Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Hurieh,

Although I have come back on Thursday ,but I was behind of many jobs to do ,every day I had to stay overtime in my office to make up my jobs which was fallen behind, my free time on Friday was covered with reception of some guests in my home. My sister who had come to Isfahan to visit the new infant of my other sister , came to my house on Friday , to visit Mashhady Mohsen, My sister family were four people and on Friday we were together from morning to the evening. Talking about everything and watching some old family photos ,then we go out together to visit some old places in the city. It was 3 PM that we came back for the lunch ,which I had ordered to a restaurant , One the Places that we visited and also said our noon prayer there was Imam Ali(AS) Mosque, it is famous in Isfahan because of the second tallest minaret

It is a historical minaret in Isfahan,This minaret is the oldest minaret in Isfahan, which dates back to the 11th century. This minaret is 48 metres (157 ft) in height and is the second highest historical minaret in Isfahan after the Sarban minaret. It is said that this minaret was originally 50 metres (160 ft), but its height has been decreased 2 metres in the course of time. There are four inscriptions on the Ali minaret. One of the inscriptions is made of brick and the others are made of ceramic.

The the picture of minaret I took

Many thanks for sharing your idea about losing weight.also your nice story of Dr.Mohsen which made me to laugh so much :lol: :lol:
I envy your strong body and your energetic climbing, I wish I had such a body to be agile like a deer running in the mountain. May God grant my wishes
Your digestive system should me more powerful than mine ,but you limit yourself to eat special foots , you have been determined to be on diet , that’s good , I have made decision to be on diet some times ,but I always I failed it. Now I have promised to my wife that after finishing the season of melon , I start my diet , at present I eat one melon per day , apricot is not on shops table ,but there are many type of peaches and I can’t stand eating only one or two per day.

Isfahan was famous for the melon ( Gorgab melon) , but because of drought and less rain the Gorgab Area has very little melon .

Picture of Gorgan melon

Of course there are many type of melons , I like all of them The Garmsar melon is so much sweet , juicy and crisp , the inside color is yellow , green and orange .

I hope to start my diet soon

All the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
mortaza

M E L O N

Post by mortaza »

Hi Mohsen,

Melon is one of my favorite fruits. Right now I have, beside me, some pieces of a very sweet melon. I am eating melon and writing to you at the same time :D.

I think every part, every province, in our beautiful country has its own kind of melon. The Mashadi melon is famous, at least in eastern and northern part of Iran. Mashadi melon does not come from Mashad exactly. They are grown in its neighborhood areas such as Neyshaboor or Torbat-e-Jam!

A story on Mashadi melon:

One day, when I was a student at Sharif University, in Tehran, I was at dormitory doing something I don't exactly remember, maybe studying!! Suddenly, I heard a load voice. The voice belonged to a salesman (a hawker) who was talking on a loudspeaker. He was selling melon. He claimed that he had great sweet melons from Mashad. The funny thing about the salesman was his slogan: he said that his melons had been irrigated by a special water: a water whose source was GONBAD TALA IMAM REZA!!

Thanks for reading.

All the best,
Mortaza
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Rainbow!

Post by behnam »

Dear friends,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for showing interest in knowing more about rainbow. We all look at it, but the majority of us don't see it. Looking at something is different from knowing it. For example, we look at a painting, but we may not know it(see it).

For knowing rainbow and seeing it, it is essentially important to know the answers of the following questions:

1) What is(are) the main physical phenomenon(phenomena) which occur in a rainbow?
2) What are the sequence of colours in a rainbow and why?
3) Why is it dark outside of a rainbow and bright white inside it?
4) How much is the radius of a rainbow?
5) why is it part of a circle?
6) How much is the width of each colour in a rainbow?
7) At what time of day we can see a rainbow?
8) Is there another rainbow in the sky, when we see a rainbow?
9) Where is it?
10) How about the colour sequence, radius, and width of the second rainbow?
11) Are the bows polarized?
12) What is the direction of polarization?
13) Is it possible to see a rainbow from an airplane?
14) If the answer is yes, how is it?
15) Is it possible to make an artificial rainbow? How?

Please think about the answers of those questions. How many of them can you answer? I will write something about them after reading your answers.

I am looking forward to reading your answers.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 August, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Hurieh »

Mashhady Mohsen, Hi

Welcome back. God accept your pilgrimage. No need to ask you whether you enjoyed your trip to the holy city of Mashhad. Everyone likes to visit the king of hearts and to spend some time in his peace-loving holy shrine. I just say: “Good for you.”

Thank you very much for your explanations about the historical mosque of Imam Ali (PBUH) and the attached photo. I wonder how the architects were able to make such outstanding buildings in past while they didn’t have today’s facilities. Isfahan had famous skillful architects whose works made this city a great place for sightseeing and tourism. The great historical buildings, monuments, and sights in Isfahan display the spectacular mixture of art and architecture, and brag about the old history of this nice city and skills of the architects.

Well…What I like the most about old mosques is the gateway of them. They are mostly high with beautiful colorful tiles that are placed next to each other skillfully. The proper choice of colors in tiles and the great harmony of them make people feel peace and tranquility.

This week I visited a historical building in Yazd. Two friends of mine (my old classmates) asked me to join them in a small mosque in which a particular ceremony was being held for Imam Reza (PBUH). The mosque is located in the neighborhood of Jame mosque and is a monumental place for some famous Sadat in Yazd. After doing the recommended rituals of the mosque which was too long somehow (reading chapter of Kosar for 1001 times which took me for about 3 hours), we left there and visited Jame mosque. I’d already visited Jame mosque once. Have you ever been there? Many tourists come and visit the mosque. The gateway of Jame mosque is about 52 meters high and so beautiful. We took some rest, had something as breakfast, and talked with each other before leaving the mosque. There are many stores across the road that leads to the main street and sell the souvenirs of Yazd. The weather was brutally hot and we had to leave each other so soon. I asked them to get together in a beautiful park in the province of Taft next Monday.

Mohsen wrote:

I have made decision to be on diet some times ,but I always I failed it. Now I have promised to my wife that after finishing the season of melon , I start my diet , at present I eat one melon per day , apricot is not on shops table ,but there are many type of peaches and I can’t stand eating only one or two per day.

Dear Mohsen, after reading this part of your post I told myself: “Poor Mohsen! He is really innocent. As far as I'm concerned, his wife should blame the fruits which are tempting and tasty not poor Mohsen--or perhaps the salespersons who sell these juicy fruits, or even the farmers who produce such delicious fruits, or … “ heheheeee
Anyway, stay happy and fine.

Regards,
Hurieh
Aug 27th/ 2015
Last edited by Hurieh on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Rainbow!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Behnam, Hi

It’s really amazing to know there are these many secrets behind the rainbow that each reveals some secrets behind this natural phenomenon. Several Chapters of a book can be dedicated to this subject. The idea of asking some questions to see what we know about this phenomenon was great. It apparently shows you are a great professor who knows how to start a topic. Your questions made me think about mysteries behind the rainbow for a while.

The majority of your questions seem unfamiliar to me. I have little information about the rainbow. I’m not sure if my understanding out of this phenomenon is true; however, I’d like to share my personal understanding and information with you and our friends as follow:

I compare the mechanism of rainbow with what I was already taught about prism in our physics class. After rain, the small drops of water in the air may act like a prism which reflect the rays of sun in a spectrum of different colors. As far as I remember, each color has its wavelength that may explain the order of colors in the prism. However, I don’t know anything about the width and sequence of each color and the scientific explanations behind them. And I guess at noon in which the sun makes a vertical line with the earth, we can’t see the rainbow-- or perhaps the angle at which we look at it is important. And finally, we can see the rainbow in some places which small drops of water are floating in the air such as waterfall.

Thanks for your nice topic. Look forward to your explanations over this nice mysterious phenomenon.

Regards,
Hurieh
Aug 27th/ 2015
mortaza

Post by mortaza »

Dear Hurieh,

Thank you very much for your beautiful post to me. Your writings enjoy a rich vocabulary and I should confess that I frequently need to refer to a dictionary while reading your posts.

Swimming, my favorite sport. Let me start by giving some tips on swimming. (This is men's habit that always try to give some tips! forgive me!) If you want to really enjoy swimming it is crucially important to make friend with water. You and water must be friends. When you jump into water you should feel like you and water hug each other!! This cannot happen unless you learn how to breath.

People are afraid of water mostly because they don't know how to breath. At the first place, they just want to breath. This may cause them to struggle which makes the situation even worse!

So, if you want to start over learning swimming and forget that bitter memory, this is my tip: FIRST LEARN HOW TO BREATH IN WATER!!

Playing Badminton is also very pleasant and refreshing. It requires being nimble, agile and fast. It also requires having strong feet and strong wrist. So, good for you if you can keep a regular program on playing Badminton.

By the way, the photo you shared on your post is so funny. I laughed and laughed a lot. Thank you.

Next time, I try to write about the other topics.

Thanks for reading.

All the best,
Mortaza
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Melon properties

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Mortaza,

I am so glad to know that melon is your favorite fruits , we have something in common. :-D
We have Mashadi melon in Isfahan, but it is consider in 3th level comparing its quality with Gogab and Garmsar melon , The Garmsar melon comes from Semnan , I wonder why you prefer to it Mashadi melon , does the story of that salesman effected on your taste, God save us from naughty salesmen :-D :-D

It is said that there are many properties in melon ,specialy it is useful for kidney stone and prostate gland, if it is eaten with its skin ,it prevent the gland to become bigger, there are much properties in the melon seed , I keep the melon seed , dry it and eat it.

It is considered a very flavorsome fruit, fairly satisfying and quite thirst-quenching, thanks to its high water content. This, in turn, also means it can help to prevent dehydration and it is often served after lunch , which is a very enjoyable, low calorie starter. It can also be eaten cut up, with some yoghurt, which makes for a very good snack for those who are watching their weight. Melon is slightly laxative but it is also refreshing and good for those who suffer from anaemia, as it is rich in iron. It is also full of vitamins Aand C and is recommended for those who are lacking these vitamins. Vitamin A, in the form of beta-carotene, stops the formation of free radicals, which are responsible for aging of the skin cells and stretch-marks. Vitamin B is also present in this fruit which, as well as being a toner, can help to recharge our moods and work against ‘emotional’ eating. Vitamin B can also improve our vision and it reinforces bones and teeth.

Melons also have diuretic, purifying and laxative properties and are recommended for those suffering from constipation, haemorrhoids and rheumatic pains. The presence of calcium,phosphorus, magnesium and potassium means melon is a good, natural supplement and is especially beneficial during hot periods: just one slice is enough to improve and ‘wake up’ lethargic intestines (which suffer in high temperatures) and stop feeling bloated. The anti-inflammatory, diuretic and fluidifying (for the blood) properties are therefore very beneficial for the body and the water and fibre that melons provide refresh the digestive system and improve circulation by removing excess cholesterol and triglycerides. Lastly, melon pulp, in the form of a paste, can even be used to treat injuries and burns.
It is enough , I made a lot of Ads for melon , I afraid of price to be doubled from tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
mortaza

Rainbow!

Post by mortaza »

Hi Behnam,

As dear Hurieh says, your way of starting discussion (asking some questions) on rainbow is great. This makes the target audience think about the subject and become more interested on that subject. It is not important if questions are answered correctly, what is important is that they are just answered by the audience. Am I right?!

So I try to answer some of them to the best of my knowledge.

1) What is(are) the main physical phenomenon(phenomena) which occur in a rainbow?

My answer: The main physical phenomenon in a rainbow is that, in different environments, light travels at different speeds.

2) What are the sequence of colours in a rainbow and why?

My answer: I'm not sure if I truly understand this question. If, by sequence of colours, you mean number of colours, I should say that colours are not discrete (separated). I mean, colours change continuously from one side of the spectrum to the other side.

3) Why is it dark outside of a rainbow and bright white inside it?

My answer: I don't know!

4) How much is the radius of a rainbow?

My answer: I don't know. And I want to know if the radius of rainbow is fixed or it changes from incident to incident and depends on specific incident conditions.

5) why is it part of a circle?

My answer: Because water drops (water drops) in air are spherical!

6) How much is the width of each colour in a rainbow?

My answer: I don't know.

7) At what time of day we can see a rainbow?

My answer: perhaps on afternoons, when the sun is on the horizon.

8) Is there another rainbow in the sky, when we see a rainbow?

My answer: I haven't seen yet! So, I presume the answer is NO!

9) Where is it?
10) How about the colour sequence, radius, and width of the second rainbow?

11) Are the bows polarized?

My answer: I don't understand the question.

12) What is the direction of polarization?

13) Is it possible to see a rainbow from an airplane?

My answer: Maybe it is possible to see a rainbow from an airplane provided the airplane altitude is not higher than a certain point!

14) If the answer is yes, how is it?
15) Is it possible to make an artificial rainbow? How?

My answer: Yes, by making artificial rain in a sunny day! For example, using a hose, sprinkle water drops into the air. I did it!

I am looking forward to hearing other friends' answers.

All the best,
Mortaza
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Hurieh,

Our body needs different vitamins for being in health , also our soul needs it ,the vitamins of prayer ,fast , Quran, listening to speeches and pilgrimage ,without these vitamins or lack of these vitamins , our soul would be weak and depressed , In holy shrine of Imam Reza (AS) , I feel that he is near to me , who is he? ,a person who has all of best characters of human in his personality , also I committed a lot of sins, but he does not turn his face ,he hugs me between his .arms, a best friend who I cry on his shoulder , and so much energy which I get from him

he is among the best servants of God , God likes his servants , and asks the worshipers to be close to these servants as much as possible.
He says in Quran “لا اسالكم عليه اجرا الا الموده فى القربى” for this (Islam) i ask of you no wage except the love of the (prophet's) relatives (Chapter 42: ASH-SHURA (COUNCIL) /23 ).

Thanks God that I went there and I have felt more peace since I came back , This was an effective vitamin for my soul.

But during staying in Mashad , I didn’t ignore my body :-D :-D , each time I came back from the holy shrine , I went to the Razavi shop , the most favorable thing for me was the Badam Sokhteh ( Almond and honey) , I like it very much , also I brought three package for my wife as souvenir , made her so much happy.

I wish I could visit Yazd one day for body vitamins ( Ghotab and Baghlaba) {-: {-:

All the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
bahare

Post by bahare »

hi I am ..from Iran. I am practicing English. I am interested in writing in English. I would be glad if you accept me in your community.
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi dear Hurieh

Post by setareh »

Dear Hurieh, it's always great to read your post, especially this time which it contains so many positive and encouraging messages . It's so good to know that you started exercising and you are actually enjoying it. I wish you the best of luck.
Sometimes we are so stressed out about some mistakes that we did in the past or about some problems which we are going to confront in the future that we actually forget to live at present and enjoy life fully.
We lose the precious time that are irreplaceable by thinking about past that is water under the bridge now or thinking about the future that has not come yet.
We have been in this way for a long time, even though we know it's wrong but as a matter of fact there is always a deep gap between our knowing and our actions. If we eradicate this gap then we would put all our knowing into action and would have a wonderful life.
You are also right that we could be the painter of our life and create a masterpiece , but I am afraid sometimes we are not strong enough in dealing with problems or faithful enough to seek for some opportunities, so we couldn't see the beauty of life.
I myself used to be worried about some matters that might happen in my life, but as I tried to enjoy the present I can see the beauty of life better. I hope I could stay in this positive track and enjoy my life and be grateful to my God.
I wish you and all of our friends here the best,
Setareh
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Behnam

Post by setareh »

Dear behnam, I hope you are doing great. For all of your complicated questions about rainbow; I tried to search for some answers in philosophy my major' but i couldn't find any. {-: What' s the relation between rainbow and philosophy. I only can come up with some other questions like: has rainbow been from eternity? Is it real or just an illusion? :lol:
Any way I personally enjoy watching rainbow. So simple! We are looking forward to reading your answers, but please as always explain it in simple way so we can understand it better. I wonder if I could see one in the future due to drought or not. Let's be optimistic and hope that we will see so many wonderful rainbows.
Wish you the best,
Setareh
hamouza

Post by hamouza »

Hi I'm Hamza these is the best thing i have ever read ... y really form a great example of how friendship should be ... very fond of this group and this thread and i hope i can join you and i would like to share with y this topic and i hope that every one will participate and give us his thought :
Notice : sorry if i made a lot of mistake and this is the reason for which I'm here ...
NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS LEARNED CONTAINED IN BOOKS .

looking forward to hear from y soon ... :)
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Honey-Bee's post!

Post by behnam »

http://www.myenglishclub.com/profiles/b ... eds-matter

COLOR DOESN'T MATTER. ONLY DEEDS MATTER.
Posted by _✿HONEY_BÉÉ✿_ on September 1, 2015 at 17:29Send View Blog
Hi, everyone.

I guess that you have the same so called "racial experience" in EC when we see different people from different countries. We must admit that all of us represent their Motherlands here and we judge the countries by the people who represent it. Don't you agree with me?

Even if we proclaim that people are different and there are good and bad people in every nation we still have this ancient prejudice that, for example, all jews are greedy, all muslims are terrorists, georgians are obsessed with women and all russians are alcoholics (no offends).

These are so called "social stereotypes" about different races and nationalities that cover our planet like a spider covers a fly with its net. And I must admit that I have the same stereotypes that I try to destroy but they raise and raise again like a phoenix from the fire.

I also want to present you a short movie created by Nancy Spetsioti. Watch it, please.

I guess that we all can think that we are better or superior than all people around us and it doesn't matter if we have the fundamental background for this or not. But when health or other problems come to your family, you can get help even from those people who were despised by us for any reason.

This long-lasting fight inside your head will last forever and it will never end. But what we can do, we can realize, feel and catch all those silly stereotypes inside us and bring them into light. And after it we should examine, prosect and destroy them.

Maybe these operations made by all of us will help to change the destination of the highway called "The human history".

Thanks for reading and watching this awesome short movie. Have a nice evening.

Cap Bee.
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

My Comment on that!

Post by behnam »

Comment by Behnam 2 minutes ago

Hi Honey-Bee,
How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for your post. I have got something in my mind about this topic, but I don't know how to put them into words in a way that not bother or upset anybody, specially you.

First, you should know I am from Iran. What does it mean? I hope the readers themselves will search for Iranian Empire and Cyrus Cylinder to see what does it mean. I am not saying we are different, or better than others. What I am trying to convey is that I am familiar with the civilization, history, human rights, etc. Let me give you an example. Suppose someone hasn't got a car and hasn't experienced having it or even sitting in it. His/her criticisms about car may come from obsession or arrogance. However, an everyday car driver often criticizes rightly.

According to the holy Koran, people are the same. Their deeds make and will make them different! What causes us to act and react differently? I believe, our life philosophy, our doctrine, our ideology, worldview all affect on our deeds. Where our doctrine, philosophy come from? This is a very difficult question. The origins of our life philosophy and doctrine are different. Those different origins introduce different doctrines. Different doctrines will have different followers.

Politicians, philosophers, prophets are three main sources of doctrines. For example, Marxism, Socialism and Communism, were developed by Karl Mark. Divine religions have got their own doctrines too.

Capitalism thinks Islam(the holy Koran actually) is against its purposes in many areas. It must fight with Islam, but how? It was not possible to fight with the holy Koran directly, since it was not possible to burn all Korans in the world. In their think tank they found a solution for that: Instead of fighting with Koran and then Islam, first we should ruin Islam by introducing different groups of Muslims. Then attack them from outside, inside, ..from different angles. Calling them as terrorists is only one of the battles. Supporting politically and financially Taliban, Daish, ...is another one. Dividing Muslims into different group...! This is black, that is white, this one is brown...! Dirty policy!

You should know, we are all apparently Muslim not real Muslims. Real Islam and real Muslim is what the Holy Koran shows and introduces. We are some naive easily fooled people in the Middle East! We are really naive! Smile at me, I will believe you! This is our main weakness. We are awful in recognizing enemy from friend. This is a fact.

To avoid digressing, I'd like to stop speaking about what politicians are doing with Islam. How do they make the members of a family(sisters, brothers, parents..) fight with each other. This is a long story.

Dear Honey-bee, I am afraid to say that what you have written in the post 'colour doesn't matter only deeds matter' are only some sugar-coated sentences. They are sugar-coated, we all love licking them like what children do. However, the sweetness comes to an early end due to the fact that the coat layer is so thin, and the substrate is a bitter fruit of one of the materialist philosophies. In a materialist philosophy, there is at least one justification to whatever someone does, as long as it is beneficial to their society. Kill people in Vietnam, Japan, in the Middle East, ..with Atomic bombs, Laser Guided Missiles, ..because it is beneficial for the West. Take photos while smiling to show that you are kind, and hide what you are doing with humanity. In case someone argues your atomic attack, just justify like this: You know what would happen if we didn't kill 250,000 people in Japan? They were threatening the world! In Animal Farms written by Gorge Orwell, pigs say something like this: pigs need milk and apples in order to think well, and since the pigs’ work is brain work, it is in everyone’s best interest for the pigs to eat the apples and drink the milk. Should the pigs’ brains fail because of a lack of apples and milk?

Anyway, let finish it by emphasizing that a materialist person smiles when taking photos to hide their ugly thoughts. They speak beautifully; telling sugar-coated sentences to fool others. As in 'Animals Farm' they have a very nice motto "people are equal". Their words are beautiful when their stomachs are full. However, when they become hungry, their words change.

As a piece of advice, if we want to know how the main nature of our friend is, just keep him/her hungry for a while. Don't trust in their words when they are full.

Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) has come to complete moralities among human beings. In the holy Koran God is speaking about the importance of deeds. Above all, 2500 years ago Cyrus the great has introduced human rights(google Cyrus Cylinder). It is very funny, westerners speak about equality, human rights, deeds...If someone dies from this misery, there is no blame for him/her!

In a film, a westerner shows a man with special strange frightening appearance, his name implies that he is Muslim... Oh, Muslims, if you die from this insult, there won't be any blame! After 3500 years kingdom, and after 1400 years living under the umbrella of Islam, now westerners took atomic bombs as their modern swords in one hand, and show the definition of equality written in a piece of paper in the other hand!

No dear Honey-Bee! Before you, your leaders have repeatedly, theoretically, and practically have proven that colour matters! You are late.

All the best,
Behnam, 03 September, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

About Rainbow!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for showing interest in the physics of rainbow. As some of you know, on coming Sunday, I am having an oral exam which is called 'Pish jame'. It is something new I guess. Before the main Final qualifying exam(Emtahane jame), some professors from our department interview the candidate to evaluate his knowledge, to see if s/he is qualified enough to sit for Final Qualifying Exam or not. They ask him some general questions about the main courses and all courses as well to see how the student acts and reacts; interacts with physical phenomena.

I am busy these days, not with studying actually, because I am saturated somehow. The more I study, the more doubts come to my mind. Therefore, I am just killing time to have the interview.

I will answer to the questions about rainbow after the exam. I promise. Just keep the contact. We will have some interesting discussion. I will show you the special beauties of a rainbow. You will see how much difference is between looking at a rainbow and seeing it. You can google it, but I am sure, you won't get the answers of those questions from the Net. I am neither boasting, nor exaggerating. Have a try! LOOOL :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 03 September, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
bahare

Post by bahare »

:lol: Praying To God

A man was praying to God.

He said, “God

God responded, "Yes?”

And the guy said, “Can I ask A question?”

“Go right ahead”. God said.

“God, what is a million years to you?”

God said, “A million years to me is only a second.”

The man wonderer.

Then he asked, “God, what is a million dollars worth to you?”

God said, “A million dollars to me is a penny.”

So the man said, “God can I have a penny?”

And God cheerfully said,

“Sure!..... Just wait a second.”
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

rainbow

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam ,

Your question about rainbow motivated me to search and find an article , I found some information about rainbow ,but i don't know if it answer to your question !!

A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the sun shines on droplets of moisture in the earth's atmosphere. It takes the form of a multicolored arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.

In a "primary rainbow", the arc shows red on the outer part, and violet on the inner side. This rainbow is caused by light being refracted while entering a droplet of water, then reflected inside on the back of the droplet and refracted again when leaving it.

In a double rainbow, a second arc is seen outside the primary arc, and has the order of its colors reversed, red facing toward the other one, in both rainbows. This second rainbow is caused by light reflecting twice inside water droplets.

The rainbow is not located at a specific distance, but comes from any water droplets viewed from a certain angle relative to the Sun's rays. Thus, a rainbow is not a physical object, and cannot be physically approached. Indeed, it is impossible for an observer to manoeuvre to see any rainbow from water droplets at any angle other than the customary one of 42 degrees from the direction opposite the Sun. Even if an observer sees another observer who seems "under" or "at the end" of a rainbow, the second observer will see a different rainbow further off-yet, at the same angle as seen by the first observer.

A rainbow spans a continuous spectrum of colors. Any distinct bands perceived are an artifact of human color vision, and no banding of any type is seen in a black-and-white photo of a rainbow, only a smooth gradation of intensity to a maximum, then fading towards the other side. For colors seen by a normal human eye, the most commonly cited and remembered sequence is Newton's sevenfold red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Rainbows can be caused by many forms of airborne water. These include not only rain, but also mist, spray, and airborne dew.

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Visibility

Post by Mohsen »

Visibility

Rainbows can be observed whenever there are water drops in the air and sunlight shining from behind at a low altitude angle. The most spectacular rainbow displays happen when half the sky is still dark with raining clouds and the observer is at a spot with clear sky in the direction of the sun. The result is a luminous rainbow that contrasts with the darkened background.

The rainbow effect is also commonly seen near waterfalls or fountains. In addition, the effect can be artificially created by dispersing water droplets into the air during a sunny day. Rarely, a moonbow, lunar rainbow or nighttime rainbow, can be seen on strongly moonlit nights. As human visual perception for color is poor in low light, moonbows are often perceived to be white. It is difficult to photograph the complete semicircle of a rainbow in one frame, as this would require an angle of view of 84°. For a 35 mm camera, a lens with a focal length of 19 mm or less wide-angle lens would be required. Now that powerful software for stitching several images into a panorama is available, images of the entire arc and even secondary arcs can be created fairly easily from a series of overlapping frames. From an airplane, one has the opportunity to see the whole circle of the rainbow, with the plane's shadow in the centre. This phenomenon can be confused with the glory, but a glory is usually much smaller, covering only 5Ð20°.

At good visibility conditions (for example, a dark cloud behind the rainbow), the second arc can be seen, with inverse order of colors. At the background of the blue sky, the second arc is barely visible.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Spectrum

Post by Mohsen »

Spectrum

A rainbow spans a continuous spectrum of colors - there are no "bands". The apparent discreteness is an artifact of the photopigments in the human eye and of the neural processing of our photoreceptor outputs in the brain. Because the peak response of human color receptors varies from person to person, different individuals will see slightly different colors, and persons with color blindness will see a smaller set of colors. However, the seven colors listed below are thought to be representative of how humans everywhere, with normal color vision, see the rainbow. The colors visible in the rainbow are not pure spectral colors. There is spectral smearing due to the fact that for any particular wavelength, there is a distribution of exit angles, rather than a single unvarying angle.

Newton originally (1672) named only five primary colors:
red, yellow, green, blue and violet.

Later he included orange and indigo, giving seven colors
by analogy to the number of notes in a musical scale.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Explanation

Post by Mohsen »

Explanation

he light is first refracted entering the surface of the raindrop, reflected off the back of the drop, and again refracted as it leaves the drop. The overall effect is that the incoming light is reflected back over a wide range of angles, with the most intense light at an angle of 40-42°. The angle is independent of the size of the drop, but does depend on its refractive index. Seawater has a higher refractive index than rain water, so the radius of a "rainbow" in sea spray is smaller than a true rainbow. This is visible to the naked eye by a misalignment of these bows.

The amount by which light is refracted depends upon its wavelength, and hence its color. This effect is called dispersion. Blue light (shorter wavelength) is refracted at a greater angle than red light, but due to the reflection of light rays from the back of the droplet, the blue light emerges from the droplet at a smaller angle to the original incident white light ray than the red light. Due to this angle, blue is seen on the inside of the arc of the primary rainbow, and red on the outside.

The light at the back of the raindrop does not undergo total internal reflection, and some light does emerge from the back. However, light coming out the back of the raindrop does not create a rainbow between the observer and the Sun because spectra emitted from the back of the raindrop do not have a maximum of intensity, as the other visible rainbows do, and thus the colors blend together rather than forming a rainbow.

A rainbow does not actually exist at a particular location in the sky. Its apparent position depends on the observer's location and the position of the Sun. All raindrops refract and reflect the sunlight in the same way, but only the light from some raindrops reaches the observer's eye. This light is what constitutes the rainbow for that observer. The bow is centred on the shadow of the observer's head, or more exactly at the antisolar point (which is below the horizon during the daytime), and forms a circle at an angle of 40-42° to the line between the observer's head and its shadow. As a result, if the Sun is higher than 42°, then the rainbow is below the horizon and usually cannot be seen as there are not usually sufficient raindrops between the horizon (that is: eye height) and the ground, to contribute. Exceptions occur when the observer is high above the ground, for example in an aeroplane (see above), on top of a mountain, or above a waterfall.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Variations

Post by Mohsen »

Occasionally, a second, dimmer secondary rainbow is seen outside the primary bow. Secondary rainbows are caused by a double reflection of sunlight inside the raindrops, and appear at an angle of 50 degrees - 53 degrees. As a result of the second reflection, the colors of a secondary rainbow are inverted compared to the primary bow, with blue on the outside and red on the inside. The dark area of unlit sky lying between the primary and secondary bows is called Alexander's band, after Alexander of Aphrodisias who first described it.
A third, or triple, rainbow can be seen on rare occasions, and a few observers have reported seeing quadruple rainbows in which a dim outermost arc had a rippling and pulsating appearance. These rainbows would appear on the same side of the sky as the Sun, making them hard to spot.

Contrast-enhanced photograph of a supernumerary rainbow,
with additional green and purple arcs inside the primary bow.

Occasionally, another beautiful and striking rainbow phenomenon can be observed, consisting of several faint rainbows on the inner side of the primary rainbow, and very rarely also outside the secondary rainbow. They are slightly detached and have pastel color bands that do not fit the usual pattern. They are known as supernumerary rainbows, and it is not possible to explain their existence using classical geometric optics.
The alternating faint rainbows are caused by interference between rays of light following slightly different paths with slightly varying lengths within the raindrops. Some rays are in phase, reinforcing each other through constructive interference, creating a bright band; others are out of phase by up to half a wavelength, canceling each other out through destructive interference, and creating a gap. Given the different angles of refraction for rays of different colors, the patterns of interference are slightly different for rays of different colors, so each bright band is differentiated in color, creating a miniature rainbow. Supernumary rainbows are clearest when raindrops are small and of similar size. The very existence of supernumary rainbows was historically a first indication of the wave nature of light, and the first explanation was provided by Thomas Young in 1804.
Primary and secondary rainbows are visible, as well as a
reflected primary and a faintly visible reflection primary.

Other rainbow variants are produced when sunlight reflects off a body of water. Where sunlight reflects off water before reaching the raindrops, it produces a reflection rainbow. These rainbows share the same endpoints as a normal rainbow but encompass a far greater arc when all of it is visible. Both primary and secondary reflection rainbows can be observed.

A reflected rainbow, by contrast, is produced when light that has first been reflected inside raindrops then reflects off a body of water before reaching the observer. A reflected rainbow is not a mirror image of the primary bow, but is displaced from it to a degree dependent on the Sun's altitude. Both types can be seen in the image to the right.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

History of the Science of Rainbows

Post by Mohsen »

The Persian astronomer Qutb al-Din al-Shirazi (1236-1311), or perhaps his student Kamal al-din al-Farisi (1260-1320), is thought to have first given a fairly accurate explanation for the rainbow phenomenon.

The work of Robert Grosseteste on light was continued by Roger Bacon, who wrote in his Opus Majus of 1268 about experiments with light shining through crystals and water droplets showing the colors of the rainbow.

Theodoric of Freiberg is also known to have given an accurate theoretical explanation of both the primary and secondary rainbows in 1307. He explained the primary rainbow, noting that "when sunlight falls on individual drops of moisture, the rays undergo two refractions (upon ingress and egress) and one reflection (at the back of the drop) before transmission into the eye of the observer" (quoted from David C, Lindberg, Roger Bacon's Theory of the Rainbow: Progress or Regress?, Isis, Vol. 57, no. 2, p. 235). He explained the secondary rainbow through a similar analysis involving two refractions and two reflections.

Rene Descartes' sketch of how primary and secondary rainbows are formed

Descartes, in 1637, further advanced this explanation. Knowing that the size of raindrops didn't appear to affect the observed rainbow, he experimented with passing rays of light through a large glass sphere filled with water. By measuring the angles that the rays emerged, he concluded that the primary bow was caused by a single internal reflection inside the raindrop and that a secondary bow could be caused by two internal reflections. He was able to back this up with a derivation of the law of refraction (subsequently, but independently of, Snell) and correctly calculated the angles for both bows. His explanation of the colors, however, was based on a mechanical version of the traditional theory that colors were produced by a modification of white light.

Isaac Newton was the first to demonstrate that white light was composed of the light of all the colors of the rainbow, which a glass prism could separate into the full spectrum of colors, rejecting the theory that the colors were produced by a modification of white light. He also showed that red light gets refracted less than blue light, which led to the first scientific explanation of the major features of the rainbow. Newton's corpuscular theory of light was unable to explain supernumary rainbows, and a satisfactory explanation was not found until Thomas Young realized that light behaves as a wave under certain conditions, and can interfere with itself.

Young's work was refined in the 1820s by George Biddell Airy, who explained the dependence of the strength of the colors of the rainbow on the size of the water droplets. Modern physical descriptions of the rainbow are based on Mie scattering, work published by Gustav Mie in 1908. Advances in computational methods and optical theory continue to lead to a fuller understanding of rainbows. For example, Nussenzveig provides a modern overview.

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Rainbows in the News ...

Post by Mohsen »

Rainbows in the News ...
Metamaterial prism creates a reverse rainbow PhysOrg - January 9, 2015
In a normal rainbow, red is always on "top" while violet is on the "bottom." This is true whether the rainbow is created by a glass prism or by water droplets in the sky, and is due to the way that these materials refract light of different wavelengths: colors with longer wavelengths (red) are less refracted/bent than colors with shorter wavelengths (violet). Now in a new study, scientists have designed a prism that does the opposite: it refracts longer wavelengths more strongly than shorter wavelengths. The result is a reverse rainbow.
In a "Rainbow" Universe Time May Have No Beginning Scientific American - December 9, 2013
What if the universe had no beginning, and time stretched back infinitely without a big bang to start things off? That's one possible consequence of an idea called "rainbow gravity," so-named because it posits that gravity's effects on space-time are felt differently by different wavelengths of light, aka different colors in the rainbow. Rainbow gravity was first proposed 10 years ago as a possible step toward repairing the rifts between the theories of general relativity (covering the very big) and quantum mechanics (concerning the realm of the very small). The idea is not a complete theory for describing quantum effects on gravity, and is not widely accepted. Nevertheless, physicists have now applied the concept to the question of how the universe began, and found that if rainbow gravity is correct, space-time may have a drastically different origin story than the widely accepted picture of the big bang. According to Einstein's general relativity, massive objects warp space-time so that anything traveling through it, including light, takes a curving path.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Rainbows in the News ...

Post by Mohsen »

Scientists Stop Light in 'Trapped Rainbow' Live Science - November 15, 2007

Scientists have worked out how to bring beams of light to a screeching halt inside a material that would separate the light into its constituent colors, creating a rainbow - a trapped rainbow. To bring light to a stop from its usual approximately 670 million mph (1.08 billion km/h) pace is no easy feat, and scientists have been working on the problem for years in hopes of revolutionizing how information is stored and sent. To tackle the challenge, physicist Ortwin Hess of the University of Surrey and his colleagues have devised a theoretical means to stop light using what are known as metamaterials, or materials whose properties depend on their structure and not the composition of the material.

The property of these materials that makes them ideal for stopping light is their "negative refractive index." The refractive index of a medium is a measure of how much light slows down and reorients or bends as it passes through the medium. Most materials, such as glass and water, have a positive refractive index - light keeps moving in basically the same direction. The negative refractive index of metamaterials (created by arranging tiny metallic inclusions in a transparent material) causes the light to bend somewhat back on itself and in such a way that "it gets slower and slower and eventually stops," Hess explained. (These same materials have been used to create an "invisibility cloak.")

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

hamouza wrote:Hi I'm Hamza these is the best thing i have ever read ... y really form a great example of how friendship should be ... very fond of this group and this thread and i hope i can join you and i would like to share with y this topic and i hope that every one will participate and give us his thought :
Notice : sorry if i made a lot of mistake and this is the reason for which I'm here ...
NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS LEARNED CONTAINED IN BOOKS .

looking forward to hear from y soon ... :)
Hi Hamuza,
Welcome, You seem to be from South Korea, I am here to learn English ,and it is my pleasure to correspond with you in English , my favorite is watching Korean movies ,in one of Korean movies , Hamuza was the father of Joumong , did you watch it? I hope to know more about you.

Have a good weekend
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
hamouza

Post by hamouza »

Dear Behnam,

I was really amazed by yr thought, y seems to be well educated :)
i read Animal Farm too and it is an interesting novel. I totaly agree with y cause the west is acting exactly like the pig which called Napoleon, when he bertayed the principle and break the four commandment.

Bush once said, and it was the first time he said sth right he said " fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ." And he was in fact right we have to blame our self -i mean those who live in the middle east- since we are being folled over and over again. Don't you think ?

looking forward to hear from you
peace
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Missile of Yaman

Post by Mohsen »

UAE King and Saudi king ,which are two sponsors of ISIS, are killing the patriot people of Yaman , and also their own soldiers are being killed in this war , how USA deceived these two kings to kill Muslims and give their money to USA to buy weapons , Really Israel and USA enjoy having these foolish kings in their hand :-( :-(
In west the Yamani patriot people are called rebels , and Saudi coalition who invaded to Yaman are called anti terrorists …they consider the world people a bunch of foolish ., they think by using these names they can fool the world. :!!: {-;
It was a difficult day for BBC to announce how 45 soldiers of UAE went to hell , BBC tried to change the fact and said that it was an explosion inside the weapons store which kill UAE soldier , not Missile of Yaman :lol: :lol:
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Missed you!

Post by behnam »

hi friends,

I am in railstaition now. I have missed you. I have a lot of difficulties using this mobile phone with these thick fingers. It is 5:30am now. At 11:00 I am having verbal exam(interview). Please wish me luck. I am putting this to let you know that I have missed you and you are all in my thoughts.

All the best,
Behnam, 6 September, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

trumpeting it to Mars

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,
I wish you a successful exam, please be at ease , we keep the tavern until you come back

I read the news of Syrian migrants to Europe and it came to my mind that 2000.000 Afghans migrants are living in Iran since many years ago , thousands of migrants from Iraq and Syria came to Iran,but today 10000 migrants came in Austria and Germany , These two countries and west media trumpeting it in a way that people of Mars heard it

Also I read in News that president Obama gave his condolence for death of 45 soldier of Emirate and called them martyrs
The meaning of Martyr for Obama is a person who invade to other country, kill many innocent people and children.
Poor Emirate soldiers who lost their life for their king’ game ,a king who play for USA.

Good Luck
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Hamouza!

Post by behnam »

Hi hamouza,

Welcome! Thank you for putting comment in this thread. You are right. People in the Middles East are naive. They are easily fooled by others. They are fooled repeatedly. You are absolutely right. Why are we like that? I don't know. How you got any suggestions?

All the ebst,
Behnam, 10 September, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Thanks Mohsen!

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,

How are you? I hope you are fine. Thank you very much for your posts about rainbow. They are really interesting. They are answering to my questions completely. I hope the readers will get some general knowledge of rainbow by reading those posts.

I am busy with studying for my Final Qualifying Exam. I cannot concentrate on anything else. Therefore, I will be less active for one month. I promise to compensate after the exam. I will write about rainbow in more details after the exam.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 September, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

I'm an English tutor teaching English online through Skype. I am new here too. I look forward to get to know different kinds of people here.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome Mr Kevin

Post by Mohsen »

ritzkevin wrote:I'm an English tutor teaching English online through Skype. I am new here too. I look forward to get to know different kinds of people here.
Hello Mr. Kevin,

It is my pleasure to have you here , I need to an English teacher .I have a question about your sentence , you wrote
I look forward to get to know different kinds of people here
I look forward to getting to know different kinds of people here

Can we use both of them?

Thanks
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

My bad, Mohsen. I have typed the incorrect word. "Getting to know" is correct. Thanks!
Ritz Kevin

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

the meaning

Post by Mohsen »

Thank you Kevin,

I was reading a sentence ,I didn't get the meaning

" ZEDEX(ZX) can solve the problem such as node components mechanical sliding friction and wear"

would you please explain the sentence in detail ?

I didn't get the meaning of node components

B.Wishes
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
LeeWooseok

Post by LeeWooseok »

Hello, My name is Lee, Wooseok. I am from Republic of Korea, and I am a student of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, Republic of Korea. Through my professor of class, Intercultural Communication, I would be able to know about this site.

Literally, I am majoring in English Interpretation and Translation at the University, but I have had some difficulties to use English in communicating with foreigners. Exchanging opinions is my assignment of my class in this semester. Except that I have to do my best to get a good grade, thinking that participating in the conversation of this site will be good opportunity for my English ability, and most of all, I am eagerly anticipating to beet good people with this site.

Thank you for reading my message, and please check my writing or mistakes in grammar or opinions if there are some error.

This time, the weather of Korea is sunny and very peaceful. Now, we are preparing for fall.
Then, see you again. Have a nice day.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Mr.Wooseok

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Lee ,
Welcome to this forum, I am interested in learning English , I read your post and I saw no mistake in your writing , your writing skill is good , where is Hankuk university , Is it in Seoul? Are you living in dormitory ? How much do you pay to university for each semester? How many lesson s do you choose for each semester? And finally do you have foreign student in your class?
Maybe your answers motivate me to come to Hankuk for study of my major which is Business and economic.

Thank you,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
LeeWooseok

Post by LeeWooseok »

HI Mohsen.
Thank you for replying my writing. My university, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, is located in Seoul, Republic of Korea. I know that Mr. President Obama has visited and had commencement at this university in 2012. I am living at just my own house with one room mate around the university.

I usually pay about 4,000$ for each semester, and its tuition may be normal among the universities in Korea. At this fall semester, lessens that I am taking are 9, including a class, Introduction to International Law, concerned with my minor, International Economics and Law.

In my university, I can see some foreigners, and actually have taken a class that foreign professor lectures. Yet, having relationship or being friend with foreign students is somewhat difficult because opportunity is less.

Through your questions, I could know more about me. It is ironic. In fact, I have no sense to me, but getting new sight for me was possible. thinking about my class, my university, my major is very interesting! Above all, communicating with you through this site is also very interesting and amazing to me.

Thank you for all
Lee, Wooseok
Behnaz

Post by Behnaz »

Hi every one
This is behnaz
Im a newcomer here
Tonight when i was web surfing i found this forum by chance
And really became so happy to see some of my friends run this room for near 3years
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

educational year

Post by Mohsen »

Through your questions, I could know more about me. It is ironic. In fact, I have no sense to me, but getting new sight for me was possible. thinking about my class, my university, my major is very interesting! Above all, communicating with you through this site is also very interesting and amazing to me.

Hi Lee Wooseok,

Hope you had a great weekend ,thank you for your post , sorry if my questions caused you to think more about your university , I didn’t get a part of your writing , what do you mean by writing “I have no sense to me”

In Iran, the educational year starts at the first day of autumn (The next 5 days), nowadays all of students are getting ready for going to school and university. The market is booming, students buy new dress, shoes, and stationery. Some of university students are very sad, because they should say good bye to their parents and go to the dormitory in another city ( I saw one of them who was crying ) . What is your feeling when the new semester is begin?

The universities in Iran is free of charge, but non-governmental universities are chargeable, I never heard the students pay 4000 $ for a semester. here Non-technical students pay 300 $ for a semester

Have a good day
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Behnaz,

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnaz,

Welcome to this thread , God has granted you a good fate , as it is not easy to find such a place by surfing , so grab your chance and enjoy it. :-D :-D

I have sent many posts here ,all of them are in virtual world , so I still feel that I am a new comer , but it is not difficult to understand the all of people in this place are reliable and friendly.

What is you status for starting the new educational year , What is your feeling?

All the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
LeeWooseok

Post by LeeWooseok »

Hi Mohsen,

First of all, about your question, I would like to express that "I have had no idea to me literally and have not perceived myself sincerely, but I could appreciate and look back with talking with you through this site".

To get my studying, I am also in a distance from my hometown. It is so sad that I cannot meet my hometown friends.

What I surprised is that there is no tuition fee for university in Iran. I am very envious of the policy. In my thought, in Korea, many parents of university students will be thinking of the tuition as a burden.

Several days ago, I read an article about Iranian Movie, Children of Heaven. In the article, It is very interesting that almost Iranian movies are about the stories of children. Is it true? I think that there will be some errors.

Nowadays, fall is all around us. there is a Korean proverb to call fall, "the season of high sky and plump horses". At the evening, if I see the sky, it is possible to see a grand landscape of clouds and sunset.

Then, see you again.
Have a nice day
Lee, Wooseok
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Welcome dears!

Post by behnam »

Hi Kevin, Lee, and Behnaz,

You are warmly welcomed! Thank you very much for putting post in this thread. I am busy with making myself ready for an important exam. It is the most important exam in my life. I will be standing in front of some famous professors and they will ask me several questions about different areas in Physics and Photonics. After the exam, I'll join you.

Dear Behnaz, your name is my only sister's name. You cannot imagine how surprised I was when I saw your post. Thank you very much for joining us.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 September, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

LeeWooseok wrote:Hi Mohsen,

First of all, about your question, I would like to express that "I have had no idea to me literally and have not perceived myself sincerely, but I could appreciate and look back with talking with you through this site".

To get my studying, I am also in a distance from my hometown. It is so sad that I cannot meet my hometown friends.

What I surprised is that there is no tuition fee for university in Iran. I am very envious of the policy. In my thought, in Korea, many parents of university students will be thinking of the tuition as a burden.

Several days ago, I read an article about Iranian Movie, Children of Heaven. In the article, It is very interesting that almost Iranian movies are about the stories of children. Is it true? I think that there will be some errors.

Nowadays, fall is all around us. there is a Korean proverb to call fall, "the season of high sky and plump horses". At the evening, if I see the sky, it is possible to see a grand landscape of clouds and sunset.

Then, see you again.
Have a nice day
Lee, Wooseok

Hi Lee,

I guess that you like the season of fall , am I right?

I have a question about the name in Korea , Is the Lee your first name ,and Wooseok is your family name , Do you write family name at first ?

I didn’t watched the movie of Children of Heaven ,Today I read about it , it is about how a poor family are living and how a rich family are living and many other things . It is not true that all of Iranian movies are about children , we have many kind of movies , the most famous movie which is on the screen now is Mohammad the God messenger ,This movie is about a part time our prophet ‘ life and director of this movie is majid Majidi , the man who made Children of heaven
I want to go cinema to watch this movie ,but this movie have the best selling in Iran and I should book the tickets by internet.

About the fall , I like it but not as much as spring , we have a proverb which say : They count their chicken at the end of fall” do you have the proverb in Korea?

Enjoy your Wednesday
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

Break a leg on your exam, Behnam!
Ritz Kevin

ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

I'm also surprised that there's no tuition in Iranian universities. Good for you. It's interesting to know different people with different cultures and different privileges.
Ritz Kevin

Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

The Sound of my HeArT !

Post by Hurieh »

Hi dear friends,

No need to take a look at my calendar and count the number of days I’ve been away from this nice place, I just listened to my heart which was whispering in my ears that I’ve missed writing to each friend of mine on this forum so much. The calendar, itself, shows a few days from my last post here, but my heart claims that it sounds like a couple of weeks or even months from the last time I wrote here.
I was quite busy these days in order to say goodbye to my summer vacations and get ready for the coming month. That’s why I couldn’t reply your previous posts any sooner. Just now, I obeyed my heart, and sat at my computer to reply you and your nice posts wholeheartedly. You can read them in next posts.

Regards,
Hurieh
Sep 17th/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

My Ultimate goal !

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mortaza,

How are you doing? I hope everything is quite well with you.

I have to confess that you are not the first person who fairly says that I use sophisticated vocabularies when I write. I hope it doesn’t bother you and other friends to refer to a dictionary to get what I’ve written.

You know, my main goal for practicing writing in English is to be a scientific writer in my field of study. Being a university professor, you are probably familiar with the academic style of writing. A scientific writer should consider his/her audiences who are experts in the field of study not ordinary people. Using some simple and informal words and phrases is considered awkward when it comes to writing scientific articles and papers. A scientific writer should use formal and sophisticated words in his/her text but in a way that conveys the message properly. That’s why I can’t change my style of writing. Thus, I try to keep the balance and write as simple as possible in this place.

Besides following formal style of writing, however, a noble writer should be aware of the fact that the text should be understandable too. I hope you and other readers can get what I mean in my posts which appear to be mind-boggling.

A few months ago, I started writing my first manuscript in English singlehandedly, and sent it to two experts to read it over and give their idea. They suggested me to submit it to an ISI based journal. I submitted my article about three weeks ago on August 27th. Now, I’m waiting to see what will be the result of my attempts. Whether I can successfully publish my article or not, I’m content with my attempts and all I’ve learned during writing my first article independently.

By the way, thanks for your valuable tips about swimming. I’ll keep in mind your tips until I consider taking the plunge. Never hesitate to share any tip you have in any context please. This is a platform for learning and I’m an all-time learner.

Regards,
Hurieh
Sep 17th/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

You Must be a Great Chef !

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Mohsen,

Hi…Greeting.

Reading your posts, I always say:” Mohsen must be a great chef!”
But why?

Suppose this forum is a kitchen and we are the cooks and chefs who make some food for minds. Everybody has his/her own recipe. So, everyone’s dish has particular taste, fragrance, and color. I don’t know the secret behind this, but your menu is always much spicier. Hahahaaa… You flavor your posts with many edible things which make our saliva run …Have you noticed that yourself?

Well… I do agree with you. Mind and body work as one. So, we should watch what we send to this poor belly in order to be healthy both physically and mentally.

It’s allegedly said by our holy prophet Mohammad (PBUH) that:

«المِعدَة بيت کلِّ داءٍ، وَ الحَمِئَة رَاس کلِّ دَواءٍ»

Stomach is the center of every pain and avoidance is the top of each treatment.

This Hadith is enough to get to know the crucial role and impact of the stomach and what we ingest on our body, mind, and even soul. Yes… the foods we eat affect not only our body and mind, but also our souls. It’s said that eating excessively darkens our soul. People tend to be more arrogant and oblivious towards Allah when their stomach is full. In contrary, fasting makes us pure somehow.

Anyway, the photo of that center-filled packaged chocolate in your previous post that you had brought from holy city of Mashhad as a souvenir reminded me of a nice caricature. I’ll share the caricature with you right below. Hope you’ll like it.
(Winking naughtily!)

By the way, the city of Yazd and it’s souvenirs will welcome you with open arms if you choose it as a destination for your next trips. Meanwhile, the true spell of that sweet souvenir is “ Baghlava” not “Baghlaba”.

Regards,
Hurieh
Sep 17th/ 2015