Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Post Reply
User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by behnam » Fri May 24, 2019 5:52 am

Joe wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:17 am
behnam wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:14 pm
Joe wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:50 pm
This is such a great thread. Well done Behnam! :mrgreen:
Hi Joe,

Many thanks for your positive words. That is very kind of you.
Which aspect of the thread caused you to put such an inspiring, motivating and encouraging comment?

All the best,
Behnam, 23 May, 2019
Just the fact that it is still going since 13 Jan 2012, and on a variety of inspiring issues :-|
Thanks Joe. That's very kind of you. In fact, this wonderful site has the potential for gathering people and keeping them stayed long.
Joe, would you please correct our writings and let us practice some English and learn from your points? Just occasionally!

All the best,
Behnam, 24 May, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Body Covering!

Post by Mohsen » Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm

behnam wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:44 am
Mohsen wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm
behnam wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 pm
Hi there,

I don't know whether human beings should cover their bodies or not. If the answer is "no", why do people cover their bodies? If the answer is "yes", why and how much or which parts of body should be covered? Where do the limitations come from? In other words, what dos determine how much of one's body must be covered?

I am looking forwards to reading your comments.

All the best,
Behnam, 23 May, 2019
Hello
Human beings should cover their bodies , it is called modesty , generally covering body and modesty is for the purpose of maintaining a safe society in which men and women can interact in a professional and modest manner; a society in which women are not seen as sex objects by men, a society in which illicit sexual drives are minimized.
Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for putting comment on it. You are such a wise man. However, you didn't answer to my questions! What is "modesty"? Where does it come from? I know what its meaning is. It is such a useful and meaningful word. What is the root of "modesty"? Will you say "God Has given that to human beings, and for that Adam and Eva covered their bodies(sexual organs) with fig leaves? I need more. If it is given to all human beings, why do some people put their bodies on display?
Mohsen, I want you to dig the subject more and more. Let's talk as philosophers! LOL :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 24 May, 2019
Hi how are you

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Body Covering!

Post by Mohsen » Fri May 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Mohsen wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm
behnam wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:44 am
Mohsen wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm


Hello
Human beings should cover their bodies , it is called modesty , generally covering body and modesty is for the purpose of maintaining a safe society in which men and women can interact in a professional and modest manner; a society in which women are not seen as sex objects by men, a society in which illicit sexual drives are minimized.
Hi Mohsen,

Thanks for putting comment on it. You are such a wise man. However, you didn't answer to my questions! What is "modesty"? Where does it come from? I know what its meaning is. It is such a useful and meaningful word. What is the root of "modesty"? Will you say "God Has given that to human beings, and for that Adam and Eva covered their bodies(sexual organs) with fig leaves? I need more. If it is given to all human beings, why do some people put their bodies on display?
Mohsen, I want you to dig the subject more and more. Let's talk as philosophers! LOL :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 24 May, 2019
Hi Behnam
You'll play devil's advocate in asking me to talk as philosophers , ok philosopher Mohsen has limit time , but because of his friend' request send his idea as follow
The Modesty is in the nature of people , that is like love ,zeal ,kindness, tenderness , sympathy. also God has given some common features between animal and human . the examples are eating , excreting, sleeping , copulation. Animal has no talent , an animal which was living one million years ago , is living now with the same attributes. Human has talent , so it helps to change the human life day by day. human can use its talent to improve its material and spritual life ,improve all of its characteristics which God given . but some humans only like to improve their animal traits , so they omit the modesty from their life , following the animal nature , in the first step they unwear their covering to change like an animal apparent this is philosophy of human life in case of living nude

30 you


Hi how are you

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Lady Anne idea

Post by Mohsen » Fri May 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Image

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Lady Anne idea

Post by behnam » Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 pm

Mohsen wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:55 pm
Image
Nice lady, nice words! :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 25 May, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

TomiAguilera
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 11:41 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by TomiAguilera » Sat May 25, 2019 11:53 am

Much obliged for the heads up. I'll include it once the file refreshes later today. I didn't know about it - I don't believe there's been a discharge in its US.

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Sat May 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Joe wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 am
Mohsen wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0g-46AtwSM[/youtube]
Joe why Theresa May is dancing in Tory party , what is Dancing queen?
Who knows, Mohsen? There is no limit to British politicians' idiocy. "Dancing Queen" was a 1976 pop song by the Swedish group ABBA. Perhaps Theresa May has pretensions not only in dancing but to be queen. Let us hope not.
It seems that all wishes of Dancing Queen gone with wind

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Sat May 25, 2019 7:20 pm

TomiAguilera wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:53 am
Much obliged for the heads up. I'll include it once the file refreshes later today. I didn't know about it - I don't believe there's been a discharge in its US.
What is the heads up you were much obliged to ? Is the file refreshed ?

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Sun May 26, 2019 1:54 am

Image

This is a beautiful mosque in my city (Esfahan-Iran) I visit this place every other day ..
You see in the comment ( helen ) can't believe that it is a real place

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Ramadan in Iran

Post by Mohsen » Sun May 26, 2019 1:57 am

Image
Many people visit Iran , during the Ramadan

User avatar
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Joe » Sun May 26, 2019 5:36 am

Mohsen wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:13 pm
Joe wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 am
Mohsen wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0g-46AtwSM[/youtube]
Joe why Theresa May is dancing in Tory party , what is Dancing queen?
Who knows, Mohsen? There is no limit to British politicians' idiocy. "Dancing Queen" was a 1976 pop song by the Swedish group ABBA. Perhaps Theresa May has pretensions not only in dancing but to be queen. Let us hope not.
It seems that all wishes of Dancing Queen gone with wind
Haha Mohsen. Gone with the Wind! And this year, exceptionally, the end of May falls in June :lol:
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Mon May 27, 2019 10:32 am

Joe wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:36 am
Mohsen wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:13 pm
Joe wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 am

Who knows, Mohsen? There is no limit to British politicians' idiocy. "Dancing Queen" was a 1976 pop song by the Swedish group ABBA. Perhaps Theresa May has pretensions not only in dancing but to be queen. Let us hope not.
It seems that all wishes of Dancing Queen gone with wind
Haha Mohsen. Gone with the Wind! And this year, exceptionally, the end of May falls in June :lol:
Big up to Joe ,odd sentence ...May falls in June :~: :~:

User avatar
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Joe » Mon May 27, 2019 10:55 am

Hi Mohsen. Not sure if you're asking about the expression "to fall in/on some month/day".

It's a common expression, for example:

This year Easter falls in April. (Some years it falls in March.)
This year my birthday falls on a Thursday.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

I have missed my friends!

Post by behnam » Tue May 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi Mohsen,

How are you doing? I hope you are fine. How is fasting?

Mohsen, I have missed my friends. One of them was from Isfahan, I think from your province. Have you got any news about Elham?

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Wed May 29, 2019 8:20 am

Joe wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:55 am
Hi Mohsen. Not sure if you're asking about the expression "to fall in/on some month/day".

It's a common expression, for example:

This year Easter falls in April. (Some years it falls in March.)
This year my birthday falls on a Thursday.
Hi Joe,we have the same expression in our language , Persian,, but for May falls in June , you made a quip ,because May here has two edges word. I wonder about some English words for example the word of have ,which means possession and eating , is the have drives from one stem for two meanings?

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: I have missed my friends!

Post by Mohsen » Wed May 29, 2019 8:26 am

behnam wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:43 pm
Hi Mohsen,

How are you doing? I hope you are fine. How is fasting?

Mohsen, I have missed my friends. One of them was from Isfahan, I think from your province. Have you got any news about Elham?

All the best,
Behnam, 28 May, 2019
Hi Behnam,
You know that night of 23th was very important during Ramadan , ( this is called Night of Destiny) Millions of people observed this night ,which represents a great chance for Muslims during the holy fasting month of Ramadan to purify their souls and further focus on the spiritual aspects of life.
the Laylat al-Qadr (the Night of Destiny) which is believed to be the night when the first verses of the holy Quran were revealed to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) some 14 centuries ago.
The Night of Destiny is also thought to be the night when God decides the fate of everyone for the coming year.

Muslims recite the holy Qu’ran, hold vigils until dawn in prayers and supplications and ask God to forgive them for their sins. Muslims also have special wishes and prayers on this special night.

Last night I was in Imam Mosque until 3.5 AM among people .
I have no news from Elham , there were hundreds of girls in the last night ceremony , but I couldn't find her {-: :-( .. maybe she is in a mosque near to her house , asking God to make her destiny in a way to find a good hasband ,maybe similar to Behnam {-; {-;


Image

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

tourists are at large

Post by Mohsen » Wed May 29, 2019 8:36 am

Nowadays there are many tourists come to Isfahan , because good weather , beautiful river , cheap price , lovely people.
Image

They are waiting for the one hour after sunset time to eat their Eftar , in middle of square
Image

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Serious psychological illness!

Post by behnam » Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 am

Dear friends,

In this post, I am going to write about two serious psychological illnesses; pride and interest seeking.

Pride means having a feeling of being good and worthy. The word pride can be used in a good sense as well as in a bad sense. In a good sense it means having a feeling of self-respect. They can be proud of something good that they have done. They can be proud of (or take pride in) their work. They might be proud of their son or daughter or husband or wife or anyone else who is close to them and who has done something good. People can be proud of their country (patriotism). The opposite would be to be ashamed of someone or something. In a bad sense, pride can mean that someone has an exaggerated sense of feeling good. This might mean that someone has no respect for what other people do, only respect for what he or she does. Someone who is described as proud may be arrogant. The word is used in this sense in the saying: “Pride comes before a fall” (meaning that someone is so overconfident that he or she might soon have a disaster). If pride encourages us to do good things and to gain self-respect, it is good. Otherwise, it will cause stress and will result in psychological illness.

Human beings are inherently benefit seekers. Whatever we do; all our actions and reactions root in either benefit gaining or loss disposing. Whatever we look for; such as attention, health, wealth, power, fame etc. root in benefit seeking. In fact, benefit gaining and loss disposing are two important instincts which are necessary for preserving survival. However, there is thin line between Interest seeking and benefit seeking. The first one is bad, but the second one is good. If the first one becomes a habit, it will cause worries and stresses and result in psychological illness.


It seems there is a thin line between being normal and abnormal. A balance limit must be maintained.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019

ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: tourists are at large

Post by behnam » Thu May 30, 2019 8:38 am

Mohsen wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:36 am
Nowadays there are many tourists come to Isfahan , because good weather , beautiful river , cheap price , lovely people.
Image

They are waiting for the one hour after sunset time to eat their Eftar , in middle of square
Image
Hi Mohsen,

Many thanks for sharing these photos of tourists. In the first photo, they are all smiling. Why?

Who has taken the photos, you? How?
Where are they from? France?

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Thu May 30, 2019 10:48 am

http://uupload.ir/filelink/5NKkAXJHiSJw ... -49-52.mov

Hi Behnam,
Have you seen the video , the song which a Isfahani sing with tourists

Ye estekan chai , to hozeton my

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by behnam » Thu May 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Mohsen wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:48 am
http://uupload.ir/filelink/5NKkAXJHiSJw ... -49-52.mov

Hi Behnam,
Have you seen the video , the song which a Isfahani sing with tourists

Ye estekan chai , to hozeton my
So Funny! Where are they from? Many tourists! You see, they easily come Iran and enjoy their travel, but for us, that is quite difficult to visit a foreign country. We cannot afford it.

Please answer to my questions Mohsen! {-:

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Serious psychological illness!

Post by behnam » Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 pm

behnam wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 am
Dear friends,

In this post, I am going to write about two serious psychological illnesses; pride and interest seeking.

Pride means having a feeling of being good and worthy. The word pride can be used in a good sense as well as in a bad sense. In a good sense it means having a feeling of self-respect. They can be proud of something good that they have done. They can be proud of (or take pride in) their work. They might be proud of their son or daughter or husband or wife or anyone else who is close to them and who has done something good. People can be proud of their country (patriotism). The opposite would be to be ashamed of someone or something. In a bad sense, pride can mean that someone has an exaggerated sense of feeling good. This might mean that someone has no respect for what other people do, only respect for what he or she does. Someone who is described as proud may be arrogant. The word is used in this sense in the saying: “Pride comes before a fall” (meaning that someone is so overconfident that he or she might soon have a disaster). If pride encourages us to do good things and to gain self-respect, it is good. Otherwise, it will cause stress and will result in psychological illness.

Human beings are inherently benefit seekers. Whatever we do; all our actions and reactions root in either benefit gaining or loss disposing. Whatever we look for; such as attention, health, wealth, power, fame etc. root in benefit seeking. In fact, benefit gaining and loss disposing are two important instincts which are necessary for preserving survival. However, there is thin line between Interest seeking and benefit seeking. The first one is bad, but the second one is good. If the first one becomes a habit, it will cause worries and stresses and result in psychological illness.


It seems there is a thin line between being normal and abnormal. A balance limit must be maintained.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019

Mohsen, why didn't you put comments on this?
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

The day of Quds

Post by Mohsen » Thu May 30, 2019 2:48 pm

Image
Opposition to Israeli policies growing among Jews in USA

For most of its existence since 1948, Israel has had the support of most Jews in the US. There were dissident voices, especially among Jewish members of socialist and communist organisations. And the radicalisation of young people in the 1960s resulted in a layer of young Jews questioning Israeli policies towards Palestinians and Israel’s support for apartheid South Africa and the US Vietnam War. But most Jewish people in the US continued to support Israel.

That is beginning to change, on different levels. This is important because US imperialism’s military and economic support for Israel is key to the maintenance of the Jewish-supremacist state. As more US Jews speak out to one degree or another in opposition to Israeli policies, they can have an impact.

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Serious psychological illness!

Post by Mohsen » Thu May 30, 2019 2:52 pm

behnam wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 pm
behnam wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 am
Dear friends,

In this post, I am going to write about two serious psychological illnesses; pride and interest seeking.

Pride means having a feeling of being good and worthy. The word pride can be used in a good sense as well as in a bad sense. In a good sense it means having a feeling of self-respect. They can be proud of something good that they have done. They can be proud of (or take pride in) their work. They might be proud of their son or daughter or husband or wife or anyone else who is close to them and who has done something good. People can be proud of their country (patriotism). The opposite would be to be ashamed of someone or something. In a bad sense, pride can mean that someone has an exaggerated sense of feeling good. This might mean that someone has no respect for what other people do, only respect for what he or she does. Someone who is described as proud may be arrogant. The word is used in this sense in the saying: “Pride comes before a fall” (meaning that someone is so overconfident that he or she might soon have a disaster). If pride encourages us to do good things and to gain self-respect, it is good. Otherwise, it will cause stress and will result in psychological illness.

Human beings are inherently benefit seekers. Whatever we do; all our actions and reactions root in either benefit gaining or loss disposing. Whatever we look for; such as attention, health, wealth, power, fame etc. root in benefit seeking. In fact, benefit gaining and loss disposing are two important instincts which are necessary for preserving survival. However, there is thin line between Interest seeking and benefit seeking. The first one is bad, but the second one is good. If the first one becomes a habit, it will cause worries and stresses and result in psychological illness.


It seems there is a thin line between being normal and abnormal. A balance limit must be maintained.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019

Mohsen, why didn't you put comments on this?
Behnam , Pride or proud which one is correct ?

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Quds international day

Post by Mohsen » Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Image

What is some Jews say : Israeli Zionists are not Jewish
Heresy Murder and Theft

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Serious psychological illness!

Post by behnam » Thu May 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Mohsen wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:52 pm
behnam wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 pm
behnam wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 am
Dear friends,

In this post, I am going to write about two serious psychological illnesses; pride and interest seeking.

Pride means having a feeling of being good and worthy. The word pride can be used in a good sense as well as in a bad sense. In a good sense it means having a feeling of self-respect. They can be proud of something good that they have done. They can be proud of (or take pride in) their work. They might be proud of their son or daughter or husband or wife or anyone else who is close to them and who has done something good. People can be proud of their country (patriotism). The opposite would be to be ashamed of someone or something. In a bad sense, pride can mean that someone has an exaggerated sense of feeling good. This might mean that someone has no respect for what other people do, only respect for what he or she does. Someone who is described as proud may be arrogant. The word is used in this sense in the saying: “Pride comes before a fall” (meaning that someone is so overconfident that he or she might soon have a disaster). If pride encourages us to do good things and to gain self-respect, it is good. Otherwise, it will cause stress and will result in psychological illness.

Human beings are inherently benefit seekers. Whatever we do; all our actions and reactions root in either benefit gaining or loss disposing. Whatever we look for; such as attention, health, wealth, power, fame etc. root in benefit seeking. In fact, benefit gaining and loss disposing are two important instincts which are necessary for preserving survival. However, there is thin line between Interest seeking and benefit seeking. The first one is bad, but the second one is good. If the first one becomes a habit, it will cause worries and stresses and result in psychological illness.


It seems there is a thin line between being normal and abnormal. A balance limit must be maintained.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019

Mohsen, why didn't you put comments on this?
Behnam , Pride or proud which one is correct ?
Dear Mohsen, as you know, pride is noun(in Farsi we say غرور), and proud is adjective(مغرور). So, I definitely meant "pride"!

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Serious psychological illness!

Post by Mohsen » Fri May 31, 2019 2:10 am

behnam wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 pm
behnam wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 am
Dear friends,

In this post, I am going to write about two serious psychological illnesses; pride and interest seeking.


Human beings are inherently benefit seekers. Whatever we do; all our actions and reactions root in either benefit gaining or loss disposing. Whatever we look for; such as attention, health, wealth, power, fame etc. root in benefit seeking. In fact, benefit gaining and loss disposing are two important instincts which are necessary for preserving survival. However, there is thin line between Interest seeking and benefit seeking. The first one is bad, but the second one is good. If the first one becomes a habit, it will cause worries and stresses and result in psychological illness.


It seems there is a thin line between being normal and abnormal. A balance limit must be maintained.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019

Mohsen, why didn't you put comments on this?
Hello Behnam,
The second part is ambiguous , what is interest seeking ? why it is bad?
Generally benefit seeking is not worked out for all actions , imagine a mother who breast feed her baby , she considers no benefit for her action .
ex.helping other people , maybe has no benefit for a materialist (marxist) , but he/she does it..

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Serious psychological illness!

Post by behnam » Fri May 31, 2019 3:46 am

Dear friends,

In this post, I am going to write about two serious psychological illnesses; pride and interest seeking.


Human beings are inherently benefit seekers. Whatever we do; all our actions and reactions root in either benefit gaining or loss disposing. Whatever we look for; such as attention, health, wealth, power, fame etc. root in benefit seeking. In fact, benefit gaining and loss disposing are two important instincts which are necessary for preserving survival. However, there is thin line between Interest seeking and benefit seeking. The first one is bad, but the second one is good. If the first one becomes a habit, it will cause worries and stresses and result in psychological illness.


It seems there is a thin line between being normal and abnormal. A balance limit must be maintained.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019



Hello Behnam,
The second part is ambiguous , what is interest seeking ? why it is bad?
Generally benefit seeking is not worked out for all actions , imagine a mother who breast feed her baby , she considers no benefit for her action .
ex.helping other people , maybe has no benefit for a materialist (marxist) , but he/she does it..

[/quote]

Hi Mohsen,
Thanks for your comment.
I couldn't find a proper word to describe the negative side of (منفعت‌طلبی) better than self-interest seeking.
About some actions such as breast feeding by mothers, it is done by instinct. "All mammalian females have maternal responses, or instincts". It is managed by hormone I guess.
By the way, there are different benefits in the world. Benefit has a wide-ranging definition. It includes many things. It can be spiritual, economic, social, emotional, physical, etc.! {-:

For ordinary human beings like us, necessity is the mother of all actions and reactions! I am writing this post in the hope of gaining some benefits. I am not making money by posting here, but I am still providing some benefits. There are different benefits in posting here. I can list them. For your information, even the phrase "How good Behnam writes" is beneficial to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 31 May, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Serious psychological illness!

Post by Mohsen » Fri May 31, 2019 7:27 pm

behnam wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:46 am
Dear friends,

In this post, I am going to write about two serious psychological illnesses; pride and interest seeking.


Human beings are inherently benefit seekers. Whatever we do; all our actions and reactions root in either benefit gaining or loss disposing. Whatever we look for; such as attention, health, wealth, power, fame etc. root in benefit seeking. In fact, benefit gaining and loss disposing are two important instincts which are necessary for preserving survival. However, there is thin line between Interest seeking and benefit seeking. The first one is bad, but the second one is good. If the first one becomes a habit, it will cause worries and stresses and result in psychological illness.


It seems there is a thin line between being normal and abnormal. A balance limit must be maintained.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 May, 2019



Hello Behnam,
The second part is ambiguous , what is interest seeking ? why it is bad?
Generally benefit seeking is not worked out for all actions , imagine a mother who breast feed her baby , she considers no benefit for her action .
ex.helping other people , maybe has no benefit for a materialist (marxist) , but he/she does it..
Hi Mohsen,
Thanks for your comment.
I couldn't find a proper word to describe the negative side of (منفعت‌طلبی) better than self-interest seeking.
About some actions such as breast feeding by mothers, it is done by instinct. "All mammalian females have maternal responses, or instincts". It is managed by hormone I guess.
By the way, there are different benefits in the world. Benefit has a wide-ranging definition. It includes many things. It can be spiritual, economic, social, emotional, physical, etc.! {-:

For ordinary human beings like us, necessity is the mother of all actions and reactions! I am writing this post in the hope of gaining some benefits. I am not making money by posting here, but I am still providing some benefits. There are different benefits in posting here. I can list them. For your information, even the phrase "How good Behnam writes" is beneficial to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 31 May, 2019

[/quote]

Hello Behnam
The most valuable thing for a person is his/her life (body) .what is the benefit of the people who would be killed for the soil their homeland in a war, what is the benefit of a person who was killed for the soil of his homeland?

You see that many people say the soil of their homeland is sacred. People of Iran say Iran soil is sacred , people of UK say the UK soil is sacred , people of Germany say the soil of Germany is sacred , people of Japan ,Korea , China , Russia ...and so on say the same..
generally it depends where you was born ? so the total soil of earth is sacred.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Quds international day

Post by Mohsen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:19 am

Image
During the Quds day childern were palying and splashing in the water while we were boiling and gazing at the water with desirous eyes

Image

Tourists attend Quds Day rallies in Isfahan

I can't get what is written in the white board ,, Behnam , is it french ?

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Quds international day

Post by behnam » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:41 am

Mohsen wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:19 am
Image
During the Quds day childern were palying and splashing in the water while we were boiling and gazing at the water with desirous eyes

Image

Tourists attend Quds Day rallies in Isfahan

I can't get what is written in the white board ,, Behnam , is it french ?
Hi Mohsen,
Nous soutenons la palestine=We support Palestine.

Yes Mohsen, that is in French!

All the Best,
Behnam, 1 June, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Organ transplantation in Iran

Post by Mohsen » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:26 am

Image
picture Abualisina hospital in Shiraz

The first heart transplantation was done on a woman in 1967 in South Africa – Cape town which was died 18 days later.
The history of Organ transplantation in Iran started as follow
Year Successfully Transplanted Organ/Tissue By
1935 Cornea Dr. Mohammad Gholi Shams
1968 Kidney Dr. Seyed Mohammad Sanadizadeh
1991 Bone marrow Dr. Ardeshir Ghavamzadeh
1992 Intestine Dr. Iraj Fazel
1993 Liver Dr. Seyed Ali Malek Hosseini
1993 Heart Dr. Hossein Mandegar
2000 Lung Dr. Seyed Hassan Ahmadi
2006 Pancreas Dr. Saman Nik Eghbalian

At lest about 100 heart transplantation is done each year . The heart transplantation is done in 9 hospitals which are modern hospital in Iran .
Tehran : Shriaty hospital – Masieh Danesvary hospital- Rajaei hospital – Imam Khomeini hospital
Isfahan: Chamran hospital
Mashhad: Imam Reza hospital
Shiraz: Namazi Haopital-Baghiyatallah Hospital , Bualisina hospital
I don’t know maybe there are more hospitals in Iran . There are people who come from other countries to do organ transplantation in Iran . Because of modern hospital , skillful doctors ,and price.
Heart transplantation in Iran was first performed in July 1993. Since then, Shariati Hospital, affiliated to Tehran University of Medical Sciences, has been representing the most active center of cardiac transplantation in Iran and one of the major sites in the Middle East.
Behnam : Do you know more hospital in Iran for heart transplantation

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Organ transplantation in Iran

Post by behnam » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:31 am

Mohsen wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:26 am

picture Abualisina hospital in Shiraz

The first heart transplantation was done on a woman in 1967 in South Africa – Cape town which was died 18 days later.
Behnam : Do you know more hospital in Iran for heart transplantation
Hi Mohsen,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing good.

Dear Mohsen, unfortunately, I have not accurate information about hospitals in Iran. But, I know many foreigners from different countries, even from Europe come Iran to receive medical treatment. Iran is good from medical science standpoint.

Happy Eid-Al-Fitr to you!

All the best,
Behnam, 4 June, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Happy Eidul-Fitr!

Post by behnam » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:34 am

Happy Eid ul-Fitr to all Muslim brothers and sisters in all over the world!

All the best,
Behnam, 4 June, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Happy Eid ul-Fitr!

Post by behnam » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:36 am

Image
Happy Eid ul-Fitr to all Muslim brothers
and sisters in all over the world!


All the best,
Behnam, 4 June, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Imam Khomeini's 30th Anniversary!

Post by behnam » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Image
I convey my condolences to the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Imam Khomeini.

All the best,
Behnam, 4 June, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Imam Khomeini's 30th Anniversary!

Post by Mohsen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 pm

behnam wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:17 pm
Image
I convey my condolences to the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Imam Khomeini.

All the best,
Behnam, 4 June, 2019
From leader 's memories ( Imam Khamenie) about Imam Khomeini


The leader of this nation and revolution was a man who took over the most difficult tasks at the age of 80. The day Imam Khomeini entered Iran, he was about eighty years old. He never said he was too old or too tired. In 1981, when I had come to Tehran once from Ahwaz, I visited him and shared with him some complaints about a matter. He wanted me to invite individuals he had selected for a meeting. The meeting was held on the same day, on short notice; but the young-hearted, spirited and powerful elderly man chaired the meeting, and never mentioned a feeling of fatigue. When the work is for the love of God, it doesn’t make one tired, and time won’t matter. Once, a shamed individual who had pretentiously joined the believers, said a word and Imam Khomeini answered: “If you do not want to do it, stay away! I will do it myself!” They couldn’t believe how Imam took over responsibilities like a young man.

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Happy Eid ul-Fitr!

Post by Mohsen » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:26 pm

behnam wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:36 am
Image
Happy Eid ul-Fitr to all Muslim brothers
and sisters in all over the world!


All the best,
Behnam, 4 June, 2019

Image

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Perhaps the U.S. president is confusing the word “cheering” with “jeering,”

Post by Mohsen » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Image

it is written " Every tan you fake" on the woman's T-shirt !!
I don't know the meaning of it , What is your Idea? Behnam ,Joe ,.. do you know?

Also another sentence
Donald Trump has dismissed protests against his visit to the UK as "organised flops", saying that the larger crowds were made up of his supporters.

What is the meaning of "organised flops" ?

User avatar
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Joe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Sorry to disappoint you Mohsen: I don't know what "tan" means!
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven

User avatar
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Joe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 pm

But i suspect it's very cleverly related to the...

Every XXX you XXX
Every XXX you XXX
Every XXX you XXX

That's what's written on the woman's (are you sure?) tee-shirt / chest/ breast.

Get it? Must be some trendy song. Maybe you can find it in YouTube.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven

User avatar
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Joe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:24 pm

"flop" is something that fails (like a loser :twisted: )

"organize" means "arrange systematically, order, control"
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven

User avatar
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Perhaps the U.S. president is confusing the word “cheering” with “jeering,”

Post by behnam » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:23 pm

Mohsen wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:05 pm
it is written " Every tan you fake" on the woman's T-shirt !!
I don't know the meaning of it , What is your Idea? Behnam ,Joe ,.. do you know?


Hi Mohsen,

I think, the meaning of "Every tan you fake" can be understood by noticing the last sentence 'Every law you break'. I guess(only guess)Tan is a good skin colour that can be gotten by a lot of attempts and efforts; putting yourself in front of the Sun for a period of time and giving the light of it to skin with a special discipline. I guess, its process is not easy, but the result can be considered a great success. I again guess, some people in the North Europe have too much bright(whitish) skin colour. Then, tanning is changing its colour to brown or brownish by Sun light. Now, imagine a whitish-skinned person uses a mask or a cream to make their skin colour brown! S/he is faking, isn't s/he? {-:

I am not sure about my answer. You should know that what I wrote is my own idea about "Every tan you fake".

It was just a try. My answer is maybe funny, but I am happy, I give you an answer at least! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 6 June, 2019
ارادتمند شما
*Behi *

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:18 pm
Sorry to disappoint you Mohsen: I don't know what "tan" means!
so I expected too much of myself

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Joe wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 pm
But i suspect it's very cleverly related to the...

Every XXX you XXX
Every XXX you XXX
Every XXX you XXX

That's what's written on the woman's (are you sure?) tee-shirt / chest/ breast.

Get it? Must be some trendy song. Maybe you can find it in YouTube.
Yes , the rhyme in sentences made it a satirical lyric which are said by people

It is written on the shirts ,selling about 30 $

Image

Also in placards


Image

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Perhaps the U.S. president is confusing the word “cheering” with “jeering,”

Post by Mohsen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:55 pm

behnam wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:23 pm
Mohsen wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:05 pm
it is written " Every tan you fake" on the woman's T-shirt !!
I don't know the meaning of it , What is your Idea? Behnam ,Joe ,.. do you know?


Hi Mohsen,

I think, the meaning of "Every tan you fake" can be understood by noticing the last sentence 'Every law you break'. I guess(only guess)Tan is a good skin colour that can be gotten by a lot of attempts and efforts; putting yourself in front of the Sun for a period of time and giving the light of it to skin with a special discipline. I guess, its process is not easy, but the result can be considered a great success. I again guess, some people in the North Europe have too much bright(whitish) skin colour. Then, tanning is changing its colour to brown or brownish by Sun light. Now, imagine a whitish-skinned person uses a mask or a cream to make their skin colour brown! S/he is faking, isn't s/he? {-:

I am not sure about my answer. You should know that what I wrote is my own idea about "Every tan you fake".

It was just a try. My answer is maybe funny, but I am happy, I give you an answer at least! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best,
Behnam, 6 June, 2019
You are a diligent analyser, there is an irony in the sentence , when a person sees black and tells white, that is what he always say that the USA is fighting against terrorist .. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mohsen on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Perhaps the U.S. president is confusing the word “cheering” with “jeering,”

Post by Mohsen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Mohsen wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:55 pm
behnam wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:23 pm
Mohsen wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:05 pm
it is written " Every tan you fake" on the woman's T-shirt !!
I don't know the meaning of it , What is your Idea? Behnam ,Joe ,.. do you know?


I think the P is written in capital . Behnam look at the sentence on the hat .do you know why the P is written in capital
Image

User avatar
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:56 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Joe » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Seems you’re right about fake tans!

I think the p is lower case. It has a descender, ie case down below the other letters.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven

Elham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Elham » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:11 am


Hiiiii there again after so long.

And a special HELLO to dear Behnam, Mohesn and old friends of mine.

How are you doing? Hows life? How are you spending warm and sunny days of summer? Hope everything's alright there with you all.

Today I came across a qoute about kindness. Let me share it with you:
" How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time"

And I do believe in it firmly. Actually, kindness has been the most beautiful thing Ive ever experienced in my life. Specially when it comes to relationships and friendship it counts double.
In my idea kindness is the essense and number one need in friendship. However it differs whom you receive it from. When you get it from those whom you have respect for and like, the pleasure is multiplied.

When I review my memories of past, the sweetests are those highlighted with the light of kindness and affection.And it melts my heart again.

From my point of view, this is why people seek love and desperately need it. Love is when you find someone right and good for you enough to be the kindest with and enjoy receiving his/her acts of kindness as well.


"Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis"

Lets be wise enough to be kind enough as someone has put it this way:" What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?”

Dear Behnam, you are truly my golden friend for all your generous acts of kindness and loyalty towards me and our great friendship
Love,
Eli


/color]

User avatar
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by Mohsen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello dear Elham,
long time no see
Where have been Elham , it took almost one year from your last post , did you start a new life? The warmest priod of year began , I like it , specially for the season furits .
Image

it was volleyball match between Iran - Canada at 18.30 , volleyball is one of my favoirte sport . I looked at the clock time to time , I prepared a basket of cherry and apricot on the table and got ready to start eating as soon as the match starts , finally Iran won the game in three set and I ate about one kilo of cheery and apricot {-: {-: {-: {-:

About kindness and love , these are two most important features of human , how many times our prophet and our Imams emphasised on them , the kindness and love to parents is the first proirity , to childern ,to hasband and wife , to neighbors , to poor people ...

But kindness and love are two factors , there other factors which are important for being in continus happiness and managing a good life . The most important is having a goal in life .

See you

Post Reply