Teaching English for Young Learners Online

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

meltemuzmen

Teaching English for Young Learners Online

Post by meltemuzmen »

Hello everyone,

I need your help about teaching English for young learners online. Since it is not easy to attract the learners attention during the lesson, what kind of activities should I use in online lessons to make the learners participate more?
violiners

Re: Teaching English for Young Learners Online

Post by violiners »

Hello! :-D
Teaching English to young learners might be difficult sometimes, and teaching online is much more difficult I can say. There are some tecniques that you can use to attract your students' attention.I think you should mostly use entartaining activities include games, videos and music.

Since young learners love playing games, you can try to use games more.I can advice you a website which is really useful.You can find many kind of activities and games in this website. Also, you can create your own activities.

https://wordwall.net
Good luck !!!! {-;
Izzah

Post by Izzah »

A unique gaming App developed to inspire the reading habit through a competitive spirit. “OjO” as in Reading OjO refers to the eye which is keen to read. The motive of Reading OjO is to persuade every eye ready to read, read and read. Reading OjO is all about creating a fun habit through the convergence of Technology, Academics, Gamification and General Knowledge.
NicolePan

Post by NicolePan »

I think not only teaching online during pandemic is a good idea, it will also become a trend in the future. At the same time, young people all over the world are eager to learn English. I think this is a good opportunity for English teachers.
Education Shapes Future.Teaching in China, help others shapes a better future.
Tina Song

Post by Tina Song »

Yes, it is not easy to teach online, particularly to children because they are not able to concentrate for long. Maybe you could try to think about some interesting games related to English learning that they would engage in. Hope my advice works and good luck to your teaching!
Better job, Better Education, Better World. Explore more for teaching in China