How Do You Motivate Yourself To Write?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

CDawson

How Do You Motivate Yourself To Write?

Post by CDawson »

I call to mind the following quote from Vladimir Nabokov when I'm looking for motivation to write: The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.
I help people get results with written subject matter.
Click on my link for details regarding my website.
www.writtencommunicationcompany.com
zipzap

Re: How Do You Motivate Yourself To Write?

Post by zipzap »

Nice way, and nice quote!

I just promise to myself, that i must write at least one post to some english speaking forum. I signed up in five different forums, and write couple of posts every day.
jeffradler

Post by jeffradler »

Writing is not an easy task at all. You have to consider important aspects like:

1. Readability
2. Tactfulness
3. Positivity
4. Activeness
5. Coherence
6. Clarity
7. Conciseness

If you don’t keep the above points in mind, your manager might question your writing skills. So it’s better not to take your writing very lightly, and improve it. There are many organizations such as “The Language Lab” online, that can save your resources and time
CDawson

Post by CDawson »

zipzap wrote:Nice way, and nice quote!

I just promise to myself, that i must write at least one post to some english speaking forum. I signed up in five different forums, and write couple of posts every day.
For what it is worth, I recommend that you read A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language. The book is excellent. Do you want to learn more about adverbs? The book educates the reader on adjuncts, conjuncts, subjuncts and disjuncts. After you become proficient with syntax, learn about structuring content. I hope this information was helpful.
I help people get results with written subject matter.
Click on my link for details regarding my website.
www.writtencommunicationcompany.com
Mouhcine

Post by Mouhcine »

I find no better way other than writing about something that actually interests you. Reading is one of the prerequisites to improving your writing skills. However, not any type of reading. Books that are tailored to your English level are found to be the best for learning and improving. It is just common sense that reading tough and difficult books frustrated you and does not allow you to learn. It is the same with writing. You are unlikely to struggle for motivation when the topic actually interests you and is not something that's forced upon.
Thank you!
Mouhcine
sanjaySinha

Post by sanjaySinha »

I look motivated while writing because my mind is set on writing... I don't take it as work I enjoy writing and feel the emotion of readers concerns.
Sanjay Sinha
Teaching English from 5 years
https://www.englishsikho.com