Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen »

I would like to give my condolences regarding the days of mourning of martyrdom of Hazrat Fatima Zahra (sa), the beloved daughter of Prophet Mohammad (may peace be upon him),
Fatima (S.A.) was brought up and trained in the family of Prophet (P.B.U.H) and took advantage and share of the knowledge and wisdom of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) She heard the recitation of Quran from the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) and learnt it by heart, and got busy with the idea and concept of self training and becoming a complete and real human.
She extremely loved her honorable father and the Holy Quran. She took advantage and portion from the blessings of her father's existence. These were the perfections due to which the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) loved her to the extreme.
Prophet (P.B.U.H.)used to say repeatedly, "Fatima (S.A.) is a piece of me, whosoever tortures her he has tortured me, and whoever pleases her has pleased me." One day, the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) of Islam said, "Oh Fatima God gets pleased on your being pleased and gets furious due to your unhappiness and displeasure"
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Chess, sir!

Post by reindeer »

Dear Behnam,

I found this while sorting out old stuff in the attic. Just thought we might make use of it.
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

BEAUTY

Post by Elham »

Dear Behnam,
You had asked about beauty......

I was looking for a proper time to sit, think deeply about my idea about beauty and write about it but right now sth happened and brought me here writing this post without any plan.
Tonight , at this very moment that I'm writing this post, I'm filled with beauty....How can I put it into words? I'm feeling and ohhhhhhh I found the word, YES, I'M LIVING THE BEAUTY at this moment...right now
Beauty should be lived... like what I'm experiencing now....

Thankfully, God loves me...thankfully he loves me and has made me familiar with beauty...he's given me enough beauty to feel and live ...I know what beauty is....and I always want him more and more ....more and more and more beauty.....

Beauty was some minutes ago when I had sat in front of my dad looking at his eyes...he was speaking ... and I was immersed in loving him....I looked at him and told myself " Elham, look at him... look at him....who knows how much more you are going to live with him ...look at this man whom without him you couldn't be alive...look at the man who has cared about you more than anybody else in the world....look at him and breath the air he's breathing too...."

Beauty is me myself...I have opened one of my pictures and before coming here I had stared at myself....I was enjoying my beauty...my beautiful eyes...my lovely smile...I love myself.... I'm beautiful... why should I admire such and such beautiful actress or model every day but not myself???? Beauty is Elham and her pure and full of love heart....

Beauty is kindness....oh my god... just god knows how MUCH I love kindness and see it beautiful....have you ever seen anything more beautiful than kindness???????????? I haven't seen...beauty is caring about others.... beauty is making others happy.. beauty is showing another person that you think of him/her...that you miss him/her...that you care about his/her life and mood...beauty is loving others....

Beauty is you and your loyal awesome friendship in which I take pride .... ;-)

Beauty is these tears on my cheeks now.... oh godddd...what went in your mind when you decided to create tears? Were you in love too? How could you create such a gentle beautiful heart-healing water that comes out of eyes? WOWWWWWW....Have you ever noticed it?Have you ever noticed the beauty of crying? Beauty is now on my cheeks coming down one after another....

Beauty is night and the peace it brings with itself... beauty is sun and its warmness...beauty is rain and it's life-giving power....beauty is the trees full of wonderful blossoms after a hard cold winter...beauty is the little sparrows singing beautifully on the branches ...beauty is that magical soul-lifting sound of water while flowing on the ground...
My list can go on and onnnn....Till tomorrow morning I can sit here and add to my list...beauty is my fingers pressing these keys...beauty is this calming song I'm listening to...beauty is this thread and having the chance to write this beautiful post... :-)

But above all:

BEAUTY IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
Beauty is what I have in my heart now....this gentle feeling that fills my soul and takes me to somewhere out of this world...where I see nothing but beauty....I close my eyes and let the beauty flow in my vessels like blood...

Beauty is GOD....The creator of Elham...the creator of father and mother...the creator of kindness, friendship,tears,night,sun,rain,trees,sparrows,water,

Beauty is GOD...THE CREATOR OF LOVE.......

Smile beautifully please,
Beautiful Eli ;-)
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

What this Eva of a horse is reading?!

Post by reindeer »

Mohsen, I believe you'll be pleased seeing this meek mammal consuming knowledge assiduously (a reference to a discussion on the page 109)
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Ellie

Post by Kamelia »

How are you? Ellie jooniii, you don't know how happy you make me everytime your share your feelings, or post something as delightful and fresh as the one you have this time.

I like your positive attitude. I really think your friends are the happiest people, because they have you. Your power in showing how velvety your heart is, is magical :-) :-)

I actually read your post last night while I was so tired, and could not think of rough stuff anymore. You can't imagine what a relief it was reading something as smooth and shiny like that. Congratulations :-D

Write more, so that I can enjoy more,

Love,

Kami
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

There are very few simple board rules in the forum (look at the top of the page). When you sign up, you're a priori considered to be sane and responsible person, and so able to follow the norm accepted in international society.
Andrew ,the norm of international society is OK ,but I respect to other’s believes and idea and consider it in my writing even if the norm of international society allows me to write or say it. That is the fact that has kept this forum for long time. There are many differences in believes and customs in societies, so the international norm doesn’t speak about customs and believes in details, it is happened that we didn’t know where the red line was, and if someone broke the red line a little ,others notified him ,because here all member friends.

Dear Andrew I was in your sand box and you always gave me your shovel to load my truck, thank you ,but this time I think you are against me ,because you have resigned from the galley , and now you put the picture of this burly filly addressed to me to make fun of my little duck

what should I do with my bleak future :cry: :cry:
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Elham,

I remember once I was visiting a Zoo , There were two lions behind the bars and they were making love ( I change the word to decrease the degree of sensitiveness ) , many people ,men women , girls, boys , children were watching the scene and many of them were taking film by their mobiles. I instantly left that lion sector , because I thought that watching this scene beside the girls and women is a sin , although according to Islamic instruction watching animals who making love is abominable ,unless for scientific study .

Dear Elham, You are an educated girl with M.S. degree from Isfahan Industrial University , I don’t know if you've read about animal and plant fertilization (عمل لقاح)in high school , there are some courses in biology about it , also you will be soon marry with nice and wise boy, you will be taken to several learning class, they teach people in that class to learn about a kind of relation with their husband ( because of shock I can’t use words) , in that class ( girl and boys beside each other ) people will see many learning movies ,and power points.

What's been Mohsen's intention to mention his ducks' *****?
When Behnam called my duck lazy ducks , I wrote a sentence about their behaviour , Animal life is only limited to some activities , the most important one is fertilization ,for me the wonderful activity of duck was that they wash themselves after that *** , it is like human , I wrote it how they are intelligence and agile , I defended them because they are not lazy , because lazy creation doesn't wash themselves :-) :-)

All the best
Mohsen
Last edited by Mohsen on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Isn't it افراط or تفریط?

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for your interesting posts. I read all of your posts carefully.

I'm sure some friends will argue with me about quoting that sentence from one of your posts.
Hi Behnam,
How are you, I was busy this days ,because I should be in the mosque at night and early morning to prepare some facilities for ceremony of Fatemiah , so I was late to answer ,also it was no argument ,except , Andrew and Elham , Please come back the ocean is calm and all people are in good health.

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Kamiiiiiiii,

Oh honey....your post really made me happy...thankssssss....I like to believe that my friends could be happy with me...do you really mean it? I hope it's not been just a simple making-Elham-happy comment!!! ;-)

What's in your writing that attracts me? I don't know but I love the way you put the words into your posts. I'm listening to sth which relieves me and soften my heart... I give you the link in the hope that it would do the same to you...
http://www.1doost.com/hafez/457.htm

Kisssssssss
Eli
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Mohsen,

Thanks for your explanation. It's convincing...I got your intention...don't worry...your ducks are not lazyy...you chose a funny and interesting way to prove it...okkkkkkkkkk ;-) {-:

All the best,
Eli
P.S. I've got B.S degree not M.s. Seems the lazy one is me not your ducks :lol:
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

What was my question?

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Thank you so much for participating in discussion about beauty. I really enjoyed reading your posts. However, most of them were irrelevant to my question. As you remember, I put some photos of two peacocks without mentioning to their genders. I wanted you to define beauty and set some benchmarks of it, then let us know either the white one meets your criteria or the colourful one. In fact, I wanted you to choose one of them and tell us why it seems beautiful to you. You evaded the question! }: }: }:

The colourful peacock seems more beautiful than the white one. It's feathers are amazing and eye-catching. The physics behind its colourful feathers is really beautiful. Have you ever thought about the reason for those various colours? I am not saying the white one isn't beautiful; if saying so I will create an opportunity to some people to show themselves open-minded by crying: Come on, it's obvious that everything has got some sort of beauty!

It is a fact that some male animals are much more beautiful that female ones. For example, a roster is more beautiful than a hen. A lion is much more impressive and beautiful than a lioness. However, when it comes to human beings, speaking about beauty and answering to that question becomes really difficult. Some people divide beauty into two categories; external and internal beauty. The former is related to someone's outward appearance. The latter one is related to their positive emotions such as love, kindness, sincerity, patience, care, loyalty, etc. It is true that we are often attracted to someone first by their physical appearance. But, what makes them seem beautiful to us? I believe, in human beings, there is a close relationship between external and internal beauties. Positive emotions affect our physical appearance and make it seem attractive and beautiful. A proverb says 'eyes are the window of soul'. It means you can see people's inner layers by looking at their eyes. Someone with golden heart will have a different look from an unkind person. I don't know how our inner emotions and outer appearance affect each other; how the mechanism is; and how we should formulate it. However, I am certain that there is a connection between physical and spiritual beauty. Above that, I believe our thoughts also affect our physical beauty. Negative thoughts create negative signals and positive thoughts generate positive signals. We transfer those signals to the universe. Our body languages are generated and controlled automatically by our thoughts and feelings. They also send some signals to the world. The sum of these signals forms our physical appearance and attractiveness.

It often happens in our neighborhood we see young lovers who are head over heels in love. However, after marriage they cannot tolerate each other! Why? People often blame poor appearance and say 'appearance can be deceptive'! I believe appearance isn't deceptive, their detectors are defective! Therefore, they cannot detect the signals which are sending by three sources; emotions, feelings, and thoughts. Actually, they make mistake in detecting, analyzing and processing signals.

To sum up, speaking about beauty in human beings is a very complex issue. I believe our physical beauty and spiritual beauty are connected together. They affect each other. By the way, signal detecting and processing are involved in our judge on someone's beauty. Therefore, having right detectors and tuning them correctly is essentially important. For instance, a jealous person will have a wrong detector. S/he cannot detect the right signals. Consequently, most of her/his calculations will be wrong, since it is impossible to detect right things with wrong tools! {-: :lol: {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 06, March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

-What's the fuss all about?
- They're talk about paulins. Like, are them ugly or not, kind of.
- I'm beautiful!
- You silly bird! Don't take me wrong, but your feather cut is overdue, beak too short and you're fat, sweetie!
- I'm not fat. And you, you are bony!
- Haha! You make me laugh! I'm elegant!
- Not at all! You're bony and bad-tempered...
- Stop it!!! I'm beautiful!!
- No you don't, no you don't, no you don't, no you
WOW!!!Stop beating me!
- Stupid mockingbird, I'll beat this ~ out of you!!!
- Help! Heeeeeelp!! Beautiful bird being killed! Anyway, you're ug...OH MY GOD IT HURTS! That's it! Take this! And this!!!
_ Police! What the police is looking for?? The fat ~ ~ is bullying me! Ooo! Ahhh!
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Mohsen!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mohsen,

These days I’m doing house cleaning, along with other responsibilities I’ve already had. However, I considered it completely rude to keep our friends’ posts and yours unanswered. I appreciate you for writing such an informative writing which was enriched with the experiences of your friends properly and interestingly. Your post was also flavored with both comic and serious tips. So I enjoyed and smiled reading it. In my previous post, I was going to share my own idea and the experience of my friend with you to ask the ideas of yours and our friends regarding my question, not criticizing you. I hope the chosen paragraph of my former post addressed to you didn’t seem interfering. Your wife and you are a good match. You don’t need it, but I wish both of you long-lasting love and prosperity.
Hurieh asked:

Some people (mostly highly educated ones) consider themselves open minded when they spoil their kids. I personally disagree with this kind of child breeding. Excessive attention may be devastative. This is my personal idea. I’d like to know other friends’ opinions and yours in this sense.

However, my question is left unanswered. You mostly wrote about the disadvantages of studying for ladies instead. By the way, you are right somehow. We can’t totally count on our level of education and academic certificates as a predictor of prosperity. The fact is our academic educational system is mainly theoretical. We may get some knowledge out of our studying, but they hardly guarantee the achievement of insight and wisdom in students and learners. Wisdom and insight are achievable just by empirically experiencing things, and applying them. Anyway, we can’t generalize an issue to the vast group of people just based on our personal limited experiences and conception.

As you also mentioned, the most important thing in marital life is mutual understanding. If the couples found their true soulmate and came to agreement, they hardly would have serious problems. Because they would be able to manage unwanted disagreements by kindly ignoring, generously sacrificing, or using any other policies or strategies. In such situations they won’t care if their mate is bald, black, ugly, whatnot. These are simple tips that everyone knows very well. But the question is how and under which circumstances this mutual understanding can be feasible?

Talking about human beings and analyzing their behaviors, feelings, tastes, etc , aren’t that easy. Human is a complicated complex. A person may like someone to death, but be neutral toward another one without any specific reason. It’s so easy to talk about love and prosperity, and to give consultation. It means I may seem a good advisor, but it doesn’t guarantee that I’ll be successful in my life. The most important thing is how good I can implement these ideal tips in my daily life. Both man and woman tend to make each other prosperous when they decide to get married, don’t they? But what might have happened to that prosperous couple that decided to forget their beautiful promises and separate after a period of time. I don’t know, and don’t like to know what statics show about the most common reason of divorce among couples. As a matter of fact, I think the statics can’t help in this regard so much.

Regards,
Hurieh
Mar 6th /2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Andrew!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Andrew,
How are things? How's your pet?

Andrew wrote:

p.s. Hurieh, don't you mind if I send you a PM?
It's OK if you meant public message by PM...winking!!!

Regards,
Hurieh
Mar 6th /2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Lovely Kamelia!

Post by Hurieh »

Lovely Kamelia,

It’s been a long time you hadn’t shown up, and were greatly missed. I hope your studies are going quite well. You aren’t blamed if you complain about lack of time, concentration, and whatnot. I can truly understand you and your sensitive situation. I wish you have good friends and classmates to help you sometimes. The only close friend I had (and still have) was a lady much older than me. She was so kind, fair-minded, and benevolent. We helped each other in different contexts, especially doing our theses. The rest of the class were competing with me in a childish way, although some of them were much older than me. Anyway, I could finally graduate with excellent mark. Thank God.

Thanks for introducing those books. I love reading books--but not everything goes. I mainly read psychological and English books. Last week, I was walking down a street, and saw a big bookstore. I entered, and as usual, asked the shopkeeper to point me in psychological and English aisles. I took a look at books and bought two books – 1-Understanding and using English Grammar, and 2-Essential words and phrases for writing English articles. The first one (you must be familiar with it) seemed a comprehensive book to me at first, and was highly recommended by an English professor. You may reckon I’m exaggerating, but I was familiar with nearly all of the chapters and contents of this 530 –page book when i got home and reviewed it. I wonder whether I’m good at grammar or the book is written for students with basic needs. However, it’s good to have such a comprehensive reference of English grammar close at hand.
By the way, the second one is really useful for me. I can’t wait to start reading it. I really like to become famous in writing scientific articles. It’ll happen one day, with the grace of Allah. Since there is no one in our college who can keep up with me in English-even among our professors.

I may seem self-egotist if I go further. That’s it for this post.

Regards,
Hurieh
Mar 6th /2015
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Hurieh!

Post by reindeer »

Hurieh wrote:Dear Andrew,
How are things? How's your pet?

It's OK if you meant public message by PM...winking!!! [/color][/size][/i][/b]

Regards,
Hurieh
Mar 6th /2015
Hello Hurieh,

1. my pet is getting fat. She sleeps all day through, and once a night, exactly at the moment I fall asleep, she suddenly remember that it's time to eating, jumping, making noise, making pee, making poo etcetera, etcetera. At these moments I become a little less cat-friendly - actually I'm trying to catch her and thrash this ~ out of her, but luckily, she's too dexterous to be caught. She Kot!

2. No, I meant private message

All the best,
Andrew.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Long time no see Hurieh!

Post by behnam »

Hurieh wrote:But the question is how and under which circumstances this mutual understanding can be feasible?
Hi Hurieh,

How are you? I hope you are doing well and enjoying your life. Thank you very much for your valuable posts.

To be honest, I couldn't catch what the discussion topic between you and Mohsen is. I wasn't in the mood for reading previous posts and find it out. Needless to know the exact topic, I'm using the mentioned quotation as an excuse to write something. Well, it is a nasty Friday evening. Nothing could be better than writing to a friend. {-:

Unfortunately, in young generations the divorce rate is very high. We don't need to refer to official statistics to know either it is high or low. We can realise the rise in the divorce rate just by looking at the neighbourhood.

But why? One of the main reasons for divorce can be the lack of mutual understanding between couples. In Farsi we may call it 'تفاهم'. How to have mutual understanding? Is it something achievable, or it is an inherent part of every marriage or even every person? I personally don't know what exactly it is.

However, for a successful marriage we should consider some factors:

1) We must have faith in this statement 'nobody is perfect'! There is no ideal situation, ideal person, ideal husband, ideal wife, etc. in the world. When we change a situation, we change a set of problems with another set of them. When we get a divorce, we change a set of problems with another set of them. This is a fact. A problem-less situation cannot be found in the world.

2) Nothing can guarantee a marriage, unless some positive emotions such as kindness, sincerity, loyalty and patience. I believe being sincere is crucially important. Unfortunately, young generations are insincere. Young boys and girls are two-faced. When someone is two-faced, whatever s/he does is useless! Sincerity gives spirit to our actions. For some reasons, the majority of families are insincere. These families are based on corruption. The boys and girls in the society have not come from Mars or somewhere else. These are the generations of those families.

3) Young generations are lazy. They are not hard-working. Laziness has become as a virtue in the society.

4) Young generations are highly irresponsible.

For having a mutual understanding, it is necessary to have some similarities and focusing on them. Sometimes, a small difference can create a serious problem. For example, in the room, a man may feel hot and decides to open the window. But, his wife may feel cold and likes to shot it! Well, sacrificing may solve this problem. What will happen if they don't tolerate it?

Mutual understanding may come from doing some mutual activities. Believe me, even the time of eating, sleeping, etc. can create conflicts or love! For example, a man may go to the bed early at night, but his wife may sit in front of TV. None of them is doing an illegal action, but this tiny difference may create a very big problem!

Some people are internal, where as some people are external. I don't know the correct psychological equivalents. I mean some people like doing outdoor activities such as travelling, visiting relatives, walking, etc. However, some people like staying at home and being with themselves. This difference among couples may create some serious problems.

Some boys and girls don't get along well with their siblings and families. Why? They haven't leaned to respect their differences? Why? Why did Ghabil kill Habil? When someone fights with his/her parents and siblings, how can s/he he manage a life; living with someone else?

We all have some negative emotions. We are not angels. We have to learn to control our negative emotions. When we receive a proposal from someone to marry, we should consider some important factors such as the value system, the emotions, the likes and dislikes... I am in a hurry. A nice friend of mine is waiting for me to have a chat. Let me put it openly: A hot man(woman) won't have a happy marriage with a rigid woman(man)! This problem has no solution, unless one of them tolerates the situation by sacrificing his/her life. {-: {-: :lol: {-: {-:

This can be continued...

All the best,
Behnam, 06 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
skystar

Post by skystar »

Hi Behnam,

In psychology, the terms for outgoing and reserved people are respectively extrovert and introvert.

Dear Friends,

Extrovert people are sociable, like parties, have many friends, need to have many people to talk, take the chances, act on the spur of the moment and are generally impulsive people. However, introvert people are quiet, retiring sort of people and introspective. They are fond of books rather than people. They are reserved and distant except for intimate friends. They usually look before they leap. They don't like excitement.
It is said that extrovert people are better language learners than the introverts because of having some advantages over introverts. Extrovert learners are self confident and have the advantage of risk taking. They don't care about the mistakes. They don't care about what other people think of them when they talk either. These people are fluent but not necessarily accurate language learners.
What do you think? Are extroverts learners better language learners than introvert learners? Do you know any introvert person with high language proficiency? Is it possible to change ourselves from an introvert to an extrovert person?

Best,
Sara
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

A post full of mistakes!

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

When posting the previous post I couldn't check it and correct some of the mistakes. After posting I went to chat with a nice friend. After that I found some time to read the post. There are many mistakes in it. I am sorry to write 'shot the window' instead of 'shut the window', 'where as', instead of 'whereas', ....! I am sure you have got the main points. {-:

Dear Sara, thank you very much for writing the equivalents; extrovert and introvert! I am an extrovert person. I guess extrovert people are more successful than introvert ones. I am not sure, I just guess so! When it comes to learning a new language, I can easily and safely say that extrovert people can make better progress than others, because of the fact that learning a language needs self-confidence, communication, involvements, socialization, etc. I guess introvert people can be good writers and philosophers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it possible to change ourselves? Nothing is impossible in this world. It is possible, but it may take a lot of efforts and attempts to change a manner, either it is inherent or not. To be honest, I don't know, but I do know there is at least one solution for every problem. Only death has no solution! }:

All the best,
Behnam, 06 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Behnam, Hi Hurieh

Post by Kamelia »

How are you? I miss writing to you so much, but I could not find any proper topic that I could talk about and write something in relation to that to you. :-D :-D (complex sentence)

I actually read all the posts in this page, and I found your descriptions very lucid and informative (as always). I like reading your posts, since you are so easy to follow; meanwhile, your thread of thought is not circular or confusing, which makes me read them like in a second of time. :-D The reason I am writing at this hour is that I got a lecture tomorrow. I have been preparing myself for the last five days, yet I am a bit anxious lest I might not be able to answer some questions. Talking about it makes me feel more relaxed. It's like in this was I can get it out of my system LOL.

Just one question though, why do you think extroverts are more successful? :?:

Pray for me please,

Hurieh the knowledgeable confident girl,

How are you? Yeaaah I was absent, and yeaaah I felt bad about it, because when I start something I have to keep up with it, and when I can't, it makes me feel like there is something missing. :~:

About the books, the first book I have taught, but the second one I haven't even heard of. :-D Actually before I had read your continuing sentences I was thinking of replying to you like this:" MY GOD, are you kidding? Your grammar's perfect, and your knowledge of vocabulary almost surpasses any PhD I have ever met. Meanwhile, your sentences are all well-structured and make perfect sense." :-D :-D But then I saw that you knew them all, so I decided to omit them LOL

Lovely Hurieh, you are a very powerful lady, and I adore your confidence. In fact, self-esteem (one which is backed-up by knowledge like yours) is what makes some distinct from the others, and you are an out-standing lady. I admire you {-;

Gotta go drink something comforting,

Love,

Kami
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

wHO ARe you, introvert?!

Post by reindeer »

Have you ever been wondering why most of things humans are proud of, such as ability to speak, create ideas, give names to things, scientific approach, etcetera, etcetera, don't make them wiser and their life better? And quite opposite, the more useful innovations they bring to the world, the more troubles they make. We are troublemakers, gentlemen! Those who supposed to be good medics don't care of patients, those who call themselves experts in Psychology turn out not able to improve their own ill-natured personality, inventors create weapons of mass destruction, writers and filmmakers draw the longbow. Every next generation does its best to spoil everything and die soon. That's pathetic! :roll:

Okay, let's assume, that I am an extrovert, and my girlfriend/wife/boss/poker opponent is an introvert.
Let's assume that I'm aware of it, and them not.
Now, let's take for granted that I can overplay them because of my awareness.
What a use can I make of this?
I don't know. What I know is that nobody like to be overplayed. Well, my awareness can cost me dearly: my wife will probably kick up a row with me, the girlfriend dump me, the boss fire me and my poker opponent shoot me down for cheating. Russian proverb says: human soul is darkness.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Cheers! Great great'n' from my kitt'n :mrgreen:
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

You are soooooo beautiful

Post by setareh »

Dear, lovely Elham, when I read your post about beauty, I said VOW... Vow . I enjoyed so much. You have written so beautiful. Indeed, your mind is beautiful. Your point of view is beautiful. Your pure and fully loved heart is beautiful. Your sincere feelings are beautiful. I loved your post so much. It gave me alot of positive feelings. You wrote this post by all your heart; I read and felt it by all my heart too. {-: Thanks for your wonderful post.
sincerely,
Setareh
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Sara

Post by setareh »

A person who is introverted may spend more time on Studying instead of going out or taking part in parties and therefore to be a knowledgeable person; but in my humble opinion we could learn better while interacting with people. our knowledge enhance more through socializing. Therefore people who are extroverts learn language or any other skills better than those who are introverts. I personally like to improve my english by communicating with others and participating in group activities. But sometimes I prefer to be alone. So I don't know if I am an introvert or extrovert. {-;
best wishes for both introverts and extroverts. :-D
Setareh
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Behnam

Post by setareh »

As always I enjoyed reading your posts. "eyes are the windows of soul" what an interesting sentence. So that's why people say eyes never lie. That's why when you are around someone, you feel good; it's because of the positive energy you get from them. Right, that's why I like reading Elham's posts; because it's full of positive spirit. {-: I like to write more but I have to go and continue cleaning the house. :-D wish you the best,
Setareh
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I guess, guessing is different from thinking!

Post by behnam »

behnam wrote:I guess extrovert people are more successful than introvert ones. I am not sure, I just guess so!
Kamelia wrote:Just one question though, why do you think extroverts are more successful? :?:

Dear Kamelia,
It was very nice to see my name in your post. Thank you very much. It is a great honour for me and my name to be typed by your fingers. That's very kind of you.

Dear Kamelia, I knew my thought might be controversial, so I preferred to guess rather than think! :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol: Fortunately, I repeated 'guess' twice. Cross my heart, when writing that sentence I knew it might provoke criticism. Am I allowed to guess about something? Well, our guess about something is based on the information we've got about it. Maybe my information about it is either incomplete or invalid. Anyway, it is just a guess! Please have a mercy on me and don't kill me for guessing....! :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 07 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Your soul isn't dark dear Andrew!

Post by behnam »

Andrew wrote:What I know is that nobody like to be overplayed. Well, my awareness can cost me dearly: my wife will probably kick up a row with me, the girlfriend dump me, the boss fire me and my poker opponent shoot me down for cheating. Russian proverb says: human soul is darkness.
So philosophical. So impressive. So difficult. Your soul isn't dark dear Andrew. Thank you very much.

All the best,
Behnam, 07 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Behnam

Post by Kamelia »

How are you? So happy to read your reply, and so soon! Thank you so much, in fact the honor is mine! I have the pleasure of writing beside Ostaaad (don't forget that please) :-D :-D

Oh Behnam, come on!! Now that hurt, I was not going to kill you, was I? I just said why do you "guess" that is? And you know that I have not even criticized you, why would I? I just found no other topic to write to you about, so I pulled that out. I enjoy reading your posts, you know. They are mighty sophisticated and in the meantime so easy to understand {-; {-;

But again, choice is yours. It is ok if you choose not to write about it, no pressure. :-)

Love,

Kami
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: BEAUTY

Post by behnam »

Elham wrote:Dear Behnam, beauty is you and your loyal awesome friendship in which I take pride .... ;-)
Hi Elham,

I don't know what to say about your beautiful post. You have described some events of life and some natural phenomena in a very beautiful and special way. Your post is special. It is Elhamish! :lol: Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful post; full of love, kindness and feelings. As other friends have said, your post is full of positive energy.

Dear Elham, you are a very kind person. This is obvious to everybody who meets you even for the first time. You are naturally a kind person. Take the value of your kindness. That's really valuable.

I felt honoured when I saw that wonderful post was addressed to me. There were many sweet and nice sentences in your post, but I chose only one of them and put it above; at the beginning of this writing. You cannot imagine how happy I was when I read that sentence. You yourself are an example of loyalty and kindness. I really take pride in making friends with you. This friendship has lasted Long, just because of your kindness and patience. Thank you very much indeed.

You have described tears in a very beautiful way; of course differently as if you've looked at them from a different angle or with different eyes. Our eyes see things when they reflect back optical lights(Violet-Blue-Green-Yellow and Red). In other words, human beings' eyes are sensitive to some special colours. We cannot detect infrared and ultraviolet radiation by our eyes. However, your eyes are different. They detect some different spectrum. You can see some details that ordinary people don't see. Maybe your heart is sensitive to some radiation, who knows!

I personally like to think about the reason behind tears. Why do we cry when we feel too much sad or too much happy? What makes some people cry easily, but some others cry less? What is the mysterious relationship between the spirit and the creation of tears in eyes? As you have mentioned in a very romantic way, what God has been thinking when creating tears? What is the point in creating an illness and its treatment? Why tears comes down from our eyes, not from our ears for example? It implies the important role of eyes in our bodies. Eyes are the gate of soul. Eyes are the bridge between our spiritual and physical parts.

Looking kindly at father's face is a rewarding action. God loves this action. You do it regularly. Good for you.

Your post is a rich source of good topics. It will be kept in the history of the thread. Thank you very much for creating such a masterwork!

All the best,
Behnam, 07 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Soul?

Post by reindeer »

behnam wrote:...Your soul isn't dark dear Andrew...
I know that, Behnam. Actually, my soul is serene. Proverbs and words they consist of are not the same - the meaning of this proverb is that it's difficult to know other people's thoughts and predict their acts.

Drop by to chess.com sometimes. I'm not sure that I'll play long chess, but I'm ready for another ten minute game.

Have a nice day,
Andrew
Last edited by reindeer on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Difficult?!

Post by reindeer »

One more thing, Behnam,

I believe that by saying 'So difficult' you mean that you can't catch my point. Is it right?
Actually, I just wanted to say that I consider sorting people by categories and labeling them useless in real life. However, I admit that the post was unclear and confusing.

Take care,
Andrew
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Long time no see Setareh!

Post by behnam »

Hi Setareh,

This is just to let you know that I've missed you terribly. I hope you are doing well and enjoying your life. I am very much looking forwards to hearing from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 08 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I should stop playing chess!

Post by behnam »

Dear Andrew,

It doesn't matter if someone uses complicated words in their writings. We can look them up in online dictionaries, in case we don't know their meanings. However, what matters is grasping the concept of the writer. I mean taking the points is important.

Your words weren't difficult, but your points were so difficult. I often guess your points, and most of the time I guess correctly. :lol: {-: :lol:

I've got some problems with WWW.chess.com It keeps getting disconnected when playing chess. It also makes my mind busy for a long time after the game. You know, the board stays laid on my mind and pieces move themselves(without my intention). This makes my mind busy and tired. It is poisonous to my concentration too. I will join you after receiving my PhD degree. :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 08 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Hurieh,
Lucky are your parents whose girl is accountable, wise and matured. You help them cleaning the house, God granted your wishes

My wife is tired these days and her brows has been knitted when I come back home , I promised her to help her ,All kind of cleaning ,removing the dusts , brushing the chandeliers, generally whatever jobs which need ladder is my responsibility. Although I disagree with cleaning the house in this season , I help her in all kind of house affairs. I think before the new year’s holiday women get some kind of stress and anxiety, and they start to debate and critic their husbands.

About child breeding I agree with you, excessive attention causes the kid a lot of loss ,the kid losses the independency when grow up , we have sample of such a men in our family that when he wants to do something he get his mother’s permission .
Bring up a child is not a complex affair, it needs time, determination, patience, and facilities. Certainly, people have different attribution about training a good child. Politeness and good education is common and general factors for all people. In Iran Many people try to teach their children reading Quran and saying the prayer, even before going to school. My father never let me to be a friend with a person who didn’t say prayer and now it is one of my criteria to have interaction with other people. for example if I know the grocery near to my house doesn’t say his prayer , I never buy a thing from him.

Dear Hurieh , you are a psychologist , and people should follow you to find the best way for training a child .
B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
aristar

Post by aristar »

Hello, My name is Star and I am an ESL teacher in the States. I have had many students from all over Asia and the Middle East. Some students have an English ability that is very high and some students are just learning the basic. But what is always confusing are phrasal verbs. There are a few books about about phrasal verbs. The one I am currently using with students is "How We Really Talk Using Phrasal Verbs in English." It's really great, but... It highlights that there are sooooooooo many phrasal verbs.

How do you teach or learn phrasal verbs? I am looking for more ideas to complement the book and give help so that students can better organize them.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Chess, sir!

Post by reindeer »

Dear Hurieh,

when will we play? I wait for you on chess.com

Andrew57
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Global Village

Post by setareh »

Humans are so proud of themselves because they have made tremendous amount of progress in science. So many diseases which used to kill many people are cured now, although there are so many other diseases that are still incurable. Transportation system has completely changed. Nowadays it’s easier to travel. Even we went out of our planet into space, isn’t it wonderful? We have changed communication system completely. We can communicate more rapidly via telephone, internet, you name it. We can communicate with anybody in every part of the world. We have practically turned the world into a small village. That’s awesome, right? Let’s see what we have done about humans’ relationships so far. Have we also made a lot of progress in this specific area? Have we eradicated war? Have we eliminated disparity? Has slavery been really abolished? Don’t we have child labor anymore? Do we treat each other with respect? And the list can go on. I am not a pessimist, but unfortunately these are the facts that we must face it. My point is maybe we have made the world like a village, but when it comes to understanding we are so far from each other. Have you ever noticed when two person from the same country, the same religion and the same language want to get married ; whenever they face a problem they would say they are so different, they couldn’t understand each other because they belong to different walks of life. See, then I wonder how we would be able to understand people from another continent, another religion and another language. If there is no understanding, there would be misunderstanding that will lead to conflicts and wars. Maybe we don’t sell and buy humans any more, but we have new kind of slavery. Maybe we save a lot of people from fatal diseases, but later we kill them in war with advanced weapons. If we want to use these technological advances in favor of humans, we must improve our relationships. We must behave each other like human beings not like animals that live in a jungle and follow the law of the jungle. If we don’t want to be as dear Andrew said troublemaker human beings, we must change our approach, our way of thinking, our behavior and in general we must change ourselves. I hope one day we could be proud of ourselves for ending disparity, poverty, War and slavery, because I believe making progress in humanitarian issues are more important than any other areas.
Hope to make a better world,
setareh
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Global Village

Post by reindeer »

setareh wrote:We must behave each other like human beings not like animals that live in a jungle and follow the law of the jungle. If we don’t want to be as dear Andrew said troublemaker human beings, we must change our approach, our way of thinking, our behavior and in general we must change ourselves. I hope one day we could be proud of ourselves for ending disparity, poverty, War and slavery, because I believe making progress in humanitarian issues are more important than any other areas.
Hope to make a better world,
setareh
Bravo Setareh!

Your monologue shows that you stick to the positive views on civilisation development. Technically, if the majority of the planet inhabitants came to agreement, the most of problems would be solved soon. Unfortunately, diversity of views, and so mismatch of approaches, basic concepts, to which people stick in everyday life, is crucial. No way to hope that it'll change someday. We have to live side by side to people (or even nations) who have bad attitude toward us. We learn by practise that there are people who have neither views nor honour at all. We have to admit the fact that governments can do fatal mistakes (and they do it whenever they get chance!). The best we can do in this situation is to stay good and be ready for the worst.

I don't know much about science. It seems busy with research of some weird things. From time to time, we get informed that some new gadget or method has appeared, thanks to science! For God sake, I wasn't less happy in my boyhood, without Internet, 3d tv, i-phones and superfast trains. During my only world wide travel I came to understanding that this world is, if not a big village, but not actually that big. That was disappointing!
Only thing about human civilization I'm really proud of is literature and Arts, especially music.

Have a nice day,
Andrew
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Kamelia!

Post by behnam »

Kamelia wrote:I enjoy reading your posts, you know. They are mighty sophisticated and in the meantime so easy to understand {-; {-;
Hi Kami,

I write plainly because my vocabulary is limited. I cannot widen it by memorizing new words. The main problem is losing my English skills because of not using them. I don't practise English as I used to do. It is therefore normal to lose my vocabulary gradually.

I guess extrovert people are more successful than introvert ones. First, you should have asked me for the meaning of 'successful people'. If I had defined 'success', you would have known why -in my opinion-extrovert people are more successful than others.

Actually, in a society most of the works are handled by a group of people rather than by an individual. Therefore, teamwork is a need for the people in the society. For a good teamwork, effective communication is essentially important. It goes without saying that extrovert people communicate more effectively than introvert people. Therefore, I guess my guess has been based on some logical consideration, hasn't it? :lol: {-: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 11 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Star!

Post by behnam »

aristar wrote:How do you teach or learn phrasal verbs?
Hi Star,

Welcome! Thank you for putting your first post on this thread. With regard yo your question, I personally don't practise phrasal verbs, because of the fact that they are difficult to learn and easy to forget! In addition to that, many English learners have trouble understanding and using them accurately. Other friends, specially dear Hurieh, is quite good at them. I guess she has got some helpful suggestions about how to learn or teach phrasal verbs.

Please do not hesitate to put post in this thread.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I agree with you Setareh!

Post by behnam »

setareh wrote:We must behave each other like human beings not like animals that live in a jungle and follow the law of the jungle.
Hi Setareh,

Thank you so much for posting nice posts and writing about important topics. I do agree with your points and the criticisms. Science and technology has provided us with controlling outer space, but not inner space. We are doing some research on Mars now. We've split the atom and got benefits from its energy, but we haven't overcome our prejudice yet. 'We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies, but have less communication. We are long on quantity, but short on quality. It is the time of more leisure and less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition; two incomes, but more divorce; fancier houses, but broken homes.'

We should learn how to love, how to tolerate, how to respect and how to live. There are many things we must learn. We should notice that science and technology cannot bring happiness to us. They must be considered as some tools to improve the quality of life. They mustn't be our main goals in the life. Besides developments in science and technology, we must concern about moralities, ethics and values.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

It's a jungle world, gentlecats!

Post by reindeer »

The jungle cat is hiding in ambush to catch a careless wild drake!

- Hey guy! What do you think you're doing?! Is it moral to eat a living being?!
- No, sir! But I'm used to it. It's a nice tradition!
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

I'm sorry, but it's time for a riddle!

Post by reindeer »

Dear friends!

I'm happy to introduce you to my new concept of a riddle. The solvation will seem disappointingly simple to you...of course if you find this solvation ;-) I must admit that I did my best to make it somewhat unusual (my favorite! :roll: )

To avoid joint discussion, I'll send the riddle as a Private Message to all of you.
So, solve the riddle - tell me the encrypted English proverb:

Please participate all! I'll be happy if you do.

All the best,
Andrew
p.s. Those of you who solve it, please post the answer, but don’t tell the solvation!
skystar

Post by skystar »

Dear Setareh

Thanks for your response to the post on extroverts vs introverts. Based on your explanation I also think you are an extrovert {-;. However, if you want to make sure, you can download the questionnaire for BIG FIVE personality trait. This test gives you some information about 5 main personality traits including Agreeableness vs Antagonism, Neurotism vs Emotional stability, Openness to new experience vs Closedness, Lack of direction vs Conscientiousness and being an Introvert or an Extrovert.

Anyway, I read your post on global village. You are absolutely right. Technology has changed our lives. We have been advanced creatures when it comes to science and technology but we are not advanced regarding moralities and humanity.
I think we have lost most of our cultural and religious values because of alienation and, of course, abuse of technology. We usually don't respect each other; most of the time, we don't obey the civil right; we don't care about others especially the poor, that’ s why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
I think if we want to improve the situation and make it better we have to start from ourselves and our children. Some people believe that one flower doesn't make the spring and one person can't make any difference. But I don't agree because if everybody as a human fulfills his/her duties, there won’t be any chaos, any crime, any poverty and even any divorce.

We ourselves can make our country and even the world more beautiful .

Best,
Sarah
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

My apology!

Of course, I meant solution, not salvation!

Andrew
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

An urgent need!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Today I received a certificate from an organization. There is written "This is hereby certified that..."! This sentence seems unusual to me. I guess it must be written either "This is hereby to certify that..." or "It is hereby certified that...". How do you think? Please reply as soon as possible. This is an urgent need.

All the best,
Behnam, 12 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Hi Behnam,

I respond a.s.a.p. - I don't know!
To me, there is not much difference between those versions. The second one seems to be better, in my opinion.
It's important to know whom you recieved this letter from. If the sender is not native English speaker, you may regard any confusing phrase as a mistake. It's a very common thing, as far as I know.

All the best,
Andrew
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Congratulate the winner!

Post by reindeer »

It is hereby certified that

Sara has just become a winner

in solving riddle contest!! Please applaud!

Sara being announced clever and gets rewarded with the spinning piano!

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Behnam

Post by Kamelia »

The usual types go like this:

This is to certify that...
It is hereby certified that...

So your letter seems like a combination,