Creative Writing or Business Writing?

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

markcoblin

Creative Writing or Business Writing?

Post by markcoblin »

Hi, Can anyone tell me the difference Between Creative and Business writing? About Creative writing, I have a little bit of knowledge like write content about your personal experience and imagination but no idea about business writing anyone explains to me?
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Re: Creative Writing or Business Writing?

Post by Mohsen »

markcoblin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 am Hi, Can anyone tell me the difference Between Creative and Business writing? About Creative writing, I have a little bit of knowledge like write content about your personal experience and imagination but no idea about business writing anyone explains to me?
The is no payment terms in creative writing , but in Business writing there are payment terms , delivery terms
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
marekdeny

Post by marekdeny »

According to me business writing provides valuable information, which is capable of answering all the possible queries of customers and on the other hand creative writing draw people's attention with the help of poems, stories and other content.
MicheleDouglas

Post by MicheleDouglas »

As for me, there is a big difference. After all, a creative composition is written in an arbitrary form. But a business letter has a narrow specificity, a narrow topic for discussion. There are rules for each type of lowland. Explore more recommendations and then start writing.
inglesteacha

Post by inglesteacha »

I bought a business writing online course a few days ago.
Business writing is something that businesses used to communicate with customers, not just sales letters and promotional materials.
kellyf

Post by kellyf »

In business writing, you don't have a voice. You are irrelevant.

Business readers want the information now, concise, to the point, non-dandelion fluff.

Spit it out: who, what, when, where, why, how.
harrywilbert

Post by harrywilbert »

Business writing aims to disseminate information; creative writing aims to disseminate it in the most imaginative way possible. It considers what the greatest words, styles, and meanings are. It inquires as to how the message might be honed.

Business prose is the polar opposite of creative writing. To create suspense and interest, creative authors frequently offer bits and pieces of information. They don't want to sell anything; instead, they want to take people on a voyage that takes them away from everything else.

For more info visit: https://icreativesol.co.uk/brand-develo ... any-in-uk/
maidensedate

Post by maidensedate »

Business writing has her structure, but creative writing hasn't.
marievangundy

Post by marievangundy »

I got so much information from this thread. thank you so much. i didn't know this thing before. Thank you for froviding such valuable stuff
SummerFrog

Post by SummerFrog »

In my time at college, when I worked for a newspaper, I'd remain up until late into the night, and sometimes till the morning, writing my story within the workplace. It's not like it took an incredibly long time writing, but I'd take my time, write it, hand it over to my editor and return it full of red marks and remarks and notes about what my editor is looking for. Rinse, repeat.

It was a challenging course, no doubt however it helped make professional writing simpler for me later. At present, I'm working on an assignment as a copywriter which is a breeze for me.

Writing is a procedure. Business writing, creative writing, or whatever... writing is an ongoing process. It's not a magical process to write an amazing story. The actual writing process is just one part of what we refer to as "writing." In actuality, story planning and structuring the story prior to draft as well as post-draft analysis and editing, proofreading, and revision are all as essential to "writing" as... well, writing.
Customers can be charged based on their consumption of the products or services that you provide with usage-based billing.
emilyparker

Post by emilyparker »

I think business writing is something more serious when it comes to structure, requirements, and so on. There are 'rules' which you have to follow. And creative writing is up to you - write what you like.
That's how I see difference, in general
emilyparker

Post by emilyparker »

SummerFrog wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:15 am In my time at college, when I worked for a newspaper, I'd remain up until late into the night, and sometimes till the morning, writing my story within the workplace. It's not like it took an incredibly long time writing, but I'd take my time, write it, hand it over to my editor and return it full of red marks and remarks and notes about what my editor is looking for. Rinse, repeat.

It was a challenging course, no doubt however it helped make professional writing simpler for me later. At present, I'm working on an assignment as a copywriter which is a breeze for me.

Writing is a procedure. Business writing, creative writing, or whatever... writing is an ongoing process. It's not a magical process to write an amazing story. The actual writing process is just one part of what we refer to as "writing." In actuality, story planning and structuring the story prior to draft as well as post-draft analysis and editing, proofreading, and revision are all as essential to "writing" as... well, writing.
Yes, you're right. Writing is complex procedure, which includes editing, proofreading, etc, which is very important if you want to compete a story, creative or business
mmoexpgong

Post by mmoexpgong »

I often buy the Business Writing from fiverr, but its just so so.
opgroup

Post by opgroup »

I'm learning content writing on English.
I'm practicing English on my Whatsapp Group Link and learning
Robinson

Post by Robinson »

Creative writing and business writing are two distinct forms of written communication with unique purposes and styles. Creative writing involves using imagination and personal experiences to craft expressive and original content, such as poetry, short stories, and novels. It allows writers to explore various literary techniques, evoke emotions, and create captivating narratives without strict constraints.

On the other hand, business writing serves practical purposes within professional settings. Its main focus is on clear and concise communication to achieve specific business objectives. Business writing encompasses a wide range of documents, including emails, reports, proposals, and marketing materials, all aiming to convey information, data, or ideas in a professional and effective manner. It maintains a formal tone, relies on factual evidence, and seeks to engage readers pragmatically rather than artistically.
Last edited by Robinson on Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madilin

Post by Madilin »

markcoblin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 am Hi, Can anyone tell me the difference Between Creative and Business writing? About Creative writing, I have a little bit of knowledge like write content about your personal experience and imagination but no idea about business writing anyone explains to me?
Of course! Creative writing lets you explore your imagination, crafting stories and emotions. Business writing is more structured, aiming to inform, persuade, or communicate in a professional setting. It includes reports, emails, proposals, and more. Both are valuable skills—express yourself creatively and effectively in different contexts.
Madilin

Post by Madilin »

Hey there! Absolutely, I'd be happy to help explain the difference between creative and business writing.

Creative Writing:
Creative writing is like painting with words. It's all about expressing your thoughts, feelings, and imagination in a unique and engaging way. You're free to use your creativity to create stories, poems, and essays that entertain, inspire, or even provoke emotions. Think of it as a canvas for your thoughts and dreams.

Business Writing:
Business writing is more like clear and concise communication. It's about conveying information effectively, often in a professional setting. This could include writing emails, reports, proposals, or even content for websites and advertisements. The focus here is on being straightforward, informative, and persuasive to achieve a specific goal, whether it's informing clients, selling a product, or making a proposal.

In a nutshell, creative writing lets you unleash your imagination and emotions, while business writing is about communicating with precision to achieve a particular objective. Both have their unique charms and are important in different contexts. Hope this helps clear things up! 📚🖋️
willyhil

Post by willyhil »

Creative writing and business writing are two different types of writing that have different purposes, styles, and audiences. Let me explain the main differences between them.

Creative writing is the type of writing that uses imagination, creativity, and originality to express ideas, feelings, and stories. Creative writing is often done for the purpose of entertaining, inspiring, or engaging the readers. Some examples of creative writing are novels, poems, short stories, scripts, songs, etc.

Business writing is the type of writing that provides factual information to the readers. Business writing is often done for the purpose of informing, persuading, or instructing the readers. Some examples of business writing are reports, proposals, memos, emails, advertisements, etc.