I trying to start teaching ESL online

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Zeetaaro

I trying to start teaching ESL online

Post by Zeetaaro »

Hi all,
I've been teaching corporate English for quite some time now. I am thinking of venturing into online tutoring but have no clue where to begin. I would greatly appreciate any tips or suggestions that could possible guide me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :)
rosario

Re: I trying to start teaching ESL online

Post by rosario »

I suggest to sign up on italki. Write a good description about you and use instagram and twitter for getting attention. It works ;-)
Do you want to do individual lessons or group lessons?
abbilia

Post by abbilia »

If you want to teach ESL online in China or to Chinese, it is better to you to know that which online education company you want to choose, and is it good or not. You also have to know the classification of online teaching jobs, and status quo and trends.
Then about the requirements for teaching ESL online:
It is not always mandatory to have a teaching credential. You can teach in China without a credential if you are a native English speaker with two years of English teaching experience. You must, however, submit a letter of recommendation indicating that you have more than two years of full-time teaching experience.
1.Printed on school letterhead ;
2.Signed or stamped by school principal or management board representative;
3.Stated dates of your employment there as an English teacher in the format.
Better choice. Better life. Try to explore more about teaching in China.
NicolePan

Post by NicolePan »

In the current international environment, I think teaching English online is a good opportunity. On many social media or video sites, there are many bloggers who will teach by themselves. I think you can first put some free videos to increase your video traffic and fans, and then you can teach online through video conferencing.
Education Shapes Future.Teaching in China, help others shapes a better future.
jiangjiang

Post by jiangjiang »

If you try to start teaching ESL online in China, you may be interested in the working experience, working load, and the salary of the institution you are applying for.
The size of China's online education market has been growing steadily over the past five years as a result of the rapid devekioment of Internet technology, the increasing social attention to education, and the increasing economic growth.
There are about 100 Chinese-based online education companies, and the number is continuing to grow rapidly.
China's online teaching jobs can be divided into the following areas:
1. K-12 education
2. Higher education
3. Language learning
4. Whole-person education
Better job, better application, better world. Explore more for teaching in China
Tina Song

Post by Tina Song »

Hi there, online teaching is a new trend now particularly due to the pandemic situation and it is a good try for you to teach ESL online. However, there are many aspects to be considered, for example, the technical problem, students' effective engagement in class and so on. If you intend to teach ESL online in China, I think it would be better if you could blend online learning and offsite learning together because most students most deem that face-to-face teaching would be more effective for them.
Better job, Better Education, Better World. Explore more for teaching in China
jiangjiang

Post by jiangjiang »

If you want to teach English in China, then I would like to recommend you to look for jobs through professional online recruiters or websites.
Better job, better application, better world. Explore more for teaching in China
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I think it is a good opportunity to do online teaching particularly due to the pandemic conditions recently. I recommend you to come teach in China because China has entered a mature stage of online teaching.
Better job, Better Education, Better World. Explore more for teaching in China.
irwan

Post by irwan »

Hai, i have studying in collage at english literature. I really need your help guys, to improve my english skills. Maybe we can talk at another platfrom, like instagram (@_ir.1_) that's my insta. Ok thanks, i'm waiting you for it.
RBoulud

Post by RBoulud »

One of the best things you can do is just read a lot in English. It's better if it's English without spelling mistakes and abbreviations, but seriously, read a lot!

Other than that, how about you try writing some texts in English, share it and ask friends to have a look and correct grammar and words used.

Between those things and just in general surrounding yourself with English, you should notice good improvements soon {-: .

Good luck!