Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Alberix

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Alberix »

Hi Behnam!

Thank you for compliments about my English. But wait! It's not so good. Writing is easier than speaking. I need practise both. I'd like to have conversations with you and/or others also about other themes. Not necessary about my field. It's important to speak and to talk for me!!!

See you the next!

Alberto
Alberix

Post by Alberix »

Hi Mohsen!

You're right. Surely, here in Italy, but also in other countries, nepotism, favoritism and so on prevent to work. Anyway, I go ahead! Charly Chaplin was one of the most famous actor in the world. I like Al Pacino very much. People sometimes tell me I look like him. And I answer them: "Yes, that true! Expecially in the bank account!!!"

Have a good day!
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hello Alberto

Comparing my life to the life of actor ,singer or a football players , I see that how perfect their homes and cars and how their lives filled with wonderful moments
They travel to many places, many countries , also they have a lot of people who are fan
A singer who God created him with a good voice , so he sing s and gain a lot of money , it is called Job!!!,? He didn’t bear any hardship in his life
A football player play football and call it JOB , he just enjoy playing with his friend in a green field..

An actor has a little hardship {-; ,because he should repeat some parts in sections of a movie or using make-up , but he enjoys his job.

But I do a lot of different boring job and gain paltry sum.

In societies when a someone with a lot of knowledge, master in university, ,dies nothing happen ,but when someone dies , people know it , by TV ,newspapers , who is he , a pianist , a violinist !!!!

In the cemetery, there is special field for artists , singer , player , but Doctors are buried between common people.

Bye mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

optimize our life

Post by Mohsen »

Hello friends

Smartphone can help us to optimize our life . there are many bulletin boards on my way ,and I want to note the news from the boards , I just take a photo by my smartphone and read t on time and When I ask someone the address , I note it in my smatphone , That is the paperless and penless.

BYE
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Alberix

Post by Alberix »

Hi Mohsen!

Are you doing? As I told me and I understood, you are a doctor, aren't you? Well, I think the doctor is one of the most important, fascinating and beautiful job someone can do. I wanted to become a doctor, a surgeon as my father was. But I changed my mind and surely my life. To be an actor is wonderfull, even is very difficult, I repeat, to have possibility to work and earn money if you have not aids. But it's not so important and fundamental having special field in a cemetery or being remebered when you die by newspapers, TV or else. Believe me and be proud of you and your job!

Alberto
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Alberto,

People have different lifestyle ,the values in each society is different , In Iran people have different lifestyle , each cities have different life style , People in Esfahan( My city ) are called thrifty ,they manage how to spend their money perfectly , but this is a motto , may be people of my city were thrifty in the past ,but now no ,this label stuck on their forehead for ever .

In the past they never purchase something unless it is necessary . when they wanted to purchase they were looking for great sale , many people used to buy by coupons. Even buying in bulk it would be cheaper and many people did it , and many people had two jobs, they had a side work like a dealer , buy cars and sell , buy house and sell .

At present many people never use the reheating food , they throw away the foods and never heat it again

The life for my ducks became sweeter :lol: :lol:
What is the label of people lifestyle or behavior in each city of Italy?

Bye
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Alberix

Post by Alberix »

Cahotic!!!

Hi Mohsen!

How are you? I'm in a hurry, now. I'm gonna explaining you what I meant with cahotic, about your question.
Sorry, at the moment!

Alberto
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Cahotic!!!

Post by Mohsen »

Hi ,
If you reach to shore, let me know your answer is yes or no
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

The words of my heart

Post by Mohsen »

The stumbling frustrated me , I want to try another way , never submit myself to situation .
Surly at this holy night I can get an approval , my chest getting out
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

My mouth is a bit dry , a little sake in my leg , a restless feeling , I should prepare a report for tomorrow, my thoughts are becoming jumbled .
I came here to write something ,may it creates some order in my mind :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
ghaithadil

Post by ghaithadil »

hi everybody
i am from morocco and i am here to learn english
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Not a post since October! Where are you friends? Where are you esl fiends?! :!!:

reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Hello Alberto!

I'm Andrew. Nice to meet you here in LLT
I've not been here for long time. It would be great if you reply

Andrew

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hey, boy, is it true that the sun doesn’t appear in St. Petersburg?

How long has it been raining?
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Raining?! Don't make me laugh! We've got a very early winter: first snowfall (and heavy!) started in the end of October. Today is -10 C. Sunny days don't happen often here, but we're used to it.

It's very nice to see you Mohsen! How are?
As I see, the thread looks not too much overcrowded theese days. Someone gets busy, other one loses interest - I can understand it. Anyway, it is a frustration - Let's learn together has ever been one of the liveliest places on any language forum.
Thank to you and Alberto (and Behnam of course, I hope to see him here too) it's still alive!
As to me - I'm badly busy now: have to do some extra job.
Nevertheless, I'll try to drop in here whenever I can

Hope to hear from you soon,
yours,

Andrew

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi

We keep the sun in our sky , and never let the clouds disturb it , 3 days ago the furious clouds attacked to our sky and block the sun ,it poured for a day , but sun was successed to expel it soon . now sun is smiling over the city.

Dear Andrew, you are right all people are badly busy, even when my eyes sleep at night, my brain work
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Good for you Mohsen! My brain has already died and is decaying now. So, when I sleep I just sleep,
and when I'm awake I work in a zombie way. }:

:~:
Well, I'm lying. :-?
Actually, I'm busy with a work I like: eventually I've got a big contract as an arranger (music arranger of course),
and I'm in with this job since November, 2015! (and the end will never come)

pray for me!

Andrew
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Happy birthday of Prophet Mohammad( PBUH) to all Muslims

The Unity Week is the week of boosting brotherhood bonds by all Muslims and we should declare the unity of all Muslims to the world

http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/409060/ ... nces-Sunni
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Happy Birthday Jesus

Post by Mohsen »

Happy Birthday Jesus to all people of the world

In Isfahan there no snow ,papa Noel is praying

Dear Andrew, Happy Christmas to you

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

A part of Jeuse birth story in Quarn ( The holy book of Muslims)

The Good news of a new-born child

(And mention) when the angels said, ‘O Mary, indeed God gives you the good news of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and in the Hereafter, and of those who are near to God.’ ‘He will speak to the people in the cradle, and in old age, and he will be of the righteous.’ She said, ‘My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me.’ He said, ‘So (it will be,) for God creates what He wants. When He decides something, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is. And He will teach him the Book and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel. And (will make him) a messenger to the Children of Israel (saying), ‘Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by the permission of God. And I heal the blind and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by the permission of God. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Surely, there is a sign for you in that, if you are believers. And (I have come) confirming the Torah that was (revealed) before me, and to allow you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a proof from your Lord, so fear God and obey me. Indeed, God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. This is the straight path.” (Quran 3:45-51)

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
SongAn

Post by SongAn »

One of the important to be able to use fluent english is listening carefully. You should listen each sentence repeat and repeat again, listen and rewrite each sentence on paper and check the result with transcript. I would like to share with you one app on google play named Listen and Repeat Sentences that will automatically detect each sentence and allow us to setup pausing time between sentences, setup the repetition number of each sentence, setup the number of repeated sentences. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hq.lars
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I am still alive!

Post by behnam »

Hi dears

This is just to let you know I've missed you and I'm still alive. :-) How are you doing? How is your life? Anything new? I hope this year is going to be a good year to you and to your beloved people. I am busy with some tasks. I may find some free time to be active here again. LOL Good old days!

All the best,
Behnam, ( January, 2017
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
ahanawillson

Post by ahanawillson »

Divina wrote:You said: "When someone's freedom causes troubles to someone else, it is not freedom. It is a threat! That's why we need to have laws and rules in our societies. Having laws isn't enough. We must obey them no matter we belong to the rich and famous or to the poor."

Here important rich people get arrested and goes to Texas online dui like everybody else.

With criminal records
http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/c ... .bfwO16yyX
Hi
All states have some type of ignition interlock program, in which judges require all or some convicted drunk drivers to install interlocks in their cars to disable the engine if alcohol is detected on their breath. 22 states (and 4 California counties) have made ignition interlocks mandatory or highly incentivized for all convicted drunk drivers, even first-time offenders. An additional 3 states mandate interlocks for high BACs, 8 states require them for repeat offenders; and 9 states for both high BAC and repeat offenders. The remaining 8 states and D.C. make interlocks discretionary.
We defer to our State Highway Safety Office members' interpretation of the law. Some groups may have a higher count.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

[img=http://i12.pixs.ru/storage/5/0/4/IMG000 ... 823504.jpg]
Thank you Mohsen old boy!

Our Christmas tree gets small! But the cat still loves playing with it. Unfortunately, I still can't make good photos :~:
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Hi dears

This is just to let you know I've missed you and I'm still alive. :-) How are you doing? How is your life? Anything new? I hope this year is going to be a good year to you and to your beloved people. I am busy with some tasks. I may find some free time to be active here again. LOL Good old days!

All the best,
Behnam, ( January, 2017)
Deers cry out loudly, remembering good old days!
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Please don't let me make a big fuzz all over the place! What is the weather in Tehran? :cry:
jeyhun

Post by jeyhun »

We recently launched new website particularly built for improving spelling and comprehension.

We would be very interested to get a feedback from ESL students, how easy to use is our website and perceived value of our exercises.

Please check the link below:

https://spellquiz.com/dictation/grade-1

The key value of this website:

verified content that was written by teachers in USA and Canada
excellent audio recorded by professionals in USA and Canada
the only application, which captures the progress of the student and can exactly state, how many words the user knows - provides confirmation on how big is the vocabulary of the student
It builds listening, spelling, typing and comprehension skills of the students
It is free to start and you do not need a credit card to see it in action!

We will be happy to hear any feedback!
Thanks in advance!
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

reindeer wrote:Please don't let me make a big fuzz all over the place! What is the weather in Tehran? :cry:
Hi dear,

How are you doing? How is your family, your daughter? How about music? I hope you are doing good. The weather in Tehran is sunny and nice now. We are on the last days of our year. We are getting ready for celebrating the New Year! You may know that our new years start in springs on 20th of March in your calendars. I am at home now. I and my wife are going to buy some fruits. New Years are good for children and women. For men, I think it is money wasting and killing time.

Hey Andrew, I intend to write more and to make the forum active again. Please drop by here from time to time and let's be active as before. By the way, we used to play chess on a site. Drop me the link please.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2017
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
jeyhun

Post by jeyhun »

Happy Novruz!
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

reindeer wrote:
Hi dears

All the best,
Behnam, ( January, 2017)
Deers cry out loudly, remembering good old days!
Yes dear! Let's cry out loudly, remembering good old days! I really feel nostalgic about the old days. From December 2007 to January 2012 on English-at-home we had wonderful moments! Oh my Gosh! Those days are not repeatable. Why? We are not the same people. I think days can be the same, but human beings change. I am Behnam, "I" is the same, but many things have changed in me! Let's not make it so philosophical. Many Decembers come and go, but human beings go. Actually, focusing more closely we notice time doesn't fly, human beings fly!

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2017
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

jeyhun wrote:Happy Novruz!
Hi Jeyhun,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing great. Thank you very much for your message. Where are you from dear? Thank you very much for visiting this forum and leaving comments on it. I hope to read and then to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2017
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Mohsen wrote:A part of Jeuse birth story in Quarn ( The holy book of Muslims)

The Good news of a new-born child
Hi Mohsen dear,

How are you man? How is everything with you? I hope you are doing well. How is your life and family? Are you a father now? I hope so. Dear Mohsen, let's reactivate the forum. I am sure you will help me with making "Let's Learn Together!" active. Let's continue creating happy moments and sweet memories.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2017
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Where are my friends?

Post by behnam »

Hi,

Can anybody give me some pieces of news about my old friends? Where is Marina the great? Where is Elham the kind? Where is Amal the loyal? Where is Veronica the tolerant? Where is Setareh the bright? Where is Zivar the beautiful? Where is Kamelia the nice? Where is....? Where is....? You are always in my thoughts. I wish you lasting happiness and great success in your life. I hope you are happy and healthy wherever you are.

I have missed you terribly!

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2017
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Does anybody read this message?

Post by behnam »

Hi,

Does anybody see this message? I want to check if this forum is active or dead. Please let me know if you are reading this post. Reply me even though with a simple 'hi"!

All the best,
Behnam, 19 March, 2017
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Helloooooo Behnam Jan

Eli's here. Elham the kind...thanksss for your nice choice ...kind so suits Eli {-; {-: {-:

It's a very beautiful morning....a rainy morning...morning of the last day of the year....I'm sure this year is going to be a fantastic year full of wonderful happenings. Full of happiness, full of energy, full of prosperity, full of love, full of smile, full of dance and full of peace ......

I wish such a lovely year for every one. For you for all of our friends for all the people.

Love you my dear friend....

Best wishes,
Eli
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Elhammmmmmmmmmmm!

Post by behnam »

Elham wrote:Helloooooo Behnam Jan

Eli's here. Elham the kind...thanksss for your nice choice ...kind so suits Eli {-; {-: {-:

It's a very beautiful morning....a rainy morning...morning of the last day of the year....I'm sure this year is going to be a fantastic year full of wonderful happenings. Full of happiness, full of energy, full of prosperity, full of love, full of smile, full of dance and full of peace ......

I wish such a lovely year for every one. For you for all of our friends for all the people.

Love you my dear friend....

Best wishes,
    Eli
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Elham,

Oh dear! My heart beats quickly now. How are you? I've missed you. Thank you very much for putting comments. You are still singing beautifully. God less you beautiful bird!

I hope 1396 will bring you all the things you have mentioned and all you wishes&dreams!

Love,
    All the best,
    Behnam, 20 March, 2017
    ارادتمند شما
    *B.Younessi *
    behnam
    Top Contributor
    Top Contributor

Happy New Year!

Post by behnam »

Happy New Year to all Iranians and people who celebrate the first day of spring!

I hope this year will bring you lasting happiness, great success, and consistent prosperity.

All the best,
    Behnam, 20 March, 2017
    ارادتمند شما
    *B.Younessi *
    Mohsen
    Top Contributor
    Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Happy New year to you,
    Today is the end of new year holiday , 12 days passed , today is the day of 13th , it is called the Nature day , people go out from the house and enjoy their time in the nature .
    Today I want to stay at home and go to sleep from morning to night , during the last 12 days , I didn’t go to sleep well , travel , parties, wedding ceremony killed me ,now I am dying for sleep.
    My shoes was a little tight also my clothes , everybody told me how much I seemed thin. At the first days of new year my clothes was not tight , but at the end of holiday I can’t button my pants.
    The magical new year holiday
    Wish the best for all of you
    Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
    behnam
    Top Contributor
    Top Contributor

Boys should cry when they are sad!

Post by behnam »

Hi dears,

It is a wrong thing to teach boys not to cry by saying 'boys mustn't cry'! Due to this false belief, boys often feel ashamed of crying. Besides that, many parents hug their girls much more than their boys. As a result, boys are emotionally more fragile than girls. They like to be touched and hugged like their sisters. But, due to bad upbringings and mistaken beliefs boys do not get what they need as a human being in their childhood. We have to know that boys and girls are human beings. They both feel happiness and sadness. There are normal reactions to each one. For example, crying is a normal reaction to the pressure of sadness. Crying is a basic need for humanity. We should not ignore boys' right of crying. Plus, happiness and sadness are linked together. They have got the same root. If someone cannot become sad, he cannot become happy as well. Crying is a normal reaction to high pressure of sadness on the spirit. It is necessary in some conditions. By the way, if someone cannot cry, he cannot laugh as well.

How do you think in this regard?

All the best,
    Behnam, 3 April, 2017
    ارادتمند شما
    *B.Younessi *
    reindeer
    Rising Star
    Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

A very unusual spring we've got this year. No, it was ok up to Thursday. On Thursday, heavy snowfall had been falling all day through upon the sity and, consequently, upon the head of me. Now tell me, is it right?! In the middle of April winter came back!
    I believe, they sky plumbers got drunk again, poor bastards.
    At least, it's sunny
    All who have better weather than just -6, sunny, accept my congratulations!

And yes, boys should cry. I'd arrange some 'Boy's crying club' in the city for whose of them little devils who really need it
    And a birch procedure for those who can't do it voluntarily
    myocean

Post by myocean »

For me one of the most important problem is distracting.
    When I want to study, my mind go after many destructive thoughts.

I try to focus on the subject but my mind disobey. Finally I dismiss the study.

Is there anyone who can help me?
    }:
    reindeer
    Rising Star
    Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

myocean wrote:For me one of the most important problem is distracting.

}:

I have a minor problem as well - can't take double C while playing a trumpet. I fancy if you could help me with this. I, in turn will teach you how to deal with your mind. Deal? Wink if it is ;-)
    behnam
    Top Contributor
    Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi,

A big kiss to all friends!

All the best,
    Behnam, 23 May, 2017
    ارادتمند شما
    *B.Younessi *
    Mohsen
    Top Contributor
    Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

myocean wrote:For me one of the most important problem is distracting.

}:

Write a some of alarm notes on the paper and put them on the wall “ My mind never be distracted”
    When the you look at the paper , your mind focus on the study well , try this way you see the consequence
    Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
    Mohsen
    Top Contributor
    Top Contributor

Don’t be modest when your pen is in danger

Post by Mohsen »

I always lose my pen when I need it to write. I was talking by mobile and needed to note something , I said just a moment please ,walking everywhere to find a pen ,looked at the table ,beside the phone , beside the TV , on the kitchen ……….no pen …so I said I call you beck later.
    Last time I bought a batch of pen. Put two pen on my desk , two beside the phone ,two pen beside the sofa on the mirror edge , two in the kitchen , two in the bedroom , two in the toilet beside the toothbrush and two pen in my packet . I am sure nothing I can’t miss anything now. Now I am armed to teeth by pen.
    Yesterday , I was in a bank with my boss , He wanted to note an address , he open his briefcase and couldn’t find a pen ,looked at my pocket ,the head of two pens where shinning , I gave him a pen ,he took a note and put my pen in his briefcase.. my God ,what a scatterbrain is my boss.
    I told him “ Sir I think you made a mistake in writing the address, let me check it, He opened his briefcase , I checked the address he had written on the paper “ I told him , yeah the address is correct , I put the paper in his briefcase and took my pen”
    Don’t be modest when your pen is in danger
    Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
    behnam
    Top Contributor
    Top Contributor

Hi friends!

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. On Tuesday evening, 11th of July, I was going to Tabriz by train. I was lucky this time, since I had a chance to meet Roel, a tourist from Belgium. We shared the same room on the train, so we had a lot of time to speak with each other. He could speak, French, English, Dutch, Arabic, and maybe a little bit Persian. I am learning French. Therefore, I had a golden opportunity to practice French with him, and I did. I really enjoyed speaking with him about many topics. He was a nice man. He was married and had 3 kids. He showed me the photo of his sons. His job was related to immigration, mainly offering help to immigrants.

He was visiting Iran. He was interested in our country. He was an educated man, full of great thoughts. I found him intelligent and thoughtful.

I gave him the address of this place. He promised to visit here and put message. I am sure he will keep his promise.

How are you my dear friends? I am learning French. I love it. I am connected to this forum. I promise to be here, with you forever. I was busy in last 4 years. But, little by little I am going to have enough time to spend here on putting messages.

Hope to here from you soon!

All the best,
    Behnam, 13 July, 2017

ارادتمند شما
    *B.Younessi *
    angelanave

Post by angelanave »

thanks
    robertorbrt

Post by robertorbrt »

Hello everyone! I'm Roberto from Brazil. I'd like to learn English with you guys. I've been working on my listening and reading skills for a long time, but I think I don't pay enough attention to writting or speaking. I'm trying fix it.

behnam, I think it's really cool who can speak more than 2 languages. I admired Pope John Paul II when I was young because he could speak many languages. I want to learn Spanish after I get a good proeficiency in English. Portuguese (my language) and Spanish are very close languages.
    Nataly

Post by Nataly »

Which expression is correct:
    - What does it mean?
    or
    - What it means?

... or another one?
    MoMo

Post by MoMo »

This forum is so helpful.