Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

You are right. Keep on going your own way. I wish you success.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 Feb, 2012

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Behnam,
Thanks that you approved my way. Today I am very happy ,because all jobs i was expected to do were done. I am satisfied , now I open the site , drinking a mug of black and green tea , listen to a happy pop music and writing you. I should be ready for going to swimming pool after few minutes , one of my friend will pick me up to the swimming pool .The weather is cloudy and I can smell the rain which will come very soon.
I am sure tomorrow will be marvel louse. A good day for running beside the river.
How is the weather in Tehran? ,will you do your regular exercise tomorrow?
Have good day, and a better one tomorrow.
Mohsen
:-D
setayesh

Post by setayesh »

Hi My dear friends;

I hope you are all fine.To be honest this is my secound post in this new thread.when I joined here I wrote a post which appeared on the third page with a long delay.perhaps no one has seen it :-( since you were writing on the 5th page at that time.Anyway,I've missed you all alot.

All the best
Setayesh.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,
Have heard the news , I listened to the news , I can’t believe it one famous American converted to Islam , and it was happen today in my city Esfahan , the news is that Sean Stone, son of American Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone converted to Islam in Isfahan and selected the name of Ali for himself at the age of 27

{-: {-:
Mohsen
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Stayesh,
I miss you ,Please have a mercy on yourself , how much strict are you on your studying , you welcome ,waiting for your posts
All the best
Mohsen
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for your reply. It was raining and snowing last night. There is a little snow on the ground and on cars(on cold places). The weather is cold.

I used to have a one-hour walk in the park near my parents' flat. For some reasons, this year I stopped it. However, next year I am going to start it again.

Yes, I read it on the Internet (on Yahoo). I didn't know that the event has happened in Isfahan. Why in Isfahan? Is it a Muslim-maker city?

How is your back? Do you still suffer from back pain?

All the best,
Behnam, 16 Feb, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hiiiiiiiii Setayesh,

Very happy to see you among us in the new nest; Welcome back honey. :-D :-D :-D

I was waiting for you and your great posts. You should know how much I enjoy your presence here; thanks for joining us*

How was the exam? I really hope you have done it in the best way and you'll be student again next year! :-)

Don't hesitate to write as much as you can; I really miss your English.

Hope to read from you soon,

All the best,
Elham
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

It's snowing in the Tehran! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
setayesh

Post by setayesh »

Hi Mohsen,

How are you my old friend?many thanks for your quick reply to my post.Oh man I'm not as strick as you think,you know the problem is this;I just can't consentrate on several things at the same time.it's absolutly terrible;since you lose lots of things! one of several things that I've lost was my english indeed.it's got really rusty.

Tell me about yourself and your city.How's everything with you beautiful city Isfahan nesfe jahan ;-) ?If you like to know about here it's cold and rainy now.

All the best,
Setayesh
setayesh

Post by setayesh »

Hi Elham,

Thank you so much for welcoming me.And thanks for your nice words about me and my english.My exam was yesterday,thank God it was ok.

Oh Elham I'm in a horry I just wantted to write a quick post to let you know that I've read your post.I'm going to go shopping now(a new overcoat). so sorry for my short post.I'll promise to write more late.

kisses

Setayesh
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

I read that article but found nothing new in it! It was full of some incorrect interpretation on some verses in the Holy Koran.

From the begging of the history of human (when there were only Adam and Eva in the world) both men and women knew what to do and how to do. As you know, some actions and reactions are instinctive. Therefore, every human being has those inborn instincts. That(s...) isn't a new phenomenon.

However, sometimes what people do becomes habits gradually, and transfer from one generation to others. Finally, it becomes cultural heritage. What people are doing is the same, but it has different shapes or forms. For example, every person eats food, but there are different foods with different recipes in the world. The act of eating is the same in all over the world, but different people use different sauces!

I am sure you know those things much better than me. I wanted just to write something to you.

Now, a friend of mine is waiting for me to chat. I have to leave. I am sorry.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 Feb, 2012

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,

Sean Stone stayed in Abbasi hotel last night ,and many people were eager to visit him and congratulate him upon his converting to Islam. But it was really impossible ,because of crowed were so much.
Isfahan has some genuine Islamic believers ,which many people wish to meet them ,at least one time in their life have a chance to meet them face to face and Sean Stone , or Sean Ali stone behold the generosity and grace of God to had this situation.
There are some American people who are living in Esfahan ,because they have discovered the fact.
About my back pain let me say that I said good bye to it , but I am not allowed to lift heavy things.
You are not supposed to stop your regular exercise ,what is the reason? ,Is it for you are married? Let it start from today as tomorrow is late.
All the best
Mohsen
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Setayesh
What are several things that you have lost ? You are a powerful and determined girl as I know you so far , never become sorrowful for what you have lost and never fall in love with what you have or find. If you can spiritually reach to this to this mood , you are always happy and rich.
Your English is not rusty and it is beautiful as always ,but if you think so, you continue your writing in this thread surely you coat your English with anticorrosion
About Isfahan , It is Thursday and there are many wedding ceremony are holding tonight , In many streets the are cars which decorated by followers , Also markets and bazaars are very crowded as we are close to new year and people are purchasing new cloths and furniture

All the best
Mohsen
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi friends, how r u and how r ur families? I hope everything is going well with u. I've missed u terribly. You don't know how much I've missed this place and writing on it too.This place is my heart and just now i feel that it starts beating. I really don't know how I could survive all that period without being here and reading ur posts; for sure I wouldn't do that without Elham's help, she copied some of ur posts and sent them to my messenger, so I am really thankful for her kindness, THANKS my lovely friend! Finally after two days, I finished reading ALL ur posts!!! I enjoyed them, they r great! I wish I was able to reply them. Oh friends, today, it's finally snowing in Damascus{ alhamdolellah}. I am verry happy! In fact friends, I couldn't come here and not put a message. However, I have to end it here cause I am sending it by my brother's mobile phone and I have no idea if it will work or not... I hope u get my message.Please forgive me and pray for me. Best wishes Amal
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

The main reason is changing the place of living. There is no park so close to our new flat that I can go walking. Another reason is laziness, since marriage has made me lazy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Mohsen, I've gained some weight after marriage, whereas I'm working hard 24 hours a day! What is the reason? :lol: :lol: :lol: Why do men become big-bellied (sometimes pear-shaped) after marriage? Do they eat more? Does marriage increase men's appetite? Why?

All the best,
Behnam, 19 Feb, 2012

[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Behnam,‏ ‏How r u? How is the weather in Tahran? Is it freeezing as here?! Dear friend, do u think men in general love strong or weak women? Which kind of women attrak them?! In the society why do we see a lot of women who control theis husbands but we find those men happy and trying to not hust theis wives' heart {although they don't deserve that}; meanwhile, there r others who follow their husbands and try their best to pleased them but we find them dissatisfied?!!! Why do u think?! what kind of men r u? what kind of women attract u? And how is it similar to ur wife's behavior? by the way, i want to share u my opinian about ur question to Mohsen, I th4nk men gain weight after marriage cause they become happier cause most people eat more when they r happy.
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

[amal] wrote:Hi Behnam,‏ ‏How r u? How is the weather in Tahran? Is it freeezing as here?! Dear friend, do u think men in general love strong or weak women? Which kind of women attrak them?! In the society why do we see a lot of women who control theis husbands but we find those men happy and trying to not hust their wives' heart {although they don't deserve that}; meanwhile, there r others who follow their husbands and try their best to pleased them but we find them dissatisfied?!!! Why do u think?! what kind of men r u? what kind of women attract u? And how is it similar to ur wife's behavior? by the way, i want to share u my opinian about ur question to Mohsen, I think men gain weight after marriage cause they become happier cause most people eat more when they r happy!!! thanks.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,

It is natural that your stomach has been inflated like a semicircle after marriage . you have no exercise as you confessed and also you have to eat what your wife cook at night. But you can’t ignore the pivotal role of lack of sleep in overweighting. This is evident that you can’t sleep the whole night after marriage. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What happens to your appetite when you sleep less and why does this happen?
There are numerous studies that show that lack of sufficient sleep leads to an increase in appetite and hunger.
In a study I have done on some men , healthy young men were examined under conditions of sleep restriction and of sleep extension.
The study showed that under conditions of sleep restriction, appetite increased by over 20%. In particular, the men exhibited cravings for high calorie, carbohydrate rich foods (often the very sort of foods which are highly deterimental to weight maintenance).
In another study ,which was done by another researcher , it was shown that appetite rose dramatically after a single night of sleep reduction.
This study was supported by another one which examined 10 young men over a period of 2 nights of restricted sleep. Lack of sleep was found to be associated with a reduction in satiety (an increase in hunger).
The question is, why is this happening? The answer is that the duration of sleep influences your hormones.
The way you sleep and the length of sleep changes the amount of hormones your body secretes. Mainly, the focus on two hormones: Leptin and Ghrelin.
The reason why these two hormones are important is that they have a tremendous effect on your appetite. Leptin is a hormone that promotes feeling of satiety. It helps you feel full. It reduces appetite.
Ghrelin, on the other hand, works in an opposite way. The more ghrelin you have in your system, the higher your hunger gets and the more likely you are to overeat, especially on high calorie, carb rich foods.
In a study which was done in Pyamnour, Posht tapeh unit, over 1,000 people were examined and their sleep habits analyzed . The conclusions showed that those who slept fewer hours had less leptin in their system and more ghrelin. The study also showed that those who slept less had a higher Body Mass Index (they tended to weigh more).
In Conclusion,It’s clear that if you want to curb your appetite you have to get enough sleep. I recommend sleeping for 8 hours each night which you have to wake up at 10 AM :lol: :lol: :lol: It is simply the easiest way to reduce appetite and it will help you lose weight.

All the best,
Mohsen {-:
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi behnam, How r u? I have missed chatting with u. What r u busy with? What's the problem? Why didn't great Behnam speak with poor Amal??! I hope everything is ok. I hope u r not sad...
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Amal

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Amal,
Hope you are doing fine and in peace , Every day ,I heard the news about your country from BBC, VOA , France 24, Euronews. Of course they are not trustful news companies ,as these companies tell the news according to their benefits. what is clear for people of the world , they try to show that Syrian people are being killed by their government everywhere.
I hope peace comes back to your country as soon as possible and your people cut the hand of treacherous and foreigners who interfere to your country affairs.
B. Wishes,
Mohsen
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi my kind friend, Amal,

Thank you so much for posting excellent posts in this thread. I am sorry about being late in replying.

There are some interesting questions in your post. Let's look at them together:

How is the weather in Tehran? Is it freezing as here?!
The weather is freezing in the morning, but it is nice during the day. Right now it is a sunny day in Tehran. The weather is quite warm now.
Dear friend, do u think men in general love strong or weak women?
I am not sure, but I don't think men like physically strong women. I personally dislike muscular ladies. I believe, men are created to play the role of protectors and supporters. Therefore, they are supposed to be strong, brave and powerful. However, the majority of women like to be protected by their partners. They don't need to be strong.
Which kind of women attract them?!
As far as I'm concerned, in terms of physical body and appearance, beautiful and slim women draw my attention. In terms of manner, I love kind and patient women. They make me feel calm and relaxed. They give me peace of mind.

In the society why do we see a lot of women who control those husbands but we find those men happy and trying to not hurt their wives' heart {although they don't deserve that}; meanwhile, there r others who follow their husbands and try their best to pleased them but we find them dissatisfied?!!! Why do u think?!
As you know, there are different women and different men with various attitudes in the world. For example, some men are strict, whereas some are easy-going. Some men are brave, others are timid. Therefore, it is impossible to generalize about them. Generally speaking, right men do not like to be managed by their wives. They prefer controlling to being hen-pecked. I agree with you about happy couples when the husbands are easy-going and the wives are decision makers. However, this cannot be an ideal family, because happiness is only one aspect of the life, although it is extremely important. Fool people are always happy, but nobody likes to be a fool! I believe, everybody should play their own roles. Otherwise, it won't work. Apparently, everything may seem OK now, but in critical situations some hidden facts emerge.

what kind of men r u? what kind of women attract u? And how is it similar to ur wife's behavior?
I've already answered to these questions. I am a strict and kind man. However, my kindness is hidden. Kind and patient women attract me. My wife is very kind and really patient. In my eyes, she is beautiful as well.

Many thanks for sharing your opinion about the reason of getting weight after marriage. That can be true.

If the answers aren't satisfying and you need further details please ask me without hesitation.

All the best,
Behnam, 22 Feb, 2012
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

Thanks a million for your wonderful post and fantastic reasons. The post is written beautifully and the words are chosen wisely. Thank you very much indeed. I understood your post, but something in it seems difficult to catch. What exactly is meant by

This is evident that you can’t sleep the whole night after marriage. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is evident? I sleep about 7 hours each night. I sleep very well. It is confusing. Would you please make it clear?

All the best,
Behnam, 22 Feb, 2012
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

How are you doing? I hope you are enjoying the trip. This is just to let you know that I've missed you terribly. I feel your absence. Please come back soon. I'm waiting for you.

All the best,
Behnam, 22 Feb, 2012

[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Thanks!

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mohsen, How r u? How is ur job? Did u leave ur old job? Many thanks for ur concern about my country... In fact, I am not too much interested in watching news. However, everyday I have been watching it for a year which reflected on my personality and made me depressed; I cannot tolerate watching innocent people dying without guilt. Moreover, as u said nowadays we don't know who we should belive; Everybody lies for their interest.. But what I am sure about is that we r strong and we all love each other...
yezterday

Post by yezterday »

Hello everybody, hello bednam!

I've joined this forum. And then I'm finding an active topic to discuss, but it's so hopeless. I feel everybody here is cold, and it hurts a newbie like me. Having a place to study English is difficult, isn't it?

Now I need to improve my English, but I don't have good condition. As other students in Vietnam, I'm poor, so money is a luxury thing to take a course of English teaching center. I'm preparing for taking a scholarship. I don't want to miss opportunity. Where I can improve my Listening and Talking?

Looking forward to hearing from you :)
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Yezterday,

Welcome to this thread. Thank you for joining us.

People who are in this place are really friendly and supportive. I know them for years. It is unfair to judge about someone without knowing them.

I agree with you. Learning English in the language institutes costs a fortune. However, these days that's easy for English learners to learn English quite freely. What you need is a mobile phone that gives you access to the Internet. There are a lot sites on the Net which provide you perfect opportunity to improve you English skills. For example, www.bbclearningenglish.com and http://australianetwork.com/studyenglish are just two of them. You can easily and freely download some audio and video files from those sites and listen to them. They really help learners improve their listening skills.

In order to make progress in speaking, you have to use your English. You should take every opportunity to communicate with people in English. Well, for this purpose, you can join people in Yahoo Messenger and chat with them. It really helps.

For widening your vocabulary range and turning your passive vocabulary into active, it is necessary to write in English. I've found writing very helpful. It helps me learn correct structures, grammar and spelling. It also helps me with memorizing the practical usage of words.

People in this thread are always ready to give you a helping hand with improving your English skills. I'm sure about it. Please write more about yourself, and feel free to suggest a topic for discussion.

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 2 Feb, 2012

yezterday

Post by yezterday »

Hey Behnam,

I'm not willing to judge someone, and I may need more time to understand everybody here.
Two sites for example above are so helpful. I wish I knew it earlier. Can you share me lots of experience? The way you upgrade your listening level? I can hear the word they say, but it's difficult to understand the whole sentence or passage. And a big problem for me, some words have the same pronunciation, how to distinguish clearly them?

Ah, I don't know the reason why I'm not allowed to post anything on Member pages. http://my.englishclub.com/

Thanks for your enthusiasm! Waiting for your reply...
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome!

Post by [amal] »

Hi Yezterday, How r u? Welcome in this thread. Please tell us more about ur country and about the topics which u r interested in... By the way, I have found the following site very useful and it has helped me a lot: http://www.effortlessenglish.com I like the audio lessons which said by A.j. Hoge. Best wishes, Amal
yezterday

Post by yezterday »

Hi amal,
That is very kind of you to share me that site. Teacher A.J. Hoge is so great to give me lots of amazing experiences I haven't known. I'm really pleased!

Let me introduce my country, Vietnam. As you know, my country is really peaceful with 54 different ethnics. We have a diversified culture. The famous images of Vietnam are áo dài and nón lá. Do you know?

The demand for transport here is so great. You can see lightly-trafficked roads are filled all with motorbikes and cars. Foreign people who have the first time to stay in Vietnam judge that traffic in Vietnam is very dangerous. But It's really interesting for you to drive a motorbike and look around.

I'm lazy now, hehe. My lunch is waiting for me 8-) Ah, where are you from?...
See you later.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Yezterday,

I guess, all English learners, more are less, are facing those difficulties and problems. The important matter in this process is practising. My English skills are not good. I'm still practising. In my free time, I am engaged and involved in English. For example, I listen to English when I am driving. However, my listening is not satisfying.

Your English sounds good. Don't underestimate yourself. One of the main and important factors in learning a language is confidence. We should believe in ourselves. It helps a lot.

About your problem with the site, please ask the administrator for help.

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 24 Feb, 2012

yezterday

Post by yezterday »

Behnam,
I like the way you write. Your presentation is really obvious.

In Vietnam, what we are taught are mostly new words and formal grammar. The amount of time for pratising with partners is very little. In speaking time, humorously and subjectively, my teacher is only one who has activities. Students keep silent and listen clearly. So, we don't have a good starting-point to communicate effectively. That's the reason why I decided to spend time on Internet. I'm finding my self-confidence.

(Of course, I can't listen to English while driving. You know, traffic here is not easy. And everything will be worse if I lost control of my motorbike. Hehe.)

I think you work in the office, don't you?

Have a nice day!
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome!

Post by [amal] »

Hi Yezterday, Thanks for ur reply and all these interesting information about ur country. In fact, I haven't ridden a motorbike yet but I hope I could ride it one day! I am from Damascus the capital of Syria. Do u know it? Bye for now
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Behnam,

I came back today at around 4 pm; missing my friends and the thread terribly, I came straight to the computer and checked the mails and messages! Thanks for remembering me my kind and nice friend. :-)

My trip was a very special and really great one! It was so diffrent with the previous ones since I visited a totally diffrent city and culture. Visiting Dubai was so special; not beacouse I enjoyed it a lot but since it was a great new experiance; you may know how much I love to experiance new and different things.

Meeting people from all over the world and talking with some of them made me think more which helps me improve my personality! I seriously need to change some of my attitudes and habits!

Not only did new things and people influence me, but also I learned a lot from my companion's behaviors and some events that happened during the trip!

In general, it was a fantastic experiance; I really needed it!

Emmmmmmm.... but .... aaaaaaam..... nothing, no trip even visiting the most modern , amazing and beautiful cities can take the place of just one trip to Azarbaijan with Behnam! ;-) :-D

All the best,
Elham
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,

You know women like to have some conversation when they are going to sleep, also the couple would like to associate ( bodily @ spiritually) when they go to bed ,particularly at the first years of marriage and many other things ,subject to this term that couple are in good health ;-) .

There are other reasons which the couple could not sleep well for example your wife won't let you sleep at night and if you fall asleep before her she wakes you up and makes you angry. You need adequate amount of sleep, so you want to go to the bed at 10, but she doesn't seem to need much sleep and just will not let you go to bed early.

Some women use to wriggle when they go to sleep and won’t let her spouse sleep. When the man is in deep sleep ,she kick him out or strike him by hands and wakes him up.

God have a mercy if she snores all night

All the best ,
Mohsen
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Yezterday,

Many thanks for praising me for my style of writing. That's very kind of you.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I work at the office.

In my city which is the capital of Iran, heavy traffic is one of the serious problems. Every day, people waste a lot of time in traffic. It is increasing day by day. However, you can listen to English when you are stuck in a traffic jam or stopped behind traffic lights. You don't need to give your full attention to the dialog. At least, your mind gets familiar with English sounds unconsciously. It works!

It is almost the same in my country. Teachers often care much too much about English grammar and its rules. They also force students to memorise some words as vocabulary. However, students are terrible at speaking. What the teachers do is like teaching someone the rules of swimming and the effects of water on people's body. They often teach the resistance force of water to the different shapes of body. For example, if you open your fingers widely, water resistance causes you slow down! However, the students aren't able to swim at all. If you push one of them into a pool for instance, they will sink to the bottom of it. I believe, a good teacher is someone who teaches how to swim practically rather than what swimming is. For this purpose they (good teachers) expose the students to the real situations-they push them into water!

Would you mind writing something about yourself? Would you please introduce yourself?

All the best,
Behnam, 25 Feb, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

Nice reasons my nice friend. Thank you very much. But, as I said, I sleep 7 to 8 hours a day! Therefore, the reason of my problem-gaining weight after marriage-must be something else! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mohsen, a significant improvement in your writings can be easily seen.Congratulations! You are writing much better than before. How could you achieve this great success?

All the best,
Behnam, 25 Feb, 2012
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

Welcome back dear. I'd missed you very much.

As you know, I've got a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a MS degree in Physics. Therefore, I am an engineer and a physicist. Physicists often speak in general way. They don't care about numbers too much. On the contrary, engineers don't understand anything unless numbers. As a result, there is always a fight between them at some workplaces. In many cases, the physicists win, because producing numbers from formulas is easy, and they easily can do it. However, putting forwards a theory is impossible for the majority of people.

I told you that short story to ask you for speaking about details. Please do not speak generally. Give us examples.
In general, it was a fantastic experience; I really needed it!

What is meant by 'fantastic experience'?

My trip was a very special and really great one! It was so different with the previous ones since I visited a totally different city and culture. Visiting Dubai was so special; not because I enjoyed it a lot but since it was a great new experience; you may know how much I love to experience new and different things.

What made your trip special? Why was it great? What was the difference between this trip and others? What was the difference bewteen that culture and our culture? ....

Please give us some detailed information about the trip. Please quantize (give tangible examples) your trip. I personally love reading more about what you've seen and what you've done.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 Feb, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

"When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring
out the best in ourselves."

-- William Arthur Ward
yezterday

Post by yezterday »

Dear Amal,

I'm now happy with the site you've told me. Do you know, I understand what teacher A.J. Hoge says. This gives me confidence, I'm sure. I don't know how you "explore" that site, but I'm realy grateful.

However, I am also suspicious, a little. I wonder that is it his method efficient for me. I agree that his advice is really impressed. But it's still weird. I think you used to be in my situation, do you get what I mean? How is your result after doing as his advice?

Soon reply, my friend :)
yezterday

Post by yezterday »

Hey Behnam,

I'm very inspired to read your reply. You always give me something new to study. Your comparison (between English-studying and swimming) is so exhaustive and reasonable. I usually use it in Vietnamese passage, but I've never thought to apply its here. It's not difficult to understand how glossy, sweet and imagery your English is!

I'm your guest. So, let me introduce myself. My name is Phúc. I'm now a freshman at university of Medicine and Pharmacy in HCM city, which makes me proud a lot. Be young, I love so many things. Subjects? Uhm, Maths, Physics, Literature, Languages... =)). Music? Love songs which are sung by Westlife. Anyway, I don't have any idols. I only listen to music as long as it sounds good, I don't care who sings. So on so on... I will tell you more later. A few sentences can't show everything about myself. Hehe.

I rarely tell about myself to someone. I'm excited to have people a chance to get to know me, how interesting the way they get it! How about you, old man? :) :)

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi Behnam,

To be honest, I don't know what to write exactly. I'd rather chat with you in Farsi and answer all of your questions; what ever you wanna know.

All the best,
Elham
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Dr.Pauc,

It was very nice reading your friendly post full of positive words about my English. That's very kind of you. Your English is better than mine. Thank you anyway, young man!

Thank you once again for introducing yourself. Your country is famous in Iran. It is associated with resistance and determination. I might not use proper words for saying what I meant. I mean the famous Vietnam War which is shinning in the history of your country brightly.

What else your country is famous for? Would you please write more about Vietnam? I'd like to know about it more.

If you've got any questions about my country; Iran, please ask without hesitation. I promise to answer as completely as possible.

I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 29 Feb, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

You used to be a great writer, what's happened to you? There is no doubt that you are a skillful writer. I've always loved your posts. They were filled with your sincere intimacy and girlish emotional feelings.

I'd like to create the viewers an opportunity to enjoy your great post about the trip. I am sure that you've noticed many interesting events and subjects(things) in Dubai with your special wisdom. As an educated and sensible girl(with sensitive detectors), certainly you've detected many things. You are an eagle-eyed lady with a wide field of view. I wish you could share some new experience with us.

OK, I agree to chat with you. That's my pleasure, but how? You are too busy to give some of your precious time to me.

All the best,
Behnam, 29 Feb, 2012

yezterday

Post by yezterday »

Hi Behnam,

I didn't expect to be famous for our national liberation war. We just wish a better life, without being bloodshed and painful. We love peace. We love freedom. We're proud of our historical revolution. Our history is full of just wars to defend our country. There are too many historical events for us to remember. Past is a meaningful lesson for us to grow up.

There are so many rivers and lakes in Vietnam. Do you know Mekong river? In Vietnam, it's called Cuu Long ('nine dragons' in English). And Cuu Long river Delta is raised silt by this river every year. Thanks to idead weather, great water source and fat alluvial plain, Vietnam becomes the world's second-largest exporter of rice.

How is geography in Iran? Are people friendly?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Behnam,
Thanks for your admiration about my progress in writing. It really encourages me to write with more self-confidence. Of course I can’t ignore your progress in reading comprehension. How did you improve it? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sorry for being late in writing here , during this week I was engaged in some part of parliament election propaganda . During this week all satellite TVs ( about 20 channels) which financially are supported by USA,UK and Israel made all effort to encourage people of Iran not take part in parliament election by performing negative propagandas and threats. But fortunately people of Iran are smart and clever. they know their enemies well ,and when the enemy is weeping the crocodile tear or threatens , the people of Iran act exactly against what the enemy expect and tomorrow people of Iran take part in taking vote and show that they never bend their head against enemy’s threat and deceits.
Behnam ,about your gaining weight after marriage .does your wife sleep as much as you sleep ,7 hours at night?
Does she have over weight?
Good luck
Mohsen
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

Many thanks for the reply. You've returned my compliment in Isfahani way. Well, you're an Isfahani, so it's normal. :lol:

I've lost my reading skills rather than improving them. The simple fact of the matter is something else. These days, you are employing a different tactic which is writing in plain English by avoiding complex words and structures. That was what I used to plead for! Finally, after four years we could understand each other. Congratulations! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We haven't got satellite TV at home. My wife and me (as well as our families) disagree with that. I personally seldom watch TV. However, my wife follows some series on that mysterious box. I spend my free time on the Internet instead. As well as chatting with my friends, I read news on Yahoo, visit the thread and check the mailbox.

My wife sleeps about one hour more than me, since I leave the home sooner than her. However, she is as slim as before. :lol:

As you've mentioned, today is election day in Iran. I am preparing to go out to take part in this important ceremony.

All the best,
Behnam, 2 March, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Pauc,

It was nice reading something about your country. Thank you for writing about it.

You've asked me for writing about my country. To be honest, I found your question difficult, because I don't know my country that much to describe! It is a shame. :-( :oops:

It is said that Iran is a four-season country. It means that at the same time in Iran, it is winter in some parts, summer in some areas, spring in some regions, and autumn in some places. Iran is a vast country, but having four seasons at the same time isn't because of vastness. It is because of variety of climate in this country.

If you'd like me to describe Iran as briefly and wisely as possible, I'd say Iran is a female name in Farsi, so she is like a gorgeous and stunning lady in the eyes of enemies. That is way throughout the history she is thought as a prey and predators have been stalking it all the time.

About people, they are much too much kind in a way that they kill each other with kindness! Oh, I'd rather not say anything. I am terribly sorry.

I have to leave quickly. I hope to hear from you more.

All the best,
Behnam, 2 March, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Oh Amal,

You had written in your off message to me that it's snowing in your city and you're enjoying it a lot. I don't know why these days I easily envy other peoole terribly for anything! Good for you!

I really really miss a snow fall and the beauty, silence and calmness that comes along. Please enjoy and send some of that inspiring sense of waching the snow fall to my soul in Iran.I need it.

Thankfully, spring is coming! I am happy that this cold and depressing winter this year is coming to end.

Elham
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Dr.Pauc,

How are you?

I am really sorry about my late reply, forgive me! :oops:

I am really happy cause you are happy with that site!!! {-:
I agree with you, the pronunciation of the teacher is understandable. I like his mini stories a lot, they are easy and contain a lot of new phrases and words.
Actually, my English has improvied very much after listening to those audio lessons. Even my English teacher at the institute noticed that!

unfortunately, these days I spend less time on learning English therefore it becomes rusty. I think I need a motivation! :-(

Best wishes
Amal
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hiiiiii Dear Elham,

Thanks fro your message.

Although, we chatted yesterday but I started to miss you, please come back to chat sooon; What would I do without my sister??! :cry:

Last week, I was very happy cause it was snowing, The view was wounderful, I enjoyed it a lot!Although, I was freezing!!!!!!
Sadly, This year, I couldn't play with the snow and couldn't enjoy a lot of things as I used to, this winter has brought a lot of sadness and sorrow to us. I hope they end with this winter, we want to return to our normal life...

Uhhhhhhhh! what a depressing post! Let me tell you a good news in the end of my message, it's raining here now! :lol:

I wish you happiness.
Amal