Classroom Management

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

RHERAZOV

Classroom Management

Post by RHERAZOV »

Hello! My name is Rhenson Herazo, I'm a pre-service teacher and I have an issue in terms of management in my classroom. It is a private school located in Sincelejo, Colombia, students are in 6th grade, their age is between 11-13, they live in the best neighborhoods here and their english level is good. However, they don't pay much attention to the explanations I give them even they are interesting. I've tried a lot of funny activities but they just don't work because they tend to misbehave and fight each other. I don't know what to do, it is driving me crazy. Please, any suggestion is very welcome.
Degutis

Re: Classroom Management

Post by Degutis »

Hello Rhenson,

I've been facing the same issue with my students (5th grade)... Raising my voice didn't help at all. And that won't help I guess. Being an experienced teacher, I have confronted misbehavior in the classroom many times (and dealt with it somehow), but the escalation that happens each time in this class scares me...
Now, I'm thinking about classroom management courses or something. Perhaps, they don't see me as an authoritative leader. And I guess I should find the informal leader among the most difficult students.

Renee Degutis
jonathanrace
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Classroom Management

Post by jonathanrace »

What are their hobbies? passions? You say the activities are funny but do they connect with the students and what they are interested in?
I can help you Learn English