How to become success?

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

How to become success?

Post by Chet Baker »

:D Please let me introduce myself, I am Chet, a new member, living in Hong Kong. I am so glad to have an opportunity to share my point of view with all of you. I hope that all of you would like this topic.

There are several definitions about “success”. In a material world, like Hong Kong, success usually refer to a question as to how much money do you have or how much you can earn, because, people do believe that money can solve problems. As one of the members of this material world, how to become success? It seems to be untouchable.

I take a different kind of view. I think that “success” means earning the most respect from others. If you have done something which is very difficult, it may be called “success”. If you are expert of a kind of profession, you may be success. I don’t think I am success, because, if I think I am success already, I will stop learning.
:)
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Hi Chet,

Success is a “Win Win” situation. It could be anything that you achieve the goal you have. It could be love, money, at school, at work, at family and so on. When you reach to the goal you have, the result is “success”. Your goal is to be a professional, a person who lean and knows a lot of thing. That isn’t bad at all. However it is hard to reach the goal you have, because a professional still learns everyday. There is always something out there that we don’t know yet. Therefore people keep learning to improve their knowledge and it’s never end. For me the definition of “Success” is “Happy”. When you are happy you may have what you need. It is a simple way to live.

Cheer,

Vince
vennini

Post by vennini »

vince90 wrote:Hi Chet,

Success is a “Win Win” situation. It could be anything that you achieve the goal you have. It could be love, money, at school, at work, at family and so on. When you reach to the goal you have, the result is “success”. Your goal is to be a professional, a person who lean and knows a lot of thing. That isn’t bad at all. However it is hard to reach the goal you have, because a professional still learns everyday. There is always something out there that we don’t know yet. Therefore people keep learning to improve their knowledge and it’s never end. For me the definition of “Success” is “Happy”. When you are happy you may have what you need. It is a simple way to live.

Cheer,

Vince
Yep,vince,you're quite right.
smile,smile,smile
takeshi

success=dream comes true

Post by takeshi »

different people have different dreams or called goals.some guys want to be richman.another want to be famous people.I think it doesn't matter.just do it!seize ur chance,chasing the dream.when ur dreams come true,u r successful.u don't need to mind the eyeshot from others.Be urself,make ur dreams come true~
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by amoolah »

Anybody can get other's trust but the success is to maintain and raise this trust

Anybody can have lots of friends but the success is to have true friends and maintain their friendship

Anybody can get other's love but the success is to maintain and raise this love

Anybody can gain lots of money but the success is to maintain and raise this money

This is what sucess means for me ;)
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by amoolah »

violet wrote:
amoolah wrote:Anybody can get other's trust but the success is to maintain and raise this trust

Anybody can have lots of friends but the success is to have true friends and maintain their friendship

Anybody can get other's love but the success is to maintain and raise this love

Anybody can gain lots of money but the success is to maintain and raise this money

This is what sucess means for me
Good comment, Amoolah! :D
Thanks dear violet ;)
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

:)
Ibrar

success

Post by Ibrar »

Dear chat you are right :R: ,but if you are expert in some profession or if you have such a position that society respect you,i don't think these things make you satisfy.in human heart there is lot of space to receive love and also big place to share love,if some one give you love and care about you and make you happy in time of sadness :( i think thats are great success.when i travel in high mountains of aghanisatn i realize that nature is very merciful as like the love of girl.i know that without love success is a very temporary idea :idea: like dusk comes and gradually goes.in this earth only true love can give you everlasting satisfication, :)
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

I was lucky enough to visit Hong Kong briefly a long time ago -- what a cool place. I hope I get to visit again before I die.

Over the years, my definition of success has certainly changed. When I was young, I wanted to set the world on fire and knew I was the fellow to do it too. Having survived 35+ years in an office environment, I finally threw my corporate shackles off and started writing at home full time 8 years ago and I never looked back.

Today, success has assumed an entirely new meaning for me as I celebrate an enormously flexible work schedule, life with two beautiful (and intelligent) children, two grandsons who are perfect, and a loving wife of 20 years. I'm a lucky guy, for sure, and I believe I am a success by any measure (except money) :)

These were sure some interesting observations from different cultures. These are some fascinating insights ... thanks!