I really like to help you out. If you don’t mind I’ll edit your manuscript later after writing my own article. I hope other friends will also help you since I’m not an expert in translation. Could you let us know when you need those texts?

Have a blessed Ramadan in advance friends. Please don’t forget me in those holy moments too. OK?

Regards,
Hurieh
Apr 5th/ 2015
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Complete freedom of making decision is a sweet dream!

Post by behnam »

Hi Divina,

Thank you very much for your description and explanation. You've taken me wrong. It seems nobody is completely free to do whatever s/he likes. There are many restrictions, limits, and controls from different sources. For example, governmental rules and laws impose some restrictions on us. Religion introduces some other restrictions and limits. The social culture and traditional beliefs impose some controls too. The role of geography and its limits on us shouldn't be denied. I don't think there is complete freedom of choice for the individual. In fact, complete freedom to make decisions in accordance with what an individual likes or dislikes is a sweet dream. :lol: {-: :lol:

Hope to read more from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 5 June, 2015
Last edited by behnam on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Water the tree of friendship!

Post by behnam »

Hi Hurieh,

Thank you very much for informing us about your tasks. I wish you success and luck. However, we should know that friendship is like a small tree. Besides sunlight, it must be watered regularly. Please don't leave us for a time longer than one week. I don't know how, but putting at least one post in week is a must for you. Otherwise, I personally will miss you and the tree of friendship will be in danger of fading away(getting dried). Please dear, let's water it regularly. :lol: {-: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 5 June, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Divina

Post by setareh »

Dear Divina welcome to the thread.
I liked the topic that you and dear behnam discussed. I am not an expert or a knowledgeable person but in my opinion every body has its own point of view, so I like to drop a few lines. We all as a human beings have some rights, some basic rights that nobody can take them away from us. So many people have fought to gain some of these rights throughout the history that seems so obvious for us now. For instance the right to vote, to choose someone to run the country you live in, to have the right to participate in your country’s destiny or having right for education. Still we have so many women who are deprived of this right by so many reasons backed up by culture, religion or society. There are still so many discrimination of any kinds gender, race and etc.
Dear Divina I am not sure if I got what you mean about the medical issue of Ashley case, but I always wonder could doctors keep a person alive at any price. I think I have the right to choose whether I want to stay alive or not, but it seems some rules do not allow me to decide for my own life.
By making decisions for others life the person puts a huge burden on his/her shoulder but also the person who let others decide for him or her is responsible for that. As dear Behanm mentioned we are not free completely because we are limited by rules, culture, tradition and religion. So many rules have been changed. So many traditions have been abolished. People always fight for their rights; but most of them surrender and accept all the limitations, so they themselves are responsible for that.
Freedom is a very controversial issue. Some countries are more flexible for instance countries which are not concerned about religion they probably give more freedom to their people of course not the complete freedom. But countries that follow religion they are stricter therefore people’s freedom is limited. Let me give you an example singing for women is not allowed in religious country but it is not a big deal in countries that are not religious. Some culture praise dancing but some other abhors it.
Apart from all those issues there are some basic rights that are common among all human beings like the right to work , to study, to marry whom you love, to choose what you think is the best for you, to vote, to live wherever you want, to have your own belief and religion, and so on.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Hurieh,

Sorry to disturb you in your busy days, many people are dealt with examinations these days, I saw many students were studying in the libraries and parks, these days students get use to study their lessons while they wear headset in the ears, I am sure they never will be good students, because music kill half of their abilities for learning.\

I have no dead line for the text translation, I like to have a purpose for learning English , as you believe in what Imam Ali (AS) said: الزکات العلم نشره

I believe in what we read some verses of Quran every day (آیه الکرسی)

فَمَنْ یَکْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَیُؤْمِن بِاللّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَکَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىَ

A firm belief of God has a prerequisite, we should be angry against imperialist (طَّاغُوتِ ) which is the US government , so I believe this is my duty to show my anger by writing against US plans.

For the flower ,I agree with you. I should keep it secret ,because my wife is a very feeling base woman , and can’t bear that I give a nice flower to a girl.

I am eager to read the story of flower which you are supposed to write , thank you for accepting the flower by your beautiful painting :roll: , the flower which I gave you is because you are a kind teacher , the feeling between a student and a teacher .

At first I wanted to post the following picture ,

but I saw there is more feeling behind it , more than what is between a teacher and a student ,so I omitted some part of it and converted it to that picture.

Finally , I like the Ramadan very much , I hope my idea won’t be changed at the middle of Ramadan :-D :-D

Have a great day
Mohsen

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Divina ,

It is very difficult to accept what the other imposes us their behavior and thoughts, there are some basic law and rule which are vital in every society and every body accept it , but some times the rules is different for issues and activities , for example in some west countries there is freedom of speech , but this basic rule has some borders , if it was against their benefit ,they change the law ,put an article under it , In USA and many European country you are free to speak ,but If you want to discuss or write about holocaust , you will be arrested and taken to jail . There is freedom of wearing, but if you want to wear scarf or veil, they don’t let you have a job or going to students.
It is unbearable to have such discrimination in a society.

Please introduce yourself and let us know what motivate you to write about this topic.

Have a good time
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

I have to put my writing in 2 piece for this F##$%^^&^*&*&King people who generalized my writing.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Part 1
Thank you very much for your description and explanation. You've taken me wrong. It seems nobody is completely free to do whatever s/he likes. There are many restrictions, limits, and controls from different sources. For example, governmental rules and laws impose some restrictions on us. Religion introduces some other restrictions and limits. The social culture and traditional beliefs impose some controls too. The role of geography and its limits on us shouldn't be denied. I don't think there is complete freedom of choice for the individual. In fact, complete freedom to make decisions in accordance with what an individual likes or dislikes is a sweet dream.

I don’t like your laughing faces, but under my point of view you have rights to use any faces you like also write your thoughts and believes without being harass.

You said: "It seems nobody is completely free to do whatever s/he likes".
I am still thinking we are not in the same page. I am not talking about complete freedom to do whatever we like to do. You are the only one who is talking about complete freedom.

You are the only one who are generalizing when you said complete freedom to do whatever came to our minds (we like). Why you are who are generalizing because my writing doesn’t say complete freedom, even the US Human Rights doesn't say complete freedom, even US Constitutions doesn’t say complete freedom. May I know where in my writing I said complete freedom and do whatever we like.

You said: "There are many restrictions, limits, and controls from different sources".
For example, governmental rules and laws impose some restrictions on us. Religion introduces some other restrictions and limits. The social culture and traditional beliefs impose some controls too. The role of geography and its limits on us shouldn't be denied." This is true when you are talking about complete freedom to do whatever.

You said: "I don't think there is complete freedom of choice for the individual. Again you are talking about complete freedom.

I like when you wrote I DON’T THINK and that is what you believe. When we write I think, I believe, My opinion, My point of view etc… this means is your own thoughts about something.

You said: " In fact, complete freedom to make decisions in accordance with what an individual likes or dislikes is a sweet dream." Again you are talking about complete freedom. I would like to know, where in my writing says complete freedom?.

Let me say this: What is a sweet dream today but it could be a reality tomorrow. Why I am saying this, because dreamers are who make thing possible. What it wasn't possible yesterday, it could be possible today or maybe tomorrow.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Part 2

Ok, let's talk about your words complete freedom and whatever because you are still writing them. In my writing I am not generalizing not even using the word complete freedom or whatever we like, but you still trying to putt those words in my mouth again and again.

Let me tell you what I think about your comment.

I think there is nothing in a fact when we are talking about human being, because human are unpredictable. We always trying to improve ourselves and we want that our next generation achieves higher standards than us.

This was a fact. People thought in fact that the world was flat, but they were wrong.
If you lived in those time. In which group you would chose? The group who thought that the world was flat or dreamers' group who though it could be other possibility.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

What is a fact today is history tomorrow. I can give you some examples.

The observer observed that time are changing in some places faster than others and we are moving forward to a new era.

Let's bring some history information about the fact in human rights for example slavery in America, The Caribbean and others countries. Now, there is no more slavery. The slaves didn’t have rights to own a house, vote, education and other simple needs. They were mistreated, killed, raped and sold like a piece of meat.

I am sure that some of them thought than they will be slavers forever and a lot of them died under slavery. They thought that even the next generations will born being a slave. Also there were others slaves that never stop dreaming about a better tomorrow where they'll have rights to all basic needs and being treat with respect like any other human being then time changed and slavery was abolished. I am still talking in US because in some countries men are using their daughters to do marriage arrangement to pay debt.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalInt ... avery.aspx

People in US thought that we never are going to have a black president but they were wrong. We have a black Muslim man who won the presidency twice.
Please watch video where Obama says he is Muslim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY

What about England. They thought that they won't have a woman primer minister but they were wrong and Margaret Thatcher was one of the best primer minister in UK. Some people in US think that we won't have a woman president but I am sure that we are going to have a woman president. When? I don’t know, but time are changing. What it couldn’t be possible yesterday is it could be possible today or tomorrow.

What about women in some countries they didn't have rights to have an education or do something so simple like drive a car, get divorce or say NO to a marriage arrangement. People are starting thinking in different ways and they are doing changing to make this place a better place to live. Now in some countries this women have rights to do things that centuries of years ago they couldn’t do. Also we have students segregation, freedom of religion etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of ... on_in_Iran

All this have been possible because dreamers like you. They have a dreams to make this world a better place to live. Dreamers can see the lighter light where other only can see darkness.

Let's go back to my writing: I believe that each person has the rights to make their own decision and not one not even the government has rights to choose or make decision for us. I believe it isn't right to persuade, argue, judge other that doesn't think like us. I believe that each person in this world has the rights to make their own decision with out being harassed by others.

***This are my own believes even the title says respect for other people rights.

More part of my writing:
However people are forgetting our constitution and freedom that we have the rights to choose or do what we think is better for us. Also Human Rights requires empathy and the rule of law that impose an obligation on persons to respect the human rights of others. I believe that each person has the rights to make their own decision and not one not even the government has rights to choose or make decision for us….

What I meant: Our constitution and freedom. What constitution? The US Constitution: See link for our constitution: https://www.usconstitution.net/const.pdf
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Part 3

Human Rights (US human rights) says: The United States understands that the existence of human rights helps secure the peace, deter aggression, promote the rule of law, combat crime and corruption, strengthen democracies, and prevent humanitarian crises. Because the promotion of human rights is an important national interest, the United States seeks to:
• Hold governments accountable to their obligations under universal human rights norms and international human rights instruments;
• Promote greater respect for human rights, including freedom from torture, freedom of expression, press freedom, women's rights, children's rights, and the protection of minorities;
• Promote the rule of law, seek accountability, and change cultures of impunity;
• Assist efforts to reform and strengthen the institutional capacity of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and the UN Commission on Human Rights; and
• Coordinate human rights activities with important allies, including the EU, and regional organizations.

Let's go back to my writing.
There will be always a person that want to control others in different ways. A example of this is medical procedures that violate civil rights. This can be seen in Ashley when she was six year old she had a surgical procedures that removed her breast buds, uterus and she received high doses of hormones to keep her permanently small.

What I meant: A mental challenge girl had a surgery when she was six year old and some one made this decision for her. Now in US even mental challenge people has the rights to say NO to this kinds of procedures. Then my writing was in base my life living under US Constitution and US Human Right. The whole writing is about US even my example are about US.
At the end I wrote what I think about harassed others with different decision (opinion), please read: "I believe that each person in this world has the rights to make their own decision with out being harassed by others".
Then I continue making myself clear than me as a human being I will respect others rights, please read my closing.
Now my last paragraph about me, because my whole writing is about me interaction with other. "I can disagree with a lot of thing with others, but it is not my rights to tell them that under my own view they are wrong, because the truth is that at the same time under their own view they are right. I can disagree in a lot of thing but that doesn't give me rights to make comments about other people decisions." THE END

I don’t judge others for their belief or the place they were born. I open to love, respect and feel compaction etc. for others don’t matter our difference because I can see the person as human being not as a label or stereotype.

It's possible that we don’t think alike but we respect each other differences.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Dear Divina welcome to the thread.
I liked the topic that you and dear behnam discussed. I am not an expert or a knowledgeable person but in my opinion every body has its own point of view, so I like to drop a few lines. We all as a human beings have some rights, some basic rights that nobody can take them away from us. So many people have fought to gain some of these rights throughout the history that seems so obvious for us now. For instance the right to vote, to choose someone to run the country you live in, to have the right to participate in your country’s destiny or having right for education. Still we have so many women who are deprived of this right by so many reasons backed up by culture, religion or society. There are still so many discrimination of any kinds gender, race and etc.
Dear Divina I am not sure if I got what you mean about the medical issue of Ashley case, but I always wonder could doctors keep a person alive at any price. I think I have the right to choose whether I want to stay alive or not, but it seems some rules do not allow me to decide for my own life.
By making decisions for others life the person puts a huge burden on his/her shoulder but also the person who let others decide for him or her is responsible for that. As dear Behanm mentioned we are not free completely because we are limited by rules, culture, tradition and religion. So many rules have been changed. So many traditions have been abolished. People always fight for their rights; but most of them surrender and accept all the limitations, so they themselves are responsible for that.
Freedom is a very controversial issue. Some countries are more flexible for instance countries which are not concerned about religion they probably give more freedom to their people of course not the complete freedom. But countries that follow religion they are stricter therefore people’s freedom is limited. Let me give you an example singing for women is not allowed in religious country but it is not a big deal in countries that are not religious. Some culture praise dancing but some other abhors it.
Apart from all those issues there are some basic rights that are common among all human beings like the right to work , to study, to marry whom you love, to choose what you think is the best for you, to vote, to live wherever you want, to have your own belief and religion, and so on.

I am tired of this already I NEVER WROTE THE WORD COMPLETE FREEDOM AND DO WHATEVER WE LIKE. WHO USED THOSE WORD WAS BEHANAM AND HE TRIED TO PUT THEM IN MY MOUTH AGAIN AND AGAIN. NOW YOU ARE THE SECOND ONE HERE PUTTING WORD IN MY MOUNTH. PLEASE BACK OFF OF MY BACK AND STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.
Last edited by Divina on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

I AM SICK AND TIRED, STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH
Last edited by Divina on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN I WROTE THE F%&U&%%ing word COMPLETE FREEDOM AND DO WHATERVER WE LIKE. I SAID THAT TO BEHAMAN A FEW TIME BUT HE STILL PUTTING THOSE WORDS IN MY MOUTH. CAN SOME ONE GO BACK TO MY FU@$#%#$^&^ing writing and TELL ME WHEN I WROTE COMPLETE FREEDOM AND DO WHATEVER WE LIKE. FU$&&$$567K!!!

PEOPLE READ THINK EVEN WHEN ARE NOT THERE.
Last edited by Divina on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

NEXT TIME PEOPLE GO READ THE WHOLE F#@$%^%#%&KING. I WONT POST IT AGAIN AND LOOK FOR IT. DO A FAVOR TO YOUSELF AND OTHER STOP, STOP PUTTING WORDS IN OTHERS PEOPLE MOUTH.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Freedom in cage!

Post by behnam »

Hi Divina,

Many thanks for your posts. Would you please use the writing facilities such as size, colour, etc.? Small fonts bother my eyes. So sorry dear Divina!

I am not putting words into your mouth. What I am saying is simple: Nobody has complete freedom of choice! Let me tell you a real problem of my city. In my city, some young boys and girls who belong to rich families have chosen an unusual happy. Being from rich families, they have got luxurious cars. In the evening, they come out from houses with their cars; drive on boulevards at high speed; cause troubles to other drivers (specially to female drivers) and tell them dirty words! If the police stop them and ask them why, they say; "we are entertaining ourselves with driving, how much is the fine?" The police cannot do anything to them, because they are connected to so called important people!

When someone's freedom causes troubles to someone else, it is not freedom. It is a threat! That's why we need to have laws and rules in our societies. Having laws isn't enough. We must obey them no matter we belong to the rich and famous or to the poor.

Hope to read more from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 9 June, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Freedom in cage!

Post by Divina »

behnam wrote:Hi Divina,

Many thanks for your posts. Would you please use the writing facilities such as size, colour, etc.? Small fonts bother my eyes. So sorry dear Divina!

I am not putting words into your mouth. What I am saying is simple: Nobody has complete freedom of choice! Let me tell you a real problem of my city. In my city, some young boys and girls who belong to rich families have chosen an unusual happy. Being from rich families, they have got luxurious cars. In the evening, they come out from houses with their cars; drive on boulevards at high speed; cause troubles to other drivers (specially to female drivers) and tell them dirty words! If the police stop them and ask them why, they say; "we are entertaining ourselves with driving, how much is the fine?" The police cannot do anything to them, because they are connected to so called important people!

When someone's freedom causes troubles to someone else, it is not freedom. It is a threat! That's why we need to have laws and rules in our societies. Having laws isn't enough. We must obey them no matter we belong to the rich and famous or to the poor.

YES YOU ARE ! You know why? because my writing doesn't say COMPLETE FREEDOM even the writing is under Our Constitution (US Constitution) also our human rights.
Under our constitution and our human rights we (American Citizen) have rights to make decision. What rights? I was talking those rights that we (American citizen) have. Where we have those rights? I am talking about those rights given to us under our constitution and our human rights. Let me write them again US constitutions and our Human Rights. If you read them, NO even one of them says that we (US citizen) have complete rights to do whatever we want to.

Then arguing with me about COMPLETE FREEDOM and do WHATEVER again and again, it sound that my writing says complete freedom or whatever we want to, but doesn't say so. The writing is talking about ME and my believe that I don't see fine (oK) that other take those rights than have being given to us. I said that I won't make decision for another person and I wont judge other for their decisions.

You said: 'In the evening, they come out from houses with their cars; drive on boulevards at high speed; cause troubles to other drivers (specially to female drivers)"

Specially female drivers, OMG you are generalizing again. Here men cause more car accident than women.
Please read it:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/men-vs-wome ... r-drivers/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... dents.html

http://www.younginjurylaw.com/Articles/ ... ents.shtml

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/battle ... d=13841063

I have been driving for more than 13 years. I don't have even one car accident. I was stopped by the polices 3 times, for study things. I didn't get any ticket, because I am very polite to them. How I am polite?, so easy I never argue with them.

You don't have any idea how many time men drivers cut of front of me with so much hurry like they are giving birth.

You said: " If the police stop them and ask them why, they say; "we are entertaining ourselves with driving, how much is the fine?" The police cannot do anything to them, because they are connected to so called important people!"

I don't live in your country but here even important people can be stop by the police and even being arrested.

Here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -more.html

http://norml.org/library/arrest-reports ... and-famous

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyhennen/32- ... .vlDzbqPPm

WITH CRIMINAL RECORS
http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/c ... .vw8Q3jaaJ

You said: "When someone's freedom causes troubles to someone else, it is not freedom. It is a threat! That's why we need to have laws and rules in our societies. Having laws isn't enough. We must obey them no matter we belong to the rich and famous or to the poor."

You write in base of your own experience in your country. My writing in base in my own experience in US under our constitution and our human rights. Those rights that have been given to us under our constitution and our human rights. No one of them says WE have COMPLETE FREEDOM to do WHATEVER we like. If you read it again I used our constitution, our human rights. I wrote that here people takes other rights. I am talking about my experience when some one closer to me, made a decision on my back and that decision still affecting me.

I didn't wrote it directly, but what there hiding in my writing. That why at the end I said " I can disagree with a lot of thing with others, but it is not my rights to tell them that under my own view they are wrong, because the truth is that at the same time under their own view they are right. I can disagree in a lot of thing but that doesn't give me rights to make comments about other people decisions."
I was talking about me!!! and my own experience when someone take away something that belong only to you in this case to me. I said I wont do that to others.

Then when you made that comments again and again trying to argue with me about COMPLETE FREEDOM. I asked myself again and again WHERE in my writing I talked about COMPLETE FREDOM or even WHATEVER we like. Why you are arguing with me about that? Did I wrote that? NO, I didn't, then why you still arguing with me? Why? I don't know but I got sick and tired trying to explain myself.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

You said: "When someone's freedom causes troubles to someone else, it is not freedom. It is a threat! That's why we need to have laws and rules in our societies. Having laws isn't enough. We must obey them no matter we belong to the rich and famous or to the poor."

Here important rich people get arrested and goes to jail like everybody else.

With criminal records
http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/celebrities-you-never-knew-had-criminal-records#.bfwO16yyX
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Dear Divina

Post by Divina »

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

A correction!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. I often make many mistakes in my posts. Well, I am an English learner and my English is not good. So sorry. I apologize for them. One of them needs to be corrected, since it is so silly.:
behnam wrote: In my city, some young boys and girls who belong to rich families have chosen an unusual happy.
I meant an unusual 'hobby' no 'happy'! :lol:

Dear Divina, you maybe don't read my posts carefully. I asked you to make your font larger. Small fonts bother my eyes. By the way, why do you get confused even with some simple clear sentences? Have a look at this one:
behnam wrote:In the evening, they come out from houses with their cars; drive on boulevards at high speed; cause troubles to other drivers (specially to female drivers) and tell them dirty words!
You have wrote:
Divina wrote:OMG you are generalizing again. Here men cause more car accident than women.
What I said is clear! 'Cause troubles to other drivers' means 'bother them'!It seems you put words into my mouth, not me! :lol: {-: :lol:

Anyway, you are right.

All the best,
Behnam,, 10 June, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Human Rights

Post by Mohsen »

Hi,

Although, the United States of America claims to be a protector of Human Rights around the world, and each year assesses the HR situation in each country, it remains to be asked where its own situation in terms of respecting and protecting Human Rights is. A closer look at the US record of Human Rights, one can see that the US itself is one of the main violators of Human Rights. As soon as we all hear the phrase the phrase “Human Rights”, the painful memories of Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, and Bagram prisons remind us of the Human Rights violations committed by the US government.
However these violations are not limited to the violent incidents after 9/11. The US, which has introduced itself as the sole protector of humanity and for that claim threatens and even attacks other countries, is violating Human Rights inside its country in terms of torture of prisoners, police brutality, racial discrimination.
The following titles are human right violation in US , if I write the details of each title ,it will be a long article , you know about black people in US and what the the US police did against them , I don’t know how many of black people were killed by police ,but I heard 1 person/28 hour and police again and again shoots them as if the constitution law was not written for blacks

You can search the following titles

Violations of prisoners’ rights
Bagram Prison
Widespread Human Rights Violations in California Isolation Units
Torture and force feeding of hunger strikers
Arbitrary Detention and Violation of Criminal Justice System laws
Breach of Privacy
Phone Hacking
Violation of privacy in cyberspace
Maintaining the laws violating citizens’ private sphere
Violation of the Rights of Minorities
Violation of the privacy of Muslims in New York
Violation of the rights of indigenous people
Breaches of the immigrants’ rights in the U.S.
Racial Discrimination
Racial Discrimination in the US legal system
Racial Discrimination in U.S Economic System
Racial Discrimination in Law Enforcement
Trayvon Martin killing and Zimmerman acquittal
Miriam Carey killing near the White House
13 year-old Darius Simons; a victim of violence
Increasing Police Violence against Blacks
Racism in Cultural system
Racism in Educational system
Racism in Judicial System
Violation of Children rights in America
violation of freedom of speech
Edward Snowden
Bradly Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison
Obama as the “enemy of freedom of speech and press”
Rising numbers of Sexual Assaults on Female Soldiers
Continuity of sexual violence against women in American society

Bye
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Human Rights

Post by Divina »

Mohsen wrote:
Hi,

Although, the United States of America claims to be a protector of Human Rights around the world, and each year assesses the HR situation in each country, it remains to be asked where its own situation in terms of respecting and protecting Human Rights is. A closer look at the US record of Human Rights, one can see that the US itself is one of the main violators of Human Rights. As soon as we all hear the phrase the phrase “Human Rights”, the painful memories of Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, and Bagram prisons remind us of the Human Rights violations committed by the US government.
However these violations are not limited to the violent incidents after 9/11. The US, which has introduced itself as the sole protector of humanity and for that claim threatens and even attacks other countries, is violating Human Rights inside its country in terms of torture of prisoners, police brutality, racial discrimination.
The following titles are human right violation in US , if I write the details of each title ,it will be a long article , you know about black people in US and what the the US police did against them , I don’t know how many of black people were killed by police ,but I heard 1 person/28 hour and police again and again shoots them as if the constitution law was not written for blacks

You can search the following titles

Violations of prisoners’ rights
Bagram Prison
Widespread Human Rights Violations in California Isolation Units
Torture and force feeding of hunger strikers
Arbitrary Detention and Violation of Criminal Justice System laws
Breach of Privacy
Phone Hacking
Violation of privacy in cyberspace
Maintaining the laws violating citizens’ private sphere
Violation of the Rights of Minorities
Violation of the privacy of Muslims in New York
Violation of the rights of indigenous people
Breaches of the immigrants’ rights in the U.S.
Racial Discrimination
Racial Discrimination in the US legal system
Racial Discrimination in U.S Economic System
Racial Discrimination in Law Enforcement
Trayvon Martin killing and Zimmerman acquittal
Miriam Carey killing near the White House
13 year-old Darius Simons; a victim of violence
Increasing Police Violence against Blacks
Racism in Cultural system
Racism in Educational system
Racism in Judicial System
Violation of Children rights in America
violation of freedom of speech
Edward Snowden
Bradly Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison
Obama as the “enemy of freedom of speech and press”
Rising numbers of Sexual Assaults on Female Soldiers
Continuity of sexual violence against women in American society

Bye
Mohsen

Hi

I am going to answer with my writing. Here part of my writing.

Argument, persuasive or make decision for other person, a lot of people think they have rights to do that. Do you think people have rights to tell others what to do with their life? However people are forgetting our constitution and freedom that we have the rights to choose or do what we think is better for us. Also Human Rights requires empathy and the rule of law that impose an obligation on persons to respect the human rights of others. I believe that each person has the rights to make their own decision and not one not even the government has rights to choose or make decision for us.

Here more:
When the government, rulers and simple people has the power to choose what is better for others then at that moment they are starting taking people rights away. When we give this kind of power to others we are losing our rights to choose what we think is better for us.

Then I wound like to know where in my writing says those rights are not has been violated even for the government and others. You still arguing with me for something I didn't wrote. If you go back to my writing, says those rights has been violated. I gave examples about it, and doesn't say any way that we have COMPLETE FREDOM to do WHATERVER we like. Let me say this again: My writing says our rights has been violated by others including the government, but they don't have the rights to do that and we can not allow them, because those rights under Our constitution and our human rights has been given to us.

This is worst that putting words in someone mouth. You not why? because my writing is in black and white (meaning its in writing).

Have a wonderful day.
Last edited by Divina on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Please people read first before starting arguing.

Thank you.
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: A correction!

Post by Divina »

behnam wrote:Hi friends,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. I often make many mistakes in my posts. Well, I am an English learner and my English is not good. So sorry. I apologize for them. One of them needs to be corrected, since it is so silly.:
behnam wrote: In my city, some young boys and girls who belong to rich families have chosen an unusual happy.
I meant an unusual 'hobby' no 'happy'! :lol:

Dear Divina, you maybe don't read my posts carefully. I asked you to make your font larger. Small fonts bother my eyes. By the way, why do you get confused even with some simple clear sentences? Have a look at this one:
behnam wrote:In the evening, they come out from houses with their cars; drive on boulevards at high speed; cause troubles to other drivers (specially to female drivers) and tell them dirty words!
You have wrote:
Divina wrote:OMG you are generalizing again. Here men cause more car accident than women.
What I said is clear! 'Cause troubles to other drivers' means 'bother them'!It seems you put words into my mouth, not me! :lol: {-: :lol:

Anyway, you are right.

You said: How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. I often make many mistakes in my posts. Well, I am an English learner and my English is not good. So sorry. I apologize for them. One of them needs to be corrected, since it is so silly.

Don't worry I wrote more mistake than you, especially when I upset, for example I wrote: study when I meant stupid and others mistake like goes when I meant go. Anyway I am aware of my mistakes. You are not the only one who laugh about them.

You said: What I said is clear! 'Cause troubles to other drivers' means 'bother them'!It seems you put words into my mouth, not me! :lol: {-: :lol:

I learned from YOU, You are my teacher. You see I am a fast learner. :lol:

See you soon
Take care
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Mohsen!

Post by behnam »

Hi Dear Mohsen,

How are you my old friend? I hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for your valuable contribution to the stability of this thread. We have been together for a bout 7 years. This is really amazing. I really appreciate the lasting friendship we have got together.

As you know, we used to write on WWW.English-at-home.com. For some reasons, we had to leave that site. After searching for a place to continue practicing English, we found this site a proper place to put our posts. It goes without saying that this site is one of the best places for practicing English. We've been here since 2012. We hope to continue practicing English on this site for unlimited time. For this purpose, we have to follow the rules and avoid introducing heated topics. We have to avoid political issues, since we are not politicians. We have to respect all nations, all religions, and all cultures. We have to confine ourselves to some general topics. If our goal is practicing English, why not writing about some general topics? Why not writing about

'People prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced ones. Why do you think this happens? Should the government support local film makers financially?'

or about 'Nowadays in some countries the numbers of children aged 15 and younger are increasing. What are the current and future effects of ever increasing population?'

or about 'Some people think that the government should fund music, dance and arts lessons for children. Others think that they should be funded by private businesses or by children's families. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.'

or about 'Internet contains a lot of information, however, sometimes this information is inaccurate or wrong. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?'

or about 'Some people believe that the radio is the best way to get news, while others believe that TV is better for this purpose. Discus both views and give your opinion.'

which have been writing tasks in 2015 IELTS exams in Uzbekistan, Iran, Pakistan, Canada, and the USA respectively?

There is no topic shortage! Why not writing about the reasons behind dried rivers and dried lakes? Why not writing about the reasons behind widespread corruptions in some societies? Why not writing about reasons behind ever increasing number of crimes and criminals? There are many interesting topics, if we just focus on the area which we are supposed to write about. I believe, that's better to leave the politics to politicians, and criticisms to critics in newspapers and other related places. We are some English learners. We must care about our thread and its future. Do you agree?

All the best,
Behnam, 10 June, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Hi Behanam

I found out that we say things in different way, but has the same meaning. I say: Putting word in my mouth. You say: Putting words into mouth and both are right.

Here some example:
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+words+in+mouth

Here politician saying Stop putting words in my mouth
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stop-it-your ... r-comment/

I people here use IN and people in your country use INTO, but both are right

OMG about mistake I just wrote more. I wrote "Then I wound like to know where in my writing says those rights are not has been violated ..."
mistake: are not has been,
then is : rights hasn't been ...
:oops:

ooh about big letter I just found how to do it. :oops:

I was using my keyboard to make the letter bigger. I click Ctrl and the key next to backspace + or -
+ to make the letter big
- to make the letter small

Have a nice day
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Divina!

Post by behnam »

Hi dear Divina,

Many thanks for posting some interesting and informative posts in this thread. You are really a gift from God to me as an English learner. I learn many things from your posts.

In my country, people don't speak English. As you may know, our official language is Persian.

I think, 'put words into somebody's mouth' is used more. I bet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I make many mistakes. But, you know, even in my mother tongue, if I write an essay, I will make some mistakes. That's Okay! :lol:

Thank you once again for using colourful large font.

Hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 June, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Hi Divina!

Post by Divina »

behnam wrote:Hi dear Divina,

Many thanks for posting some interesting and informative posts in this thread. You are really a gift from God to me as an English learner. I learn many things from your posts.

In my country, people don't speak English. As you may know, our official language is Persian.

I think, 'put words into somebody's mouth' is used more. I bet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I make many mistakes. But, you know, even in my mother tongue, if I write an essay, I will make some mistakes. That 'say! :lol:

Thank you once again for using colourful large font.

Hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 June, 2015
Hi Dear Behnam

OMG I don't know what you can learn from me!! :shock:
Let me reminder you that I was born in an American territory were people speak Spanish, then English is not my tongue language.
If you want to learn Spanish I will teach you for free :lol:
About Putting words in my mouth that is the way here people say it even politicians say it in that way. Please see link.

Here is the link:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stop-it-your ... r-comment/

Here some of the comments from the link:

On the contrary, Kelly asserted, citing one of the conservative group’s claims that they lost a $30,000 donation because of their status limbo. “That was not under testimony or under oath,” McDermott dismissed.

“He was lying,” the Fox host asked, “is this your answer to that?”

“Miss Kelly, you are putting words in my mouth,” he answered. “You are putting words in my mouth. Stop it.”

Later on during the segment, Kelly suggested to McDermott that “You seem to put the burden on honest American citizens who are applied for the status.”

“You are wrong,” he flatly responded. “I am not putting the burden on them. I am explaining the process. If you ask for tax exemption, you have to be prepared for justify."

Have a great day
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Dear Behnam

You said: I think, 'put words into somebody's mouth' is used more. I bet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You lost you bet, both are right :!!: :!!:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dict ... ne-s-mouth
http://forum.wordreference.com/threads/ ... th.666360/
http://english-zone.com/idioms/mouth1a.html

Here a copy and paste from online dictionary/American-English

Definition of "put words in someone’s mouth" - American English Dictionary
put words in someone’s mouth .

› to say that someone means one thing when the person really meant something else:
I never said you should leave – don't put words in my mouth

Take care

Nice chatting with you.
Have a nice day
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Hi Dear Behnam

I would like to know what do you think about this:
How Science Proves That We Actually Don’t Exist

The information is too long to do a post here

I was wondering if could be possible if you open the links

Here are the links:
http://www.kyranarcher.com/how-science- ... ont-exist/
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/co ... p?id=63575

I am not a science person. I just a humble person with a lot of emotions and feelings.

I will appreciate you comments about this topic.

By the way my essays doesn't have mistake,
but my answers to your comments, Yes, I made mistakes.
I don't give too much thought about it, something I learned through all this years is... I don't give... or care about what others say about me, because at the end they don't pay my bills and they don't live my life.

I used to care about what others think or say about me, but not anymore... in my country we have an idioms: La gente nunca tiene nada bueno que decir sobre los demas. This means: People never say something good about others. I learned that people always are rude to others, but they do it in the nicest way. You know that way. The nicest way is Sarcasm. People are sarcastic. I know when some one is sarcastic and I don't care. I am not stuck up.

I hope we can chat soon, take care
Divina
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Divina »

Hi Dear behnam

I am going to post part of both links, but please read the links. I am sure you don't need to read them because you know about it.

July 1, 2013 by Kyran Archer

Yep, this is going to be fun! I will propose the most convincing theory on the origin of mankind you have ever read, backed up by the wonderful concept of science! You know… sort of anyway… Beware, though: there might be a high velocity of irony, philosophy and perhaps some subtle mockery ahead!

So… first of all, an issue which seems to have been chasing humanity through the ages is the issue of our existence. How can we possibly exist? This fundamental question has led to the emergence of hundreds, if not thousands of different religions, and, more recently, also to a lot of scientific research that began ever since Darwin put forward his controversial theory of evolution.

Now, the nice thing about science is that it can actually be reasoned against. Religion, on the other hand, is something that is hard, if not impossible, to disprove, as there seems to be no reason to think that there is not some almighty being up there in the sky. The only reason to think that there isn’t would be if you asked the question “How can that almighty being possibly exist?”, but then again, we already asked that question about the existence of mankind, and asking the same question twice… well… that’s just too confusing for this blog post.......See link
http://www.kyranarcher.com/how-science- ... ont-exist/

You don't exist, so don't worry about it
Posted on Tuesday, 7 March, 2006 | 105 comments
Columnist: Ken Korczak

What are you worried about right now? Well, it’s an almost guarantee that you are worried about nothing, for the very reason that you don’t exist! You have no worries because you have no mind or body or life to worry with — it’s all an illusion. No worries, but more significantly, no worrier. If you think this sounds like utter nonsense, some of the most brilliant scientists, philosophers and theological thinkers of our century would disagree with you.Science and math suggest that we humans don’t exist, (even though there is really no math or science — more illusions!)The advent of quantum mechanics and modern physics increasingly imply that our existence as human beings is a kind of persistent illusion. We are under the false assumption that we’re people, we only imagine we have bodies and brains, and minds functioning inside those brains.

Illusions, all of it. Listen to what one of the greatest physicists of the century, Authur Eddington said of quantum theories:“In the world of physics…the shadow of my elbow rests on the shadow table as the shadow ink flows over the shadow paper…the frank realization that physical science is concerned with a world of shadow is one of the most significant of recent advances.”

By “shadow” Eddington meant illusion. More than any other science, it is particle physics that is confronting the fundamentals of reality, and more and more, the evidence point to the fact there is no reality!For the past 300-some years, the world has been under the impression that everything is made up of atoms, “the building blocks of the universe.” It was the great Isaac Newton who solidified our impression that atoms were like billiard balls. Pile enough of them on top of each other, set them in motion and you get rocks, trees, animals and people.But in 1900 Albert Einstein’s hero, the brilliant Max Planck, revealed some incredibly disturbing discoveries he made while trying to solve problems concerning the radiation of energy.To make a long story short, Planck was forced to conclude that matter at its most fundamental level is not continuous, not solid. There are no tiny billiard balls. When you break down an atom, you get an electron, a proton and maybe a neutron. But it turns out these are not the smallest units either. You can break things down further to bosons, quarks, W particles, tachyons and a lot of other shadowy “things” that just sort of wink in and out of existence......
See link http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/co ... p?id=63575

Thanks Behnam for share your knowledge in this topic
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

What a Nice Coincidence Behnam!!!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Behnam,

I’m really grateful for your caring and also the value you put on the members of this wonderful circle that you’ve been professionally running for a long time. Your remarkable attempts in making such a nice place for devoted learners and your superb skills in keeping it alive after such a long time are truly impressive and admirable. I take this opportunity to sincerely appreciate you for all you’ve taught me during the time I’ve been here. These are not simple compliments. I mean what I say.

Oh…what a nice analogy! You beautifully analogized friendship with a small tree that needs special care to grow and give fruit. You’re right. We should have commitment to this place that provides us with the opportunity to express ourselves, to learn from each other, to be seen and to be heard. In fact, that’s the gold key that enabled you as the leader of the group to keep this tree alive so far.

I frankly confess that if I were, I couldn’t do all you’ve done for this nice tree as well as you and also all of our nice friends. Instead, I would plant a tree or plant that doesn’t need so much attention and regular watering—something like cactus (smiling), or I might apply drip irrigation system to prevent myself from the trouble of hand watering (winking). Joking aside, I put value on your commitment regarding this tree or better to say friendship, and try to do my responsibility towards it as much as I possibly can. However, you’ve got this capability to keep this nice tree from death whether my presence here fade away or not for a while.

By the way, have you ever noticed whenever someone complains about being busy something will happen that makes the situation even worse? This week I couldn’t do anything except hosting my uncle and his wife who came here from Tehran to do dental implant. I was taking care of him like a full time nurse and couldn’t concentrate on my tasks. He had severe bleeding and awful pain. They left us just this evening. Hopefully, he was quite fine when he left us and will be back in coming week to continue his surgery. I also filled up my free time with replying the e-mails of a friend who was a bit narcissist and arrogant these a few days before...It was funny...LOL...

Gotta go! This time I won’t complain anymore. Instead, I optimistically say; “Everything is OK.”

Regards,
Hurieh
Apr 11th/ 2015

P.S. Dear Behnam, as you probably know, Fifth of June is the World Environment Day. In Iran, 15th to 21st of June is considered as the Environment Week. You made me keep a tree alive in the Environment Week. What a nice coincidence! Smiling.
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

A challenging action!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mohsen,

A million thanks for your nice post and wonderful flower...Oh…Sounds like you didn’t like my painting. I should say that I used whatever I had in (Chanteh) to share my true feelings. In other words, Emkanat dar hamin had boud dear Mohsen! ):

By the way, you’re not supposed to call me teacher Mohsen. I’m an ordinary learner here. Our friends and you have taught me a lot. I really appreciate it. (Now you should find another reason for giving me that nice rose flower. Poor Mohsen! What is this challenging action you have done!?!?! LOL)

Dear Mohsen, I should say that your wife isn’t exception in that sense. She would do the same thing that about all of the women might do in the same situation. And it’s not a negative reaction by women since it shows the level of love a wife owns towards her husband. The more severe the reaction, the more love she owns to her husband. I’m sure your lovely wife would have the severest reaction one can imagine regarding that action. Winking!

By the way, the moral of my story that I’ve shared with you was more important than the story itself. However, I will share my experience with you in a concise form. Here goes:
Last month, I received a letter (I don’t know the equivalent of “daavat nameh” ) in which I was invited to a ceremony on the occasion of Teacher’s Day holding by students. The ceremony was going to be held in the suburb university at 7:30 PM. I was expected to be on the way for about one hour to reach there and it wasn’t clear how long the ceremony would last. So, I completely overlooked it.

The other day, I was in nursing station of the hospital that heard some students were calling me. Nursing station was so crowded as usual filled with staff and students. So they asked me to go out. I told them that I’ll join them in the cafetria of hospital later. I joined them there. They started complaining that I didn’t put value on their works and their kindness, Blah.Blah.Blah. I apologized and tried to convince them with my reasons. When I was leaving there to come back to ward, they kindly gave me an artificial bouquet and a nice postal card as the reminders of that ceremony. They also asked for my e-mail ID to send the photos of the ceremony to me.

Well. I came back to the station to put their gifts in the next room where we are expected to keep our belongings. When I entered the station, I saw several curious eyes looking at me and that bouquet in my hand. I decided to share the story of the flower to avoid being the butt of their naughty jokes. You should know that hospital staff are a bit naughty in making fun of each other. I’m not a registered nurse and their colleague, so they usually treat me carefully and don’t let themselves to play jokes on me. Instead, they do backbiting that is much worse. Well… I explained the story and they showed their approval by shaking their heads. Upon I left them they started whispering and gossiping. I was in the other room and could find out they are making fun of me in my absence regardless of what I’d said. I told myself; “ Let it go.” LoL

I’d like to repeat that flower should be treated with careful attention in our society. I won’t explain the further troubles I underwent to reach home by that bouquet at hand. LOL

Regards,
Hurieh
Apr 11th/ 2015

P.S. Dear Mohsen, don’t forget that my friends and I are still waiting impatiently for the way you are going to convince us about the story of your flower…Heheheee.