Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Elham »

The more I think about the Mothers and their role and features, the less I can believe such angels can exist on the earth!

I'm amazed how mothers can be so; with such amazing characteristics that we all are aware of! How can a simple girl turn to be such a lovely,caring,awesome,wonderful, undescribable creature!!!

The most highlighted thing a mother experiances is ' Loving unconditionally ' and in my opinion it's the greatest and most valuable thing a human being can experinace in his/her lifetime*

Mothers are the closest ones to God!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm sooooooooo happy to be a girl who has the potential to be a mother someday; god willing* :-D

*MOTHER* *what an inspiring, suoul-calming word*
chameleon

Post by chameleon »

I agree with you . one have to face obstacles in this life and problems are like salt to food
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Happy woman day :!!: :!!: :!!:

It was difficult to find a suitable gift for my wife , My wife usually have a bad habit , she is used to return everything she buys to the shop and asking for change. She never be a bona fide customer. I am ready to pay in cash as gift in double than going to the market and buy something .
In fact we have too much flowers and plants in the house , I receive a lot of plants from my relatives and friends when I was in bed for back ache . Finally I decided to buy a cast iron pot ,coated with Teflon and glass lid. When I purchased it I bought a box chocolate cakes as well and colorful glittering ribbons ,When I went to the house , I decorated the room with ribbons and flash lamps , set the radio to the music station ( radio Ava) and waiting for the women.

Bye
Mohsen
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi,
There is an old saying , Divided and rule...this is a plot which was used and is still using in some countries ..when the foe succeeds in making seperation between people ,the people can not resist and they will be defeated. you may heard the following story.

There were four oxen that lived in a field. Every day a lion came by the field. He would prowl around and try to attack them. Every time he did, the four oxen turned with their tails to each other and their heads outward. No matter which way the lion approached, he was met by the horns of one of the oxen. And he did not get an ox for his dinner.
One day the four oxen began to quarrel among themselves. They angrily went off to graze alone, each in a different corner of the field. Then the lion was able to attack them one by one and made an end to all four.

Bye
Mohsen
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

oh, Amal is really tolerating me. She doesn't know Im writting this post!

I'm bothering her. With my words. but she is tolerating

oh poor Amallllllllllll
excuse meeeeeeeee
But I like it to be with you. cause you are kinddddddddddd.
I asked her to be kind with me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amal, please continue tolerating me.

Thankssssss
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

It is spring and the weather is expected to be nice, but it is awful. It is unusually hot, dusty and polluted. Air pollution from cars is(was) a serious problem in the city. Dust has doubled it these days! The smell of death can be smelled. It is really boring!

Springs used to be associated with buds, blooms, flowers, birds, happiness, health, hopes, and fresh air. However, as everything, seasons have lost their definition.

In Persian literature, spring is described beautifully. There are many poems about the beauty of nature in spring. For example, in all books; when it comes to speaking about springs; rivers are full of water, trees are wearing their green clothes, birds are signing and the weather is considered fascinating! However, these days, there rivers are dry, trees are wearing dusty clothes, there is no bird to sign anymore, and the weather is bad.

You may think I am living in the city center, but that's wrong. Our cramped flat is located in the north of the city; so close to the mountains actually. However, thick dust in the weather has made our vision so poor that we cannot see the scenery!

Tomorrow, we are going to have a picnic in the countryside. We have planned to pick wild vegetables. On the last weekend we couldn't go, because it was windy. I hope tomorrow we will enjoy being out.

I don't like to sound negative, but I don't know why the life is getting worse day after day. Besides living a hand-to-mouth existence, some newly emerging natural disasters have raised serious additional concerns.

Another thing which makes me unhappy is losing English. These days, I've got a lot to do, so I cannot practise as I used to do. I don't chat regularly; I don't write; I don't take time to listen to English; and I don't speak to anybody! 'When you don't use it, you lose it'.

In order to highlight the importance of exercising, let me tell you a short story. Once a famous musician was asked about the secret of his success in playing. He said, "If I don't practise one day, I myself will understand it. If I don't practise one week, my wife will understand it. Finally, if I don't practise one month, the audience will understand it.". It is the same when learning a new language. As you all know, 'practice makes perfect'.

Oh my God! There are many negative words in this post. Next time I must look on the bright side of the life.

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 May, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

Yesterday we(my wife, my parents, and my wife's parents and some relatives of her) went on picnic and had a barbeque. We left home in the early morning, because we had to drive to the place which is 70 Kilometers of the North-East of Tehran. The place is named 'Polur'. I don't know what it means. It's just a name. There is a river in polur, full of cold water. The river flows through short hills and mountains. Many kinds of naturally grown vegetables can be found and picked there, so many people go to that place to enjoy the beauty of nature and picking some fresh vegetables.

The rivers flows from the West to the East, so the southern mountains are cooler than the northern ones. Consequently, the mountains have got different sorts of vegetables. In order to pick different vegetables, people have to cross the river. However, there is no bridge over it! That makes crossing quite difficult for ladies, children, old and thin people.

On the way, about 30 kilometers of Tehran, there was some dry wood in a narrow valley. I knew that dry wood cannot be found in polur, so I stopped to gather some woods. I had an axe a saw in the boot. I cut down a big and tall dry tree, and chopped it into small pieces. I put them in a large sack and put the sack in the boot.

We reached the place at about 7;00 in the morning. The weather was cold, because the Sun was still weak. First, I made a fireplace from stones, and filled the kettle. I put it on the stone-built, wood-burning stove! Then I started a fire and boiled the kettle. Ladies made tea then we had breakfast. It was great. I love drinking tea in the mountain.

It should be mentioned that other members helped me with different tasks I have said above. However, I was the manager of the group.

After breakfast, old people stayed at the sitting place and looked ofter the things. We had to cross the river to go to the northern part of it. Ladies were not able to pass the river unaided. Therefore, I took their hands and helped them pass it one by one. It made me feel proud.

Everybody was carrying a bag; picking vegetables and filling their bags. I filled my bag sooner than ladies. It was difficult for my wife to carry her bag, so I put it on my back and tied it by using a scarf.

At noon we ate chicken for lunch. I am an expert at outdoor cooking and I really love it. It gives me a pleasant feeling when I am grilling chickens and all people wait for me and thank to me! It was absolutely delicious, the people were licking their fingers!

You know what human beings need after eating and drinking. Fortunately, that's common among all human beings, so nobody can blame someone else for getting rid of waste material from their bodies. That's why I built an outside toilet on the other side of the river, quite far from the place we were sitting. I did it in a way that the people could use it!

Something bad and unusual happened too. Near us another family pitched their tent. A young lady was with them. The girl played with water a lot. Her trousers get wet too. To tell you the truth, the trousers were so thin, so her...could be seen easily as a sexy scene! You shouldn't blame me, because I didn't intend to see, it just happened in front of my eyes. This event kept my mind busy for a while and made me sad! You know, I think of women as angels. I can't believe their lousy actions. In fact, women's bad actions have negative impression on me and it destroys the foundation stones of my philosophy. Therefore, it makes me uncomfortable and concerned!

We left there at about 5:00 pm. The road into town is often busy on Fridays evenings. The traffic was so heavy that took us about two hours and a half to get home.

The picnic was lovely. I really enjoyed it. Next week(Next Friday) we are going there again. I wish you were with us.

Thank you for reading.

All the best,
Behnam, 19 May, 2012

pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Dear Behnam,

I read your post and I am very interested in edible wild plants. In my country we have many of them and I always pick up wild spinach or a kind of nettle. They are rich in vitamins and fungicides free.

What kind of wild vegetables can you find in your country?

Thanks for your answer. Bye
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Dear Behnam,

As always I enjoyed a lot reading your last two posts. I have always loved your posts specially those in which you describe a place you have gone and what you did there.

Your descriptions are simple and comprehensive. I can easily imagine the place with details; I easily persue you and what you have done in your posts and enjoy it.

You are so good at expressing yourself. You know well how to use the words you've learned to say what you want. I really praise you while reading your posts. :-)

Sth nice in your post draws my attention; the way you enjoy yourself being a strong and helpful man! :-) You know well how to enjoy yourself! ;-) :-D Good luck*

I get many good ideas about English from your posts. Thanks.

All the best,
Elham
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi pawstvih,

So many thanks for putting comment on my post. Welcome to this thread. I've read some posts of you, but unluckily I don't know who you are. We are friends, but we don't know each other. You maybe have written something about yourself, but I didn't notice or I've forgotten it. To tell you the truth, these days I am very busy with different tasks, meetings, classes, seminars, etc. In fact, I've got a busy schedule. I am always in a hurry. I love being active, but it keeps my mind so busy that I forget things easily.

Believe it or not, I'm hopeless at memorizing names and numbers. I know the people by face, not by name! I don't forget a face, but I may not put a name to their faces! Anyway, forgive me if I've forgotten your name.

I don't know the name of your country. Would you mind introducing yourself?

You've asked about the name of the wild vegetables. To be honest, I don't know their names even in Farsi which is the official language in Iran. I know their names in Azerbaijani. Actually, they haven't standard names. They have local names, so different people may use different names for them. In some cases, the names are funny. For example, my mother-in-law picked a vegetable and said it was eatable. She ate it. She used an Azerbaijani name for it 'goyun ghulaghi'. The translation is this: "the ear of sheep" ! I ate some ear of sheep. It was delicious. When you pick it, a milky liquid comes out from the place which is cut.

I'm sorry, I don't know the name of vegetables in English. I wish I knew.

All the best,
Behnam, 20 May, 2012

pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Thanks for your answer. I am Italian and I like travelling around Europe.
I am a very curious person and would like to know almost everything. This is the reason why I can do many things but nothing really well {-: I can spek many languages but none well.

I have nothing to forgive you because you don't know me. I am reading you are a very busy person and you forget things. Don't worry, you are not the only one. I forget faces, too.

Speaking about wild vegetables I can tell you that we have a lot and, as in your country, they have local name and they grow in different seasons.
Now it is the moment of the dandelions ( from French "dent de lion" which means "lion's tooth" )(Taraxacum officinales).
We collect only leaves when they are the tastiest, before the flowers appear.
They taste like cicory and endive and are rich in all kind of vitamins.
Maybe your mother-in law knows it.

I wish you all the best, ciao
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

Many thanks for your compliments, praising, friendly words, and speaking positively about my English. Your English is much better than mine, and you write more beautifully than me. I just put some simple words next together and try to write simple sentences. Anyway, that's very kind of you to read my posts and to encourage me.

All the best,
Behnam, 21 May, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi pawstvih,

Many thanks for prompt reply. I am very happy to have an Italian friend.

Your country and mine have lots of things in common. For example, they both belong to a time long ago in history. Ancient Iran and and ancient Rome are well-known for people who are interested in history. I am not sure, but I guess there are a lot of similarities; in terms of colour; between the flags of two countries too. :lol:

Your English is very good, and you have got a rich vocabulary. If you like learning new languages, as you have said, why don't you try learning Farsi and Azerbaijani? Who knows, you may know Farsi and Turkish! {-;

Yes, in the mountains, there are many naturally grown vegetables which are used for treating illness. In particular, traditional medicine is based on plants and organic vegetables. Old people often prefer traditional medicine to modern one which is based on artificial chemicals. As you know, modern medicines have got many side effects.

You like travelling, that sounds great, but why do you only like travelling to European countries?

It was sad to hear that an earthquake has struck some parts of your country. May God bless all the victims of that natural disastrous phenomenon. I keep my fingers crossed for the health of injured people.

All the best,
Behnam, 21 May, 2012

pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Hi Behnam,

yes, you are right, our countries indeed are rich in history and traditions and our flag has got the same colours. You live in Iran, the ancient soul of Persia and I can breath the glory of Rome everywhere.
When I was a baby I used to dream with Persian fairy tales and now I am dreaming to buy your wonderful carpets :-D

Thanks to say my English is good, you are very kind but I don't agree. It is easier if you write using dictionary and internet.
At the moment I cannot study Farsi or Turkish because I am studying CATALAN {-; :lol:
BUT:"Never say never again" (007!)

Thanks to remember our victims. In Italy we are having a very sad moment: earthquake, crisis, bombs... but I don't think crying can help. It is better to be positive, work hard and help people as better we can.
In Italy we say:" Help yourself and God will help you" I alway add:" Help your neighbour,too and God will help you twice".

Thanks for reading, I wish you all the best
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi pawstvih,

I wish my country was hat producer instead of carpet former! Carpets are laid on the grounds, but hats are put on heads! People put their feet on the former, but have respect for the later. I believe there is sort of connection between people's attitudes towards life and what they produce!

Your English is very good, and you are an effective writer. I am not paying some nice compliments to make you happy. I am telling fact.

Yes, God helps people who help themselves. God has put some universal rules and laws in the universe. Those rules are ruling the entire world. For example, 'action equals reaction' is true in all over the world. No matter you are Iranian or Italian. Following the same principal has the same consequence.

What makes people different? ATTITUDE

Why do Iranians sell oil and produce carpets, but westerners produce cars, airplanes, and machinery, etc.? Because they have got different attitudes! Where do attitudes come from? They come from ideology and world view. In fact, attitude, ideology and world view are linked together.

I love to hear from you more.

All the best,
Behnam, 22 May, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at
the end of your arm. As you grow older you will discover that
you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for
helping others."

-- Audrey Hepburn
pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Dear Behnam,

attitude is a person’s inner thoughts and feelings and I think it comes from our education, DNA and environmental factors.
I am not sure we can speak of Iranians or Italians attitude. You say attitude comes from ideology, I don’t agree. This could be right only in countries living under dictatorship where people have brainwashing.

In my opinion only CULTURE and KNOWLEDGE influences productions of countries.
The problem is if they influence the right way to produce and exploit and where richness goes.

Anyway make carpets as artistic as yours is a merit. I don’t think with hats you can have the same satisfaction. :-)

In Italy there are many Iranians doctors and engineers. They study here and then they remain here. This is a thing I cannot understand. Why don’t they come back home to work and increase well-being of their people?

What a difficult topic! :prof:
Today EC wasn’t relaxing

Have a nice day
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,

I read your post in which you gave a report about your picnic . You described it well . but I don't know why people cut the plants in wild area. Is it a correct action if all people do it ? what will happen for the green environment?
In Esfehan there are some beautiful places on the slope of mountains filled with beautiful plants and flowers , but people who go there on the weekends ,destroy the nature ,because they like to pick mountainous leeks or shallots. Recently the environment organization have put some people in this areas to watch out the pickers and find them heavily .
About cooking in this season we have an special food , included some minced meat ,rice and split peas which are stuffed in vine leaves ,and cooked in pan, we called it Dolmeh. Does your wife prepare Dolmeh for you?
I am going to take a trip and come back on Friday , I hope to have time to check the thread during my trip.
All the best,
Mohsen
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi pawstvih,

If we continue in this way, neither ourselves nor other people will understand what the discussion is about. :lol: Absolutely, besides blood and different organs, a new born child has got an empty CD plus some genes. It gets genes from its parents. Little by little, the CD will be filled by nature and nurture. The first one is known as the effects of environment(geography), and the second one is named upbringing. Certainly nature affects, but the role of parents is extremely important. As a matter of fact, they play twice in this scenario, once in transferring genes and another time in upbringing.

What do parents transfer as genes into children and what do they teach them? What do other people teach children; in a society? I believe some repetitive actions(behaviour) become habits, and some habits convert into genes, and genes transfer from one generation into other. Therefore, what people do in the society, as good or bad habits, is capable of converting into genes. Well, in a society, what forms people's behaviour? The answer is maybe culture. What is the dictionary meaning of culture? Culture is the beliefs, way of life, art, and customs that are shared and accepted by people in a particular society. Where have those things come from? They have come from people's ideologies and world views! Therefore, parents and other people in the society teach children what they have learned themselves. What they have learned is affected by the culture; and the culture itself is affected by ideology and world view! They are all linked together like the rings of a chain!

This is what I think and believe. I don't claim I am right, but this way of thinking makes me have a relaxed and comfortable frame of mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 23 May, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Mohsen,
Thanks for putting comment. Don't worry about the plants and wild vegetables, because 'polur' is a pasture and it is used for sheep to feed on in springs and summers. Actually, by the end of this month, a lot of sheep and cattle will be brought there from other hot provinces and cities of Iran like Qum, Varamin and Semnan. Therefore, don't worry about nature and its beauty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, have a nice and safe trip. I hope to read from you soon.

All the best,
behnam, 23 May, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty,
admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge,
meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life
is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life
is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it."

-- Mother Teresa
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

A very very beautiful story:

There was a king who was a great admirer of art. He encouraged artists from all over his country and gave them valuable gifts.

One day an artist came and said to the king, "Oh King! Give me a blank wall in your palace and let me paint a picture on it. It will be more beautiful than anything you have ever seen before. I promise you shall not be disappointed." Now, the king happened to be constructing a big hall at the rear end of the palace. So he said, "All right you may work on one of the walls in the new hall."

So the artist was given the job and he was very pleased indeed. Just then, another young man said, "Oh King! Please allow me to work on the opposite wall. I too am an artist."

The king said, "What would you like to make?"

The man said, "My Lord, I shall make exactly what that man will make on the opposite wall. Moreover, I shall do so, without looking at his work. I would even request you to have a thick curtain put up between the two walls so that either of us cannot see the other." Now, that was a tall statement. Everyone in the king's court, including the king and the first artist were intrigued. But the king loved surprises and he decided to give the young fellow a chance.The following day a thick curtain was put into place and both the artists got to work. The first artist brought in a regular supply of paint, oil, water etc. The second one would come with a cloth and a bucket of water every day.

After a month the first artist told the king that his work was complete and he would like to show it to the king.The king sent for the second artist and asked him, "Young man, when would your work be ready? I am coming to see the first wall this evening."

The man said, "My Lord, my wall is ready too!"

The king went to see the first artist's wall. He was very, very impressed with the painting and gave a hefty sum as a reward to the artist. He then asked for the curtain to be opened up

Lo and behold! The same painting was to be seen on the opposite wall too!

Amazing! But true! Each line, each minor detail was exactly as it was on the first wall. But this man had not been seeing what was going on, on the other side of the curtain.So how had he done it? The king wanted to know the secret.

He gave a double reward to the fellow. Then he said, "Young man, I am indeed very happy with your work. But you must tell me; how did you do it?"

The lad said simply, "It's very easy! I just polished the wall every day!"

It was a wall made of white marble! The fellow polished it till it shone like a mirror. The reflection of the painting across the room, showed up in it!

That is what it means to polish yourself. For when we polish our hearts and souls, we see God's reflection within.

It is said that the world is a reflection of you. Whatever you are, the world will seem to be that too. If you are sad, jealous, dejected, angry, restless ... that is what the world will seem to be!

If you are happy, the world will seem to be paradise.

You decide how you want your world to look...
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Words!

Post by Elham »

Hi every body,

I miss writing in English a lot; today I've decided to spend some time writing about sth very important I'm busy with in mind.

"WORDS"
Yes, words!!! Recently, worlds have turned to be very important to me."words" are so powerful.
"Words can hurt a lot more than sticks and stones. They may not break bones, but they can surely break hearts." !!!
"Words can heal or hurt, words can comfort or curse, words can build up or tear down!
"

Unfortunately, many times I've hurt many people by my words. When I look back, I notice that one of my serious character defects is to nick others by my words. I don't really tend but unpurposely I do it! I have hurt my family members and close friends many times by being too frank and sometimes by saying some sentences in a bothering tone! :-( :-( :-(

I've always been proud of being honest, open and frank; but seems I have to change my attitude. It's ok to be frank but even being frank needs ways! Specially when it comes to communicating with dear ones, although we HAVE TO be HONEST, we also need to be careful how our words would impress!

I used to believe that if I think sth is true then I should say it no matter what and I didn't care how I say it since it was true!
But this is not fair!!!! I read somewhere:
"In a serious relationship, you are given the heart of another person to hold in your hands. Hearts are fragile, and need to be handled gently."

So I don't have the right to say whatever comes to my mind; on the countrary, I have to control my tongue!!!

Oh, sth worse is that I mean sth but my words mean sth else! I've noticed that using inappropriate words, I cause big misunderstandings!

Different words = different results
Maybe the content is the same but different ways of telling sth result in different reactions!
I've learned that: "When communicating, listen for the heart of what is being said, and not just the content."

Words stay with us forever! Still some sentences are highlighted in my mind which I had been told when I was a child; some bring smile on my lips, some others hurt my heart!

Lately I have hurt and been hurt using and hearing some too direct words! I'm terribly sorry for how I talked and sad for what I heard! :-( :-( :-(

Talking is an art! I'll do all my attempt to learn this art!

"Words can heal or hurt, words can comfort or curse, words can build up or tear down!

Thanks for reading,

Elham
pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Hi Elham,

thanks to write Maria Terasa's poem in EC. I very often reread it and send it to my friends {-; and relatives. It arrived in the right moment.

Today I am going to a 19 years boy's funeral. It took away his own life. He was one of us and we probably haven't done enough to help him and his family.
This is a sad day for my community.

You are right words are important BUT they are not all in communication and it is for this reason that there are so many misunderstanding and pain.

Have a nice day
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi Pawstvih,

Oh, so sad to hear about that young boy. Why did he do so? What was his problem? :-(

Yes, words are not everything but they play a huge role in communications.
Specially for women words mean alot. If men knew how greatly they can impress women by their words, they could change every situation! :-)
If I were a teacher to boys and men someday , I would teach them how a simple sentence is enough for women to make them feel totally differently! Words can help men a lot if they learn how to use them! ;-) {-:

Words are so powerful; I have faith in it. Not only in commiunications, but also in our personal tasks and lives words play a magic role.

It's said that our prophet's dear girl was too tired with house works as they were alooooot and she couldn't do them alone. His husband told her to go to his father and ask him for a servent or somebody to give her a helping hand at home. Although she was too shy, she did it. The prophet (PBUH) rejected her request and said as a prophit's girl you have to be patient and model for others. But the next day he went to her home and thaught her some special words (kind of affirmation) and asked her to repeat them in certain numbers after every prayer and before falling asleep. He believed it helps his daughter!!!!

It seems odd and unbelievable! It seems unreasonable!!! But this is a fact and true! Maybe they have been such a great people who could apply WORDS to help them! But I'm sure words have power!

Thanks for reading,
Elham
pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Hi Elham,

Yes, the power of words is great but USUALLY only when you are weak or you cannot look people in the eyes. Eyes are the mirror of our soul.

People use words to convince a boy that drug is the right solution to all problems
People use words to convince a friend ... and then blackmail and hurt him
People use words to manipulate thinking and control behaviour
People use them to convince people buying useless things and so on…

Thanks God there will be always sincere words to say and to listen , coming from an honest heart!
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on
your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one
who'll decide where to go..."

-- Dr. Seuss
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Behnam,

I'm seeing you online here. So happy to see your name here. How are you?

Hope you have enjoyed your weekend. :-)
Wish you a wonderful week ahaed. :-)

Best wishes,
Elham
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

Thank you for paying attention to my situation on this site!

What does it mean? Does it mean that you have got strong eyes? Why couldn't I see you? Does it mean that I've got poor eyes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see me online, because I don't hide myself! It takes me less than one second to tick a box and to be hidden from sight. However, I dislike to conceal myself. I am brave enough to put my lamp on and say no to uninvited guests!

Sometimes, I directly say no to people who knock the door and then switch the lamp off. I don't want them to be unwelcome guests, because I am insistent on 'NO'!

All the best,
Behnam, 26 May, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Behnam,

Thanks for your friendly kind reply.
How could I post two replys without being online???? I was going to post the first one when I saw both of us online; then I wrote the second to you and even waited for several minutes in the hope that you see it and maybe write sth in response! Could I wait all the night there? Dose closing a window and leaving the computer mean hidding?!!! :-)

By the way, sometimes I prefer and I need to hide myself;I don't call it bravery or sth else. And if someone dose the same to me, I won't judge unless I consider all the possible reasons.

Have a nice day,

Elham
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

friends should understand and tolerate us!

Post by [amal] »

Hi Dear Behnam and Elham,

How are you?

Dear Behnam, I really enjoyed reading your posts, thanks for telling us about your picnic and that you had a nice time there... It was enough for me to make me happy. Oh by the way, did you go there again yesterday??! did you enjoy your time?! Please tell us with more details about your day yesterday...

Dear Elham, I enjoyed reading your story and your posts, thanks for sharing them with us.

Dears, I would like to give you my opinion about your last posts discussion...
I used to keep my messenger status "online" to all my friends and the people on my list but that caused me a lot of troubles especially when I am busy with chatting with a friend about a sensitive or important topic, cause in this situation I don't know how to act or what to say, cause I neither want to say "no" to that person and make them disappointed nor I have time to stay and chat with them. However, that doesn't mean at all that they are not important for me or I don't want to spend my time with them but it's just because I am busy with someone else and they are waiting me...

Moreover, sometimes when I am with someone another common friend come and start to chat with me, and many times I feel confused cause I don't know what that person status is to that common friend, in this situation, I usually don't know how to act or what to say, cause I may make a mistake and cause a misunderstanding between both of my friends... It's really make me feel bad! :-(

On the other hand, when I feel that I am not in mood, I try to avoid chatting with people because sometimes I don't want to share them my sadness or to make them sad with me while they can do nothing to help me.
I prefer to be sad instead of making my dearest people sad about me and my story. Moreover, sometimes, when I am sad, disappointed or crazy; I dislike to show my craziness to my friends cause I don't want them to have this view about me especially when they are great in my opinion and they are too smart and too important for me, I become really shy to chat with them, how can I show them my craziness???!

Therefore, I prefer to be invisible to those people.

To summarize my idea, being available to some friends and invisible to others, doesn't mean that I love or I care about them more than others, it doesn't mean that I don't need their help, it doesn't mean that I don't need their presence in my life cause nobody can take other persons' place in my heart. However, sometimes, several factors lead me to do that...

In general, I think if the person was dear and care about us, then they wont be sad if we are invisible for them. They will understand us and our reasons. Moreover, they themselves may give us many excuses and tolerate our behaviors...

By the way, dear friends, I am visible for you everyday, why don't you come to chat as usual??! :?: :lol: :roll: :-( :-( :-( :-(

For me, I respect your decision whatever it was. If you don't want to chat with me, you are free. It's enough for me to know your news and know that you are happy, I always pray for you and you are always in my mind and heart<3

Love you
Amal
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

Thanks for replying. To be honest, I don't know what you are speaking about. You have posted two posts yesterday evening at about 8:25 pm. At that time I was driving. Therefore, I wasn't at home. There is only one 'Behnam' with my characteristics in the world. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yesterday, I was on the top of the mountain in 'Polur'; singing Turkish songs and picking different vegetables like 'Torshak', 'Piyaz Kuhee', 'Gazane', 'Shang' and so on. :lol: Just to inform you, I got home at about 9 and went directly to the bathroom to shave and take a shower, because the smell of smoke was strong. Therefore, obviously I wasn't online at that time. Perhaps my ID and password on this site are hacked. I don’t know.

Something else should be taken into consideration too. Whenever I get connected and click on 'Internet explorer', 7 sites get opened together. http://WWW.Yahoo.com, http://WWW.google.com, http://WWW.englishclub.com, http://mail.yahoo.com,etc.These are my favourites sites. They are always open when I am on the Net, either I use them or not. For example, sometimes I am reading the news on some webpages, and have nothing to do with others. The other time, I am maybe checking the mailbox and other sites are unused. Particularly, I am always logged in on this site, so as soon as I get connected and start using the Internet people can see me online.

About the last paragraph of your post, well don't compare yourself with me. You are an angel, whereas I am a sinful person. Angels and human beings aren’t comparable. You never judge on people's actions or reactions, but I am judgmental. You consider everything, but my view is narrow, so inevitably, I leave some angles all the time.

You are right. People may hide themselves for some reasons. That's rational and an absolute right at the same time. I've become aware of this right recently. When I am using 'Yahoo messenger', I am invisible to some friends. Well, everything has its expired time. I must give my friends the freedom to get rid of me. I guess my time is over.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 May, 2012

pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Dear Elahm,

you wrote:
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on
your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one
who'll decide where to go..."

Don't you think it is in contradiction with what you wrote about the POWER OF WORDS?

If we are always free to choose, words don't influence our behaviour. Do they?
[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Dear Behnam,

I just read your last post and you said:

"When I am using 'Yahoo messenger', I am invisible to some friends. Well, everything has its expired time. I must give my friends the freedom to get rid of me. I guess my time is over. "

Uh! God! What a sentences!!!!!!! Who decide that your time is over???! Who said that we don't want or need or love to chat with you????! who said that your friends want to get rid of you???! What a thinking!!!!!!!

Forgive me dear to say that, but this time you are WRONG very WRONG!
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Amal,

Many thanks for your post and clarification. Yes, we went on a lovely picnic yesterday. It was wonderful. I may write something about it later.

You are absolutely right, because ladies are always right. Rightness and ladies go hand in hand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

About chatting, I am sorry, I won't bother you anymore. Thank you for tolerating me for quite a long time. That was patient of you indeed.

As a habit, I used to avoid taking part in a social activity or at a party when I was uninvited. I broke that good habit for a while and became naive. That had bad results and negative effects. These days, I'd like to stop wasting my friends' time. When someone is unwelcome, they shouldn't insist on their existence. Frankly speaking, I shouldn't have been that much selfish. I am writing these things just to make myself clear. It was easy for me to be silent, but it is not fair to be silent and to keep people worried. Honesty is the best policy.

You know, being in contact for ages has made me boring. I shouldn't make my friends bored anymore. My time is over.

Thank you for advising me. I always learn a lot from your posts. You know who to start a post and how to finish it. Some people write ironically and sarcastically. You are frank and clear. Thank you very much indeed.

All the best,
Behnam, 26 May, 2012

[amal]
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by [amal] »

Hahahaahaha, funny Behnam, very funny!

When people come online just for you, when they fight all people to just see and chat with you, when just seeing your name online make people happy and give them hope, you can't say that you make your friends bored, it's unfair, for you and them! It really break their hearts!

Your time will never end as long as our hearts are beating, be sure that just when I die, your time and my love to you will end. :-( :-( :-( :-(
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Behnam,

Emmm, maybe I was dreaming last night; seeing you online in this site. That's ok; at least I got soooooo happy to be here with you at the same time and took the chance to say Hello to my dearest friend. :-)

I really wish you wouldn't judge and act that way! :-(

Sorry to bother you,

All the best,
Elham
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi pawstwih,

No, I don't see my posts in contrast to each other.

You are free to decide what to SAY and how to ACT! And you have to wisely choose between words and actions!

What do you mean exactly?!
pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Hi Elham,

You wrote :"the power of words is great", then you said "people has got a brain and can choose".

Maybe I misunderstood but I don't belive in free will if it can really be influenced.
Or, better the Free will exists only in adults, strong and educated.

Probably you weren't speak of communication in chat or forum but in real life. In this case I agree with you; be gentle and use a word instead of another make the difference.

But now, stop philosophize, I am going to have a walk and a big ice-cream. This evening is warm and clear.
I love chocolate and nuts flavour.
Have a nice weekend
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi pawstvih,

You didn't write anything about yourself! Would you mind giving us some information about yourself? For example, what do you do? What's your major(field of study)? Do you live alone or have you started a family?

Do you like ice-cream? Do you often walk alone or do you walk with your dog?

You can find a lot of information about me on this site. If you need details please let me know.

About the paradox and being paradoxical I should say that is common among ladies in all over the world. Men ought to say 'yes' , 'right', 'exactly', 'definitely', 'certainly', 'absolutely', 'sure', 'OK', and similar positive words to women all the time, even though what they are saying seems illogical. As a matter of fact, men must learn how to communicate with women. There are some useful lessons about this issue. As a merely simple example, a man should close the door of his brain(mind and thoughts) firmly, and should put his ears open widely, AND should say 'uhhh, yes, ohhh, really?, great', and things like that frequently. In the world of women those words are interpreted as 'full attention' and 'listening carefully'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know either you are a man or a woman. Therefore, I am not speaking about you or anyone else. I am just expressing my own opinion about people. My opinion can be right or wrong. I am not very stubborn. {-; I just found the situation proper to write some challenging matters. I love challenges very much. Where there is no challenges, there is no life. :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 27 May, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Amal,

Thanks for the reply.

What a fragile heart you've got! Oh my God! I don't know why you ladies think that you are the only creatures who own hearts! Each individual has got a heart. According to some psychologists, men are more fragile than women. Women can cry easily, but men rarely cry. Therefore, you shouldn't interpreted crying as owning a soft heart. {-: {-: {-:

It makes me wonder why women's hearts break and get cracked easily! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, thank you for praising me and paying nice compliments. That's very kind of you.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 May, 2012

behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi Elham,

Thanks for your response. As you know, water clears almost every dirt and remove dirtiness. However, the water goes bad if we keep it for a long time in a container. I don't blame you at all. I blame myself for being steady for a long time. An eagle should fly at the depth of the sky. Being too much close to the ground may damage its wings.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 May, 2012

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi dear Behnam,

You confessed that the problem was not becoming boring at all; it's noticing your wings in danger!

Oh, so sad to hear that you have been forced to come close to the earth and wound your wings! :-( :-( :-(
You are absolutely right; an eagel needs to fly in the depth of the sky, not to waste his time on the earth spending time with little sparrows. I DO agree with you.
On the other hand, sparrows shouldn't expect eagels to make friends with them; they should just watch eagels in the depth of the sky and admire them for their power and great ability to fly at that height.

Hope you enjoy your flight in the sky; remember to fly in the sparrow's sky and let her enjoy you too. :-)

All the best,
Elham
pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Hi Behnam,

This is me:
I am an old teacher. I live with a cat in a big house in the middle of a field.
I spend my time going around with my little car. Telling the true it is not a real car, it is like a motorbike but with 4 wheels and you can drive it also if you haven’t got a driving licence.
I cannot walk very well because I suffer of rheumatism and sometime I lose the right way to go back home. Doctor says this is one of the beginning signs of Alzheimer’s.
These are only some of my infirmities :-(

Once I used to travel but now I cannot do it anymore. I like reading and writing with computer because I can enlarge words as I wish ( you know…my eyes aren’t the same!!)

Now probably you would ask me: Why are you here? Why do you want to learn English?
The answer is very simple.
Two years ago I had a dream. An angel appeared to me and told me to study English because in the OTHER WORLD (hell or heaven) people speak English and it is very important to be able to communicate when you are there. He added that to know English THERE will simplify my life.
I think this is a very good reason to make this effort.

Speaking about the way you can isolate yourself when you are speaking with women I tell you a secret, I did the same with men... hahaha

Have a nice day.
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by behnam »

Hi pawstvih,

Many thanks for your friendly post and expert advice in the last paragraph. It was really useful. To tell you the truth, I am only teasing them. I must be careful not to upset them. However, I am a naughty person. I love playing jokes on my friends. When women are silent, I know how to bring them to speak. Well, in my view, a speaking women(even though she uses rude language and swears) is preferred to a silent one. :lol:

You are a respectful teacher. What do you teach, or what have you taught? Do not call yourself old, because people say 'you are as old as you feel'. Your feelings sound young, so you are young.

Oh, you've got a pet. What's his/her name?

You haven't written anything about your family! Any kids?

About your dream, I should say sometimes the Devil(Satan) wears angels' clothes as well as some makeup to be like an angel. Then he comes to our dreams. Nobody knows what the spoken language is in Heaven, but I am one hundred percent sure that it won't be English. Is there any holy book in English? God has spoken to Adam, Noah, Ibrahim, Moses, Jesus, and Mohammad. However, the language has been different in each case. All people know, It hasn't been English.

I am in a hurry. I have to leave. I will write about this matter more.

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2012

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Friends,

I came back from Challos on Sunday morning , I was left behind many things to do and had no time to come here . I was in Challos for three days , It is difficult for me to talorate the north of Iran , I miss my city and neighborhood and family very soon. I went to Challos because of my friend 's request and I went there unwillingly .My friend have bought a villa beside the Khazar sea in the area called Sard abrood ( it means cold river),it is an area in Challos . We were four men and went to Challos by bus . I have not known that there is direct bus from Esfahan to Challos . It took 13 hour from Esfahan to Challos . We got on the bus at 4 PM and got off the bus at 5 AM in Challos . we went directly to a mosque and did our morning prayer then picked up by a taxi and went to the villa ,have rested for some hours , waked up at 8 o'clock ,had a look around the villa , it was a two bed rooms upstairs and a beautiful big saloon with an open kitchen over looked to the Jangle , It was well equipped with furniture and big sofas and lunch table dinner, TV, evening table on the veranda . We were four man, had different missions , Morteza was technical person , Mohammad was cook and Hassan was cleaning the room and everything. I was a supervisor and when a person had a unsolvable problem , I was called there. First Morteza went to the small room in the parking area to turn on the wall mounted water heater since everybody needed to take a shower . As soon as he went to the small room he cried and asked for help , a black snaked was creeping on the yard , everybody was afraid of the snaked and it was not a good commencing for having a holiday. I was there very soon ,caught the snake with a pitchfork stick ,put it in a box and released it in the Jangle. Everybody was afraid of it ,but I promised them that this kind of snake are not dangerous . Morteza started working on the water heater to turn it on , but he couldn't do it ,because there was a technical problem , I went to help him, we opened the cover of heater . The pilot was not turn on and I set the distance between the fire and thermocouple , so the unit was fixed and we were ready for going to bath. We let Hassan who is scrupulous went to the bath as first one. But while he was in the bath he cried ,telling that there was no water running in the shower, so Morteza went to the bath and open the shower head to fix it , there was a lot of plaster cast which dressed the shower head and did not let the water runs well. I told Hassan to wash his soapy body with water pipe in other side of bath which was mounted for lavatory .Until Morteza fixed the shower head we took showers , it was lunch time and we all went to a restaurant to eat the skewer meat ,veal or chicken . We had four different tastes , first of all Esfahanian people like to eat skewer mutton , and the second one is skewer chicken. Mohammad looked at the kitchen windows where the skewer meat were in different trays and said " it looks the chickens are not fresh and have a bad smell " we should order for veal , of course we did not know whether it was veal or beef . But finally we choose the skewer meat ( beef). I can say that I could not chew the meat and swallow it directly , but Hassan was chewing it for one hour like a camel ,his jaws was shaking .
In the afternoon we went to the seaside ,it was cold yet ,my friends were sitting on the seashore and I went swimming. I told them you are crazy, "how can you miss the swimming in the sea"

Sorry i have no time to continue my report.
All the best
Mohsen
pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

Hi,

It is a pleasure to give you some further information about me. I
pawstvih

Post by pawstvih »

As usual I forget that I must not use the dictionary while I am writing a post. The age...!
I am a teacher and I taught in a Hotelfahschule (how do you say it in English?). I tought to teens how to become a Hotel Director.

My cat's name is Billcates.

I agree with you English as Heaven language sounds very strange but it is not the first dream I had and till now they always told me the truth.
I thought in the Other World people could speak using mind power, without open the mouth. If we have no body, we have no mouth... bahh.... it's a complicated thing.
Nobody can say how are things there and, as I am a careful person, I study English. We never can
tell...

Best wishes
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi Mohsen,

Welcome back,

Thanks for your report. Hope you have enjoyed the trip.

Men know how to have fun and enjoy themselves very well when they are together; specially when there is a funny naughty one with them. Men with sufficient sense of humor always live up the gathering and are able to find sth laughable and comical in every situation; such men are defentely more attractive to women. {-:

I believe men are much more hopeful and optimistic about life in comparison to women. In fact, they SHOULD be so, otherwise they couldn't tolerate the harsh and tought works full of stress outside the home.
Of course, sth so important should be considered here, and that is the women's great role in providing peace of mind and calmness for men. How could men tolerate the life in this world without lovely, soothing and life-giving presence of women??? :roll: Women have made the life sooooo beautiful; what's your idea? ;-)

All the best,
Elham
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi dear Elham,

Hope you are doing fine, the season of picking cheery and apricot have been received ,and you have a chance to enjoy your life more than before, , I bought one kilo cheery today ,but it was finished in jiffy, I could not imagine the feeling of eating cheery, I need at least a box of ten kilos to feel it.
You asked my idea about women , Women have made the life so beautiful, I am sure you know the answer. Have you ever been somewhere between men and you heard something positive about women. Many of men believe that women never been created for having a good life , they say that it is impossible to see a woman who tries to make the life beautiful.
I don't agree with this idea , I can say that there are women and men which made the life beautiful. But where we can find them !!!???????. in the stories!!?? No we should not be hopless
For Example ,My friend Mohammad , when we arrived in Esfahan at 5 , He stayed in Bus terminal until 7 AM and went directly to his office , his wife is working in high school as a superintendent. But I don't know what kind behavior his wife has ,which Mohammad have no willing to see her after 4 days.
Some people have fun when they are together with their friends ,they laugh a lot ,but they are not the same when they are with their family, I don't know why..

All the best,
Mohsen