Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

ushar

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by ushar »

hello sir..l wanna learn..good english n my speach breakes when l talk...can anyone help me ..where is thread related to english..thank u
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Mohsen,

Many thanks for your explanation, your gifts were really good , good choice! {-;

Here in Damascus we don't have such custom, the bridegroom just buy a set of gold -of course its value depend on how rich he is or what the bride's family wants!- :-D

Most of the times when the bridegroom comes to visit his bride at her father's home, he brings gifts for HER only "maybe he does that just to show her how generous and romantic he is, but of course all that disappears after marriage!" :lol: Why do you think??!! Do you think that he is fooling her?! :lol:

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Welcome back Kami, wish you the best with your results!
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy Valentin's Day!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

This is just to say 'Happy Valentin's Day' to You! I want you to be happy all the time.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

Behi jooooooooooon
Happy Valentin's day to YOU.
Kiss YOU.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Kindness!

Post by behnam »

Hi Amoure,

How are you? I hope your life is filled with joy and happiness. Thank you for your friendly message. Happy Valentin's Day to YOU too!

There is a fountain pen in my shirt pocket; always filled with Royal Blue German Pelikan ink! Its colour is violet. The colour attracts people's attention. Many friends of mine have tried to take it, but I never give this pen to anybody! I love it and its colour very much. The brand is Parker; a very famous one.

I guess it was 7 years ago; in November 2006, I entered the virtual world(=the Net) in order to practise English. I clearly remember the first person who sent me PM(private message) when I was in a chat room. Good old days!

Those two small stories told you to make this conclusion: Time goes, everything goes, we also go, but love and kindness are everlasting!

All the best,

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

Behi joooooooooooooooon;
midooni cheghadr geroon shode oon?!!!!!!!! shookhi kardam.man hamishe dooset daram oonam b sabke faransavi!!!!!!!!!vaghti delet tang mishe chi mishe shoma tamas begiri?!!!!!!! hamishe man bayad biam?
miboosamet faravoon:))))))
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I am always available!

Post by behnam »

Dear Amoure,

There is something special about me; being always available for friends. Some people don't care about others. I always say to my friends that even solid things have feelings. But, some people are so cruel. They don't care about human rights! They impose emotional sanction on others! hehehehehe...

Have some feelings instead of speaking about its price! Man narahat nemisham, but speaking about price is not dar shane you! Hehehehehe...

Man ke hamishe injam(I am always here, easily available)!

By the way, you should know, women are more emotional(then kinder) than men. Taking this factor into consideration you will find me a different man, more emotional than other men. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Amoure

Post by Amoure »

:lol: :lol:
Ey joonam Behi ehsasati.
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

I have three precious books in my bookshelf. I love them so much. They are valuable to me not for they are expensive but for they are gifted to me by a very lovely friend. First pages of the books are covered by a very wonderful handwriting and the comments are written by a fountain pen! :-D
Through lines I read kindness and affection of the writer. Definitely the writer has a heart of gold. Reading comments, I'm always filled with joy and feel proud of my awesome friend.

I'm writing this post to tell my friend a big :

*Happy Valentin's Day*
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

<3 Happy Valentin's Day <3
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Happy Valentin's Day to the person who has always drown a smile on face and supported me, the great Behnam.

Happy Valentin's Day to my sister and my best best best friend who has always been with me, dearest Elham.

I love you a looooooooooot, many thanks for making my life easier and happier. :)

Best wishes,
Amal
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

My dear Amal,

Having seen your wonderful crochet works on facebook, I'm here to tell you a heartfelt
"HAPPY Valentine's Day!" :-D

Honey, you are doing great on crocheting. Before you told me you were taking crocheting class, I had thought about it and asked my aunt to find a good class for me to attend . But I'm in hurry; how many things can I do in the same time? One by one... :lol: Seeing your works, my interest for doing this job even doubles! I really enjoy seeing them, it motivates me more and more.

Thanks for your very kind post to us; Behnam and me! For sure this great feeling of friendship is mutual between us. You have the heart of a sparrow, you are soooooo pure and kind. Thanks for being our friend.

Take care o yourself and your gentle fingers; don't make them too tired* :-)

Love,
Elham
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I've missed YOU!

Post by behnam »

Hi Amal,

The story of missing friends is endless. I've missed you terribly. I check the thread and the mailbox frequently to see a sign from friends, to pacify myself, but nothing on the horizon! You know, a kindness is put there, in the deep layers of heart. It doesn't go out; as long as I am alive!

Comparing to other days, Friday afternoons are different in that on Fridays; in the afternoons, I am about to die of missing friends. Oh, nobody can understand how I feel-how I am-when I miss my friends.

Let me cry like clouds. Don't blame me for impatience. Mountains are wailing. Oceans are tempestuous. Why? Friends are miles away!

I just revealed some small senses of nostalgia for good old days in the past with friends. The deeper levels of distress cannot be shown by words. How do people feel when they cut their fingers with a cutter when; for instance, they are peeling or dicing potatoes? My heart feels that pain long, as if you cut your fingers again and again! How do people feel when a thorn penetrates their body? My heart feels this sharp pain long.

Oh, let's cease wailing!

Thank you for your friendly message.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 February, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Kamelia »

Hi there Behnam,

How are you doing? How's the life of "Big Daddy Konkuri" going? :-D Oh I am hoping very well!
Yeaaaaah took the exam and I feel so0o0om fresh now, like I want to a devour a veeeery big library of amusing literary novels that I postponed reading.
Oh dear, I have taken lots of exams during these years and tell you what, NONE were standardized except the TOEFL or IELTS or SAT samples(oh and the test for the Testing and Teaching courses) Almost none! And you want to know why? Because all these books written about testing materials, organizing test formats and the pretesting are mere slogans! Mere slogans! They never get anything out of it except pushing the students to study the Testing book and then take its "exam"!
The M.A was almost to test our memories rather than the literary skills and their application in the actual material. THREE questions were dedicated to " how does the poem bla bla start?"! Can you imagine this? THREE!
Uh what do I say! There is a lot to complain and no one to listen, and I am afraid you might get dizzy :-D

Oh Ostaaaad, ostaaaaad, come on! The same trick again? kami how is my English? :-D I would not fall for that this time! Your English module, especially for YOU, would not even need a re-reading!
You will be fine I promise!
Our omumi part was kind of like yours. 20 grammar, 20 vocab, 10 close test, 20 reading comprehension! Hehe, there was a VERY obvious flaw about the comprehension part and guess what it was?! In Testing methodology it is said that the range of questions begins with easy, medium then hard! And guess how were the three readings represented to us? A little hard, TOO hard, VERY simple, like a real novice could also answer that!

I am only helping you with a piece of advise and that would be read vocabulary as much as you can because they know that M.A or PhD test takers got way too much problems with this part!

Oh and one last thing, what is all the story of fountain pens and writings? Almost everyone's got a post on that :-D

Hope to read from you so soon,

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Don't put me in a daze!

Post by behnam »

Hi Kami,

Many thanks for your reply, although it is sent late and my request is ignored! I appealed to you to help me with the English module in my PhD exam; to give me some advice on it, but you told me a cock and bull story about your own desires and experience:
Yeaaaaah took the exam and I feel so0o0om fresh now, like I want to a devour a veeeery big library of amusing literary novels that I postponed reading.
I am happy that you have cared about using gerund after 'postpone', but it is wearing to see the incorrect usage of 'devour'!

Kami, for the love of God, spend some time and ponder my plea for help! Obviously, vocabulary is vitally important, but how can I enlarge my vocabulary range? Do you think '504 Absolutely Essential Words' is a good book for my purpose? The exam day is coming, but I've done nothing for English module! Sad :-( :-( :-(

You are an English teacher now. As a close friend, I expect you to pay some attention to my request. The situation is critical. I am under a lot of pressure. Instead of pacifying, you are snubbing and sneering! :-( :-( :-( For the sake of God; for the sake of friendship, this is a very serious matter! Take this stuff seriously!

Sorry for recklessness! I expect you more! Help! Help! Help! This is not a trick! :-( :-( :-(

I am impatiently looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 16 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi There

Post by Kamelia »

Hi Ostad,

Punching somebody on the face and then expecting her to teach you how to "punch"?! :-D

Thanks for correcting me though. Ostad jan, how can I help you if you still are hovering on my grammatical mistakes? I was so blushed when I saw your post!
Well anyway, 504 is a drag, do not rely on that. There is a 1100 essential words and I am sure you have seen that. It is a red-colored book and you could easily find that. Study at least one week every night but I am DEAD sure that you are familiar with almost all the words in it. Next book would be the College Bound for university and high school students (don't mind its name, the content's more than a high school material) which is a green-colored book. I got the flash cards which work better than the book for me. I can carry them everywhere with me. Then would be the English SAT exam words for which I got a file and would email to you if you wanted.
Oh Sweet Behnam, please donot do this to me, this is not my house so I could check the internet everyday. We have to walk for almost a kilometer to reach the pc-room, so... :-(

Waiting,
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi there

Post by Kamelia »

Dear Mohsen,

How are you doing? Well wishing friends worse a million, thanks for your kindness.
Dear Mohsen, I have chosen to study English Literature because that is a subject I really think suits my taste and everything.

O0o0oh so that happens to you too, hmm? :-D Yeah It is the same with me :-D Every time you check your pocket you find a new card and new cards mean new numbers and pass codes. Hateful! :-x

Hmmm...I believe that one should not memorize too many numbers. I do not really know the reason why but I feel more comfortable this way. You know, I think when you memorize numbers they occupy too much space in your memory which could be used for better stuff. I know it seems weird, but I just think this way :-D

Hehe, funny to say but sometimes I forget things right at the moment that I should not have. It hurts, I know, but I cannot help it. You know what I do for stop forgetting things when I do not want to? I write them in my cell phone notes, so that I have them every time I need them. Simple and easy. Oh but you might not carry yours everywhere so maybe you might want to use a paper. That works best too :-D

I remember Behnam always told me do not let the posts neutral, ask a question so you could have the chance to continue writing but right now my mind goes blank, honestly!

Ohhh something popped up. Rather than numbers, do you forget taking your cards with you? Has it ever happened that you were driving to a city for business or traveling case and then suddenly in the middle of the road remembered that you forgot taking your petrol card? or Driving license? :-D

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hiiiii Elham

Post by Kamelia »

Ellieeeeeeeeeeeeeee,

Hiiii there. How are you doing? I missed youuu. Missed you so much here. How is everything with you? Thesis? Univ finished? Free now? or you miss the "good old days" ? :-D

Ellie junam, you can not imagine how happy I am to see your warm welcome. It is so0o0o lovely of you to say so. I really wish that everything go all right. Let's just pray that they may :-D

Ellie, it is hard asking you about everything in text messages. So please be kind to tell me about everything that happened to you till now.Your studies, life, anything you think fit to talk about. Give me topics to write. :-D

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Amal

Post by Kamelia »

Dear Amal,
How are you dear? Thank you so much for the warm welcome.
Oh I happened to read your post to Mohsen. It was about bringing gifts to a bride and so. I was wondering that do you really think he is trying to fool her? Or you mean fool in a good way?

I mean why should a groom fool the one he loves, is he not going to live with her till the rest of his life? Has not he chosen her as his partner?

Oh God, too many questions, I know. Would you be kind to let me know of your opinion?

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I couldn't find 1100 Essential Words!

Post by behnam »

Hi Kamelia,

Many thanks for your reply. Thank you for paying attention to my request. You are very kind. I didn't punch you in the face! I didn't slapped you across the face! It is forbidden, in Islam, to touch a girl's body(face, hand, ...)! I am a religious person. How could I do that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never correct people, but I don't know why I like teasing you by highlighting something mistakes in your posts. I've told you many times that my bread-making subject is Physics. For me, learning English is like playing game or doing something for fun. It is not essentially important for me to be expert at English. But, you are different in that you are going to make money by being involved(teaching, translating, interpreting, ...) in English. You should be very cautious, since your role is important. You are the guider or the leader of the team! Got it? I hope so! :lol:

Your English is excellent. You are a humble person. You never show off. In fact, your friendly manner and humble behaviour have made me valor to pull your leg firmly! Oh, I must be careful. Too much pulling, or pulling firmly may damage your leg! :lol: :lol:

Dear Kami, I couldn't find the ebook of '1100 Essential words'. Could you please email me all the files you've got about vocabulary? It'd be kind of you if you could send me the mentioned file about ...SAT EXAM...

Oh, Kami, don't be that much lazy. You are a young girl. You should jump over one kilometer. :lol:

I am waiting.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 February, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

||I'm without you||

I'm without you like a black sky without the moon
I'm without you like a rose without the perfume
I'm without you like a day without the sunlight
I'm without you like a baby without the mom
I'm without you like a body without the soul

- WiLZiN -
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Amal,

I've missed talking with you in a way that I can't wait anymore. Please let's arrange a time for chatting and just talk and talk and laugh and laugh.....
I couldn't open messenger and put my message there so I came here.

My soul needs to talk with you. You know? Oh, Amal tonight I'm full of feelings for you...
Come and hug me firmly, I need your kindness....

Impatiently waiting for meeting you,

Missed you,
Elli
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Hi dear friends...

Behnam, Elham and Amal what is your opinion about allotment an agreed time between us to chat together once or twice a week?! Can we?!
Please reply to me positive or negative.

Have nice days...

-WiLZiN-
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Kami,

How are you?

Thanks for your kind post to me.

Dear I was just trying to make Mohsen write the same as you did with us. {-;

However, in fact my question was serious, some men "bridegrooms" try during the engagement period to show a better impression about themselves just to make the brides love them more "this is not bad but in somehow it's fooling cause it isn't their real personality!".

For examples, sometimes they try to pretend that they are generous by giving her a looot of gifts and buy expensive things but after the marriage all this disappear and the brides discover that the grooms are mean. Other times men try to show themselves kind and romantic and again after the marriage the girls find them different. OR maybe...."It might be Behnam's explanation" {-; :lol: :oops: Emm, they try to fool their brides just to have..... :oops: ..... Isn't that fooling??!!! :lol:

Dear, you asked: "is he not going to live with her till the rest of his life? Has not he chosen her as his partner?"

Yes for sure, but maybe they try to change their characters just to let the brides fall in love in the beginning in order to accept living with them the rest of their life, they think that after marriage the girls wouldn't leave them "sometimes women accept to stay with a person who she doesn't like just for her children". Above that, in some cultures, it is bad if a woman got divorced. There are too many reasons for fooling others even our beloved ones so let's stop speaking about the bad things.

Of course, there are a lot of good grooms with good intentions, I am not claiming that ALL men are like that. More over, I don't have a bad view about men but I am just trying to explain what I meant by my question to Mohsen.

So dear what's your opinion? Am I right?! Do you think that it's OK to fool somebody "in a good way"? -as you wrote-

Kami! Now you HAVE TO answer my many questions cause you let me write what Mohsen supposed to do! :-D :lol: "Just kidding"

I am waiting impatiently for your reply.

Best wishes,
Amal
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Kami,

I'm here tonight just to write to you, my sweet, really SWEET friend. :-D
How are you honey? You should be spending a very delighted time after that important, challenging exam. Hope you are enjoying yourself sweet Kamiiiiiiiiii :-)

What am I doing? Emmm...... I'm living. Have you ever heard such an very accurate answer in your whole life? :lol:

I'm living honey. A life full of Elhamish life!!! {-: Emmmm, strange tonight, yes? :lol:
But believe me, I'm living my Elhamish life,full of thought, learning,work, sleep, eating,stress, calmness, love,hatred, kindness,harshness, affection,laziness,studying,reading...
full of affecting others, being affected by others... full of regret for my past life and many ideas for my present and future life.... full of energy for many activities... full of desire for my dreams... full of thirstiness... full of hope... full of happiness.... full of fear... full of sadness ... full of love...

Ohhhhhhh my God.... I love life! :-D

Oh yea, I know, you are wise enough to say, " this is what all of us do, what was Elhamish about this life full of bla bla bla....above?"
And I answer, " Yes, these arr all common between us, but I'm living them in my own special and unique way!" :lol:

Oh sorry honey, I really don't know how you feel reading these lines but this is what comes to my mind and I just write them here! :roll:

Please write honey, about whatever... I don't know, about... sky... butterflies...sun... flowers... God... friendship... life...happiness...love....marriage...girlish world...pony tails...skirt...make-up...dance...boys...night... day...trees :lol:

You can write about one of these in detail...one of them in short... all of them in detail.. or all of them in short! :-D But write sth for me, I'm looking forward to reading from you.

Eli
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi again Kami,

This is to ask you a question.

kami? Is there any fragrant perfume you know which you can recommend me? I'm looking for a gentle-scented one with a reasonable price! Actually I have one "Coco Chanel" whose odor is just wonderful, but since it's an expensive one, I can't use it frequently everywhere and I need sth else. I'd appreciate it if you could help me in this regard. :-)

Thanks in advance,
Eli
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Wilzin,

Thanks for your very friendly request. I personally love to chat with my friends. I always enjoy those nice times when I chat with my selected friends. A group chat is also a good chance for me not only to have fun, but also to be sociable and learn from others' words and opinions. :-)

As you know, dear Behnam is busy with his studies these days. So it's not possible to have such a mentioned chat. Now let's pray for him to do his best. :-)

Wish you the best,
Eli
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Ostad

Post by Kamelia »

Dear Sweet Ostad,

How are you doing? How is everything with you? Started reading the SAT words? How do they seem to you?
Dear I seriously suggest that you study them when you are sleepy and then first thing in the morning review them. I mean if it is convenient for you please do it in this way. They will stick to your mind for nearly a hundred years this way :-D

Actually I emailed the College Bound+ 1100 words today. You could take a look at them too but the SAT would be enough, take my words!

Lovely Ostad, you know that I take your words as divine ones since you are the most knowledgeable humane ostad I ever had as a friend, or better to say the only one. I know what you say about me being a teacher and that I must be so careful with my words and grammar. Uh tell you what, sometimes I am just so tired to check my words up in dictionary, and sometimes the time limit does not let me. But I really DO want to be accurate, this is what I always wanted. I mean it is not because I am lazy or anything. Please do not blame me for it, please. I will try to be better.

Writing here is an honor. It is a free place to express yourself, discuss, even make mistakes so that you realize what your mistakes WERE, I learn from them, but all in all, yes you are right. I will try my best.

LOOOOL My leg is being hurt for something like years :-D Just kidding!

Ostad, I wish you the best from really the bottom of my heart. Please do not hesitate to ask if you had any problems, I will always be there for you if I am capable to help.

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Amal

Post by Kamelia »

Dear Amal,

How are you dear? Thank you so much the lovely post. Your posts are always full of hope for life, like a beating heart. Thanks for that. Your writing echos a soft music of life here.

Sweet Amal, I know what you say about that fooling thing. You mean the grooms might suffocate the brides with gifts, chocolates and flowers and haunt them with emotions that most might be fake or so...Yeah...I know what you say girl :-D

Oh well, if I were a radical feminist I guess I had to say that YEAAAH, we would not fall for these evil grooms (LOL just kidding) we won't let them trick us.
But as I am an egalitarian so I think it is the same for both genders. Sometimes it might be the grooms doing this sometimes the brides.
Amal, yeah I know it seems shocking but I have seen girls doing that. The groom was so powerful and rich that they thought it worth it to fool them (in this case fooling in a bad way).
Oh but fooling in a good way, sweet Amal, that was a good question. I never had thought about it :?:
Well, it is life Amal, anything is possible in it. Isn't it? However we say we love honesty, we adore truth but there are times that you have to say a white lie, or fool somebody you love for good. Hmm...you know what? Now I am thinking if I have ever done that :?: LOL

Such a challenging question. You know why it is bothering me now? Because now I am realizing that it is not just a man I can love, it could be my roommate, friends or anyone and I am wondering if I have done that ever or not :-D

Amal, what about you? Have you ever fooled anyone in a good way? How was it? What did you do? I mean you could write about the parts that are not so personal.

Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Ellie

Post by Kamelia »

Dear Ellie,

Well hello0o0o there girl. How are you? Do you know how much your post appealed to me? It was nearly a fantastic colorful expression of emotions that I always expect from you. It was a wonderful topicful one but I just do not know which one to choose :))

Life is actually full of all the topics you named, and I believe that Ellie always appreciates the bads almost as easy as the goods. You know what Ellie, you have always been a source of tranquility for me. Your voice, your messages, your posts, there is a special power in them which I am sure is coming from a pure soul. I am not exaggerating, do not think of it :-D I am pure honest now!

Ellie jun, the topics are so many meanwhile too broad. Take a look at them yourself :-D How am I supposed to write about them akhe bi ensaf :-D

Oh but then came a very lovely question from you, you asked me about perfumes. I LOVE buying them. It is so enjoyable, oh but on one condition, what you have coffee beans beside LOOOL

Ellie jun you know that the prices have been doubled so that the one I bought for 13t now I have to buy it for 26t, so...

These are my favorite:
*If you want a cool sweet fragrance try Nike the blue, it is really fresh and relieving. You will almost forget what a busy hectic day you might have a head 8-)
*If you go for cool cucumber stuff go for Dunhill fresh, it also tastes awesome :)) But you might think it a bit masculine :-D
*If you prefer a more feminine lady kind go for Bliss, a VERY elegant feminine one.Mostly a party kind but the essence is adorable, take my word.
*if you go for sweet provoking scents then try She the blue, but if you just want it to be sweet ladylike try She the Red, other kinds are just...you know :mrgreen:
*And finally if you want a sweet girlish sweet thing that titillates the nose of everyone around you and make you feel like you are so delicious that you like to snuggle yourself go for Promise, a pink sweet scent full of life! But don't let the first molecules trick you let some seconds pass then try smelling it again.

Ellie jun, try checking them out and if you liked none do not hesitate to ask me for more names. Fragrances are my favorite. Hope you enjoy checking out the perfume stores, I wish I were there too with you :-D

Enjoy shopping,

Write to me soon,
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi Kami,

Thanks for your kind words for me, I'm happy to hear so. :-D

Oh honey, I knew you would have great ideas helping me choose the right perfume. I was sure I'm asking from the very right person.Thanks a million for your great suggestions :-)

You know this time I'm just looking for sth to make me smell pleasant. I don't want the perfume to smell very strong or attracts others to me; no, I just want sth very gentle. Emmm, let me put it in other words, I like to be smelled tidy and nice, jut this. Hope you get what I exactly mean. So, which of mentioned perfumes above goes to this category?

Oh honey, come on! I told you can even write about one of them briefly. Put laziness aside and let me enjoy your English. You smell fresh and energetic, I love to hear from you. :-)

Write to me soon ;-)
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Ellie

Post by Kamelia »

Hi Ellie,

How are you? Actually I am writing this post in morning. So good morning to you Ellie jun. How is everything going on with you?
Oh regarding the perfumes, come on, I just named some that I like the best. I understand what you say. None of them would, dear. Actually almost all of them so delightful and they do smell natural on you. Umm but now that you say adjectives like neat and tidy and so this reminds me of Rain Drop, so0o0 delightful meanwhile fits perfectly normal on you, like it's your skin's fragrance or sth :-D

Elllieeee, I know you told me to write about them but they are TOO general, you see! Would not I seem foolish if I all of a sudden start writing about my feelings towards butterflies? LOL You need to ask me something about them :-D
Speaking of butterflies, I am reminded of a question :idea: , now that you do not :-D Do you like these butterfly collections? Or any other insects? The ones that they make like a picture in glassy packages which you would pin to the wall and watch whenever you like, do you like to have one? Have you got any taxidermied( haven't got a dictionary here, am not sure of the correctness of this verb) animals at home? Do you agree with the idea of killing and stuffing them like that?

Write to me soon,
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

You should always leave loved ones with loving words. {-:
It may be the last time you see them. :cry:

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. }:
All you can do is be someone who can be loved. :roll:
The rest is up to them. :oops:
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Amal,
The love between the couple is very strong ,so the groom give different gifts to the bride and her family, but it will not continue the same way when they start living and go to their own house.
For example when you want to catch a bird you should pour some seeds in front of bird , but when you catch the bird , you seed the bird when she is hungry.

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

A special prayer for my older brother Behnam {-:

Oh My God please...
bless him
guide him
forgive him
have a mercy on him
let what he has studied come in the exam {-;

Amen :ok:
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
oliwells

Post by oliwells »

WiLZiN wrote:A special prayer for my older brother Behnam {-:

Oh My God please...
bless him
guide him
forgive him
have a mercy on him
let what he has studied come in the exam {-;

Amen :ok:
Was that a prayer or a poem?
WiLZiN
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by WiLZiN »

Hi oliwells...

Welcome to our thread.
You can consider that it's 2 in 1.

Have nice days...
WrittenBy:
((WiLZiN))
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi My sister Elham,

How are you? How are your English classes? Do you write any paragraphs there?! Why don't you share them with us?

Honey, should I say sorry for being late in replying, for being cruel, for being unkind or should I say sorry for all of that?!
Well dear, I really was cruel and unkind although I had my reasons and you already know them all so there is no need to mention them.

However, for me, FRIENDSHIP is the most important thing, it's my life, especially when it came to you, my best friend!

But believe or not I was addicted,addicted to crochet although I was taking medicines which supposed to make me sleep all the time, I was fighting its effect and worked all the days and nights!

Believe me, till now my finger hurts me, I think I have to take a rest :'D But does I do that?! Nooooooo, I still work and work and work even if I don't have to! :-(
Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really ADDICTED! :(

Dear, I have had this habit since I was a kid; If I have to do

something, I keep working on it till it's finished no matter what that cost! " I may not sleep, not eat and not move..etc"
I think it's a bad habit, isn't it?! Do you have such habit? What is your bad habit in your consideration?

Oh my god! I kept talking about crochet and my habit and forgot the main point! OK! Let's back to it.. Dear Eli, although last week I wasn't in my full concentration but be sure that you were always in my mind, in every minute!

Above that, I'd told my mother a LOT about YOU, till she became jealous! {-: I told her how much you helped and supported me, I told her how kind you were and still and I told her that you are my EVERYTHING, you are a gift from god to me!
My mother said: "come on Amal! So what am I to you???!!!" :shock:

Dear, while writing this post, some questions came to my mind so I left them to the end...

Emm, I don't know how to make myself clear to you but I will try my best..

Eli, How would we know that we are talented? In your opinion do you think that having a talent is a learnable thing or the talent is born with the person? And if it's born with the person, how would they know that they have it?!

I know that sometimes it's clear like having a nice voice, when a person sing, he can know that his voice is nice or not.. But in other things it's hard to discover that, so how could we know?!

"Me" for example, I didn't know that I am able to crochet cause believe it or not I had NEVER hold a needle and thread in my hand and more over I hated that! But look what I am doing now! Isn't that strange?!

Dear, I really need your answer about my questions so please write whatever came to your mind and WRITE IT SOOOOOOOOON! {-; :lol:

I am sorry about everything, be sure that I love you!

Best wishes,
Amal
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hi Kami,

How are you?

Thanks for your reply, in fact after reading yout post also I have thought about it a lot; Have I done that ever?! "fooling in a good way"?!...

Emm, well, I am not sure but I don't think so cause either I tell the truth or I "Hist?".

To say the truth, sometimes while dealing with people I try to fool myself just to know what they want and think about. And sometimes I just do that to get what I want. {-; "I am not sure that you get me but I hope so!"

I don't care if they thought that I am fool or naive but it's better than fooling them or doing bad things, isn't it?!

Dear, I agree with the white lies when they don't change anything, when saying the truth or the lie is the same and when it doesn't hurt people or fool them.

However, in general, I hate "lying" even if it was a "white lie" because I believe that a harmful truth is better than a fake lie and feelings.

I prefer to hide things or not saying the whole truth instead of saying white lies since whenever we start a lie we can't stop it or "recede?" it, that would put us in silly situations!

Emm, Oh my god, something have just come to my mind, what would you do if you intend to joke with someone but that person took it too seriously and thought that your action was "cruel or something" then it became a big deal?! Would you continue joking or would you just simply tell them the truth and that you were joking?

Uh, once, something like that happened to me and I really didn't know how to act, it put me in a really silly situation and caused a lot of troubles. :-(

Do you believe that we shouldn't joke with every person "even if they were our friends or something"? Should we know their internal personality first then play jokes on them? And do you think that there is a limit for fun or playing jokes on others?

Hope to read from you soon.

Best wishes,
Amal
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Next week this time!

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

How are you? I hope you are happy and healthy. I hope your life is filled with happiness and joy. Although I don't write as I used to do, I come here everyday and read the posts carefully. I really enjoy your stile of writing. You all write beautifully. Elham sounds like a poet in her posts. Amal sounds like a musician, with a great harmony in her posts, and Wael sounds like a very kind; golden-hearted person. Although kamelia doesn't write regularly, she sounds like a good teacher who plays with English words nicely. Mohsen is absent! He writes short posts as briefly as possible!

Many thanks for your friendship. I feel proud of you. Dear Wael, a special thank for your sweet words and good wishes.

Many things has happened to me, but I don't feel like to tell you them now. I will speak about them soon.

Next Friday this time, I am doing the English module of PhD exam. It is in the afternoon. It is said that the module includes 70 questions. By this time next Friday, I will have finished answering to professional modules such as Modern physics, Quantum Mechanics and Electrodynamics. I will also have finished answering to Educational Talents (Estedad Tahsili).

This week, I am going to stay at home and revise the subjects. The subjects cover all physical phenomena in the universe. The applied mathematics is really difficult. You cannot imagine how much difficult it is to answer a question in 2 minutes. I am absolutely sure that even question makers(designers, setters, planners, ..I don't know what should I call them!) cannot solve some questions in the considered time(2 minutes for each one)! For example, in the previous PhD exam, there was a question about radiation. At home,while fruits bowl, juice, and tea were all in front of me, and my wife was encouraging me, it took me more than an hour to solve it! How could I answer it in a real situation? You may say the answers give some hint, but you are absolutely wrong. The answers were similar, with little difference in their coefficients.

To be honest, one thing gives me some hope. When a question is difficult for me, it is the same for all rivals. However, its negative side shouldn't be denied. When a question seems difficult for a good student, it will seem difficult for a lazy student too. The result is the same. They both cannot answer to the question, so the question cannot separate the right person! In many cases, you know, lazy people are perfect and brave at taking risk. As a rule, wise people are not good at taking risk. Therefore, lazy students have more chance than hardworking ones to take risk and to answer the question by chance. This funny and rather silly event has happened in last year PhD exam. Some universities announced that the accepted students know nothing about Physics!

Anyway, please pray for me. Thank you.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Kami,

How are you honey? Please accept this big friendly KISS as a token of my apology for being late in replying to your post.

Oh thanks again for your kind suggestion on perfumes. I'll try all of them for sure, since my sweet Kami has smelled them; I wanna smell what she has smelled! :-D

Oh Kamiiii, sorry for introducing ridiculous topics. You know, I'm sometimes silly and say silly things! :-(

Butterflies and a collection of dried ones! Emmm, I had never thought of that actually. It's amusing for me to see such collections but I don't think I tend to have them myself! No I don't enjoy watching dead dried insects! I prefer to enjoy them alive in the nature. I love butterflies and I enjoy seeing different kinds of them. Oh they are angels from heaven flying in the earth's sky! Watching them flying over flowers is one of my pleasures. :-)

I do love to write more to you but at the present nothing else comes to my mind!

Best wishes,
Eli
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Kamelia,
I saved the information in my cell phone, never payed attention to the memo file in the cell phone , Unlike many people I don't play with my cell phone, I never send a Bluetooth so far ,not install the software of Telephone bank. I don't like to meet people who are playing with the cell phone, or put the headset into the ears.
listen to music 4 hours per day, So many channels, so little worth watching, sitting in front of the mirror non stop. How much is the life span, the walk of life have been changed. The corruption increased because money is not divided correctly, people who live high life and dog life both been corrupted; the poetry of survival is not made up of consolations. This is the present belles-lettres. Where are the aesthetic qualities? The values are faked , everyone should keep up with the joneses if he wants to survive

[Mohsen
It is Blue
]
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Harry up my friend, I am afraid of being dead ,because every person leaves a mark, good or bad, in the society he lives. We do not remember people by their names but by the imprints they leave on our memories. A politician is known for his political works, a reformer is known for the changes he brought for the betterment of the society, a sportsperson is known for his talent, medals and trophies, etc.

Hitler was known for the wars and the destruction he caused. We remember Mahatma Gandhi as a man of non-violence.
But when I die nobody remember me.

bye
mohsen

The great poet Saedi say . you do something ,before you lose your life ,when you are alive and you are able to do

Ay ke dastat miresad kari bekon
pish az aun kaz toe nayayad hich kar
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
helkady

Post by helkady »

Hi everyone , I'm so happy to communicate with you all, and share with you my thoughts in a loud voice.Do you know that this is the thired time to chat with any one during my whole life, first and second was in this great site.I'm Egyptian , married , have two babes , work in Insurance company.I like watching English movies but while I'm watching I'm reading the subtitle,this days I'm trying watching without reading subtitle , but do you know when I'm watching the movie if I find the movie is interesting I start reading the subtitle.

I have a big problem that I want to share with you all , I'm sure you will helpe me to solve by give me some valuable advice.I have been interesting of learning English for more than twenty years and still weak in writing , listening ,talking . I don't know what why . I'm depressed :-(

If anyone have some good advice please tell me because I want to be better .

Thank you for wasting your time

Wating to hear from you soon
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Oh Hi Helkady,

How are you?

Welcome to this thread, I am very happy that there is another Arab person here! By the way, I am Amal from Damascus, Syria. Oh you can't believe how much I love Egyptian people and love their accent, they are really very kind and helpful people..

I have some friends from Egypt and now I hope you will be among them. :)

My friend, you asked for an advice, although I am a learner just like you but I can tell you what helped me a lot and made me improve my English:

First of all, I started to lesson to some simple audio lessons called " Effortless English Lessons", the teacher is really great and his way of teaching is new, simple and funny.

I downloaded all the lessons to my cell phone and started to hear them whenever I had free time..
-You can look for the lessons on Google-

After that, I started to feel more confidence so I tried to make some friendships with foreign people and chatted with them in English. In fact, that helped me alot with improving my spelling. Above that, I can't forget that I'd made some great friendships..

Moreover, I can't deny that this thread is the main factor which make me stay in touch with the English language because I feel here that this is my home and no matter how far my distance was, I have to return to it. My heart is with my friends here, We are like a family!

So if you were busy and don't have time to chat or to listen to English, writing here is the best way cause you are always welcomed, whenever you want and you can speak about whatever you want..

Oh, I love movies too and of course most of the time I read the subtitle but you know, in the last period I changed, something forced me to just listen cause I was watching a looooooong series then suddenly it had displayed on the TV but I really wanted to know its end so I just went to the net and saw episodes but guess what :!!: They were without translation!! :!!: Oh my god! :~: In the beginning it was a little bit hard for me to follow them but after some time, I used to it and started to get what they were talking about. Of course, there were some hard words for me but it was good and I amazed that I could understand them! Wow! {-:

So forget all learning method and just do like me and watch a long series {-; that will help you the most. Hehe :lol: -just kidding-

Emm, I know that my post isn't that helpful for you but it was just to say welcome and let you enjoy your time, dear, don't be depressed, I am sure you will be good in English, you just need to enjoy learning it and have some patience!

Hope to read more from you.

Best wishes,
Amal
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

WELCOME!

Post by behnam »

Hi Helkady,

Hello and a very warm and friendly welcome to this thread. Thank you very much for joining us. I am Behnam(male) from Iran, married and have got two babies. They are twins and boys. You can find some other information about my on the first page of this thread.

In replying to your request; asking for some advice on improving English skills such as listening, speaking, reading and writing, my dear and kind friend Amal has written her own successful experience which is very useful. I am also writing my own experience. I am not advising you, sine your English is excellent and you don't need any advice actually. What you need is an effective method.

First of all, you should be determined to make progress in English skills. Determination, motivation, love, etc. whatever you call it, is the first step. As your post implies, you have got sufficient motivation. In this step, what you must do is keeping yourself always motivated. This is essentially important for learners to keep themselves determined and motivated all the time. Not only in learning a new language, but also in all aspects of life, when a goal is set, a plan is needed to achieve the goal, and it is necessary to keep the plan!

The second point is knowing the process of learning. When it comes to learning a language, our brain works like an electrical circuit. In a circuit, there are input, processing, and output. In languages learning, listening is input, speaking is output! If you want to speak well, you should(must) listen well. If you want to write well, you should(must) read well. In other words, Attentive listening and careful reading lead to fluent speaking and effective writing respectively.

The third point is being precise and caring about accuracy all the time. In some terms, learning a language is similar to building a house. From the basic foundation stone, it is vitally important to be careful with the principals. For instance, using right materials with enough strength and quality, in particular, putting the bricks on each other rightly. Otherwise the building will be like the Tower of Pisa in Italy! When using a word, we must know the proper prepositions, adjectives, verbs, etc. which go with that word, the common collocations(the words which often are used together such as 'make a mistake', 'do homework', 'do exercise', 'up and down', 'Commit a crime' etc.). We must also know the correct structures. Therefore, the grammar is vitally important in writing skill. For this purpose, I strongly suggest using an English-To-English dictionary. Never use English-To-Arabic dictionary! I do recommend 'Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English' to you and to all learners. In addition to that, you should study 'Grammar in use', and 'Collocations in use'. Both are useful. I've got their PDF files. I can send them and some other useful ebooks to you if you give me your email address.

The fifth point is exposing yourself to the English language. This means being involved in it all the time; living with it; taking every opportunity to develop English skills. Chatting in English can be very useful.

The sixth point is simplicity. Be as simple as possible! When you write a sentence, read it again and ask yourself whether there is another word or easier structure to make it look a little simple. I personally do believe in plain English.

Those rules may look difficult for you, but don't worry, little by little they will become habits.

If you need further explanation just let me know. I hope this helps!

All the best,
Behnam, 6 March, 2013

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
davies

Post by davies »

Learning together was really a good idea.In Finland country i seen a valmennuskeskus or training center and different kind of courses and i remember learning with other people and find new friends.Well lets learn together with this.
helkady

Post by helkady »

:-P
Hi my Dearest friends Amal and Behnam!

You can't imagine how I'm feeling right now , I'm so delightful that you replied to me. when I started writing here I thought that nobody will reply , but I Put in my mind that if nobody reply to me I'll keep writing , maybe I'll write about my thoughts in words ,so thank you both very much {-:

Dear my friend Amal
Your message is very kind and worm , I want to ask you about you and your family are you ok??

I know that you have a very bad situation in your country because you have some kind of war , my heart with you, hope you and your family are safe, take care of yourself {-:

When I'm watching what is happening in your country I feel very sad :-( because I were in Damascus in the year 2001 I was living at Elsham hotel in a business trip,your country is realy beautiful you people are very kind ,beautiful and helpful ,I spend there a memorable week I was so happy there although I was alone. Hope your country get well soon :-)

Thak you for sharing me your experience about how do you start learning English , it really helped me a lot .

Dear my friend Behnam

Thank you very much for your advices , I read your first message it was on Friday January 13 , 2012, I know I will benefit from you {-: as you are a teacher , from your writing I know you are a very good teacher ,patient , love to teach,and I admire you because when nobody answered you you kept writing .

Dears Amal and Behnam

I want to write to you more but do you know that this message took more than three hours to write :!!:
Do you think I will become better in writing ??
we will see .

Thank you again

See you soon {-:
grincas

Post by grincas »

hi dear friends, I hope that you all fine.As you know I m the new member of this thread.Unfortunately I couldn t send any messages for a long time,I have just sent a messages but it hasn t been seen in here.I don t know what s the matter?Anyway,I want to give short information about me. I graduated from English Language Department.I studied in Cyprus.Then, because of some health problems I couldn t have applied my job until now.I mean four years passed after my graduations:( Nowadays,I m studying on an exam which gives me opportunity to be a teacher in a government school,so I hope I will be in a place which I deserve
Next time I will give short and interesting information about my city What a fabulous city where I live! By the way I live in Turkey:)
See you next time
Note:waiting your reply :)waiting your hello:)
Best wishes Grincas