My Story with English !!! Less than 6 months

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

hachmoune

My Story with English !!! Less than 6 months

Post by hachmoune »

:shock: Are 6 months enough to improve your English?

This question I hear it a lot of time, and I read a lot of topic about it and a saw many English Learners try to improve their English skills in a few months, they actually make a good improvement, especially if they worked hard in their spoken skill.

Me too make good improvement even in 3 months but I worked hard every day between 2 to 3 hours, and in the last 10 days of those 3 months, I worked 4 hours a day and I focus on reading and speaking skills.

There are a lot of Materials I was using such as reading one article more than 20 times and after repeat it, I record myself several times, and I compared between each record, and I try to improve the next time.

Actually, I record my voice in reading 10 times or more, and I read slowly with good pronunciation, and I do that with every paragraph in the text or the article that I read, Of course, I choose an article in a topic that I love and interesting.

After that, I read a book, I read every day "One Chapter", and I repeat it 3 times if the chapter was long, or more than 3 times if the chapter was short.

Of course, I read the book with a loud voice, and slow rhythm, and as the English people said "Don't put all your eggs in one basket",

I do not read-only, but I try to summarize what I read without seeing the script or the text that I read from it, and I do the same thing with the chapters.

But the reading is not enough if anyone wants to speak and improve speaking skills, you should speak also, and speaking is the most important and hard skill in any language because the main goal of learning a new language is to speak that language.

I joined an online classroom, and I start to speak with many beginners in English, first of the time, I was frustrated and embarrassed, as you know guys you got have the courage if you want to achieve something, and this is what I did.

I start with -you know- learn from teachers and answer a couple of questions, even simple questions I used to answer them with a whole sentence like:

Where is the Director? (for example).

I do not answer "He is in the office" but I answer "The director working in his office" and so on.

So, this what I think should anyone focus on If he wants to improve English, and I said Improve because I already have a good listening skill and I understand a lot of things, but speaking in those situations is the problem.

However, for right now I'm doing well, and try to stay motivated, and keep moving until I become fluent.

Thanks, Guys and I wish the best for you.
OBnnsr

Re: My Story with English !!! Less than 6 months

Post by OBnnsr »

Hello!
I think that the problem of accents in London returns the problem of listening difficult. Maybe some friends in alive discussion or online discussions will improve more and efficiently the English language over all the listening and speaking.
nykriszti

Post by nykriszti »

Hello!

Can you tell me the online classrome name? I'd like to improve my communication skills, and speaking a lot in English. I think it's the hardest part about the language learning.
Today I have an english interview, and the HR employee didn't tell me previously that it will be in english. So I can't prepared for it. I was really nervous and forgot a lot in this situation, I hardly found the words. Obviously I didn't get the job. It was a really bad experience.
So can you offer me some online places, where I can speaking and writing with another, not native speaker people with english?

Thank you, and congrats your results. I hope you reach the fluent english knowledge! :)
Kriszti
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

I really like your reading strategy! Also really important is listening to native speakers, listening to radio or television programmes where people converse in English and finding the meaning of and practicing with new or difficult words.
Firefox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Firefox »

Well done, Hachmoune. You are certainly motivated, which is half the battle :mrgreen: