Frankincense

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Frankincense

Post by mr_Love »

{note : Dhofar is the rigiom where Salalah is located }

The Sultanate of Oman has one of the oldest civilizations in the Arabian peninsular having notable periods of greatness in the Ancient World and in medieval times. The Dhofar region, in Southern Oman, is centered around the town of Salalah, and is where the frankincense story began...

The focal point of Dhofar's history was the frankincense trade which flourished for centuries. Frankincense trees (which grow in Dhofar and parts of Africa) originated in the Dhofar valley all those many years ago and were of great economic importance to such figures as the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon. The Queen of Sheba reigned over the Hadramut Kingdom which included Dhofar. Recent evidence also shows that frankincense was exported to China during the Ming Dynasty!

for farther information click http://www.adventurearabia.com/storynf.htm

Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

A wonderful topic Prince. :)
Frankincense is a very important part of our life in the Middle East. It's a part of our daily life, our weddings and our Eids.

My father lived for sometime in Hadramut and he explained to me how frankincense is taken from trees.
By making small cuts in the frankincense trees, a waxy liquid comes out of the cuts. The liquid should be left for a few days until it's completely dry.
Of course, they do this WITHOUT cutting the trees.
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

here in my region it is too
using in our daily life.....