Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, EC, Dixie

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Merry Christmas!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:09 am

Hi to all,

In this cold weather, feeling nostalgic about the old days, missing my friends and their words, although I am early, I may not have the chance to say 'Merry Christmas' to my Christian friends at the right time. Therefore, I'd like to take this opportunity to say a warm 'Merry Christmas' to the people who celebrate the birth of Jesus(PBUH)! I'd like to say 'Happy New Year' to you too. I hope 2014 will bring more peace, success, happiness, and prosperity to all people in all over the world.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

I pray for you all the time!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Mohsen,

How are you? I hope you are fine. I didn't know you are in love with that lady. If I had known, I'd have prayed for you.

You are lucky Mohsen since your heart-taker, in-love-maker, beloved angel, sweet soul-mate is neither Christian nor in Rome! You don't need to take a great effort to hammer the nail of Islam, since the land is so close to you and ready to reap! The only thing you need is some courage or bravery.

I still don't know what deviation is and how you are going to prevent her from deviation. Would you mind explaining more?

All the best,
Behnam, 17 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Welcome Back!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi Moroo,

Welcome back! How is life there? I hope all is going well with you. Thank you for your posts.

Life has become too complicated to live! In comparison with the past, women have more freedom and liberty. They have improved their general knowledge and have received their degrees from universities. They have participated in many social activities and work market. However, something is wrong! I believe there is something wrong with people!

First, we should keep in mind that for some people knowing something is more dangerous than being ignorant about it. Women know many things, but those things aren't useful for them. They know how to work, how to drive, how to earn money, how to design, etc. but they have less necessary skills.

From the time I have seen the world around myself, my parents have been working shoulder-to-shoulder. Well, there are some chores that my mother is more skillful and good at. For example, my mother cooks much better than my father, so she seldom wants my father to cook. She doesn't need my father to prove his love by cooking. He has proven his pure love in other areas of life.

On the other hand, my father is very good at doing the shopping. Therefore, he does it almost all the time.

Old couples are happier than young ones, since they are more sincere and honest with each other. However, young couples don't believe each other. They must prove themselves! How? One way for men to prove themselves is being a yes-man! Amazingly, husbands have to prove themselves to their wives; wives don't need to prove themselves to their husbands.

It is a fact that men and women are different. Wise couples respect the differences. However, those differences cause fool couples either compete or fight with each other. You cannot expect a bull to give milk, similarly, you cannot expect a cow to reap farms! Everything has got its special talents, abilities, and capabilities.

I don't oppose working at home and helping my wife, but these things can never make me a good husband. I have to take responsibilities and try in other areas of life.

All the best,
Behnam, 17 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Correction!

Postby behnam » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi friends,

I've got nothing to do, nowhere to go, tired and bored, killing time! Writing is the only soothing thing. Sometimes, I think of writing a book, but I don't know in which field the book should be written, about Physics or something general. I wish you could help me with choosing a subject for writing.

Today, 2 friends of mine separately came to my office and asked me for solutions to some problems about Modern Physics and Quantum Mechanics. I solved the problems perfectly and explained the solutions understandably. One of them was in my office for about 2 hours. We discussed many physical phenomena. He said, 'Behnam, why don't you write a book? You think differently and look at things from different angels. I am sure many students will pray for you after reading your down-to-earth way of describing things." I laughed at him and said, "Come on man! Physics is an isolated area in the Third World." I added something to give a reason for my opinion but I'd rather not write it here! :lol:

Oh, I forgot to say that the main reason for writing this post is correcting a big mistake which is made in my previous post.
behnam wrote:You cannot expect a bull to give milk, similarly, you cannot expect a cow to reap farms!

Although surely you have understood what is meant by this sentence, it is unusual and meaningless, because 'REAP' is used incorrectly. It must be 'PLOUGH' which is done by oxen! Therefore, the sentence must be 'You cannot expect an ox to give milk, similarly, you cannot expect a cow to plough the field'. :lol:

My final point for today is challenging: Loneliness and singlism are threatening humanity in this century. The role of women in coping with these disastrous problems; which are both the products of Capitalism is crucially important, is crucially important. What is the solution? Following the instructions of God in the Holy Koran. What? Allowing men to have more than one wife! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Correction Again!:)

Postby behnam » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi again,

If you look for an excuse to write a post just follow my strategy: Make some mistakes in one post and correct your mistakes in another one!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
behnam wrote:We discussed many physical phenomena. He said, 'Behnam, why don't you write a book? You think differently and look at things from different angels.

It must be angles not 'angels', but that's funny to look at things of different angels!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was in a hurry when writing the previous post in my office. Actually, a friend of mine was waiting for me at the door. We had to attend at a meeting. I lost my concentration because he kept saying, "Behnam, hurry up, Behnam we are late!" That's why I forgot to write my famous 'All the best, Behnam, ..... {-; '! By the way, 'Crucially important' is repeated unwillingly. Sorry for making many mistakes. I apologize! Honestly speaking, they(mistakes) provide me with an excuse to write. :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 18 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
Mohsen
Gold Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:33 am


Hi Moroo,

I agree with you about helping your wife in the house affairs, when there is love between couples, they try to treat kindly, overtake each other to settle down the house and help more, the house is not a battle ground, it is a love ground.

I also agree with Behnam's idea that woman and man have some skills in different aspects of life. so the works should be totally divided between them according to the skills , the nature of woman heart is more tender than man,so the child is more calm in her mother 's arm, especially when she milks.But the couple's life should not be divided between lines and duties; we are not living in police station or a work place. The regulations in house is flexible ,there are much possibilities for the both sides to help each other.

I generally don't agree that woman works outside. Unfortunately most of jobs have been recently captured by woman in our society , and women believes that it is the women progress while it is a reactionary idea ,what make our society close to west systems is regression not progress.

All the best ,
Mohsen

User avatar
Mohsen
Gold Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:40 am


Hi behnam,

Thanks for your congratulation message to Christians for Christmas. Because there is no one in the this forum, I thanks behalf of them. Luckily the Yalda night is in front of us , and we should be ready for the longest night of the year.

The shops are overflowed with different fruits, candies and meats . Fortunately the watermelons are cheaper than last year, in my city the price is between 400 to 600 Toman/kgs ( about one sixth of dollar) , I bought a box of orange ( 20 Kgs) 1800 Toman/kgs which has wonderful taste , juicy and thin skin . It was called Birjandi orange, of course I bought it directly from main distributer in vegetable mall, so the price is cheaper than usual one.

Something wrong about the women who lost her husband is loyalty . It is said that a good woman and loyal woman is the one who doesn't marry again ,if she lose her husband in an accident.
The woman should kill her wishes,sexall passions because of a wrong culture ( the people and relative talks and gossips).This is the deviation risks

One the staffs in my work place lost his wife because of cancer , he remarried with a girl after passing 30 day from death of his late wife . Many people cursed him , because he was expected at to waited at least for 40 days . because 40 days ceremony is current in our society . but he bravery did his marriage and claimed that it was difficult for him not to arm a girl in bed ,even for one night.

All the best
Mohsen
[/color][/color]

User avatar
[amal]
Gold Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:41 am

Hi Behnam,

I want to wish you a happy birthday my great friend, I really don't know how the life would be without you, you've lightened my life and for sure other friends' lives!
I know it's still early but I want to be the first person who says that to you! {-;

Dear, sorry about my late reply, I wanted to write one long time ago but sadly because the electricity is off most of the time, I delayed the matter. :-(

However, finally today I decided to write something. Since I hate to let you waiting and maybe it would make me relax and let me forget the war which is going between my mind and heart! I thought this war will end today and I will be able to write with a clear mind but sadly it didn't! Uh! :-(
I just chose to rely on god!

By the way your challenge point is really important and it should be discussed seriously...

I think the lack of loyalty and trust are the main factors in this problem. If men and women were faithful to each other, the society would be healthy.

Another factor should be considered too is the high dowry, which girls' families always care about without any understanding of the circumstances of young people!

The girls' families think that they are protecting their daughters but they don't know that they are ,on the same hand, reducing her chances of getting married!
Our prophet Mohamad said:
اذا اتاكم
من ترضون دينه و خلقه فزوجوه الا تفعلو تكن فتنة في
الارض

In result, our "dimension of religion?" is an important reason for this phenomenon..
In my idea if girls' families started to follow our prophet's rule and started to understand and help young men, their girls' lives would be much happier and that would increase their chances of getting married...

In fact, what attracted me is your solution! Dear, don't you think that god has allowed men to marry more than once, without any conditions or controls?!

I mean there should be some reasons for them to remarry, what if their wives were perfect?! what if the men weren't able to justice?! don't you think that would cost more problems and invalidate the requirement of marriage more than once?!

For me, as I told you before, I don't have any problems with being single but I hate it when someone enters my life and starts playing with my feelings and thoughts and let me think of the whole marriage matter again!!! :roll:

Let me stop talking about this subject now and start with another one...

You said that you that you watch Press TV when the chance is possible, believe it or not, I also used to watch it in the past too! Their English is very clear so I took it as a way to improve mine!

However, after a while I became very sensitive and the news started to make a big harm to me since it's speaking about my beloved country and the situation here.

It's really something dramatical to watch the people who you used to live with are killed and the places which you used to go are destroyed! Meanwhile, you can do nothing! It really breaks my heart! :cry: :cry:

Then, I dislike the way which the media is dealing with our matter.
For exa, they just focus on the things which serve their OWN benefits not Syrian people's benefits!

On the other hand, I think that whatever is shown on TV is meaningless. Since it change nothing and it doesn't effect on decision makers, so what's the point of hearing it?! Decision makers are happy with what's happening here and I don't think that they want to end it.
Therefore, I don't have much hope on the conference in Geneva!

Anyway, May god be with us.

Best wishes,
Amal

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

The Smell of Love! (Part One)

Postby behnam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Amal,

You cannot imagine how happy I became when I saw your post. It made me extremely happy. Thank you very much for participating in reading the posts and posting your views in the thread. You have proved that you are a sincere person. You have kept the contact with the thread for years. This is very valuable. Thank you very much indeed.

One of the things we all need is stability. In particular, stability in friendship brings comfort to us. Some people are unpredictable and fickle. No matter they are friends, lovers, husbands or wives, etc. they are always unpredictable. Sometimes, they are too much hot in a way that their hotness burns you. Sometimes they are frigid in a way that their coldness freezes you! People who are fluctuating between the maximum and the minimum cannot be successful at all. 'Love me little, but love me long' is an appropriate saying for this discussion.

Another thing we all need is tolerance. If we want to live on the Earth together, we have to tolerate each other. We are absolutely different. We have got different cultures, beliefs, religions, values, tastes, ideas, opinions, field of views, philosophies, etc. These differences are really beautiful. They seem amazing if we look on the bright side of them. They beautifully show the high capability of humanity.

I was taking part in a course at my workplace. It was about management skills. At the beginning the professor, who has a degree in the humanities, asked a very good question. "According to Islam, for everything, a relevant donation( زکات) is considered. For example, the donation
of knowledge is spreading(teaching) it", he said and then asked, "what is the donation of wisdom(العقل)?" Everybody said something, but nobody could give the right answer. He himself wrote on the board while he was saying, "قال علی (ع): زکات العقل تحمل الجاهل"[Imam Ali(PBUH) has said, "Tolerating fools is the donation of wisdom"] . We got surprised. We all found that saying wonderful.

Wise people have to tolerate fools, although it is too difficult to tolerate them. However, this seems to be impossible when close friendship or particular relationship such as marriage comes to considering. Men and women have got different levels of wisdom, knowledge, intelligence, talents, skills, abilities, capabilities, etc. When making friends, getting married, establishing a relationship, etc. we must take these factors into account, otherwise sooner or later we will meet the failure in the life.

Let's assume that an educated lady(these days in Iran, if you randomly point at a girl in the street, she will have at least a BSc or BA degree) has married to a man with a lower level of degree in terms of education. What would happen to her marital life if she kept comparing her degree with her husband's degree? Suppose the lady is a very obedient and kind person, but the man is brutal, how could the lady tolerate such cruelty and violence? Why should she do that? These things make life complicated and unbearable. That's why Islam has strictly recommended that couples should be at the same level of wisdom, knowledge, wealth, etc.

What am I saying? I guess I have digressed! :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, we are human beings and the Earth is the only place for us to live. There is no mankind on the other planets. Therefore, neither can we send or fools to, for instance, Mars nor we can bring some proper people to keep the balance between the fool and the wise in the societies. What can we do?

Justice is the key. If justice goes out from the window, misery will come in from the door! How can we bring justice to a society? I don't know how, I'd rather not discuss, but I am sure Capitalism isn't a proper ideology. Why? Because it widens the gap between the poor and the rich. What happens then? This is the first step of misery. This will bring other complicated problems that we are all facing with in the world now. A society may claim it is governed by Islamic rule, but it spreads Capitalism practically. Actions speak louder than words.

I agree with you that TV channels are following their own benefits. This is the rule. In addition to that, there is a world difference between speaking about something-which TV channels often do-and the facts which are going on in a society. But, honestly speaking, Syria's conflict makes me sad and disappointed. We should all know that this conflict is, on the one hand, a result of laziness, naivety, timidity, and silliness. On the other hand, it is one of the products of fundamentalism and foolishness. Syrian people MUST wake up and find a way themselves!

About 'dowry', I didn't get your point. In Iran, girls' families give property or money to boys when they marry. This is ridiculous and insulting. I disagree with this traditional custom. For more details, you can ask our expert Mohsen. I am sure he knows the philosophy behind 'dowry'. I personally think it is unreasonable to bring up a beautiful girl for many years and provide her with property or money and finally give her to a boy...! Why? To make her feel like a mother? To keep the generation going? I don't know! :lol: :lol: :lol:
...........


Will be Continued!


ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

The Smell of Love! (Part Two)

Postby behnam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:20 am

..............

About loyalty, let me say bravely and safely that you cannot find even one loyal man in the world. Loyalty is against men's nature. Forget those candy-coated words that men often say to their lovers. It is one of the rules in the game which is called life! How can you expect someone not to eat anything when s/he has got stomach? :lol: Women should understand that men are totally different from them. They must be different. Nothing is wrong with those differences.

Men fool women and women fool men! This is a historical game. Let's not fantasize about love and lovers. Love is a feeling to fool people into marrying and starting families. This beautiful word is invited to be said in order to fulfill our needs. Necessity is the mother of invention. :lol: From the beginning of the history men have learned they must lie in order to get closer to women. If they said, "I've got something, and you've got something else. These complete each other. In other words, I need yours, you need mine. Let's ...!", :lol: certainly women wouldn't agree. Men might have to apply force to fulfill their needs. Some men might use force to get what they needed, but little by little they have learned to pursue a different strategy in order to derive much pleasure from women! Therefore, they have put their heads together and invited 'love'. Instead of saying directly what you want or revealing your needs, it is better to coat your intention with sugar or some sweet substance to tame women! 'I love you' is a powerful sentence! Some naughty advisers advise people to learn 'I love you' in different languages. Well, this is a useful tool for people who want to taste different... Different what? I don't know... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for reading.


All the best,
Behnam, 20 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Happy The Longest Night of The Year!

Postby behnam » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 am

Hi,

Tonight is the longest night of the year on the Northern Hemisphere. Iranian people celebrate this night. They sit around and eat dried nuts and fruits. This night is called 'Yalda'. It is a girl name too. In Iran, you can find many women who are named 'Yalda'. Iranian Azerbaijanis call it Chilla Gejasi, which means the beginning of the first 40 days of winter. For further information please either go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yald%C4%81 or ask our expert Mohsen!


به صد یلدا الهی زنده باشی
انار و سیب و انگور خورده باشی
اگر یلدای دیگر من نباشم
تو باشی و تو باشی و تو باشی


Happy YALDA to all Iranian people in all over the world!

All the best,
Behnam, 21st December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Happy Birthday Behnam! :)

Postby behnam » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Behnam,

How are you? I hope you are fine. A little bird said that it is your birthday. This is just to say a warm 'Happy Birthday' to you.


Shab-e-Yalda kimin ballidi adim,
Aziz dustlar olmamisham sagham man.


I am as famous as Yalda night, my dear friends I am still alive!

Best wishes,
Your old friends:
Roya, Marina, Elham, Amal, Mohsen, Veronica, Kamelia, Setayesh, Andrew, Rosa, Maryam, Mitra, Adelaida, Zita, Asal, Nilufar, Nahid, Reyhaneh, Parvin, Roghayyeh, Fatemeh, and others!

Describing a pleasure is half of enjoying it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


All the best,
Behnam, 21 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
Mohsen
Gold Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran
Contact:

You Are Not the Same as Yesterday You Were

Postby Mohsen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Once a year I get the chance
To wish you birthday cheer.
It pleases me no end to say,
I wish you another great year.
So happy birthday to you ,Behnam,
From the bottom of my heart.
And may your good times multiply,
Till they’re flying off the chart!


B.Wishes
Mohsen and his friends

Barry , Harry , Jerry , Larry , Mary , Perry , Terri

Elham
Gold Member
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Elham » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi dear Behnam,

You don't know how much I have missed you, you know nothing about how's going with your old friend, a girl who was used to be called a close and nice friend....

But you should know sth... and you know it for sure....


Happy Birthday,

Wish you all the best in the world,

Eli

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

We Are Still Friends!

Postby behnam » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Elham,

How are you? How is life in Najafabad? I hope everything is going well with you. Here, the weather is dangerously polluted. I suffer from this polluted weather. I feel some pain in my lungs when there are pollutants in the air. I am wearing a filter, but it doesn't help.

Thank you so much for your nice post which was, as always, full of feelings. I'd like to confess that we are still friends. Nothing can kill our pure human feelings to each other. We may make some conclusions or have some expectations in accordance with our assumptions, which are usually different from the facts, but we shouldn't let those things break the tree of unconditional friendship. This tree is holy since it reflects our past. We have to water it and protect it from damages.

Well, the philosophy of friendship may differ from person to person and from time to time, but what matters is the existence of a philosophy in friendship which gives us the excuse to either form a new friendship or keep the old one. I believe, as long as people have got a philosophy, no matter it is an extensive one or a limited one, they should follow it provided that the philosophy brings them some benefits, either spiritual or material. Oh, this subject is delicate. I may make you confused. Let's move on it! {-:

Posting in this thread, using my favourite colour in writing, may make you think that I am the same Behnam, with the same passion and full of enthusiasm, but you are one hundred percent wrong! I am not the same Behnam. White hairs on my cheeks and chin loudly say that Behnam is old. Not only does my body yell that its owner is old, but also my feelings say that leaving time is close to coming. Actually, I am writing to inform my friends that I am still alive. This comes from my loyalty to friendship and friends. Nothing else can keep me here!

We are still friends, either you want it or not!

All the best,
Behnam, 24 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Merry Christmas!

Postby behnam » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:27 am

Hi,

I'd like to say
'Merry Christmas' to all my Christian friends. May Jesus Christ, Prophet of love & peace, bless us all on this day. Wishing Merry Christmas to those celebrating, especially Iranian Christians.

All the best,
Behnam, 25 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Answers!

Postby behnam » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:22 am

Hi,

An old friend of mine has put off messages on my 'Yahoo Messenger' account and has asked two important questions. First of all, I'd like to thank this good friend for reading the posts carefully and paying attention to them closely.

The first question is about my philosophy of friendship. I've written that the philosophy of friendship may change with the times. That's normal. In addition to that, people can develop their philosophies. When a philosophy doesn't work in a particular situation, we have to either change it or change the situation. Determined people first try to change or review the situation. If they cannot change it, they wisely develop their philosophies to make them adapted to the situation.

The kinds of relationship between people can be different. Some people are our relatives. Some others are our colleagues. Some people are our friends. Some of them are special to us. Some are strangers, etc. Among friends, some of them are close friends. Some others are not that close. Like many quantitative parameters, friendship can be quantified by some numbers. For example, we can give number 100 to an ideal friendship, and number 0 to a neutral person in our lives. Definitely, our enemies will fall into minus side of this scale and will get negative numbers.

Ideal friendship isn't an absolute thing. People have different ideas about it. Its definition varies from person to person. Someone, in his/her frame of reference, may give 100 to his/her friendship with somebody, but this person(somebody:) ) may quantify the friendship with another number. Well, people have different frame of references, consequent results of different philosophies.


What is philosophy? The meaning of philosophy is 'the attitude or set of ideas that guides the behaviour of a person or organization'. We can change our ideas or modify them or make them more suitable for the situation we are in. In other words, we can change our frame of reference, our scale of measurement.

The second question was actually a comment on my view about the definition of love which has come in the post written to dear Amal. As I have written, love is only a feeling young people experience it when the nature makes them ready(fool them) to look for their Mr/Mrs right, to get married and start families. This is noun-negotiable. This is not optional. We don't choose this feeling. The nature gives it to us. By the way, knowing this fact should not make us disappointed, because it is something common among us. All I am saying is briefly that 'love is an instinctive feeling'. It is the trick of nature to fool us and cause us to marry and keep the generation going. Nature knows how to fool us. She is (has been)successful.

Another friend of mine has asked the meaning of "..my feeling says leaving time is close to coming...". The meaning is clear, but maybe it has been shocking. Well, when you have white hairs on your cheeks, chin, chest, ..., it means you are old. When you've got a broken heart, and you suffer from a heart operation, you feel that it is time to leave this earthy world. We will all leave this world, sooner or later. This is a fact. We shouldn't fool ourselves. Don't worry! Bad things never die! (بادنجان بم آفت نداره ) :lol: :lol: {-: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 26 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
Mohsen
Gold Member
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghejahan square,Esfahan,Iran
Contact:

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby Mohsen » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:17 pm


Hi Behnam,
Hope you are fine, it is said that a person is young while he feels love,and you have time as long as you love.
You said that love is an instinctive feeling , I agree, but it is not like feeling thirst or hunger. Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. also love needs its conditions, the sexual desire would be crucial to create the love. Normally love creates between two opposite sex. What makes two opposite sex to be in love , the sexual desire is an instinctive feeling ,so it creates love. My reason is why love always creates between two opposite sexes.

The second point is the environment. For example a man who works with several girls in his work place ,he has working relations with her colleagues ,but there is more possible circumstances for his madness , beautiful gardens with scenic beauty providing an icing on the cake to the strong feeling of love and blossoming romance between a girl and a boy head over heels in love
The third point is the movies , people believe that their real world as what they watch in a movie, the stories which are shown on the celluloid about love to create a misconception intentionally or unintentionally that love is a beautiful experience and an inevitable part of our lives.

All the best
Mohsen

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Discussion!

Postby behnam » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:52 am

Mohsen wrote:Normally love creates between two opposite sex. What makes two opposite sex to be in love , the sexual desire is an instinctive feeling ,so it creates love. My reason is why love always creates between two opposite sexes.


Hi Mohsen,

Many thanks for expressing your opinion about the topic. I totally agree with your first paragraph. If we dig deeper to see what creates love, we will immediately realise that two hormones are playing the main role. According to scientists, Testosterone and Oestrogen are responsible for the mail and female qualities respectively. How those substances work? That is mysterious. However, it is a proven fact that if you change the levels of those hormones in someone's body, their male or female qualities will change. For example, if the level of Testosterone goes up in a girl's body, she may have beard and mustache. For the same reason, Testosterone has caused me to get bald. :lol: {-: :lol:

Your second and third paragraph both are different from the first one. In the first paragraph you are explaining love, but in the rest of the post you are mentioning to two nice points which are quite different from the discussed topic. Those points are actually two possible answers to the potential question 'what triggers the love?' or 'What makes the love start?'

Talking about love is not easy, since it is one of the signs of God, as He Has said in the Holy Koran, Rome-22. However, from philosophy point of view, it is quite obvious that necessity creates love. Generally speaking, incompleteness creates needs, and needs create movements towards fulfillment. These are steps towards perfection!

Let me digress for a moment. Physics is really beautiful. Physics helps people think beautifully. If we want to understand the universe, we have to know Physics. If we want to be a good physicist we have to deeply understand cause and effect. Not only do we have to understand it, but also we have to love and respect this main principle of the universe. :lol: {-: :lol:

In order to get more, we have to analyse those two responsible hormones. How do they work? What are those hormones made from? When I was studying at university, I got interested in Physiology of Arthur Guyton. I read some chapters. It was(is) a useful book. However, nobody can answer to this question, "What causes the right opposite sexes(people who have the right amount of those hormones in their bodies) to attract each other?" This is mysterious and miraculous. To make people have an image about it I often say, "Suppose men and women are like empty egg cartons. They have mountains and valleys. The mountains go inside the valleys easily and they become stable. This is what we can see in the world of materials. Now, suppose such mountains and valleys exist in our spirits(in the spiritual world which is not deniable). Although they are invisible, the effect of them is sensible, and that is the attraction we feel and call it love."

Something crossed my mind a few seconds ago. As you may now, in terms of their behaviour in an external magnetic field, materials categorized into three groups. They are either Paramagnetic, or Diamagnetic, or Ferromagnetic. Paramagnetism is a form of magnetism whereby certain materials are attracted by an externally applied magnetic field. In contrast with this behavior, diamagnetic materials are repelled by magnetic fields. Ferromagnetism is the basic mechanism by which certain materials (such as iron) form permanent magnets, or are attracted to magnets. Now, suppose God has created(has put) an external magnetic filed in the universe. Philosophically speaking, we can consider necessity(incompleteness) as an external magnetic field. Now, consider one of the hormones( Testosterone or Oestrogen) to behave like Paramagnetic materials and the other one to behave like Diamagnetic objects. These materials may attract each other when they are exposed to an external field which we have already named them 'incompleteness'! Wonderful, fantastic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 27 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *

User avatar
[amal]
Gold Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Postby [amal] » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:28 am

Hi Behnam,

How are you?

Thanks dear for writing that "explanation post" to me and other friends.. I was too worried about you and I even write an off but there was no answer!
Your words were verrrrry shocking! I couldn't sleep that night when I read them! YOU ARE OLD???!!!! And you are speaking about leaving time???!!! Oh my god!!! just some white hears on your chest let you feel so??!!!!!! What should my father say???!!! He is older than you and he had a heart operation, too. He is still working and ,by the way, his job is very hard and important! But he doesn't complain and he doesn't speak about leaving time!!!

Dear Behnam again I am sorry for being late in reply, I am not stone-hearted but my grandma is sick and we took her to the hospital. Above that, the electricity was off last two days... And NO, I didn't get married because these days there are a lot of males but there is no men! I will tell you the rest of that story when we chat inshallah..

Anyway, thanksss a lot for " The Smell Of Love!", I loved reading the both parts, I even read them many times... You are smart! "as usual" {-; I love your life philosophy...

In one of your posts, you were confused about what field of books you can write, so why don't you write about your life philosophy?! I am sure it would be a great book and it would take a big success in all over the world..

About "dowry"I didn't get your point too! :lol: Why should girls' families give money for the boys??!!! As you said it's insulting!
Then why do you always say "ask Mohsen"?! Well, I will ask Mohsen... but why don't you speak and explain to us about your traditions?! why do you always feel that you aren't a part of that society?! {-:

Dear Mohsen please explain to us the philosophy behind dowry action!!!!

Behnam, what I meant by dowry and what is happening here is that girls' families ask a high "مؤخر و مقدم" for their girls and that means that the boy here who should pay the money, they also ask for gold and a house too... The girls' families here pay nothing except the cost of the engagement party.

So what I was saying is: If the girls families just have a little sympathy with the boys and didn't ask for a high amount of money, spinsterhood matter would be solved!

Dear, I heard that in Iran the government force the girls to wear the hejab, is that right?! Why should they do that?! what is the point behind this action?!

Don't you think that they should give them the freedom to choose and decide what they want?! Another thing came to my mind, if god himself, when he put the rules, he put them and left the choice to us and let us choose between the bad and the good thing, therefore the government shouldn't force them!

When we are forced to do sth, it becomes like a habit or a costume not a religious matter! And it doesn't show if the person were a believer or not..

For example, here most of the women who hide their faces and cover them with black hejab are bad, they hide their action with this costume and try to deludes people that they are religious women..
Therefore, whenever someone ask me why don't I hide my face, I immediately say NO! And the bad idea about the women who wear it come to my mind!! They completely spoiled the meaning of it.

The same thing happened when when we force a bad girl to wear the hejab, it will give a bad idea for others about it -especially for non-Muslims..
For sure the next generation will hate the hejab just because of this irresponsible action.

Thanks for reading.

Best wishes,
Amal

User avatar
behnam
Platinum Member
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Tehran
Contact:

Thank you for giving me motivation!

Postby behnam » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Amal,

So many thanks for your motivational post. It includes some nice points and some challenging questions.


[amal] wrote:Then why do you always say "ask Mohsen"?! Well, I will ask Mohsen... but why don't you speak and explain to us about your traditions?! why do you always feel that you aren't a part of that society?!


Obviously, each individual, in accordance with his/her skills, talents and interests, likes and dislikes, etc. is expert at some special and limited areas. Nobody can claim that s/he is expert in all areas. As far as I know, our friend Mohsen is an eagle-eyed person when it comes to social based issues. In addition, I'd like to motivate him to be more active, because I love reading his posts.

[amal] wrote:Dear, I heard that in Iran the government force the girls to wear the hejab, is that right?! Why should they do that?! what is the point behind this action?!


To be honest with you, I don't know whether the government or any other organization forces females to wear Hejab. My wife and all the ladies in my relatives wear Hejab, no matter if the government puts pressures on it or not. We are Muslim and we have been Muslim for years. I personally do believe in Hejab and this belief is not affected by the action of others. If all people in the world opposed the Islamic Hejab, I'd support it! I do mean what I am saying.

Let's assume that the government or some organizations put emphasize on wearing Hejab. I support them. We are living in an Islamic country, so we are supposed to follow the instructions of Islam. Thankfully, Hejab is clearly mentioned in the Holy Koran, so there is no rooms or excuses for misinterpretation.

In an Islamic society, women have to wear Hejab. If the don't cover their bodies, they threaten the mental health of the society. How? Well, men get excited by seeing sexual scenes while there is nowhere to satisfy their desires. In some countries sex industry is legal, so men welcome sexual excitement, because they easily can go to some legal places and do what they like by paying a little money. In an Islamic country, sex industry is illegal. For the sake of safety and health, Islamic rules about Hejab MUST be followed completely.

In my view, women who respect themselves and want me to respect them NEVER put her bodies on display. If they trigger my sexual desires without offering a solution for that, it will be like showing a glass of ice-water to a thirsty person in the summer and describing the quality of it! It is cruel. Even in forests, in wildlife animals do not do like that! If you are not going to give me a glass of water, at least don't remind my the water and its benefits. Don't make me more thirsty!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[amal] wrote:The same thing happened when when we force a bad girl to wear the hejab, it will give a bad idea for others about it -especially for non-Muslims.


A bad girl may have some good tempting things! :lol: :lol: :lol: In this case, the philosophy of forcing her to cover her body is protecting others from danger, not that bad girl, although Hejab can be useful even for that bad girl too. :lol:

There are many social problems in the societies. Hejab is one of them. Sometimes, the authorities purposely close their eyes to important areas of life such as economy, corruption, health, unemployment, etc. and draw attention to some minor problems. This is not acceptable. An Islamic country MUST smell Islam in all areas.

I have to leave right now. I guess this topic is worth discussing more and deeper.

It was sad to hear that your grandmother is sick. I wish health to your grandmother. May Allah protect her from all illness.

All the best,
Behnam, 28 December, 2013
ارادتمند شما
*بهنام *


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hurieh and 6 guests