Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Sahala

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Sahala »

Hi,
I am Sahala. I am Indonesian; and I live in Indonesia. I just joined this forum for learning English writing.I hope you are willing to be my friend and help me.

Sahala
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Setareh,

The Zayandeh-rood river is longest river in Iran. It comes from Charmahal province to Isfahan province. On its way to Isfahan ,the river made several lakes. The largest lake which is near to Isfahan is called the Zayandeh-Rood lake. It is located behind the river dam , 150 km far from Isfahan , near the village of Chadegan, and during the years it was built large amusement complex beside the lake which is belong to different organizations.

Usually in the summer time, many people go there , because it is cold and weather is clear. Generally I go there once in a year , it is a good place for doing sport ,many people playing different sports ,but swimming in the lake is prohibited. I never pay attention to this warning and I go to the lake for swimming ,although every year some people are drowned in the lake ,some people also are fishing beside the lake. At noon the smoke of charcoal goes to air from the different parts of park and people arrange to cook Kabab in front of their building, meat are on the skewers ,also skewers of tomato ,and skewers are put on the brazier . I am always responsible for cooking the lunch, last summer we went there with family ,25 people ,all women helped skewer the meat and I cooked them on the brazier, the youth and children gathered around the brazier ,the smoke and smell of Kabab covered all around. After cooking the food ,while other were eating ,I took photos and film, I reported on the film like the reporter of documentary movie of the secret of survival :-D :-D .
After the lunch people lied down to take the after lunch nap,but I went to lake for swimming with some young people of group.

Have a good time
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Open Sesame #5, haha

Post by Hurieh »

reindeer wrote:

I'm sure it'll not be hard for you to guess the missing phrase.
Dear Andrew,

I wished I was challenged with something else- like playing chess. So, without doubt, I would be the winner of competition... well...Although I still wonder which criteria determines the accuracy of my answer to your riddle, but I like to test my chance. Winking!!!

I had nothing to say, but I could make a great surprise for him as his wife wished...LOL...

Best regards,
Hurieh
Feb 27th/2015
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Hurieh wrote:I had nothing to say, but I could make a great surprise for him as his wife wished...LOL...
Dear Hurieh,

Nice attempt! Thank you!

Just take a look: I intentionally put quotation marks for the last line ( "............"). It means that this line is a direct speech, something that the man has really said. Also, this line is supposed to make a listener (or a reader) to burst in laughter. It's a anecdote, remember? So, it should be a special line. What makes people to burst in laughter? Obviously, something that is not expected, something that can hardly be guessed instantly. To look at things from unexpected angle is the key to humour. Try to find this phrase. I assure you, it is very simple. Actually, you've already got the answer, just read the text carefully.
************************************************************************************************
I can play chess. Back in time, Behnam suggested that he and I played a chess game. We might try to have a tournament. I'll find out how we can do it, ok? Recently my friend invited me to join his chess club.

Best wishes,
Andrew
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I love playing chess!

Post by behnam »

Hi Andrew,

Although I've lost many skills in playing chess, I still wish to play with you. I used to play chess, but I gave up. I really love it. Chess is life and its pieces are the people and events around us. It really reflects life. Life is a game itself. Living is playing that game. It is extremely important how to play and for what? For losing or winning? For a win-win situation or the rival must loss, but at what price? People have different mindsets, outlooks and strategies!

Please inform me if you could manage to find a user friendly site for playing chess.

All the best,
Behnam, 27 February, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Doctrine!

Post by behnam »

Hi friends,

I've put a post in the previous page and I've attached a picture of two birds with that. Please take a look at it and participate in discussion. How can we quantify our feelings?

In this post, I am asking you to write about your doctrine in life. On what doctrine your life is based?

Let's share our views, shall we?

All the best,
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Andrew,

I have different choices to complete the sentence in Sesame 5

"Congratulation, you won a wardrobe from our company and I am here to assemble it for you"

" I was sent here to check the effects of passing trams on wardrobe"

"Excuse me , the people who brought this wardrobe here ,had made a mistake , I was supposed to surprise my wife with the wardrobe when I am sitting inside it ,but I wonder why you open the door"

" you are in front of hidden camera"

Am I close to right answer?
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,

Thanks for your post about beauty , is it a kind of sesame like Andrew?

My idea is that quantifying of apparent beauties are based on the premade criteria in our mind , our mind is created with some standards, generally all standard people believe that mountains ,rivers ,sea ,sky ,stars , trees, flowers, birds are beautiful, there are some exception, nobody say a bat is a beautiful bird,

Regarding the picture , from the side which you took the picture , i say non of them are beautiful ,The art photography is very important for giving beauty to a picture , I say my ducks are more beautiful than these peacocks

All the best,
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Behnam

Post by setareh »

Beauty is a general term. It does not only include outer beauty. It’s a matter of taste. It differs from person to person. When we talk about the beauty of something; the first feature which comes to our minds is outer beauty. So beauty equals attractiveness, pleasure, joyous and usefulness. When you find something attractive or looking at something gives you pleasure and joy, it may seem beautiful to you. It is so vital to know in which content we try to define beauty. For instance if you observed an ugly person (in appearance) struggling to rescue someone from drowning, your first reaction would be, vow! What a brave person! Well done. You would give him applause for his nice and beautiful action. That’s right I called it beautiful action because according to values which are common among all human beings; no matter where they live or what religion they believe in, like any act of altruism, braveness, dignity, integrity, honesty etc , all the acts upon these features are beautiful.
If you are interested in painting, you have some special criteria in your mind in order to call a picture beautiful. For a person who is interested in mathematics, numbers and its fascinating rules seem beautiful. For you, Behnam physics and its amazing rules are beautiful. For me English language is beautiful. Any way I personally like inner beauty most. I believe we gradually get used to outer beauty and It is not going to be the same as it was first. I am not telling the beauty would fade away, no; my point is it will become ordinary. But the inner beauty will last longer and it even highlights the outer beauty. So if I was to quantify the inner and outer beauty my number would be: 40% for outer beauty and 60% for inner beauty.
To answer your question, I think the peacock on the left is more beautiful. This question reminded me of a friend which asked me why male animals are more beautiful than female ones. {-; I asked this question from my family, my husband, my brothers and my sisters. They all have no idea except one of my brothers who thought among humans it is also the same; men are more beautiful than women. :shock: He has the same idea as my friend does. :-D Any way, this question has still remained unanswered in my mind. :roll:
sincerely,
setareh
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Hi Andrew

Post by setareh »

I had nothing to say but SURPRISE! :lol: {-:
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Hi Mohsen

Post by setareh »

Dear Mohsen thanks for your nice description of Zayande-rood Lake and the beautiful picture. It's marvelous. I am sure its one of the places that I want to visit next summer. According to what you said you always eat your meal when it becomes cold so it must not have a good taste as it does , when it was hot , poor Mohsen. :-( You record the beautiful moments for them. Well done. :-D
wish you the most
setareh
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Dear Setareh,

you're incredible! You really made me laugh! You didn't guess it right, but your version is great. I imagine this guy shouting "surprise!" in the puzzled face of the husband. After this he'll probably be beaten hard, but It's worth to applaud standing {-: {-: {-:

Now, read my post to Mohsen :arrow:
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Mohsen wrote:"Congratulation, you won a wardrobe from our company and I am here to assemble it for you"
"I was sent here to check the effects of passing trams on wardrobe"
"Excuse me , the people who brought this wardrobe here ,had made a mistake , I was supposed to surprise my wife with the wardrobe when I am sitting inside it ,but I wonder why you open the door"
" you are in front of hidden camera"
Very nice Mohsen!

You didn't give me the right answer, but it doesn't matter! The matter is that you and Setareh are doing it exactly what I want you to do, i.e., to make fun of this game.

Now, to the point: this damned right answer is supposed to be as plain and stupid as possible, in the described situation. Any man in this situation is expected to start justifying himself, give explanations, and so on. Nobody expect him to tell the truth plain and stupid. The guy just gives the direct answer to the question "Man, what are you doing here?" Do you follow me?
Okay, you may do one more try. If needs, I'll give you the correct answer tomorrow.

Enjoy,
Andrew
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Interesting!}:

Post by behnam »

Mohsen wrote:Regarding the picture , from the side which you took the picture , i say non of them are beautiful ,The art photography is very important for giving beauty to a picture , I say my ducks are more beautiful than these peacocks
Hi Mohsen,

Thank you very much for answering to the question, although it was done half jokingly.

I am hopeless at photo-taking. I am not saying that I am as good as you in taking photos. Certainly, that is an art. But, unfortunately, I am not an artist. However, this doesn't lessen the importance of the question. The photo is taken from those birds in a garden. These birds are wild animals, in comparison with your lazy duck! You shouldn't compare these birds with your duck. By the way, beauty is not centered on their faces. Therefore, it doesn't matter if you take their photos from back or front. As a matter of fact, the tail of the colourful peacock is much beautiful than its other places.

I don't argue with you. That's OK. I respect your view. I am attaching two new photos of those birds. I hope this time they will make you satisfied.

Which of the them is beautiful and why? Please compare these two birds with each other. I am not asking which bird in the world is beautiful. Surely, your duck was the answer, in case I'd asked you what the most beautiful bird in the world is. :lol: {-: :lol:

All the best,

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

...and live happily ever after.

Post by reindeer »

You just have no idea what real passion can do with you!!
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Behnam,
My two ducks have name ,Shahla and Kambiz.

Shahla and Kambiz are not lazy at all , they are lucky couple and loyal , if one of them hide for a minute ,the uproar of her spouse deafens my ear. They lie with each other several times in a day and instantly they go to water after intercourse , you see how intelligence and agile they are. They go under water ,wash their body, play there and clean their body.
Their output is one egg per day, if a foreigner approaches the house they start to uproar.

Anyway thank you for new pictures. I choose the white one, because it is like a woman who wears a wedding dress when white peacock opens her tail but the dark-blue one is beautiful too because its feather is shinning.
As you said peacock is beautiful ,because of its tail , but I think beauty of head is more important than beauty of tail , what is your idea?

Good night
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Andrew, his face seems that he is not wanton but a meek male cat , I got from his mustachio
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Yessssssss!
But he's maaaaaaad of it! The sausages.
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Check it out

Post by setareh »

Hi friends, see how many of these expressions look familiar or you can guess the meaning.
I’ll take the fifth.
Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.
To add insult to injury, they didn’t even say thank you.
I am all at sea with out her.
He is always throwing his weight around.
Somebody’s bark is worse than their bite.
Dad has got a bee in his bonnet about saving electricity.
Many happy returns.
Give somebody the benefit of the doubt.
Have seen better days.
Once bitten, twice shy.
Be in the red.
Be in the black.
Good luck,
setareh
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Hurieh

Post by setareh »

Dear Hurieh , its so nice reading from you. I Love your posts and the way you write. I hope you could participate more. . I did mount climbing two times. Once when it was winter, the path was full of snow, so beautiful! The other time it was summer. Mount climbing needs a lot of energy. While you are going up, at some point you feel like that’s it I cant go further, but after taking some rest you could keep going. It’s so rewarding when you reach the summit looking down and enjoying the view from the top. You are also proud of yourself that finally you could make it. No need to say that its benefits for health are innumerable. I wish we could do it more.
My husband worked in men’s surgery unit and also neonatal unit, but now he is the supervisor.
wish the best,
setareh
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re:Re: Open Sesame #5, haha

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Andrew,

So many thanks for your nice puzzle. Actually, your puzzle aroused our friends’ sense of humor and made me laugh. I also enjoyed following our friends’ posts regarding your post--dear Setareh and Mohsen. I was worried that you would reveal the answer of it sooner. So, I’m about to test my last chance A.S.S.A.P (as soon and simple as possible), and let this puzzle keep going. Here goes,

I had nothing to say but: "It’s a secret!"

Dear Andrew, it’s great you have a finger in playing chess too. I was an obsessive player of chess and video games (play station) when I was around 20. I really like to find a chance to play once again.

Regards,
Hurieh
Feb 28th/ 2015
Hurieh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Setareh!

Post by Hurieh »

Dear Setareh,

So many thanks for your nice words. Reading your posts, I guess we have a lot in common. As I mentioned before I do love mount climbing. Unfortunately, it's quite a long time I haven't gone to a mount. I hope it'll happen to us in coming days.

setareh wrote:
This question reminded me of a friend which asked me why male animals are more beautiful than female ones. Blah.Blah.Blah. Any way, this question has still remained unanswered in my mind. :roll:
In wild life, male animals are supposed to attract females. So they must show off their qualifications as much as they can to keep their generation. I don’t know how far this claim is true-–especially in today’s world, but it’s opposite among human beings.
By the way, are men more beautiful than women? It can be a good controversial topic to discuss- but with respect to man's right.

I’m in a hurry. I’ll participate in your discussion as often as I can-- Inshaallah.

Regards,
Hurieh
Feb 28th/ 2015
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi All

Post by Kamelia »

How are you? Hope you are doing fine. I saw the announcement in my email and thought I would participate in the discussion of beauty, since it is a general topic and a "beautiful" one. Thank you lovely Behnam for the troubles you underwent to send the emails :-)

I could not read all the posts, but I read some of them and I cannot say I did not enjoy. People here are of a variety of ideas; nevertheless, all of them are brilliant and worth pondering.

Now here is mine...when I was a teenager I felt like everything was absolute, that every adjective was firm and that what people older than me or more educated than me thought and believed was the golden rule. I thought human attributions like beauty, ugliness, knowledge and power were fixed, like nobody could change them if a person in higher positions determined them.

Well now..what do I think now? I believe in the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" more than ever. It might seem like a motto, but to me it is the truth itself. :-D :-D I have seen people loving and taking care of an iguana, watching it eating its meal with a strong enthusiasm as if it were their own child. The scene might seem ugly to some but it still is beautiful to its owner, right?

More than that, I think that everything has the potentiality to be beautiful to some people (if we take beautiful as both a positive and negative word), but I think the only ugly thing in the world is to force someone to see something beautiful, which is not even tolerable to them.

I really wish I am clear enough, because my mind is so busy these days. I just don't find any way to relax this hodge-podge of a factory :shock: :-D

Wish you all the best,

Kami
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

the answer to Open sesame #5

Post by reindeer »

"Hey man, what are you doing here?" -
"Why, I'm waiting for a tram!"

Thank you guys that you've taken part in my game! I hope it'll be continued. Now I must go for a gig.

Bye bye,
Andrew
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Hurieh

Post by Kamelia »

How are you? Long time no see. How is it going?

I was reading through the posts and then I saw your last post to me and could not stop my embarrassment, since you had asked me a question about Marquez and I had totally forgot to answer that. I really hope that you would accept my sincere apologies.

Lovely Hurieh, I sometimes even forget myself. I feel like I need more hours, 24 is not enough :-D Regarding your question first of all I must say that It is not only you who does not read novels, but I got some friends, who study PhD of Nursing (nursing? I forgot the term) and none of them express any interest in reading novels except the Donyaye Sufi (have you read this?), which is becoming highly popular among people who are getting more and more interested in reading about philosophy and how it all begun. Tell you what, these friends of mine are knowledgeable and educated like you, so the area of studies for them hovers around scientific articles, magazines and pdf publications. Well for me..It is a little bit different, I HAVE to get familiar with novels, drama, poetry and also their critiques so...there I go :-D :-D

Regarding Marquez...first things first, I love him LOL, but putting biases aside, I think he is very talented in weaving different story lines together and then showing them off to the reader as if it were a piece of cake for him to write it. His One Hundred Years of Solitude is a masterpiece, but it is fairly long and the Farsi version would not really help, since you would get confused with all the names and family names which are all alike. Yet, I highly recommend Love in the Time of Cholera ( :-D ) which is a good start to Marquez (the English version's available in Jungle Publishers) aaaand it is not that long to confuse :-D

One more thing, Marquez is all about love, colors, magical yet real scenes (magical realism), and great story lines which remind one of the old nana's tales. :-D :-D

I wrote a lot..so sorry,

Best,

Kami
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi Sahala!

Post by behnam »

Hi Sahala,

Welcome to this place. Thank you for joining us. Indonesians are good English speakers. I've met some Indonesians in the Englishclub chat room. They were good at English. Please participate in discussion actively.

Please write about the last topic which about the definition of beauty in your idea and your criteria. After defining beauty, please choose one of the birds-in the attached photos in previous posts- which meets your criteria and then looks more beautiful to your eyes.

I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 28 February, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Thank You Friends.(continued)

Post by Mohsen »

By the way, in my opinion, you treat your lovely wife a bit like newly-weds. I confess I’ve never met a man like you in person. But a friend of mine says that her husband has such personality. She says :” He’s extremely kind to me. He usually buys (قاقا لی لی ) for me and treats me like a small kid. In return, I try to offend him most of the time, since I’m fed up with this situation. I like to see his seriousness and manish manner, but he deprives me.”
Hurieh
Feb 26th/ 2015

Hi Hurieh,
Thanks a lot for your post and your brilliant idea, I wrote this post last night , but I went to sleep , finally I put it in my draft box before going to bed to check it today , I send it now from my office before going for noon prayer.

The relationship between a couple will be forming after marriage step by step , generally the first two years of common life is not real life ,or it is the real life, during the first two years there is such a powerful physical and spiritual attraction between the spouses that they don't mind to differences ,difference of opinion ,difference of taste ,style .. ,differences are pale until the fire of love is flaming. In this way when the fire of love become cold ,the differencies in any aspects start flaming. My friend who has a child divorced her wife in the same way , when his wife wanted to continue her PHD at university ,he disagreed ,and his wife told him " Honey I love my study more than you ,so it is better to separate from you" and my friend agreed , so they separate from each other and the child is living with my friend , recently he found a new girl, she has MS in aerospace , the same as my friend and she is conversant with literature and poetry ,and they got married , at present the love is firing , heart and kidney is giving and taking, I don't know what will happen for this poor child when this fire became cold .
Another friend of mine, we called him Black Hassan and now he is teaching in one of university out of Iran. He wanted to choose a girl for living ,a girl with following terms , very white skin ( because he was black ) , tall as giraffe ( because his mother was very short and his father suffered for it ) educated ,and not from Isfahan. Finally he found his prances ,she was the girl of an army general and they got married , Black Hassan was very well disciplined, serious and ordered ,at first the fire love was flaming , black and white were mixed ,and fortunately the fertilization was fruitless , the white girl who had been grown up near a General , hated a discipline life, she like to play with her husband without any stress and order, especially when black Hassan start learning English for going aboard ,and he took part in English class after coming home from his work office, and he practice at night by listening audio and satellite channels. He had no time for his wife, Finally his wife separated from him , now she has a florist's shop , I bought a beautiful vase of flower from her last month , she seemed older .
I have many stories, one of them is very funny ,but my fear is that one day , they come here and read their story in this forum, then I don't know what will happen for me.
Having harmony in life is very important , if the two sides becomes inclined to continue their common life ,they should overlook their wills , their faults , if you succeed in life with playing like kid , go head in this way , if you see that being serious is more worked ,so go ahead with seriousness . The most important thing is that two side have the same understanding and aim , the details is important , but we have a proverb which say " he is bald but he has a good voice"

All the best
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Chess

Post by reindeer »

Dear Hurieh and Behnam,

I invite you to chess.com. The best is the enemy to the good, isn't it, Behnam? ;-) The matter is, Behnam and I signed up there six years ago. For some reason, we have never played against each other.

All you have to do is create an account (or log in), and click 'live chess'. Also, you may set your preferences, such as time of game and rate range (level of your would-be opponent). After this you may play online against random participant. If you want to play against certain person, you tell your nicknames to each other and schedule the meeting.
My nick is 'Andrew57', and I like playing ten minute game.

Waiting for your reply,
Andrew
p.s. Hurieh, don't you mind if I send you a PM?
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Isn't it افراط or تفریط?

Post by behnam »

Mohsen wrote:They lie with each other several times in a day and instantly they go to water after intercourse , you see how intelligence and agile they are.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? }: }: }:
Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for your interesting posts. I read all of your posts carefully.

I'm sure some friends will argue with me about quoting that sentence from one of your posts. I am, personally, a naughty man, and look at things naughtily. I am also famous for playing with words. However, I don't know why when reading this sentence I almost sweated of embarrassment! You may not believe it. You may think Behnam is adding to its پیاز داغ , but God knows I am telling you the truth. You may say; "Behnam, you yourself has written many immoral things.." You may give some addresses to prove that I am not a man of moralities. Yes, I don't claim to be a man of moralities. But, I don't know why your sentence made me-impolite man- embarrassed and red-faced! }: }: }: I am really sad. You may say بدرک That's Ok! I wanted to show you my sadness. No matter how you think and reply!

Dear Mohsen, You are a man of religion. You are my reference in political and religious issues. I often use your opinions when discussing with my colleagues about political items. I have great respect for you and your views. Please help me keep this thread nice, safe, and friendly. Please notice; I don't mean I am an ideal person. No, never! I have got many faults. I think of you as my older brother, and always look forward to your advice.

Sorry if I sound critic.

All the best,
Behnam, 1 March, 2015
ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
skystar

Post by skystar »

Hi Behnam. Thanks for your nice topic.

Beauty has different meaning to different people. By beauty we mean either inner or outer beauty. However, usually when we say sb or sth is beautiful we mean outer beauty. Beauty is a relative concept. That's why sth that my look beautiful to sb is not beautiful in some one else's eye. things differently because we have different world view. If we believe in inner beauty I think every thing that God has created is beautiful. But if we consider outer beauty it's not like that esp about human beings. Some people are more beautiful than the others. In my opinion, to be beautiful is the matter of being attractive due to having specific colour, shape, ganization or esp the feeling we have when we see sth. I love the one on the right because I feel good when I see it.
Last edited by skystar on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

:!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:
I read my last post tonight, but I was not written well , there are many mistakes in it , sorry for it , dear Hurieh I apologize for it.
In the story of Black Hassan I used a mistake word " Finally he found his prances" I meant princess not prances, means his desired girl
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

My dear friend Behnam ,
sorry for your sadness :shock: :shock:
but I know why you put a part of my writing on top of your post {-: {-: ,you are a real naughty man .

rub the oil on your body ,you need a service.My friends know that why you choose this part of my writing , they answer it to you.

Dear Friends , please judge it , did I write an impolite sentence, Does the scientific writing about animal behavior is impolite . please consider that English words may have several meanings.

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
skystar

Post by skystar »

Hi Behnam

I just changes my mind when I saw the new pic. {-;
Last edited by skystar on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skystar

Post by skystar »

Hi Sahala,

Welcome !

w
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome

Post by setareh »

Hi dear Sahala,
Welcome to this wonderful thread. :-D would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself like your education, your job, your hobbies or any thing you like. We are looking forward to reading from you.
wish you the best
setareh
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Isn't it افراط or تفریط?

Post by reindeer »

What is acceptable to post on this forum and what isn't?

There are very few simple board rules in the forum (look at the top of the page). When you sign up, you're a priori considered to be sane and responsible person, and so able to follow the norm accepted in international society. No rules can define the exact words you may say in public. The words that are not allowed just will not display, automatically! I believe we all aware of it and avoid using them. On the other hand, there is no need make English sterile. I don't see any reason to rummage a dictionary for a replacement of simple words, such as sex or sexual intercourse. In my opinion, these words are innocent unless the context is abusive. We shouldn't confuse prudence with puritanism. Remember, some people may regard their goal learning real English, not its disinfected extract.

All the best,
Andrew

p.s. Mohsen, you are found innocent!
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Check it out

Post by reindeer »

setareh wrote:Hi friends, see how many of these expressions look familiar or you can guess the meaning.
I’ll take the fifth. :nok:
Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time. :nok:
To add insult to injury, they didn’t even say thank you. :ok:
I am all at sea with out her. :nok:
He is always throwing his weight around. :nok:
Somebody’s bark is worse than their bite. :ok:
Dad has got a bee in his bonnet about saving electricity. :ok:
Many happy returns. Nope!
Give somebody the benefit of the doubt. Nope!
Have seen better days. Yep!
Once bitten, twice shy. Nope!
Be in the red. Nope!
Be in the black. Nope!
Good luck,
setareh

Hi Setareh,

I've marked the phrases :ok: for "yes, I know this one" and :nok: for "I've no idea". So my score is 4 out of 13
Will you tell me the meaning of the rest?

Andrew
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elham »

Hi Mohsen,

How are you? how are your ducks? Hope the lovely couple are enjoying themselves happily. :-D

Dear Mohsen, I'm going to give my own opinion about your sentences. I read Behnam and Andrew's opinion...they can both be right...I don't know what the fact is...if that description of you from your ducks was right or not...I'm just going to give my opinion....When I read your sentences, I was shocked and said " OH MY GOD"....what's the point of such description? What's been Mohsen's intention to mention his ducks' intercourse?
To be honest, I didn't find your sentences beautiful...they lye with each other and wash themselves after it...
It was nice if you mentioned they love each other...they make love...but....

Emmm, you said it's been a scientific point! Yes? Really? Did you really said it to make a scientific point clear to us? If so, I accept that there's nothing wrong with your sentences....NOTHING.....

After reading Andrew's post I thought why not? Mohsen could describe his ducks' actions as he wants....but thinking more I agree with Behnam...I don't know why when I read your post I felt embarrassed as a girl in this thread....

Anyway....let's forget it....
Take care of your beautiful birds :-)

All the best,
Eli
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

SCORE 1 : 2

Post by reindeer »

Mohsen!

Mo-o-ohse-e-n!

Sir, you're sinking! Aboriginals keep throwing rocks toward the boat. Needs to do something.
One more attack, and it'll start ducking.
So, keep your lols safe, captain. It's for real. Aboriginals don't want you to teach them breeding geese and ponies. They want you to shoot down your cattle and come out with the raised hands. What's you up to, cap, fight or negotiation? If I were you, I would choose the latter.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Sorry man,

No more sea, no more cooking! Are you looking for a crew? Take some other people - there are a lot of 'em here. They're all young, agile and ambitious. Andrew's old and absentminded. After all, I'm suffering from, well, it doesn't matter. If you wanna play, say, domino, then I'm yours! Okay, I better move to bed, or otherwise I'll start seeing tiny pink rabbits soon.

Bye,
see you later cap,
Andrew, resigned cook
setareh
Rising Star
Rising Star

Answers

Post by setareh »

Hi friends, check the answers:
I’ll take the fifth: according to Fifth Amendment to the US Constitution, you can refuse to answer questions when you get arrested in order to avoid incriminating oneself.
Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time: if you can not tolerate being in prison, don’t do the crime.
To add insult to injury, they didn’t even say thank you: to make a bad situation worse for someone who has already treated badly.
I am all at sea without her: to be confused or not sure what to do.
He is always throwing his weight around: to use your authority to tell people whatto do in an unpleasant way.
Somebody’s bark is worse than their bite: used to say that someone who seems unpleasant or difficult to deal with is not really too bad.
Dad has got a bee in his bonnet about saving electricity: to think something is so important, so you keep thinking about it.
Many happy returns: used to wish someone happiness on their birthday.
Give somebody the benefit of doubt: to accept what someone tells you, even though you think they might be wrong but you can not be sure.
Have seen better days: to be in a bad condition.
Once bitten, twice shy: used to say that if you have failed or been hurt once, you will be more careful next time.
Be in the red: to owe more money than you have.
Be in the black: to have money in your bank account.
Dear Andrew, thanks for taking part.
Wish the best,
setareh
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

I would like to give my condolences regarding the days of mourning of martyrdom of Hazrat Fatima Zahra (sa), the beloved daughter of Prophet Mohammad (may peace be upon him),
Fatima (S.A.) was brought up and trained in the family of Prophet (P.B.U.H) and took advantage and share of the knowledge and wisdom of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) She heard the recitation of Quran from the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) and learnt it by heart, and got busy with the idea and concept of self training and becoming a complete and real human.
She extremely loved her honorable father and the Holy Quran. She took advantage and portion from the blessings of her father's existence. These were the perfections due to which the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) loved her to the extreme.
Prophet (P.B.U.H.)used to say repeatedly, "Fatima (S.A.) is a piece of me, whosoever tortures her he has tortured me, and whoever pleases her has pleased me." One day, the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) of Islam said, "Oh Fatima God gets pleased on your being pleased and gets furious due to your unhappiness and displeasure"
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Chess, sir!

Post by reindeer »

Dear Behnam,

I found this while sorting out old stuff in the attic. Just thought we might make use of it.
Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star

BEAUTY

Post by Elham »

Dear Behnam,
You had asked about beauty......

I was looking for a proper time to sit, think deeply about my idea about beauty and write about it but right now sth happened and brought me here writing this post without any plan.
Tonight , at this very moment that I'm writing this post, I'm filled with beauty....How can I put it into words? I'm feeling and ohhhhhhh I found the word, YES, I'M LIVING THE BEAUTY at this moment...right now
Beauty should be lived... like what I'm experiencing now....

Thankfully, God loves me...thankfully he loves me and has made me familiar with beauty...he's given me enough beauty to feel and live ...I know what beauty is....and I always want him more and more ....more and more and more beauty.....

Beauty was some minutes ago when I had sat in front of my dad looking at his eyes...he was speaking ... and I was immersed in loving him....I looked at him and told myself " Elham, look at him... look at him....who knows how much more you are going to live with him ...look at this man whom without him you couldn't be alive...look at the man who has cared about you more than anybody else in the world....look at him and breath the air he's breathing too...."

Beauty is me myself...I have opened one of my pictures and before coming here I had stared at myself....I was enjoying my beauty...my beautiful eyes...my lovely smile...I love myself.... I'm beautiful... why should I admire such and such beautiful actress or model every day but not myself???? Beauty is Elham and her pure and full of love heart....

Beauty is kindness....oh my god... just god knows how MUCH I love kindness and see it beautiful....have you ever seen anything more beautiful than kindness???????????? I haven't seen...beauty is caring about others.... beauty is making others happy.. beauty is showing another person that you think of him/her...that you miss him/her...that you care about his/her life and mood...beauty is loving others....

Beauty is you and your loyal awesome friendship in which I take pride .... ;-)

Beauty is these tears on my cheeks now.... oh godddd...what went in your mind when you decided to create tears? Were you in love too? How could you create such a gentle beautiful heart-healing water that comes out of eyes? WOWWWWWW....Have you ever noticed it?Have you ever noticed the beauty of crying? Beauty is now on my cheeks coming down one after another....

Beauty is night and the peace it brings with itself... beauty is sun and its warmness...beauty is rain and it's life-giving power....beauty is the trees full of wonderful blossoms after a hard cold winter...beauty is the little sparrows singing beautifully on the branches ...beauty is that magical soul-lifting sound of water while flowing on the ground...
My list can go on and onnnn....Till tomorrow morning I can sit here and add to my list...beauty is my fingers pressing these keys...beauty is this calming song I'm listening to...beauty is this thread and having the chance to write this beautiful post... :-)

But above all:

BEAUTY IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
Beauty is what I have in my heart now....this gentle feeling that fills my soul and takes me to somewhere out of this world...where I see nothing but beauty....I close my eyes and let the beauty flow in my vessels like blood...

Beauty is GOD....The creator of Elham...the creator of father and mother...the creator of kindness, friendship,tears,night,sun,rain,trees,sparrows,water,

Beauty is GOD...THE CREATOR OF LOVE.......

Smile beautifully please,
Beautiful Eli ;-)
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

What this Eva of a horse is reading?!

Post by reindeer »

Mohsen, I believe you'll be pleased seeing this meek mammal consuming knowledge assiduously (a reference to a discussion on the page 109)
Kamelia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi Ellie

Post by Kamelia »

How are you? Ellie jooniii, you don't know how happy you make me everytime your share your feelings, or post something as delightful and fresh as the one you have this time.

I like your positive attitude. I really think your friends are the happiest people, because they have you. Your power in showing how velvety your heart is, is magical :-) :-)

I actually read your post last night while I was so tired, and could not think of rough stuff anymore. You can't imagine what a relief it was reading something as smooth and shiny like that. Congratulations :-D

Write more, so that I can enjoy more,

Love,

Kami
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

There are very few simple board rules in the forum (look at the top of the page). When you sign up, you're a priori considered to be sane and responsible person, and so able to follow the norm accepted in international society.
Andrew ,the norm of international society is OK ,but I respect to other’s believes and idea and consider it in my writing even if the norm of international society allows me to write or say it. That is the fact that has kept this forum for long time. There are many differences in believes and customs in societies, so the international norm doesn’t speak about customs and believes in details, it is happened that we didn’t know where the red line was, and if someone broke the red line a little ,others notified him ,because here all member friends.

Dear Andrew I was in your sand box and you always gave me your shovel to load my truck, thank you ,but this time I think you are against me ,because you have resigned from the galley , and now you put the picture of this burly filly addressed to me to make fun of my little duck

what should I do with my bleak future :cry: :cry:
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Elham,

I remember once I was visiting a Zoo , There were two lions behind the bars and they were making love ( I change the word to decrease the degree of sensitiveness ) , many people ,men women , girls, boys , children were watching the scene and many of them were taking film by their mobiles. I instantly left that lion sector , because I thought that watching this scene beside the girls and women is a sin , although according to Islamic instruction watching animals who making love is abominable ,unless for scientific study .

Dear Elham, You are an educated girl with M.S. degree from Isfahan Industrial University , I don’t know if you've read about animal and plant fertilization (عمل لقاح)in high school , there are some courses in biology about it , also you will be soon marry with nice and wise boy, you will be taken to several learning class, they teach people in that class to learn about a kind of relation with their husband ( because of shock I can’t use words) , in that class ( girl and boys beside each other ) people will see many learning movies ,and power points.

What's been Mohsen's intention to mention his ducks' *****?
When Behnam called my duck lazy ducks , I wrote a sentence about their behaviour , Animal life is only limited to some activities , the most important one is fertilization ,for me the wonderful activity of duck was that they wash themselves after that *** , it is like human , I wrote it how they are intelligence and agile , I defended them because they are not lazy , because lazy creation doesn't wash themselves :-) :-)

All the best
Mohsen
Last edited by Mohsen on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Isn't it افراط or تفریط?

Post by Mohsen »

Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for your interesting posts. I read all of your posts carefully.

I'm sure some friends will argue with me about quoting that sentence from one of your posts.
Hi Behnam,
How are you, I was busy this days ,because I should be in the mosque at night and early morning to prepare some facilities for ceremony of Fatemiah , so I was late to answer ,also it was no argument ,except , Andrew and Elham , Please come back the ocean is calm and all people are in good health.

B.W
Mohsen
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani