How to improve TOEIC score

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Mikiko

How to improve TOEIC score

Post by Mikiko »

I will check out Toeic at the end of December. Now, I reach about 550, and I want to raise 700, can I hope? Pls share for me tips? Thanks
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: How to improve TOEIC score

Post by Joe »

20 TOEIC Tips

1. Set a goal
So, you've decided to take the TOEIC test. Congratulations! The first thing you should do is set a goal. If you are taking the test in order to apply for a job, find out what proficiency level is required.

Choose a goal that is achievable. If you aim too high, you will be disappointed. Remember, you can take the test as often as you want if you don't mind paying the fee.

2. Understand the test
Before you start studying for the test, make sure you understand the format of each section. You will be tested on your listening and reading comprehension skills. By doing model or practice tests, you will become very familiar with the TOEIC. The test should become "second nature" to you before you attempt the real thing.

3. Make a study plan
Procrastination is one of the key reasons students fail the TOEIC test. You may book your TOEIC test months in advance. However, the day you decide to take the TOEIC test should be the day you start to study.

You will have to decide whether or not you are going to teach yourself the TOEIC with reliable resources or whether you are going to take a TOEIC preparation class. In order to get the best results, you should do both. If you cannot afford to take a TOEIC class, make sure to choose a TOEIC textbook that has explanatory answers. You will also want to have a teacher or tutor that you can go to from time to time with questions.

If you choose a TOEIC class, make sure that you trust your teacher and feel comfortable in his or her class. Take a class with a friend and make a commitment to study together in and outside of class.

Studying at the same time every day is a great way to improve your score. Write down your study plan and sign it!

See all 20 tips at:
https://www.englishclub.com/esl-exams/e ... c-tips.htm
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven