Meaning of Words formation

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

EnglishL

Meaning of Words formation

Post by EnglishL »

Hello,
How to learn English and like example there is Cognizance how to find its meaning by breaking it in two halves?
fatimaso

Re: Meaning of Words formation

Post by fatimaso »

hi
do u know any software for morphology training and learning words in English? unfortunately i always forget the meaning of words. :-(
marguerite

Post by marguerite »

I too was struggling in exploring the meaning of a word by splitting it or by going into the roots. But then I saw my nephew, who is just 10 years old but is very comfortable with deriving the meaning of a word using splitting and finding word-root skills. Was awestruck when he used to derive the meaning of most of the word asked by me. I asked him his secret of the skill he developed in such an early age. He told that, he developed this skill at English Ashburn, VA which focuses on overall development of child's english speaking and writing skills. Also gives attention on how to create new words by exploring roots and joining small words into the bigger one. This seems that, to develop the skill of deriving a word meaning, we should follow back-step process, starting from learning of roots and then trying to exploit it by making our own words. I too followed it. It gives good results. You too should have a look at it.
sanjaySinha

Post by sanjaySinha »

The actual meaning of the formation of the words is that it creates a new word from two similar meaning words.
For example :
spork (spoon and fork), cheeseburger (cheese and hamburger), electrocute (electric and execute)
Sanjay Sinha
Teaching English from 5 years
https://www.englishsikho.com