what is the national dish in your country

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

what is the national dish in your country

Post by Mohsen »

Chelo-Kabab is the national dish of Iran. The meal is simple, consisting of steamed, saffroned Persian rice and lamb meat (kabab), of which there are several distinct Persian varieties. This dish is served throughout Iran today.

different size of Kabab

restaurant are cowded
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: what is the national dish in your country

Post by Joe »

"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Joe wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 am In UK: Fish and Chips lol

Or see:
https://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/food-british.php
The UK is surrounded by four seas and Atlantic Ocean ,so that the Fish is your national dish. what kind of fish is most used? how is it cooked?

We have Persian golf and Oman sea in south and caspian sea in north , so people in north and south are more fish consumer.
I eat fish time to time ,roasted in oil , but just the sea fish , there are many farming fish around us which culture the fish in aquaculture pond. it is said that fishes are fed with chemical powders , I don't know it is right or wrong , but i don't eat trout .
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

This is Aquaculture of Trout
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Mohsen wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:15 pm
Joe wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 am In UK: Fish and Chips lol

Or see:
https://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/food-british.php
The UK is surrounded by four seas and Atlantic Ocean ,so that the Fish is your national dish. what kind of fish is most used? how is it cooked?

We have Persian golf and Oman sea in south and caspian sea in north , so people in north and south are more fish consumer.
I eat fish time to time ,roasted in oil , but just the sea fish , there are many farming fish around us which culture the fish in aquaculture pond. it is said that fishes are fed with chemical powders , I don't know it is right or wrong , but i don't eat trout .
Please don’t quote me but I believe the staple of UK fish and chips is cod.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

It looks nice, but don't just show us the pictures, please tell us what the gredients are and how it is cooked so that I can do the same dish at home.

Looks like some tomatoes are roasted? Do you think it is good to treat fruits this way? I hear Muslims use hands to get the food into mouth without using spoons or forks or chopsticks, so it is not so hygienic and might cause unncessary disease, now the African swine flu is spreading around the world and the price of pork goes up.

If you visit our town in southern China, I can assure you that you can have different food every night for at least one month. Whether there is Iranian food available here, now I will shut off the computer and go out to make a survey in the market, wait for my good news.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

I hear Muslims use hands to get the food into mouth without using spoons or forks or chopsticks,
I've never seen people eat by hands in Iran , if you wear your glasses you see the spoons in the pictures .

I've heard that people eat cockroach ,scorpion and lizard in China , i don't know if they eat them by chopsticks or by hands , anyway it is not good for their health.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Iran is a country with some serious shirini etiquette. With creme (tar) or without (khoshk), each pastry has its proper serving occasion. It’s a country where patisserie boxes are filled by the kilo, and customers are often seen with several boxes in hand.

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Qom is city located in center of Iran
Qom’s most famous confection is a saffron brittle made with wheat sprout, eggs, rosewater, sugar, butter, and cardamom. The top of this toffee-colored goodness is studded with pistachios, balancing the sweetness. Given the crunchy, buttery texture, this candy is highly addictive, which makes it easy to polish off an entire tin in one sitting, especially when there is a glass of piping hot tea nearby.

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

There is a kind of soup we called it Ashe Reshteh , it is one most favorite food in Iran . All people like to have it specially in winter .
It is consist of vegetable beans and noodle .

You can join to the voice chat in whatsapp to discuss a topic
The link is the follow
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DZ9KrFVTuJ19BgL4s0qd43
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Josher wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:24 pm Hi everyone, this is borsch

We can say it , but without meat
:lol: :lol:
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Mohsen wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:28 pm Image

There is a kind of soup we called it Ashe Reshteh , it is one most favorite food in Iran . All people like to have it specially in winter .
It is consist of vegetable beans and noodle .

You can join to the voice chat in whatsapp to discuss a topic
The link is the follow
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DZ9KrFVTuJ19BgL4s0qd43
Hey What kind of food do you cook with spinach , We cook spinach and mix it with egg , fried it on the oil , we call it Kookoo
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Thouraya

Post by Thouraya »

i am Algerian but i live in Saudi Arabia
So , in Algeria our national dish is : Couscous.
In Saudi Arabia is : Kabsa.
{-: {-: {-: {-: {-:
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Thouraya wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 am i am Algerian but i live in Saudi Arabia
So , in Algeria our national dish is : Couscous.
In Saudi Arabia is : Kabsa.
{-: {-: {-: {-: {-:
Hello , I don't know about Couscous , you can send a picture and explain about the cuisine.
Kabsa is a common meal ,available in many countries , I think it is the healthiest food in restaurants , I like it

the picture of Iranian Kabsa which is consist of rice and mutton.

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Gargdev

Post by Gargdev »

India being such a diverse country to have a single dish as National dish is not possible. When you visit India you can enjoy nearly 100 dishes all coming from different regions and all have a different aroma.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Gargdev wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:46 pm India being such a diverse country to have a single dish as National dish is not possible. When you visit India you can enjoy nearly 100 dishes all coming from different regions and all have a different aroma.

100 dishes !!!!!? What are the most favorite ones?
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
aslihan

Post by aslihan »

I live in Istanbul and Turkey's best-loved and much national dish, lahmacun, kebab, döner, çiğköfte are the most popular food and stuffed vine leaves and is very tasty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Biryani is one of the traditional dishes of Isfahan. The meat is incredibly rich and fatty. Biryani is served as a main course mostly in places called Beryani. Biryani has a browned crust, but it surprisingly collapses into a soft mince as you fork through it.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Nanning
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Nanning »

Mohsen wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:11 pm
I hear Muslims use hands to get the food into mouth without using spoons or forks or chopsticks,
I've never seen people eat by hands in Iran , if you wear your glasses you see the spoons in the pictures .

I've heard that people eat cockroach ,scorpion and lizard in China , i don't know if they eat them by chopsticks or by hands , anyway it is not good for their health.
National dish is a quasi-question, meaning there is no such thing in reality.

I think both of the participants of the discussion are reasonable in their argument.

Sitang brother is talking abut the phenomenon in the Muslim world, not specific in Iran, and as far as I know, a large number of muslim belivers in Indonesia and Malaysia eat from hand (right hand, left hand is used for other purpose as you know in the bathroom), and Mr Moshen doesn't have to give the offensive retort telling the eating of insects, beacuse some one's meat is another man's poison, vise versa, so you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad or unhealthy.
In my own opinion, it is unhealthy too not to shave the beard, because even in western world women and laides shaved their private parts to keep a clean condition of personal sanity.

My last time in contact with Iran is the news that a general was killed in the airport by the US and the Iranina air force downed the Ukrainian civil airplane. Perhaps Mr moshen could update us with local situation that are more authentic than from Reuters, BBC, CNN, The Economist or other anti-Iran resources.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Nanning wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:01 am
Mohsen wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:11 pm

National dish is a quasi-question, meaning there is no such thing in reality.

I think both of the participants of the discussion are reasonable in their argument.

Sitang brother is talking abut the phenomenon in the Muslim world, not specific in Iran, and as far as I know, a large number of muslim belivers in Indonesia and Malaysia eat from hand (right hand, left hand is used for other purpose as you know in the bathroom), and Mr Moshen doesn't have to give the offensive retort telling the eating of insects, beacuse some one's meat is another man's poison, vise versa, so you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad or unhealthy.
In my own opinion, it is unhealthy too not to shave the beard, because even in western world women and laides shaved their private parts to keep a clean condition of personal sanity.

My last time in contact with Iran is the news that a general was killed in the airport by the US and the Iranina air force downed the Ukrainian civil airplane. Perhaps Mr moshen could update us with local situation that are more authentic than from Reuters, BBC, CNN, The Economist or other anti-Iran resources.
hi sis , I am still alive , and every thing in Iran came back to normal condition , lockdown was finished , although during corona virus period , some counties were looking for toilet papers and the shops were looted by people ,specially in USA , but we didn't have shortage of anything , thanks God.
About your idea , I am not responsible for Muslims of Malaysia , Indonesia , I just talked about people of Iran , it is not important what other people said ,say ...

About news , yes you never follow Reuters , BBC ... they tell the news with motive some time they are big lairs ,
You are right, the US terrorist army killed general Solaimani , the commander of anti terrorist groups in Iraq and Syrai , And Iran took revenge by demolishing the biggest USA force base (Ain El Asad) in Iraq , killing 120 USA army forces , but revenge is still continue , because the value of general solaimani 's shoe is more than 1000 USA generals .

During war ,many thing is possible to happen , when Iran was striking the US base by missile , one of Ukrain plane fight close to defence system and it was hit mistakenly , that was last NEWS , Mohsen agency :lol:

Bye
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

One the Iranian favorite dish is stuffed grape leaves , in this season the vine leaves are fresh , light green and thin , it is rally suitable to cater stuffed grape leaves

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Mohsen »

Today, over 1400 years since Martyrdom of Imam Hussien, Shiites, and especially Iranians still hold the Muharram ceremonies with a passion and love that has not ebbed over the centuries. In the day leading up to Ashura, every day and every night there are mourning processions, grassroots events organized by people for the people.

Families, give nazri (charity food), take their kids to learn about Imam Hussein, and more. Indeed, these days in Iran, the Days of Muharram have become a time for unity and harmony, where families gather together, to mourn Imam Hussein and also to bolster their family bond, which was so important for them.
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
ramirezy

Post by ramirezy »

The national dish in Venezuela is "The Pabellon criollo", it consists of rice, meat, and black beans. The meat has to be stewing meat, and it is usually served along with fried plantain slices. :-P
camilahenry

Post by camilahenry »

I'm from Italy and I guess I don't need to tell what is famous in my country.
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

This is our national dish, although you will find different versions of it around Spain, the real one is in Valencia. It is a rice dish which can be cooked with chicken and rabbit or a sea paella which is made with muscles, fish and prawns.

Paella valenciana
https://www.johaprato.com/receta/paella-valenciana
abbilia

Post by abbilia »

I am from China, there are lots of good dishes of local specialties, and food culture in China has a long history. Food is extremely important to Chinese people, even more so than you would think. "We are food-oriented," as the saying goes. Sichuan, Shandong, Anhui, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Hunan, and Guangdong are the eight main Chinese provincial cuisines, each with its own distinct characteristics.
For instance, if you are living in Chengdu, Chengdu Hotpot is the most well-known recipe, and almost everyone loves it. Although there are several different types of hotpot, Chengdu hotpot is known for its spiciness, as well as its proclivity for encouraging people to drink cold soda or ice-cold beer, converse with a variety of people, and have fun with this special style of dining. Or if you are living in Guangzhou, the dim sum in Guangzhou is excellent. Tao Tao Ju Restaurant, a well-known brand, is a great place to go if you want to eat traditional dim sum. Shrimp dumplings, Cantonese egg tart, rice roll, steamed BBQ pork bun, and other dishes are available.
Better choice. Better life. Try to explore more about teaching in China.
Alia Shen

Post by Alia Shen »

I am a Chinese girl from the northeast of China. In my hometown, the most popular dish is ‘Fried Pork in Scoop’. The cooked meat is crisp and sweet, people in each age can fall in love with this dish. After I worked in Beijing, I had cooked this meal for my foreign friends who teaching in China. They are also keen on it. I really like to share my life with people in common interests. Please contact with me if you wan to know more about me.
Better Education, Better World. Try to explore more about teaching in China. :-D
jiangjiang

Post by jiangjiang »

I am from China. China is a country with a long history of food culture and there are eight major Chinese regional cuisines from eight provinces, each with specific features: Sichuan, Shandong, Anhui, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Hunan, and Guangdong. Each of them has unique taste.
Better job, better application, better world. Explore more for teaching in China
Angel S

Post by Angel S »

In China, there are eight major Chinese regional cuisines from eight provinces, each with specific features: Sichuan, Shandong, Anhui, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Hunan, and Guangdong. And the food is really good in China!
Better Job, Better Education, Better World. Try to explore more about how to teach english in guangzhou
RBoulud

Post by RBoulud »

Sarma is possibly one of the best and definitely favorite dish of every Serb. It is prepared with pickled cabbage, minced meat and rice, but there are a few variations to this and it can be prepared with vine leaves, or with minced fish meat.

Another one is Burek -my favorite and probably the best pastry in the world! It's made of pastries filled with ground meat, cheese or spinach. Typical savory fillings include crumbled white cheese, curd cheese, leeks, spinach leaves, or meat. Simply delicious!
DaddyMustafa

Post by DaddyMustafa »

Hi ,

At mornings usually we eat Walnut ,cheese , bread , honey ,jam, butter, date,milk and some domestic food
Slawek

Post by Slawek »

My name is Slawek and I'm from Poland,
I think it is the best to say which dishes are most popular as there is no national dish i guess.
These are: pierogi, bigos, gołąbki and kotlety(polish names).
These dishes are national dishes according to Google.
Really popular are also soups: barszcz czerwony i biały. I really enjoy tomato soup which is extremely popular.
Below are links to pages with descriptions.
Pierogi:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierogi
Gołąbki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gołąbki
Barszcz biały:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Slav ... real_soups
BarGel

Post by BarGel »

I live in Israel, and the most popular food here is the falafel.
Its a ball fried in deep oil or in the form of a meatball of Arab origin, which appears in Middle Eastern cuisine. Made from broad beans, ground chickpeas or both. It is usually put in a pita with hummus, salad and you can put a little spicy (for those who like it). Many people like to eat the dish with fries on the side.
CawkaUA

Post by CawkaUA »

And I'm Oleksandr and I live in Ukraine, where, unfortunately, there is a war with russia, the invader country.
But we have very good cuisine and especially delicious dishes are borsch with bacon and donuts