Speaking and Debating in English

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

talkingwithgigi

Speaking and Debating in English

Post by talkingwithgigi »

Hey English Learners and Teachers!

My name is Gigi, I'm a native speaker and a certified English teacher. I've created this thread where we can all post about English conversations, expressions and debate topics to practice speaking better.

Let me start with a discussion topic:

Where would you prefer to live, in the city or in the countryside? Give 3 reasons.

{-:
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Speaking and Debating in English

Post by SitangCampus »

Thank you for creating this space.

I prefer the countryside. The reasons are:
1.The environment is quiet and nice and the air is fresh.
2.Everything in my daily life can be easily made available through the Internet and the fast delivery service.
3.I can have a small plot of land behind my house to grow some vegetable and some chickens that can help improve my food quality especially on holidays.
talkingwithgigi

Post by talkingwithgigi »

{-: Great points! The countryside certainly provides us with fresh air and food.
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

This topic seems not a good one to draw the attention of our readers, we should give a better topic.

Under this current pandemic, do you still want to go home over a long distance to celebrate important events like New Year? (How about this topic?)
donmezberkay

Post by donmezberkay »

Hello Gigi! Such a cool topic to talk about on an English learning forum.

It is my very first response to a question in this forum. I will give it a short but contrastive try!

How old we are might, to some extent, shape the response we depict for this question. While older people are in general more prone to live in a quiet and simple environment, young people mostly dedicate their effort to resolve and adapt to the complexity of urban life - middle-aged people are somewhere in between :) -

Somehow, I, as a young adult, would prefer to live in a rural area for its simplicity and quietness, or maybe I am just an oldish young fellow.