Consider these expressions:
with all due respect - show respect - gain respect - have respect - lose respect - treat with respect - the greatest respect - grudging respect - a healthy respect - a mutual respect - lack of respect - a lot of respect - a mark of respect - out of respect
Now complete the sentences with the correct form of the above expressions
1) As a manager he's a disaster because he doesn't ..... of his staff. If the company wants to success, they will need to replace him.
2) It's important that new teachers gain the respect of their students. The job becomes impossible if you ..... of the class.
3) The driver shouldn't have shouted at the old lady in that way. Everyone has a right to be .....
4) I think young people today need to ..... to the older generation. Offering your seat on a bus to an old person is just one example.
5) The prime Minister ..... of many leaders all around the world for his attempts to prevent war between A and B!
6) The new player is not liked, but he's very talented and so he's won ..... of the team.
7) A successful marriage is based not only on love but also on ..... for each other.
8) Although I don't agree with his theories, I have ..... for his ideas.
9) Don't worry, I know what my opponent is I have ..... for his abilities.
10) No alcohol was served at the dinner, ..... for Muslim customs.
11) A minute's silence was observed as a .... for the victims of the disaster.
12) Many of these young men are out of control. They show a complete ..... for authority.
13) I've got ..... for my gran. She lost her husband when she was young and still managed to give her family a decent upbringing.
14) Sir, ....., I think that you are wrong.
Many useful and nice sentences are used in this post. I hope you'll enjoy reading them and seeing the beautiful structures we use in everyday life.
Good luck with practicing.
All the best,
Behnam, 18 July, 2014