Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, EC, Dixie

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Happy Ramadan!

Postby behnam » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:34 am

Hi friends,

First of all, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell all Muslim friends a friendly 'Happy Ramadan!'. I am not in a position to give speech about Ramadan like what religious men(clerics) do, or to write poems about it. I merely say: Please pray for me-remember me-when you are breaking your fasting. In particular, I ask female friends for praying, because God is male and then puts them first. This is what we men do when interacting with ladies. A man is often kinder to women than to other men. Why? I don't know! Do you think God take men and women equal? Give reasons! :lol: :-D :lol:

Dear Mohsen, I am not good at history, but some facts are not deniable. I believe, Safavi kings provided opportunities to genius people to design and manage important projects like 'Aleeghapu', 'Monarjonban', etc. in that era. If you have a different view, I respect it. By the way, I am originally from Azerbaijan, and as everybody, I am proud of my motherland. It is your right to be proud of yourself and your city too. As a matter of fact, every individual MUST feel proud of his/her nation, otherwise s/he cannot justify having a sense of belonging to the culture in a society.

Dear Shaghayegh, so many thanks for replying. Neither am I exaggerating, nor am I paying some nice compliments to make you happy. but your English is excellent. You write beautifully and effectively. As far as I'm concerned, your English is much better than that of mine. It is so nice to know that you like this thread and have intended to stay here until the time the site is active. How long have you been learning English? I hope we will help each other make good progress in our English skills.

About the forums, I am sure every site has its special rules and limits. For example, politics and religion are two heated topics. I speak from a bitter experience. Discussing political and religious issues always creates tension, hostility, and hatred which all result in unnecessary fights. We should avoid them. In addition to that, writing about immoral things is not acceptable. Degrading a nation, a culture, a person, a ceremony, an opinion, a philosophy, etc. is not reasonable. However, giving constructive criticism is appreciated and valuable.

There is a fine line between criticizing and degrading! In many cases, it is quite difficult to mind the line between them. I am personally one of the careless people when it comes to minding that delicate line between constructive criticism and degrading! This is one of my thousand weaknesses!

Dear other friends, please join us in discussing some topics. I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
Shaghayegh
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Rasht

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Shaghayegh » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 am

[amal] wrote:Hi Shaghayegh,

How are you?

Thanks for your reply, I love to read from you.

I am female from Damascus- Syria.

I understood what you wrote to Behnam because we had have the same feelings. After closing the old Let's learn together, I've lost a lot of friends. However thank god that my best friends are still here with me. -Elham and Behnam- :roll: :-)

Today is Ramadan, I want to wish you happy days. can I ask you about your custom. Do you make special food for the first day? Do you visit your relative?

Wish you the best.
Amal

Hi Dear Amal;
I'm fine and what about you?

Unfortunately I receive very bad news from your country ,everyday :-( I really hate of war and I think war is the final solution for human problems. Albeit if I can, I would say that it is not a human being solution. When I see mans killed by mans for no reason or foolish reasons and among this foolish war just many many innocent men,women and children are died and again will die, I depress and sad!

However, Dear Amal;
How about you city and neighborhood?Is there safe?

I really wish to see your beautiful and ancient country again in peace. War just leave ravages and full of corpses ceremonies.

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

It is good to correct ourselves!

Postby behnam » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:01 am

Dear Shaghayegh,

Hi again. I just saw your last post. You have suggested some new structures and corrected some mistakes. That's wonderful! However, they are not some big mistakes. Many of them are matters of taste. You convey a message in a sentence, but someone else may use other words to transfer the same message.It is only a matter of taste! They aren't mistakes.

For example, in your sentence
Shaghayegh wrote:administrator decided to close many popular and even scientific ,historic ,art ... threads and ban many users.


I prefer this one:
The administrator decided to close many popular and even scientific ,historic ,arty,etc. threads and banned many users.

Or even this simple one:
The administrator closed some popular threads and banned many active users!

Meanwhile, more importantly, it should be mentioned that 'popular, scientific, historic' are all adjectives, but 'art' is a noun, so according to a famous grammatical rule-I guess it is named parallelism, or something like that, I am not sure about the name-it is not correct to use 'art'. It must be an adjective like 'arty'!

Dear Shaghayegh, I am not correcting you. I just wanted to say that being too much obsessed with our sentences and words may have negative impacts on our skills. It may discourage us! Keep on writing. The most important purpose of learning a language is making conversation and communication with people. You are doing it perfectly.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
Mohsen
Gold Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Dear Muslim friends,
Happy Ramadan to you.

The Holy Quran refers to two features of fasting in Ramadan: mental and practical. These are like the wings of a bird on which man flies through the heavenly space of spirituality in the month of Ramadan.

B.W

User avatar
Mohsen
Gold Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Dear Behnam,

During the history, Esfahan has been the cradle of civilization, if you look at the history of Jameh mosque which is the largest mosque in Esfahan , it comes back to 1000 year ago . Esfahan never had army to defend against aggressors. It was a city like Switzerland , attractive and land of art and industry. So many people desired to capture this beautiful city and during its long history many kings attack to Esfahan. I agree with you that everybody should have feeling about his city , but I am an exceptional , because I am not interested in a piece of lands , because the lands thoroughly were made by God ,also nobody has option to be born in Esfahan or Azarbiajan or Japan or USA ….

Good Luck
Mohsen

User avatar
Mohsen
Gold Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Mohsen wrote:Hi ,

Oh my God , I am always in dilemma, in daily life dilemma happens for us , may be I choose a wrong way, from investing money or help people. Once I had invested my money to buy the shares of a company , the company was bankrupted and I lost my money , Once a beggar asked me for help , I didn't help him because in my view he was not a real beggar but a fraudulent .
When we save a life ,it is possible that we made a mistake , look at the following story

Some of children were playing, They were playing exactly on the two railway tracks, one still in use while the other disused. Only one child played on the disused track, the rest on the operational track.
The train is coming, and you are just beside the track interchange. You can make the train change its course to the disused track and save most of the kids. However, that would also mean the lone child playing by the disused track would be sacrificed. Or would you rather let the train go its way?
Let's take a pause to think what kind of decision we could make...



Most people might choose to divert the course of the train, and sacrifice only one child. You might think the same way, I guess. Exactly, I thought the same way initially because to save most of the children at the expense of only one child was rational decision most people would make, morally and emotionally. But, have you ever thought that the child choosing to play on the disused track had in fact made the right decision to play at a safe place?
Nevertheless, he had to be sacrificed because of his ignorant friends who chose to play where the danger was. This kind of dilemma happens around us everyday. In the office, community, in politics and especially in a democratic society, the minority is often sacrificed for the interest of the majority, no matter how foolish or ignorant the majority are, and how farsighted and knowledgeable the minority are. The child who chose not to play with the rest on the operational track was sidelined. And in the case he was sacrificed, no one would shed a tear for him.

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

How To Develop Motivation in Your Everyday Life

Postby behnam » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 am

How To Develop Motivation in Your Everyday Life

First, let's find out what the importance of motivation exactly is. Simply put, motivation is that driving force which allows you to achieve your goals and go after what you want in life. If you want to change your personality for the better, get a promotion at work, start a new habit, be a better person who is part of the community, become a better parent for your kid – all of these things would be easier accomplished if you are properly motivated.

As long as you have a strong personal motivation, you can achieve almost anything that you want from life. However, remember not to fall into the trap of looking for short-cuts to achieve your goals. It's perfectly fine if you have to take a long and winding road to achieve your goal. It will be an even sweeter victory when you finally achieve your goal, knowing that you have had to go through several hurdles to attain it.


Developing Motivation in Life
So how can you develop motivation in life? If you wish to accomplish a goal – be it short-term or long-term in nature – how can you find it in you to be properly motivated? Here are a few things that you should keep in mind:

1. Focus on one goal at a time.
This should be partnered with the fact that you should make sure that your short-term goals all help in achieving your long-term goals. One of the best ways for you to focus on one goal at a time is to make a diary of your goals – yes, write it down – so that you will have a visual representation of the things that you want to achieve rather than letting it all get lost in your head.

2. Get rid of all the distractions which might prevent you from achieving your goal.
Let's say that you are a writer who wants to finish a book. How can you type away on your keyboard one chapter after another if there are many distractions surrounding you like television, friends chattering away or the lure of aimlessly browsing through the Internet. In order for you to stay properly motivated, make sure to steer clear of any distractions.

3. Completely block out any negative influences.
Finally, make sure that you are completely blocking out any negative influences in your life. If you feel that you are being distracted from your goal by a problem which does not seem to go away, ask yourself what you can do to eliminate such a challenge and distraction in your life. Maybe you are being sidetracked by negative thoughts and feelings because you have no faith in yourself. Addressing the root of the problem, completely blocking out any negative distractions and thinking purely positive thoughts is the best way for you to develop motivation in your everyday life.

Constantly Work At Motivating Yourself
A goal doesn't do you much good unless you are constantly thinking about, and working towards it. Write down your goal and place it somewhere that you will see it at least 1-2 times a day. If you have a weight loss goal, place your written goal beside the refrigerator. If your goal is to get physically stronger, place your written goal near your weight bench so you can see it when you are working out. This provides the extra motivation you need for those tough days.

A great way to motivate yourself with business goals is to put up a motivational quote beside your desk. Do a Google search for motivational quotes, then print off one and put it inside of a picture frame. Keep it there and read it occasionally throughout the day. Whenever you find yourself not looking at the quote anymore, or it no longer provides the inspiration that it once did, it's time to change the quote. It's perfectly OK to change this quote every 1-2 weeks for maximum motivation.

Some people make a habit of reading their goals either when they first wake up or right before they go to bed. When you read your goals upon arising, you may begin to notice that you find yourself doing more each day to help you reach your goals. Similarly, when you read your goals right before bed, you may notice that you wake up with good ideas that you never thought of before.


Final Thoughts

It's important to have motivation in your life. Motivation is the fuel that you need to continue striving for your goals. Soak up motivating things in your life on a daily basis. Read great books that will inspire you. Read great blogs that are both positive and informative.

It's human nature to have days where you aren't very motivated. However, if you continue to surround yourself with positive and motivational things, those days will be few.
**************************************************************************

Extracted from the Internet.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

A suggestion!

Postby behnam » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Shaghayegh,

How life is going? I hope all is going well with you.

I rarely correct someone, because I am a learner myself. However, from your posts it seems you are thirsty for English grammar. I don't mean to correct you, not at all, because as I've said before your English is much better than that of mine. In order to motivate you and to give you some excuses to write more, I'd like to write something about one of the sentences that you have corrected it yourself. Let's have a look at:
Shaghayegh wrote: I shifted My activities to some other forums but after a while I realized I can't make friendships like PersianTools.

Firstly, 'shift' is often followed by 'from' and 'to' in formal writing! we shift something from somewhere to somewhere else. Or we move from one place or position to another.

Secondly, all verbs are in the past simple tense, but one of them isn't! Therefore, 'can't' must be used in past simple form; 'couldn't', because you are speaking about something in the past. By the way, being unable to make friends in other forums has been temporary, so it is not a fact. Therefore, using 'can't' does not suit your purpose.

Thirdly, friendship often collocates with 'form', 'develop', cement, establish, spoil, and so on! For example, 'Spending several weeks on holiday together has cemented their friendship.'

Finally 'like persianTools' doesn't make sense. Use 'Like' in comparisons followed by a noun! For instance, 'a car is not like a bicycle'. In your sentence, you are comparing two actions; making friends on different forums, but 'like' doesn't compare those actions. All in all, my suggestion is this:


I shifted My activities from PersianTools to some other forums, but in a little while I realized I couldn't make friends in those places as I used to do in PersianTools.

That is my suggestion, but I am not sure whether it is wrong or right.

Dear Shaghayegh, we seldom correct each other in the thread. However, in order to make you participate in discussing, I wrote something about one of your sentences. I hope this won't make you annoyed. I really hope so!

All the best,
Behnam, 11 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Everything you do matters!

Postby behnam » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Everything you do matters!

In a world of six billion people, it's easy to believe that the only way to initiate profound transformation is to take extreme action. Each of us, however, carries within us the capacity to change the world in small ways for better or worse. Everything we do and think affects the people in our lives, and their reactions in turn affect others. As the effect of a seemingly insignificant word passes from person to person, its impact grows and can become a source of great joy, inspiration, anxiety, or pain. Your thoughts and actions are like stones dropped into still waters, causing ripples to spread and expand as they move outward. The impact you have on the world is greater than you could ever imagine, and the choices you make can have far-reaching consequences. You can use the ripple effect to make a positive difference and spread waves of kindness that will wash over the world.

Should the opportunity arise, the recipient of a good deed will likely feel compelled to do a good deed for someone else. Someone feeling the effects of negative energy will be more likely to pass on that negative energy. One act of charity, one thoughtful deed, or even one positive thought can pass from individual to individual, snowballing until it becomes a group movement or the ray of hope that saves someone's life. Every transformation, just like every ripple, has a point of origin. You must believe in your ability to be that point of origin if you want to use the ripples you create to spread goodness. Consider the effect of your thoughts and actions, and try to act graciously as much as possible.

A smile directed at a stranger, a compliment given to a friend, an attitude of laughter, or a thoughtful gesture can send ripples that spread among your loved ones and associates, out into your community, and finally throughout the world. You have the power to touch the lives of everyone you come into contact with and everyone those people come into contact with.The momentum of your influence will grow as your ripples moves onward and outward. One of those ripples could become a tidal wave of positivity.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

The Emotional Bank Account!

Postby behnam » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:13 pm

The Emotional Bank Account

When it comes to improving and maintaining our relationships with others, Stephen Covey's metaphor of the Emotional Bank Account is probably one of the most powerful ideas ever created for the development of interpersonal relationships. If you've never heard of this, it basically means that anyone with whom we have a relationship with, whether it be our coworkers, family or friends, we maintain a personal "emotional" bank account with them. This account begins on a neutral balance. And just as with any bank account, we can make deposits and withdrawals. However, instead of dealing with units of monetary value, we deal with emotional units.

The emotional units that Covey speaks of are centered around trust. When we make emotional deposits into someone's bank account, their fondness, trust, and confidence in us grows. And as a result our relationship develops and grows. If we can keep a positive reserve in our relationships, by making regular deposits, there will be greater tolerance for our mistakes and we'll enjoy open communication with that person. On the contrary, when we make withdrawals and our balance becomes low or even overdrawn, bitterness, mistrust and discord develops. If we are to salvage the relationship, we must make a conscious effort to make regular deposits.

This post will discuss Covey's six major ways of making deposits into these Emotional Bank Accounts and how we can avoid making withdrawals.


1. Understanding the Individual

In Covey's book, seven habits of highly effective people, one of the seven habits is "seek first to understand then to be understood". Truly understanding what others are feeling is not always that easy. We must remove ourselves from our egocentric viewpoint and put ourselves into the minds and shoes of others. I say minds and shoes because we must try to first understand the thought patterns and second walk in their shoes or empathize with them.
One of my major faults when communicating with others is, while they are talking I tend to think what I am going to say next. Truly understanding someone requires us to wholly and completely concentrate on what the other person is trying to say, not reloading, just waiting to fire off your response


2. Keeping Commitments

Certainly when we break our promises to others, we make major withdrawals from their Emotional Bank Accounts. However, keeping commitments is not just relegated to promises. It also includes things such as arriving to work and appointments on time, fulfilling our duties, and living up to every word that comes out of our mouth.

3. Clarifying Expectations

There is nothing more frustrating in a relationship than not understanding what is expected of you. Although many of us wish we could be, we are not mind readers. And because each of us sees life differently and has different backgrounds and life experiences, expecting someone to just "know" is not only unfair but completely unrealistic. It's important that the person with whom you are dealing with, knows exactly what is expected of them. Doing this will keep them out of the dark and allow them to relate you confidently, knowing that what they are doing is in line with your expectations.

4. Attending to the Little Things

Little courtesies, kind words and warm smiles are at the heart of the little things that brighten up a relationship. It shows recognition and an awareness of others. It's interesting, but within our relationships, if you want success, it's the little things that really become the big things.

5. Showing Personal Integrity

Nothing is probably more damaging to a relationship, then a lack of integrity. Being that the Emotional Bank Account is based upon trust, you could essentially be doing all of the previous things, but without trust, it is to no avail. Integrity means wholeness, completeness, or soundness. In this case soundness of moral character. Integrity is the rock-solid foundation upon which all successful relationships are built.

6. Apologizing Sincerely When We Make a Withdrawal

Granted, we are all mortal. We make mistakes. That's part of life and learning. Knowing when you are wrong and admitting your mistakes prevents the wounds that you've caused in others from festering and allows them to heal. When appropriate, sincere apology will keep your relationships accounts in the positive, allowing you to maintain the balance that has been created in your application of all of the previous steps.

Extracted from the Internet.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post.

All the best,
Behnam, 11 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

romana
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby romana » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Hello Behnam,
It was nice to to read your post. I really do need more motivation in life as I am a pessimistic type of person. I have my goal in life however I always failed in pursuing the first step of it. Honestly it is really difficult for me to get through on the first step. It really makes me so frustrated and leave me with so many negative thoughts. Sometimes I decided to quit and stop reaching what I want however, people around me continously inspired and persuaded me to keep going. I just remembered a friend told me if plan A didnt work out, no need to worry as the rest of the letters are on standby. I'm hoping that I won't be reaching plan Z cause I dont know what's next if I fail. Anyway, I think I have to be more focus and give more attention to my goal. I will keep on trying no matter what happen.

Best Regards,
Romana

User avatar
Shaghayegh
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Rasht

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Shaghayegh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:10 am

behnam wrote:Dear Shaghayegh, so many thanks for replying. Neither am I exaggerating, nor am I paying some nice compliments to make you happy. but your English is excellent. You write beautifully and effectively. As far as I'm concerned, your English is much better than that of mine. It is so nice to know that you like this thread and have intended to stay here until the time the site is active. How long have you been learning English? I hope we will help each other make good progress in our English skills.

Hi Dear Behnam;How Are You? Glad to meet you again.
First, forgive me for late response! I wasn't home.
It's very kind of you and thank you dear Behnam. And I think I'm so far from where I have to be.Studying in USA or any other country absolutely require GRE and IELTS and I'm at the beginning of the way!GRE is very difficult :-( . I have just one year to be ready for that.


behnam wrote:About the forums....

You right! Every site or forum has a general purpose. Some of them are created for free talking. Everyone with any thought and religion (including Muslims,Christians,Jews,irreligionists or even Atheists) can be there and talk about her or his interests. People collected there to friendly talking about everyday life, learning and anything that is popular and common. Speaking about challenging topics isn't correct there.Specially critical speaking about religions and nations! There are many sites that made for talking about these topics and if anyone wants to talk about these topics can use them!And You can be sure that I don't want to speak offensively or annoying. I'm here just to talk friendly about our interests, thoughts, notions and feelings!
behnam wrote:I prefer this one:
The administrator decided to close many popular and even scientific ,historic ,arty,etc. threads and banned many users.

Or even this simple one:
The administrator closed some popular threads and banned many active users!

Meanwhile, more importantly, it should be mentioned that 'popular, scientific, historic' are all adjectives, but 'art' is a noun, so according to a famous grammatical rule-I guess it is named parallelism, or something like that, I am not sure about the name-it is not correct to use 'art'. It must be an adjective like 'arty'!

Very nice! Thank you very much!
When I writing that post, I thank about the word 'art' and I couldn't remember the adjective form of 'art'. Finally I decided to use 'art' with this rationalization: art does not has a adjective form :lol: .


behnam wrote:Dear Shaghayegh, I am not correcting you. I just wanted to say that being too much obsessed with our sentences and words may have negative impacts on our skills. It may discourage us! Keep on writing. The most important purpose of learning a language is making conversation and communication with people. You are doing it perfectly........

Dear Behnam;
"Thank You" isn't enough for you and what I want to tell you! Unfortunately I can't find words and sentences as perfect as I want!
Be sure that I don't feel annoying when reading your valuable tips. I know that I must be grateful to one who teach you something(even a little thing). Because I'm a student and sometimes a teacher. So, you can show me my errors any time and I promise you that I will be happy and thankful always! {-:
Now I want to tell you about my trip to Shiraz. Have you ever gone to Shiraz? Shiraz is a very beautiful city and it has very much attractive and interested places such as Hafeziye,Saadiyes,Takht e Jamshid, Afif Abad garden, Darvaze Quran, Arg e Karimkhani, Pasargad and etc. I'm sure that you can not see all of them in a trip.If you haven't gone to Shiraz, I suggest you to make time for trip to shiraz! I'm sure you will enjoy. I really love traveling.

Finally ,Dear Behnam and other friends;
I'm not good in English as you or other users here and I may use incorrect words or sentences that doesn't have right meanings!If you see those be sure that I just made mistake and doesn't mean I want to offend or annoy you! I really care about my words and I'm practicing to improve my abilities to write more correctly and fluently but please notice that I'm a learner now and can use some words that doesn't mean what I really want to!Forgive me if you see I've used an incorrect words or sentences!

Thank you!
Your little sister Shaghayegh.

User avatar
Shaghayegh
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Rasht

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Shaghayegh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 am

I know that I must be grateful to one who teach you something(even a little thing).
Correct:me

User avatar
Shaghayegh
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Rasht

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Shaghayegh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:35 am

Shaghayegh wrote:it has very much attractive and interested places
}: :oops: :-| :nok:
Correct: It has a lot of attractive,interesting and wonderful places

P.S1:I really apologize for my heterogeneous posts!
P.S2:Why can't I edit my posts?

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby behnam » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:06 am

romana wrote:Honestly it is really difficult for me to get through on the first step. It really makes me so frustrated and leave me with so many negative thoughts. Sometimes I decided to quit and stop reaching what I want...


Hi Romana,

Many thanks for your post. You sound like a native English speaker. Your English is great. I am not in a position to advise you, but you have mentioned to the reason of frustration and the main cause of negative thoughts wisely. The solution for your case is easy. Instead of giving up, you should make the first step as short as you can get through easily. Divide the first step into some short steps. In this case, the process of passing the first gap will become easy. Passing one step towards the goal, regardless of its size, is encouraging, motivating and inspiring. It will bring positive thoughts and build confidence.

It is not necessary to use ordinary English letters for indicating the milestones in the pass of target. You can divide the distance between two letters, for example between A and B, into some points like B1, B2, ..., B! In this case, the distance between A and B1 will be easy to jump! :lol:

I wish you success. Would you mind introducing yourself?

All the best,
Behnam, 13 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby behnam » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Shaghayegh,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. Many thanks for replying. The weather is very hot today. I am fasting. Although I am neither hungry nor thirsty, my head feels hot today, as if something is burning inside of it. A cold shower may help, but I am too lazy to take a shower! Right now, I am thinking like Shirazi people. I expect the shower to come here and pour some cold water on my head! :lol:

I took IELTS exam three years ago. That's a standard exam. I can help you with the link of some useful sites, books, sources, tips, and other related stuff. Ive got some useful files about listening and speaking skills. I can also help you with essay writing. For example, I can correct your essays. Please let me know how I can help you.

I've been to Shiraz many times. I've been to Hafeziye, Baghe Eram, Bazare vakil, Shahcheragh, Arge, etc. I really love Shiraz and its kind people. I personally believe there are two favourable cities in Iran, mainly Tabriz and Shiraz. Both are beautiful and their people are cultured and civilized. To be honest with you, Tabrizian girls are more beautiful than Shiraziyan girls, but Shirazin are much kinder and easy-going than them. I believe for a complete fulfillment a man should have three wives, a Tabrizian wife for starting a successful family and a Shirazian one for pleasure and joy!(khoshgozarani), and A kurd one for work. Unfortunately, something is wrong. The majority of Azerbaijani men are strict, serious, and hardworking. They are not good at buttering up. If we consider a lady as a car, sweet and soft words are its fuel! But, poor Azerbaijani men are terrible at flattering! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was only kidding. I hope you and other people in the thread won't take these things seriously.

All the best,
Behnam, 13 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

romana
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby romana » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Hello Behnam,
Thank you for your wonderful advise. My apologize for not introducing myself on my last post. Im Romana, from Philipines, like everyone here I am very determined to improve my english. My english is awful please do correct me whenever , I would be so grateful.

Back to your advise, I really appreciate it. I think you could help me with my problem. I have read in your post to Shayegh( hi Shayegh, hope I typed your name right) that you took an Ielts 3 yrs ago. I believed you got a high score in all categories as your english writings prove it. Actually, my frustration is all related on how I could get the score required for me to get in to the next step of my goal. I took my firsf exam 6 mos ago unfortunately I wasn't able make it. I am planning to take again whenever, but my confidence is too low. I dont know when will I be ready. I think I really need to do more practice especially in writing, as this is my weakest in all categories. Anyway, I like what you've said about on the last bit of your letter. Its brilliant and I will absolutely apply it in my daily living. It sounds like vitamins(B1,B2...)..it would be lovely taking them as it could nourished us through out the day leaving us with a happy and healthy life, same like the feeling of passing each step on our goal.

Best regards,
Romana

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

How can I help?

Postby behnam » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:30 am

Hi Romana,

So many thanks for your nice words. That's very kind of you. I've met many Philippians. Without any exception, their English is excellent. What's the secret behind it? I guess English is your second language in the Philippines. In some provinces, English is maybe your official language. Anyway, your English is fantastic. I am sure you will have high band score in IELTS exam. You band score falls into something between 7 and 8. Your overall score can be 7.5 in General Module.

My writing score was 8. Three years ago, my English was very good. I used to practise at lesat 5 hours a day for about 4 years. However, after receiving the certificate, I lost my motivation. Actually, I had nothing to do with English anymore. Although I didn't stop learning and practising, the decrease in the amount of spent time on practising is not deniable. 'If you don't use it, you lose it' as an old English saying goes. :lol:

I am ready to help you with IELTS exam. That's a great honour for me to help someone else learn something. As I've written to dear Shaghayegh, I am extending the hand of help to everyone who needs my experience and knowledge. Please ask me whatever you need. In terms of IELTS exam and its sources, I am really ready to help you.

What do you do? What's your job? I hope to hear more from you.

All the best,
Behnam, 14 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

I've missed you terribly!

Postby behnam » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 am

Hi Amal,

This is just to let you know that I've missed you very much. I am also worried about you? Where are you? What has happened to you? I hope everything is going well with you. Please be in contact.

I am waiting for your post.

All the best,
Behnam, 15 July, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

romana
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby romana » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi Behnam,

How are you doing. Hope all is well with you. I understand that everyone in your country is currently celebrating Ramadan and I reckon you are fasting just like other Muslim does.To be honest I look up and put my hat off to all the Muslims who are devoted with their religious practice like fasting. I read from one article some facts about it and I was amazed about its benefits to our body. I would be so proud of myself if I managed to get through on fasting for a month. However my physical condition unfortunately isn't well enough to perform this practice, my metabolic rate is more faster than normal, which cause me to feel hungry most of the time and if I won't take any food, terrible thing will happen( headache, involuntary muscle shaking, tummy ache, dizziness etc.). It's a shame but at least my condition is still manageable and not as fatal as other kind of illnesses. Anyway Happy Ramadan to you my friend and all the Muslims out there.

It was nice to read your comments about Filipinos, thank you for the lovely words. It is true that English is our second language but we don't often use it, specially in our place. We still love using our own mother tongue. When I was a student, English is one of the subject I hate the most. I didn't take it seriously and to be honest I failed this subject before. I just came to realized the importance of it when I started working. I am working as a staff Nurse in the hospital. Since I was assigned in the city, different types of patient are coming and going every day. There are also foreign people seeking for help or confine for a short period of time. Nursing is a difficult job itself in my point of view how much more if the patient is English speaking, it is like a disaster to a nurse like me who is very poor in English language. I have realized how important this language was and by then I decided to practice and study English seriously. Apparently there are some agencies recruiting Nurses to work in Europe provided that Nurses pass the IELTS exam. Agency requires band 7 to all categories, isn't it difficult? I like to go to Europe but I don't know how can I pass the exam. I would be so grateful if you could give me some links for IELTs practice. Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Romana

User avatar
Shaghayegh
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Rasht

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Shaghayegh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 am

[color=#FF4040]Hello Dear Behnam;
I'm fine. How are you?
I'm agreed with you about Shirazi. I have been there for 2 years and realized that they are really lazy! :lol: They have a famous proverb : Chay Chaman Chamroon :lol: Chay is tea, Chaman means anywhere like park and Chamroon , as maybe you know, is the north area of Shiraz that has a sweet and exquisite climate. I absolutely refuse other ubiquitous things about peoples like Isfahani, Rashti and others . But I believe that Shirazi is lazy till he or she show me he isn't lazy :mrgreen:

Behnam; I have a piece of advice for you:Marry with a Rashti woman If you like delicious foods! Rashti women are best in cookery! They are famous for their delicious foods such as MirzaGhasemi, BaghlaGhatogh, TasKabab and so many other. My mom is one of the best in the cookery and I really love foods she cooks.

Very thank you for your kindness Dear Behnam. I would be grateful if you shared with me your resources for IELTS. Actually I think I haven't enough time to be prepare for IELTS and GRE! Two years is very low! :-( I'm really regretful for those years I wasted.

However, I'm now studying some books and using some programs : Grammer In Use , Vocabulary In Use, Verbal Advantage by Charles Harrington Elster, THE ULTIMATE PHRASAL VERB BOOK, Word Perfect , Collocations in use and ESL Podcasts.And I watch a movie everyday with English subtitle. sometimes I watch some TV shows such as The Big Bang Theory or The Wire. But I really want to use a program that has all English skills improvement courses. Still I haven't found that perfect program.

I think I must stop writing now until I improved my writing. I think my writing now is very bad and may annoy you. Absolutely I don't want that. I understood my writing is terrible when i saw your pretty nice writings and I'm at the lower grade than you . So I think I must stop writing at least two months and work hardly on my English. I read you posts and enjoy them but write very little until I confident of my English.

But Dear Behnam, I request you to recommend me any useful resource or program that can help me for success in IELTS or GRE. Thank you very much.

Best Regards.
your little sister and friend, Shaghayegh.
[/color]


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests