Part time jobs are a waste of time

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

YouJing

Part time jobs are a waste of time

Post by YouJing »

Are part time jobs a waste of time? i don't think so. Because part time jobs can increase your working experience. If you are bored you can do part time jobs. Maybe you can make money, and can make friend. I think part time jobs are a waste of time.
sylvia

Re: Part time jobs are a waste of time

Post by sylvia »

Not for me, I never wanted to work full time, bringing up 3 boys, I needed to be home when they came home from school.
Whoever said they (part-time jobs) were a waste of time knew very little, I successfully helped run two small business's P/T so please by saying this you are trying to belittle people.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Being a musician, I've got the opportunity to work either too much or too little. For example, my regular work normally took about 15 hours per week. Wasn't it nice? On the other hand, during school holidays (especially in January)I had to work much more without days off. I've got used to it. Now, how should I call my job, part time or regular one?
It's almost the same with gigs: you either have too many, or none at all.
By the way, I can't understand how YouJing actually regards P/T job, positive or negative. Well, it looks like he (or she) is positive about P/T job, but the conclusion, alas, is antithetical!
YouJing wrote:Are part time jobs a waste of time? i don't think so...I think part time jobs are a waste of time.
{-;
PowerEnglish

Post by PowerEnglish »

It is purely dependent on one's circumstances. For some people they are the perfect opportunity. Students, parents, actors or artists to name a few. However, for someone looking to drive forward in a career, full time is probably the favorable option. In my opinion they are certainly not a waste of time but as I said, it purely depends on circumstances.
-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.power-english.co.uk/

For the highest quality British and American English
proofreading and editing services.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Meticulous

Post by Meticulous »

On some stage of life or circumstances part time jobs can be more preferred than full time one. I mean time of education or bringing up children. There are also some specific professions that suggest part time jobs. And it is not wasting of time. Wasting of time is doing nothing, although even in that there is some reason in many cases.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Meticulous wrote:...There are also some specific professions that suggest part time jobs. And it is not wasting of time. Wasting of time is doing nothing, although even in that there is some reason in many cases.
Absolutely!
Absolutely impossible to schedule the work time of, say, art director, musicians and the cast a week before opening a new show. Rehearsal presumes necessity to spend extra time, so they may have to work up to twelve hours per day in a theatre. Most likely, after the opening night the template of their life comes back to the norm, which is close to the definition of part-time job.

As to the 'wasting time', I think it's not good in any case. This collocation itself tends to the negative meaning. Another thing, when people refuse from action for the sake of some reason - sometimes inaction makes sense!
lesaharm

Post by lesaharm »

Hi, all

I don't think so that Part time jobs are a waste of time because, if you are studing, then it would be really nice to pic a part time job and make some handfull of cash, since this would help you to become more independet. If
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

lesaharm wrote:Hi, all

I don't think so that Part time jobs are a waste of time because, if you are studying, then it would be really nice to pick a part time job and make some handfull of cash, since this would help you to become more independent. If
yes, you are right it's not a waste of time. If I will think of the condition here in my own country only, I know, that a part time employment will not only help the students (who have part time jobs), but their family too.
lesaharm

Post by lesaharm »

Hi,

I also completly agree with other bloggers that part time jobs are not at all a waste of time.

As one of my friend youjing has posted that part time jobs can increase your working experience.

YES, I agree, besides, they even help in increasing your finances. You can earn more money and make your living better. Apart from that who wants to be independent and want some cash in hand all the time, but can't opt for full time offers, can defineitely try part time jobs. As this will keep them independent and they will able to pay more attention to their personal duties as well.
lesaharm

Post by lesaharm »

Hi, krisi

Thank you for replying! You are absolutely right that you can undestand better about your sitaution and all the laws and flaws of your country better tehn any one. I wish you all the luck for your future. If you need any of the help regarding part time teaching profession, you can checkout web sources for part time professor job and how much they are been paid of.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

lesaharm wrote:Hi, krisi

Thank you for replying! You are absolutely right that you can undestand better about your sitaution and all the laws and flaws of your country better tehn any one. I wish you all the luck for your future. If you need any of the help regarding part time teaching profession, you can checkout web sources for part time professor job and how much they are been paid of.
Nice of you. Honestly speaking I don't trust them anymore. :-) Thank you.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

lesaharm wrote:Hi, krisi

and believe me I have applied in a lot of them... and I guess the more I should be doubtful if it's an online job.
there was one who was trying to collect a big amount of money from me. Some people just don't understand why we want to work; it is mainly because we need to support ourselves so how come they are asking money from applicants. I will understand if it's a pay later arrangement for some expenses but pay first is a .. . :?:
:roll:

(up to this time I am still keeping with me the documents/ contract they have sent me thru email. Showing interest in hiring me but needs to pay some money.)