RAMADAN - The month of fasting

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

RAMADAN - The month of fasting

Post by kimo »

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Islam uses a lunar calendar—that is, each month begins with the sighting of the new moon. Because the lunar calendar is about 11 days shorter than the solar calendar used elsewhere, Islamic holidays "move" each year. In 2004 Ramadan will begin on Oct. 15.
For more than a billion Muslims around the world—including some 8 million in North America—Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity. This year Ramadan precedes Christmas and Hanukkah. But while in many places these holidays have become widely commercialized, Ramadan retains its focus on self-sacrifice and devotion to Allah (God).
:D :D :D
and i will send more details about Ramadan soooon God willing(insha allah)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Is then when muslims go to Mecca and pray in the Kaaba or something like that? Sorry, I studied that in college but I just forgot... :roll: Can you tell us, Kimo?
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by kimo »

[

Hi there.....
First of all I would like to thank u for ur massage, and I read some of ur massages and I enjoyed them .
About our Pray we can do it anywhere in the world no need to go Mecca ,but if any Muslim do his Pray in Mecca he will get more charity special in Ramadan our God(ALLAH) gives us more charity in Ramadan ,So we see a lot of people go to Mecca seeking for more charity .
I will try to write about any thing in my mind so I hope to send me ur opinion to encourage me to do my best.

Anyway I hope to be in touch
Good luck
kimo

:D :D :D
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

i really find you religion very interesting... :wink:
actually i find it holy. :P
i just hope that somehow people of your religion would stop killing such innocent individuals.... :cry:
say..... are they in the same religion from you guys or are theirs different from you? :? :? :? :? :?
i would really like to know.
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

pinas wrote:omg, talking about being straightforward...
:shock:
really? hope i'm not offending anyone here..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:
majeedHaider

Re: RAMADAN - The month of fasting

Post by majeedHaider »

prepare yourself for fasting now because Ramadan is now coming
mahmoudgaba

Post by mahmoudgaba »

On June 2015 Muslims all over the world will start fasting Ramadan for one month. My advice to all Muslims to be true Muslims so as other people the bright site of Islam. Some people did harm their people because they do not care for them.
Hananmeftah

Post by Hananmeftah »

Hi Francine just I would like to tell you there is not relationship between Islam and killing ,there is the bad people and good people at any religious in the whole world ,Islam means peace .fasting in ramadhan is one of the pillar in Islam because to be Muslim we have to practice the 5 pillars,believe to Allah and Mohamed is a messenger of Allah, fasting ramadhan,praying ,give some charity to poor people and haj who can go to Mecca .thank you
OguzGul

Post by OguzGul »

what about the 2016 dates for each region?? where can we get
Individual

Post by Individual »

Although, it is not 2016 anymore, but I guess you can find the dates and timings for the upcoming Ramadan on various websites.
However, make this sure that the website that you are visiting shares the authentic information. Best wishes!
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

When it comes to fasting during this holy month, I d like to share some of the sights I saw in a muslim country in Southeast Asia. Local people told me that they were not allowed to eat, drink or even smoke between sunrise and sunset for the whole day, except the sick and the babies. But I found that it was not the case. Some people like those who do manual work open their mouths to big plates of rice for lunch in secret. Some drink and smoke when they are not seen. Two or three muslims even tasted what pork was when we playfully asked them to, oh, my God....
Safari
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Safari »

SitangCampus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:52 am When it comes to fasting during this holy month, I d like to share some of the sights I saw in a muslim country in Southeast Asia. Local people told me that they were not allowed to eat, drink or even smoke between sunrise and sunset for the whole day, except the sick and the babies. But I found that it was not the case. Some people like those who do manual work open their mouths to big plates of rice for lunch in secret. Some drink and smoke when they are not seen. Two or three muslims even tasted what pork was when we playfully asked them to, oh, my God....
But of course they were seen. God sees everything :-?
Individual

Post by Individual »

SitangCampus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:52 am When it comes to fasting during this holy month, I d like to share some of the sights I saw in a muslim country in Southeast Asia. Local people told me that they were not allowed to eat, drink or even smoke between sunrise and sunset for the whole day, except the sick and the babies. But I found that it was not the case. Some people like those who do manual work open their mouths to big plates of rice for lunch in secret. Some drink and smoke when they are not seen. Two or three muslims even tasted what pork was when we playfully asked them to, oh, my God....
Hi SitangCampus!
A bit of clarification here regarding your experience. The principle here in the month of Ramadan is the same that you have got to know from the local individuals. Muslims all over the world fast from dawn to dusk in which they do not eat or drink anything. However, sick and children (who aren't major) are exempt. Apart from these exemptions, there are some other exceptions that Islam provides to Muslims, so the people you saw might be availing any of those exemptions.

So, I would disagree that they were eating secretly but it is a good practice to not eat in front of people who are fasting (so they might be hiding in that sense). Additionally, for the fast of each day, Muslims need to "intend" for the fast before sunrise. In case someone misses it due to any reason and can compensate for that fast after the month ends. I hope now you would be able to see the situation in a better way.
Individual

Post by Individual »

In case, you need to look for the Ramadan Calendar for year 2020, then you can follow this link: Ramadan Calendar